FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dragon's Bane [Interest Check]

3 posters

Go down

A Dragon's Bane [Interest Check] Empty A Dragon's Bane [Interest Check]

Post by Falciferum Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:53 pm

I've had an idea floating around in my head for a while about a classical fantasy RP involving a band of adventurers battling against Dragons. The sotry could go in a huge number of different ways and I would like for the RPers to flesh it out themselves more than anything so I haven't made any storyline. I have, however, done some research for photos and information on numerous different medieval myths and have a good idea for the premise of the world.

Brandan is the fantasy world that our story is set in. The technology of the day is medieval, swords, shields, spears, bows and arrows and much more. There is magic as well but this is an art known only by sages who have spent all their lives learning the arts. Certain talented individuals have learned small amounts of weak magic and can use it in accordance with weaponry.

The world is laid out into four basic weather/vegetation patterns. I'm not talented with art in anyway however so I can't draw it out. Basically one region has tall mountains and fridges temperatures, another is a desolate wasteland in which few things find habitable, The third is an area where massive jungles and rain forests take up most of the land and the last is filled with lakes both large and small and is the region most inhabited by people. There are smaller places in between all of these where the climates and landscape are completely different but those will be described in more detail as we come to them or if someone were to make a map of the world. This is just one of the continents of the world but it is the only one we will be on. Islands also line the coasts of the North America-sized continent and have just as diverse landscapes as the continent itself.

Your character would be a skilled warrior hired by a king or mercenary group to fight dragons or other mythical beasts. This is not the only option, you could be a bard or a thief, possibly an apprentice of one of the warriors who gets caught up in the epic adventure. There is also the possibility of being a trained mage who escapes his/her place of confinement in search of a free life. Any other ideas are also welcome, these are only a few.

If I get a few people who are interested I'll start work on an OOC with much more detail about everything I've talked about here and more. Feel free to ask any questions, I know I haven't described anything in too much detail, and I'll be glad to explain anything in-depth.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

A Dragon's Bane [Interest Check] Empty Re: A Dragon's Bane [Interest Check]

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:53 pm

You can count me in. I think I would like to take on the role of a magic-user on the run.

Back to top Go down

Post by Falciferum Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Ah, sounds terrific. I'll do my best to explain the magic user's place in the world and what being on the run would entail, though the latter should be obvious.

Magic is the study of runes and the application on them in a speedy fashion. One studies their whole life to be able to use spells (runes) to their fullest potential. Most of these people are called "sages" and used by one empire to do anything a normal human cannot. They have power over the elements for the most part, though they can also use telekinesis and hear people's thoughts. There are many different forms of magic and I will let you decide on what powers you aquatint with your character but know that even after a life time, sages are still incapable of using all runes effectively and can only use a few within the blink of an eye.

But if they have to draw runes how can they perform magic in the blink of an eye? You might ask. Well it's quite simple really. After practicing a rune for years and years, memorizing it completely and using it hundreds and hundreds of times the rune "imprints" itself on the user. It doesn't leave any mark on the sage physically but it does leave a mark mentally. Runes that have been imprinted on a user will never leave their mind and their rune does not need to be drawn. However, there is only so much space for imprinting on one's mind. Think of it like tattooing, once something is tattooed on it won't come off and it takes up space on the body. This space cannot be used again by another tattoo or it will obscure the image. Once all of the space on the body is taken up by tattoos it will be unable to handle any more, the same is true for the human brain. The more complicated the rune the more space it will take up, like a larger tattoo. It is still possible to perform any spell after having your brain fully imprinted you need only to draw the rune.

Being on the run is simple. You escape your life as a sage and become a fugitive, hunted forever by your empire. You can escape in any way you see fit and whenever you see fit in the RP. When it begins you could already have fled and currently be on the run or you can escape during the story, possibly running into one of the other RPers on your way out.

That's it for the explanation of mages in the RP I hope you got all the info you needed out of it. If you have any questions ask away.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Falciferum Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:00 pm

I put up the OOC here so if you would like you can read through the info and post up a character.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:07 pm

I'll stick to my guns here and go highwayman, if you'll have me.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Falciferum Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Yes, of course, Cypher. Just go to the OOC and read through the information and create a character, then send it to me in a PM. I will look it over and have you post it up in the OOC and when we get a few more people I will create an IC.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:40 pm

My character concept has been sent!

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaku Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:17 pm

This sounds interesting. And as of lately I've been revamping my warrior type character whom I've had since my first days of RolePlaying. So, if you'll have me, my warrior would be happy to lend an ax to the cause.
RedBaku
RedBaku
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Falciferum Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Okay sounds good to me. Send me a PM with the character sheet like I've told everyone else and then you can post it in the OOC.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down