FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maximum Ride.

+3
Silvan Arrow
Eternity
EverMan
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Maximum Ride. Empty Maximum Ride.

Post by EverMan Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:29 pm

WOOO!
Still accepting....so, yea.
As for plot....I don't have much right now. Open for ideas.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Maximum Ride. Empty Re: Maximum Ride.

Post by Eternity Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:42 pm

{Cartoon/Anime Pic - Original image}
Maximum Ride. Fbc4f3d4d61bcd6fcc597ce555eb548a
-
{Realistic Pic}
Maximum Ride. Sunset_Girl_by_Nek29

Name:
Justine "Azul" Morrow
Wing-Color:
a smooth blue, mimicking those of a Blue Jay as they have white tips and undersides

Power:
Electricity:
-She can manipulate and conjure electricity. Her best ability with this is her ability to either control small pieces of technology (make phones ring, turn things on and off, flicker lights), or cast bolts or bursts of raw electricity. Because her ability is very strong, it is harder to control, making her dangerous and sometimes uncontrollable.
-She cannot control technology in such a way as to read or convert information within it. She can simply take or feed energy into it- which tends to require far more focus and control than she tends to have.
-In the beginning, her most common use of this ability is using her body as a conductor, electrocuting those who attack her; or by bursting energy at others. Many times this wears her out and results in passing out fairly quick.

Height:
5'9
Weight:
135 lbs.
Eye-Color:
Blue/ comparable to that of the sea when the sun hits it perfectly
Hair-Color:
Brown/ comparable to a lighter shade, perhaps of cocoa powder
Skin-Tone:
Softly tanned

Personality:
Azul as she is called is one of those who is a bit more sheltered from society. Because of her power, she is a quick-to-temper young woman who acts far more mature than a child. She acts quite wise when calm and can dictate hard decisions when they need to be done. Many times, she is an enforcer and fighter; a protector of what she cares for. Her generosity extends only so far until you get through her barbed wire fence of anti-social ways. But beneath it all she is motherly for she had none to guide her, and nurtures those younger than her or who cannot fully protect themselves. Children and animals are her true weaknesses, showing signs of a gentle nature beneath the hard, jagged exterior. Many times Justine regrets who she has become because of both her temper, and manner of pushing people away. But that is a factor she does not show her friends- who she does indeed act rather kindly too.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Awesome.

Gabrielle.
Age- about 15
Height- 5 3
Weight- 90 pounds.
Wings- 12 foot wingspan, pure gray.
Skin- Pale, extremely so.

No one in the flock knows much about Gabrielle. They found him in the school, secluded, bruised and beaten. He rarely speaks, and never seems to be paying attention. He's short for a 15 year old avian-human, and therefore has smaller wings. When he is forced into action, his wings can be very powerful, making him faster then some of the largest bird kids.
He wears whatever is available, and doesn't care much about how he looks. His blond hair reaches his mid back, and is generally unkempt.
His power? There is now way I could sum it up in one word. When he's angry, or sad, or just upset, things.....happen. Should someone be hunting them whilst he's in a horrible mood, their plane might start malfunctioning. While fighting, enemies might oh so conveniently slip on a rock, or get a bad nose bleed. He hasn't noticed this power of his yet, and not many others have.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:27 pm

I shall endeavor to get a character up tomorrow or Friday. Yay! I'm so excited for this! ^_^

EDIT: My muse wouldn't let me sleep on this, so here you go!

Anime Picture
Maximum Ride. Carleo

Realistic Picture
Maximum Ride. Sonjamodel

Name: Sonja Valles
Wings: Mostly black on top with the primary feathers white streaked with black on the underside, with the secondary feathers completely black. They are like the wings of an osprey and reach a span of 15 feet.

Maximum Ride. Osprey

Powers: Sonja comes with the usual set of physical characteristics typical of avian-human hybrids raised in the laboratory, including enhanced strength and exceptional skills in hand-to-hand combat. Her eyesight is top-notch even among her fellow bird kids, as her avian DNA comes from an osprey, which relies on sight that is ten times better than a human’s when hunting over water. She also has the unique gift of thermal vision, which allows her to see living creatures as brightly colored silhouettes, the colors varying in intensity depending on the organism’s body temperature. This ability comes in handy for seeing what lies on the other side of solid objects, such as walls or doors, to avoid potential ambushes.

