FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Post, The First Step

+4
Kathryn Lacey
Bird of Hermes
Kalon Ordona II
Sheeple
8 posters

Go down

The First Post, The First Step Empty The First Post, The First Step

Post by Sheeple Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Good day to all on FOG, I hope everyone's having a pleasent (insert time of day here). Coincidentally, I had found this forum a few days ago when trying to find a certain jrock artist that was mentioned in one of my beloved childhood comics. Browsing this site, I decided it might ask too much effort from me if I were to join, as I am an extremely busy person at the moment, and barely has enough time for friends in real life. So I exited out, not thinking about coming back. But I was wrong. A day or two passed, and I found myself back at the doorstep of the FOG forum, registering an account, and even posting my first post.

So that's my story, and I'm hoping to commence role playing as soon as possible. Bare with me, as I am terrible at navigating anything, from knowing my rights and lefts to videogames, even with the guidebooks. I may have many questions and confusions at first, but I'll figure everything out eventually.

So here's my first question: do we need to create character references/profiles before engaging in a roleplay? If so, where should they be posted?
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

http://vampirefreaks.com/xSHEEPLEx

Back to top Go down

The First Post, The First Step Empty Re: The First Post, The First Step

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Why of course we'll bear with you! cheers

It depends on the role-play, whether you need a character profile before playing. For most of the RP's on here, though, yes, you will probably need to complete a character profile. Very Happy They are usually posted either in the role-play itself, or more commonly in its corresponding Out of Character (OOC) thread. The OOC threads are in their own subforum within either Advanced or Casual role-playing. Smile

Welcome to the FOG, Sheeple! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Greetings, Sheeple! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in there.

The First Post, The First Step 13fe758e06

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

Take a moment to browse our fourms and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Welcome to FoG, Sheeple.

It's good to see another new face here. I'm glad you eventually decided to join FoG.

Another thing that you may do is to keep a list of of your characters in the Archives. It gives you a place where you may access all of your characters in one thread. It's quite nice.

I hope you enjoy your stay, and anyone from staff to regular members will be more than happy to help you with your questions and confusions.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Thanks for the help, everyone.

I have already gone through and read the FAQ and "about" thread, and rules. They are, of course, some of the most important threads.
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Oh yay! Another person my age! Hug

Welcome to FoG, Sheeple! It's so wonderful to have another new member and I'm glad that you came crawling back to us! They all seem to...

I see everyone else has already answered your questions, so there's not much left for me to do but wish you the best of luck finding your way around! I really do hope you enjoy your stay with us and of course, if you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask. Kalon is the only one that bites. Aww

Oh and by the way... is there any specific meaning behind your username? It's awfully cute so I was wondering whether you plucked it out of thin air or whether it did indeed have some sort of significance.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:44 pm

Welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:32 am

There actually is meaning behind my username, ImmortalSin, and it's not quite as cute as it seems (hee hee hee). "Sheeple" is a mix of "sheep" and "people", and the word implies that a group of people merely act like sheep, conforming to eachother for acceptance in the flock and not really living. Yet most of these "sheeple" find great pride in being unique, even when they clearly are not. A bit of illusory superiority, I guess.

Thank you for the welcome, Arabesque.
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:42 am

Well, I've already greeted you in the chat room, but it wasn't appropriately formal, so...

The First Post, The First Step WelcomeToFOG

Good to have you here, Sheeple.

Seems everyone has more or less taken care of my job and left me few things to say or ask, so I guess there's not much else for me to do here.

If you do have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me or any of the other moderators. You can also pop into the chat room if it's something important, since I'm usually there when I'm on the computer at all.

Good luck finding a roleplay that suits your interests! It shouldn't be hard with all the talent around here, and you can always create your own if you can't find what you're looking for.

See you around. Aww
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:00 am

That explanation makes a lot of sense! I've heard that term used before but it didn't click when I read your username unfortunately.

It's still cute, but I also like the meaning behind it. I encounter a hell of a lot of sheeple around here. It seems to be a growing trend. Sweat Drop
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:09 am

Welcome to FoG, Sheeple! I hope you find this place to your liking, you'll get used to navigating around easily enough and we are always willing to answer any questions you may have.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:14 am

Welcome to FoG! As you can see everyone around here is nice and helpful. I am sure it wont take to long to get settled in and find yourself a RP. Well, I hope to see you around.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks again, everyone. It has been a wonderful experience so far. : )

Immortal: yes, I agree... there does seem to be many more sheeple around. My question is, who's the sheepherd?
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down