FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shattered Memories - [OOC]

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shattered Memories - [OOC] Empty Shattered Memories - [OOC]

Post by Shekinah Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:01 am

Shattered Memories: A Ghost rp

We all come into this worlds as infants and grow into children with a natural sense of curiosity. As we explore our surroundings, we learn that some things are good and some things are not, that some things are to stay while others aren't that ever lasting. We learn to speak, to walk and to listen and all this time our curiosity grows or changes, but it never fades. And as we grow older, there are some of us who are given an oppertunity, discovered by that very curiosity of ours:

We can choose to gain special gifts, that can make our lifes easier but harder as well. What it does for us, depends on how we use it, but it comes at a price. Nothing is free in life and we will learn that at a very young age as we all choose a gift and each gift has its very own consequence, along with some shared ones.

These gifts are:

• Telekinesis - Consequence: Gradual loss of the sense touch. Spike played by Sheeple
  • Invisibility - Consequence: Gradual loss of the sense sight. Clayton Malloy played by Cypher
  • Telepathy - Consequence: Gradual loss of the sense hearing. Sanchez "Sani" Fumihiko played by Shekinah
  • Clairvoyance - Consequence: Gradual loss of the sense taste. RESERVED - Carnivale
  • Pyrokinesis - Consequence: Gradual loss of the sense smell. Suzanna Myskova played by KT_Tonguetied

And the shared concequences are:

• Loss of the memory that you ever gained these gifts and where/who/what you gained it from.
  • Everyone gains the knowledge of their date of death and how they will die.
  • You are able to see dead people.

Now, this rp will start quite a few years after we have gained our gifts. We are between our 20th and 40th year of living and the memory of how we gained our gifts, starts to come back, and as it does, we also start to receive these 'signs' that gradually tells us when we will die and how we will die. When the memory has returned completely, we also have the full knowledge about our dead and this will be 'carved' in our chests. Only the ones that have special gifts as well, are able to see it. This is how we will recognize each other. As for the ghosts: we've always been able to see them, from the moment we got our gifts, but since we were just little kids when we got the gifts and our memory of getting them was erased, we don't know any better than that this is just what and who we are. However, we were never able to interact with them, but they are able to interact with us, meaning that they can talk to us, hurt us, haunt us and whatever more comes to mind.

Of course, when we have regained our memories we want to get rid off these gifts, this horror, this curse and we will go back to the source where we once got the gifts: the house that was called haunted in our youth.

Some of us may have lived in another city, another state, another neighborhoud, but we will soon discover that every haunted house we all entered once when we were little, is connected to the main house in which we got our gifts.

Including me, there's room for 5 players since there are 5 gifts. In other words: 4 others can join, at a maximum.

Character sheet:

Name:
Appearance: (Written or picture or both, but no anime please!
Gift:
Personality:
Bio:

And last but certainly not least, the rules:

• In conflict, my word is final.
  • Now, I know my English isn't all that since it isn't my first language, but please keep your language nice and clean. In other words: I won't allow any msn like languages. Check your grammar and punctuation. You can screw up as much as I do :p;)
  • Respect your fellow players. This means NO MODDING!!!
  • If I feel I need to update/change/add the rules, then I am free to do so.
  • Post all your OOC related stuff here.
  • Enjoy yourselves!!!

Last edited by Shekinah on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:06 am; edited 9 times in total
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Shattered Memories - [OOC] Empty Re: Shattered Memories - [OOC]

Post by Sheeple Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:15 am

Can we use pre-existing characters and modify them for this RP?
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

http://vampirefreaks.com/xSHEEPLEx

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:18 am

Again? If it's the same you put up for So you like parties: you've got to adjust the age to between 20 and 40 years old and I won't allow a drawing as a picture used for appearance Smile

Other than that: sure.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 am

I have many characters I haven't posted on this site yet, so it won't be one that's been seen. I was just wondering in case I wanted to use Leviter.... but I decided not to.