Finally, Sonja can manipulate wind to an extent, having only recently discovered this ability. Right now she has mastered how to direct the winds to give her and her flock mates extra speed in flight or to allow her to glide for extended periods of time. She can also use wind when in hand-to-hand combat, using it to add extra power to her punches and kicks. However, she easily loses control when using wind in this manner, especially when she loses control of her emotions and gets overly excited or angry. Since she could accidently hurt an ally if she loses control, she only employs wind in battle if absolutely necessary. She’s currently trying to get close-range wind manipulation under control first and then expand that so she can use it for long-range fighting.

Height: 5’10”
Weight and Build: Due to having the hollow bones and extra air sacs that are characteristic of avian-human hybrids, Sonja only weighs 115 pounds, though she certainly doesn’t look sickly or underweight. What muscles she has are streamlined into a lithe, slender figure that can cut through the air more efficiently. Years of forced physical training in the laboratory mean that she’s athletic with plenty of stamina for hours of sustained flight.
Eye color: Hazel
Hair Color: Brunette with honey-colored highlights that comes down to her chin and frames her face, whose features have lost the soft, round appearance of childhood and taken on the sharp angles reminiscent of a bird of prey
Skin Color: Mostly pale with the slightest hint of tan

Personality: Sonja is mostly a quiet, reserved individual. Years spent in the laboratory crushed most emotions typical of a young girl, leaving only a small seed of hope carefully protected behind walls of calm introversion. However, she has tried to open up more as she has aged and is often the first person to offer comfort or aid to a friend or flock mate who is hurting, either physically or emotionally. She does not consider herself suitable to lead but sees herself more as a support role, serving as the leader’s right-wing woman and offering counsel when needed. Though when push comes to shove, she will follow whoever is leading without question, unless he or she commands something that goes against her personal moral code. When in battle, however, her personality changes dramatically. She reverts to that cold, emotionless warrior façade that her drill instructors grilled into her as soon as she could walk, to fight through pain and to defeat her foes with ruthless abandon.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:06 pm

So I was thinking. Perhaps we should have the plot begin a week after escape from the School. That way they know each other. The story could be of their running, finding a home of their own, until some other conflict comes about. The most of the story could be like the books basic flow of plot. Always being sought out, and then they should perhaps seek vengeance on the School at one point. Perhaps the School has a higher mission as to take over an area, or influence the world somehow with their intelligence.

Who knows, but do you like this so far?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:43 pm

Sounds great! Once we get a few more people, I'll open up the actual IC topic.
To start off, like Eternity suggested, we'll have just escaped, and made our way as far off as possible. Possibly situated by a small town, where we can 'find' food.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by taehzile Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:58 pm

This is my character, Everman tell me if it's to short or you need anything else.. ^_^

Name: Shikka.
Wing-Colour: The main colour of her wings is a deep caramel, the underneath and tips are layered through with dark brown.

Power: She can harness the power of the sun to create fire, her ability is weakened when she is not in direct contact with the sun. If she holds out her palm to the sunlight she can create a living ball of fire which she can mold and do with what she wills. Both fire and energy from the sun she is able to control. Her ability is surprising considering how pale she is, her skin absorbs all the sunlight that touches it and stores it for her ability. The more sunlight she absorbs the more the copper colour in her hair is visable.

Height: About 5'7.
Weight: How the heck would she know?
Eye-Color: Vibrant green.
Hair-Color: A Reddish-Brown colour, like a warm brunette with streaks of copper.
Skin-Tone: Porcelain white

Personality: She tends to be negative but allways considers what will be the best course of action. Calculating but stong she is a wonderful tactitian. She is very overprotective of people she cares about. After the experiments preformed on her at The School she almost never trusts anyone. Letting her emotions get the better of her she is sometimes rash and makes too-quick desicions. She is considered to have a fiery temper.