And although I don't like using images that aren't one's own, I will conform to your requirements : )
Unless you accept art that isn't anime (because that's not the only thing I draw).
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:23 am

Alright, then use whatever character you wish to! I mean, I wouldn't know whether they're already existing or just created anyway Wink

As for the picture: it's a requirement, because people hardly ever look like what one draws, unless, of course, one draws so realistic that you can't see any difference. It would be something different if I were to create fantasy rp's Wink But this rp involves people that could be real, so that's why Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 am

Alrighty, that's fair enough : )
Then I'll just stick to a written description.
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 am

If you want me to reserve you a certain gift, just say so Smile Otherwise: I look forward to your sheet!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 am

Yes I posted in the Interest Thread - I would like to reserve telekinesis if that's okay
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 am

Oh sorry, didn't see that one. I'll reserve it for you now Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Name: Spike

Sex: Male

Appearance:
Spike has a lanky, almost too thin of a figure with a height of over six feet. He dyes his bangs a honey colour that brings out his golden eyes, but the rest of his hair, which is on the longer side, is naturally platinum blonde. With a large, genuine grin and a boyish face, Spike presents an open and outgoing figure.

Gift: Telekinesis

Personality:
Cheerful, loving, and loyal are just three broad adjectives that like to cling around Spike. He also has a consistent, up beat temperament, but like everyone else there are times that he gets flustered and upset. Spike is that guy that everyone knows; he never had a shortage of friends and continues to make more. If someone were to ask him why he cares so much about so many people, he would respond by saying "because everyone is worth it."

Bio:
Spike was adopted into an average family when he was an infant, and he loved his family. When he was in elementary school he used to walk down abandoned train tracks that were in the middle of a wooded area. He went farther and farther every time he went, and one day he came upon an old house that hadn't been lived in for what seemed like many years. He explored it only once, feeling like he shouldn't be there. he would walk to the house a lot after that, but he never went back in.

After taking a year off from school after graduating high school to work and save up for college and help support his adoptive family, he got a good scholarship that payed for quite a bit of his tuition. Currently Spike is in college as a fashion design major.

Spike has always had telekinesis as far as he can remember, but he's starting to recover strange memories with his dream that point him towards the haunted house from his childhood.
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:52 pm

Accepted!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Yay! : D
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:46 pm

I may not be able to finish the entire bio straight away, so just reserve Invisibility for me, please.

Name: Clayton Malloy
Sex: Male
Appearance: Clayton stands at an unassuming 5'8" and weighs around 120 lbs. He has straight blonde hair that is combed over to one side and gelled down to keep it out of his eyes. Speaking of eyes, they are small and blue, and dart about in an almost hawklike manner. He has skin that is a healthy shade of pale (as in, not like he's never been exposed to sun - just that he isn't in it much).

He dresses in a brown tweed suit, black waistcoat, white dress shirt, black tie and red Converse sneakers.

Gift: Invisibility

Personality: Clayton is urbane and businesslike when he has to be. He's calm, cool and in control of the situation no matter what happens. Or so he thinks, at least. In reality, he comes off as pompous, a bit callous and insecure. He can be a control freak, a narcissist, a cynic and a pessimist when bad comes to worse, and he doesn't like physical combat (because he's horrible at it).

Bio: Clayton was born in a poor family living in a rural town that was quite close to a massive forest. His father was an accomplished huntsman and his mother was a butcher, and hunting season kept them well enough - but when it was off season, they really didn't. Clayton was ridiculed in school for being a poor kid, and didn't really like putting up with it, so he spent more time in the forest exploring than he did in the school learning.

One day he stumbled upon an old house in the woods. He looked inside and poked about for a while. The musty and foreboding sense hanging around the house didn't keep him there for long, and he didn't stay for much time. However, days later, he found himself drawn there again. He would spend the next few years making a little refuge for himself in that house, which he eventually succeeded in doing. He kicked his feet up and rested there for a long time before eventually he went off to do something with his life.

Eventually, sometime after his final visit to the house, he discovered he could become invisible. At this point he decided to skip over all of his other career choices and - literally - woke up one morning and said "I'm gonna become a thief". Needless to say, with his invisibility the newly-christened thief became really rich really fast, and now lives a life of luxury.

However, with the theft came disconcerting dreams and memories that send arrows back towards that strange old house...