Last edited by taehzile on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
taehzile
taehzile
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:33 pm

EDIT: Sheet is up!

Name: Nathaniel (Last name unknown)

Height: 6'

Weight: 145

Eye Color: Dark brown

Hair Color: Dark brown

Complexion: Extremely pale

Wing-color: Jet black, like a crow's wings, about a 14 foot wingspan

Picture: Maximum Ride. 4b679a1bb760f880b672c3bd111d5617

Power: Density manipulation, i.e. he can make his body more or less dense, up to and including adding density to his fists for power and losing density in his body for speed.

Bio: Nathaniel was born, bred, and raised inside a School, much like every other half bird kid in the world, and grew up in one of those oh-so-nice dog crates. The cramped space became his prison, and where he spent most of his day unless he was going through the batteries of tests and combat training the School scientists put him through. His yet undiscovered power began to manifest itself during one such combat test. Every punch he landed did far more damage than it ever should have, in one occasion making the head of the target dummy explode. He was quickly tranq darted and dragged off for more torturous tests, and his body grew even more dense, causing the metal operating bed to creak and groan. Then it fluctuated lighter and lighter until his skeletal system almost couldn't support his organs. He nearly died, and after a weak in a coma came to, back in his crate with the rest of the kids.

Personality: Faced with a near-paranoid feeling of never being safe due to his time in the School, Nathaniel is often the one who volunteers to take extra watches at the expense of sleep. His huge wingspan and density manipulation abilities make flying an ease for him, not having to flap at times when he catches a good updraft simply because he decreases his density and brings himself up high, just gliding along, as it were. He's always on edge, especially if caught off guard or touched unexpectedly, causing his jaw to clench and his hands to form fists at the sheer fear of being touched. The only time he's truly at ease is when the flock finds a well protected sanctuary for the night and he can feed them all. He sees himself as their protector, even over headstrong Justine, and will sacrifice anything to keep them safe.

Last edited by Elric Gharial on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Name: Reni Sparks
Wing-Colour: White
Bird DNA: Snowy Egret
Maximum Ride. Reni_s10
Power: Regeneration - Reni can heal herself and regenerate damage done to her body. As long as she is conscious, she can gradually heal almost any wound she sustains. However, if she loses too much blood, sustains too many injuries, suffocates, drowns or her heart is damaged, she cannot use these powers. If she faints or is rendered unconscious by any means, her powers will also stop working. Reni can also heal another living creature if she has physical contact with it. This power isn't well-developed and will often cause her to become exhausted, short of breath or faint.
Height: 5'1
Weight: 90 lbs
Eye-Color: Blue like water
Hair-Color: Blond with a gray-brown sheen
Skin-Tone: Sun-touched
Personality: Reni, despite her childhood at The School, is fairly optimistic considering her circumstances. While considered to be naive by many in The Flock, she tends to take charge of situations, even if they could be better handled by the older Avian-Humans. She doesn't always fully grasp the peril of situations and can be unnecessarily courageous and inquisitive.
Appearance:
Maximum Ride. Reni10

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:31 pm

We need some boy avians lol
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:44 pm

If EverMan allows it, I have an idea for a male avian to play in addition to Sonja. Of course, I don't want to exceed any boundaries or make the flock excessively big.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:59 pm

No, sounds fine. I already said more than one character was allowed.
Also, for conversations between flock members, maybe people could like, collaborate them over MSN or something? Just an idea, 'cause post by post conversations take a while.....
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:02 am

I'm gonna be a guy, but I want my power picked at random by the GM Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:20 am

Uhm, there's not really an GM.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:12 am

Dangit I wanted an element of randomness, you're not the GM?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:10 am

I'll think of something for you. . .

What about the abilities focusing on getting through and around places most cannot? This might include the ability to crawl on vertical surfaces, sneak extremely well, have an innate ability to steal, and so on and so forth.