Last edited by Cypher on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:37 am

It's reserved for you Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:48 am

Name: Sanchez "Sani" Fumihiko
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Gift: Telepathy
Personality: A fun girl who knows when to be serious and who has, despite her heritage, worked hard to get where she is right now. Sanchez is very intelligent and has a great imagination, which causes her to daydream at times. A girl with ambitions and determination, and also very stubborn. She's loyal to those she loves, but doesn't really care about those she doesn't know. She also has a sense of pride, which causes her not always to ask for help even though she knows she needs it sometimes.
Bio: Sani's been born and raised into a very wealthy family that has lived across the whole world, but is originally from Japan. She left her family when she decided to go study and lives on her own since the age of 20, though she keeps in touch with her family on a regular basis. Sanchez is studying criminology and is currently doing a master in forensic criminology. Though she can't remember the day she got her gift, nor how she got it, she does remember the first time she was able to use it: when she was only 7 years old and was able to read her mother's thoughts. It was how she discovered her mother was seriously ill and she died not soon after Sanchez found out about her fate. She was left with her father, her two brothers and the nanny.

Only about two weeks ago she started to regain memories that at first seemed to her as if they were not her memories at all. She's retracing the steps of her child self by searching through pictures and old diaries and stuff. Since then, she's also slowly, gradually losing her hearing sense, though she's not really affected by that at this point.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:32 pm

The IC is up!

Cypher, please be reminded of the fact that you still need to finish your char. You can't post in the IC until you've done so and I accepted the char Smile

To IC
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:45 pm

ALRIGHT, FINISHED.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Awesome bio dude Very Happy Accepted!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Sorry, I've been gone awhile, but I'm back in action.

So is there only one haunted house, and everyone's been to it? Or are they all seperate?
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:07 am

As said in my first post here:

There are seperated haunted houses that are all connected to one place where we've all been Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Okay.... I'm still a bit confused....

When you say "connected", do you mean that when the person goes into their haunted house, they are transported somewhere?
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Yeah, it's like the house they enter is or becomes some sort of a labyrinth in which they get lost and eventually they all end up in the same main house, where they all gained their gifts.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Ohhh okay. That makes so much more sense now. Thanks!
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:21 pm

Np!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Shattered Memories - [OOC] Empty Hopefully I'm doing this right....

Post by KT_Tonguetied Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Name: Zuzanna Myskova
Sex: Female
Appearance: Zuzanna stands at 5'6". Her looks are modest, or as her mother would call "plainly pretty".
Gift: Pyrokinesis
Personality: Suzanna is what some would call an "old soul". When she hit puberty she began mentally aging rapidly, coming quickly to terms with adulthood until she was much more mature than the other girls in her grade. She's not really interested in the same things as everyone else, instead secluding herself in nature to practice her "gift"
Bio: Suzanna, or Susie as she prefers, was born in Prague, but moved across the ocean when she was 9. Her accent is almost undetectable now, but she is fluent in her native language because her parents are more comfortable speaking it at home. Oddly, Suzanna does not remember much of her family's journey from Prague to where they live now; all she knows is that they got to their new home and she was...different. She felt cold, the fire in the hearth roared to life. She knocked over a candle onto a cloth, but it didn't catch. A spider drops from the ceiling onto her bed and vanishes in a spark and puff of smoke. Just little things that wouldn't really bother anyone, really, but for Susie it was different, because with these odd occurrences, there were also people no one else could see following her, little mist-boys pinching her in class, fog-girls calling her names as she walked down the corridors. She learned to live with these apparitions as best she could, and grew up into a fine young woman.

Susie graduated high school with honors, but only went to college for a year before her family's money ran out. She hadn't known that her father had a gambling problem until then, and he killed himself three months later. Recovering from the tragedy and trying to get her college money back, she works as a waitress in a small cafe by day and studies art at night. However lately, she's been having odd dreams, from when she was small, of a night her family had spent between countries, and she had stumbled upon an old house. It's all the remembers of the dream, but it haunts her constantly, until she finally started drawing that house again and again. Her mother has expressed her worry, but Susie never listens. It's her obsession to find that house hundred of miles away.

Last edited by KT_Tonguetied on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added pictures)
KT_Tonguetied
KT_Tonguetied
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Accepted, thanks for joining!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:59 am

Also, please notice this:

The consequence that causes your loss of one of the senses, is only starting after the moment you start to regain your memories. Up until that point, you're perfectly able to hear, taste, smell, touch or see. After that, the gradual loss starts.

As for the other - shared - consequences: they have occurred ever since you gained your gift. In other words: you were able to see dead people and your own date and way of death ever since you got your gift.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Carnivale Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:52 pm

Hmm i'd be interested in playing clairvoyance.

Carnivale
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:06 am

Alright, that's cool, I'll reserve it for you Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Cypher and Sheeple: when are you going to post in the IC?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next