Extreme Rogue abilities or something. Like the recon of the flock?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:46 am

Well, I guess I`d be the closest thing to a GM.
Hows about........
The ability to manipulate your density. So like, when you would go to punch someone, you could cause your hand to become super dense, making it a deadly weapon. Or, you could cause your whole body to become less dense, meaning you wouldn't cause floorboards to creak, and would be able to move much faster.
Just a suggestion.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:18 pm

I'll go with the density manipulation, character sheet coming up! The wall crawling was just kind of like... "Hello.. wings?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Edited the post that previously said "Reserved" to include my character sheet Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Awesome.
Ok, so, lets organize this thing.
We've decided, I think, that the beginning of this RP will take place a week after escaping the school. We don't really know much about each other, the school, or avian-humans, and some of us don't fully understand our powers.
This RP has no limit on language or content, but try to avoid anything TOO to sexual.
Don't be afraid to interact with other characters. No one is the GM, so anyone can take control of Erasers, scientists, ect. If you've decided to control a few Erasers for a fight, don't be afraid to launch some punches at other characters.
Any questions, don't be afraid to ask. We are still open to suggestions for the plot.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:47 pm

I don't know much about the series other than what places like Wikipedia have mentioned. So, I will leave the plot elements to you all.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Alright, cool.
I'ma start the actualy RP now! YAY!
I'll also post first, as long as everyones fine with that.
We'll start in the US, cause that's where the books are located.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by taehzile Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:37 pm

..This is the largest flock I've had in a MR rp.. o.o.. Wow.. Well it should be good, and I can make another character if you guys feel as though we need more male RPC's... Is up to you guys though..
taehzile
taehzile
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Oh side note: There's a new Maximum Ride book out ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:25 pm

I feel like we should have another male or two, to kind of even it out. AND also, question.

The oldest is the flock leader. So who's leading the flock, me or Elric?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:39 pm

The oldest doesn't HAVE to be the leader, and it really doesn't matter to me. If you're the only one who wants to be the leader, then go for it.
The newest Maximum ride is Fang, I do believe it's been out for a while.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:21 am

Both of our characters seem to be fit leaders Razz. Why not both of us? I know Nathaniel's a LITTLE too paranoid to do it by himself

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:39 am

Sure, that's fine with me.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:18 pm

I'll ahead and whip up that male character I was thinking of. I'm completely swamped with homework today, but I'll have the character up by today and will get a post up soon.

EDIT: Flock members, meet our next boy bird-kid!

Name: Jason Silverstein
Wings: Deep red with black highlights like a cardinal with a wingspan of about 16 feet

Maximum Ride. MudLake18982

Powers: Aside from the typical set of human-avian abilities (physical strength, enhanced vision, and honed fighting skills), Jason’s special powers involve the manipulation of sound. For instance, when he places his fingers in his mouth and whistles, the sound has destructive effects, such as shattering glass, rupturing eardrums, or destroying electric circuits. He can also amplify or deafen sounds within a short radius around him, but this ability is harder to control. Since sound depends so strongly on air as a medium of transport, he often fights in tandem with Sonja and her wind manipulation. In fact, when he first manifested his powers during training at the School, the scientists realized the potential of such a tag-team and so trained them as such.

Height: 6’2”
Weight and Build: Jason weighs 147 pounds and has a relatively muscular build compared to most bird kids, including broad shoulders to support his massive wingspan, a toned chest and torso, and powerful upper arms.
Eye Color: Dark blue
Hair Color: Dark blonde
Skin Color: Somewhat tanned

Personality: Jason is one of the more outgoing members of the flock, with a natural charisma that comes in handy when talking his way out of tight situations or obtaining information from people on the street. Despite the harsh treatment and rigorous training he endured at the School, he remained fairly resilient and, while he is still guarded and cautious like the rest of the flock, he is not quite as paranoid. Perhaps his upbeat personality is due to having had Sonja as a training companion for many years; the bond of friendship may have served as a protective factor that kept him from going insane. He tries to lift the flock’s spirits when they are sad or stressed, and he is fiercely protective of all its members.

Last edited by SilvanArrow on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:34 pm

I have one more friend wishing to join this RP. After she does, that will be 8 people, and that is definitely large enough. So, technically, this RP is now closed, just so you know.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next