FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: OOC

+11
Buzzwulf
Blackrock
Gabe
Hello Danger
Sighlent
Guilty Carrion
Dax
Loki
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Bird of Hermes
15 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Emoria: OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: Emoria: OOC

Post by Gabe Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:27 am

Silvone Elestahr wrote:Just a note on my weird writing styles...
Some of the dialogue in my newest post is in bold, and some is not. I bold dialogue that has been written by other players in previous posts, mostly for my own reference but also so everyone else knows it is not my own. It just makes it more clear, in my opinion. I don't ask that anyone follows this procedure...I just personally like it. I wanted to mention it so no one gets confused by my seeming randomness Smile
I do the same thing most of the time, except I italicize other player's speech. I may start doing what you do for two reasons though. The first being for the sake of consistency, and the second being that I generally italicize non-spoken words like thoughts, and it could get confusing during a complex conversation where my character might withhold his words while still thinking about saying them.

All of that said, I am hung on replying to the current situation. I know what I would say if it were me in that council room, but my character's words may be a bit different.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 am

I think that's probably the best way to post, honestly. I remember posting on boards that didn't have clearly defined BBcode, and I always thought that bold was really the best tool that I had for interactions with others (besides PMs, but ghetto boards don't really have those either). I've always though bold for others, italics for self, but that's me. I've also seen people use different colors for their speech, but I'm of the school of thought that says when too many people start talking, it begins to just look like a kaleidoscope.

Anyway, I'm pretty much ready to post whenever, I just need to copy and paste. I'm waiting until everyone has done whatever they want to before really starting in on the conflict, because I'd rather not leave people behind before we really get the ball started rolling. Admittedly, the actual council is probably not going to start until everyone shows up, but this seems too dramatic a moment to post and leave others out of.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:00 am

Some of the dialogue in my newest post is in bold, and some is not. I bold dialogue that has been written by other players in previous posts, mostly for my own reference but also so everyone else knows it is not my own. It just makes it more clear, in my opinion. I don't ask that anyone follows this procedure...I just personally like it. I wanted to mention it so no one gets confused by my seeming randomness

I do something like that too. Albeit a bit differently. I place dialogue in bold, direct thoughts in italics (which includes others' words) and everything else in plain text.

It's something I always do. Another forum I am on used to do it that way.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:41 pm

I would appreciate it if people posted their initial responses soon, my next post will likely make a response purely to Buzzwulfs having entered impossible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Well Buzzwulf, you have me hanging off a cliff with anticipation to your post. Very Happy

Just to get this clear, there are going to be two emissaries from the Mountains of Night? Or will one be hidden or something or...?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Oh, this one isn't from the mountains, well he is but he isn't.

The Sythen were created by morgarath and serve him but not openly and no one knows they serve him

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:51 pm

I'm seem to be the "official" emissary, as far as I'm able to tell. Oh, and something else it seems Raptorman hasn't really made clear: Morgarath is keeping a very low profile. As far as the world is concerned, he died centuries ago, probably in one of the wars against the Mountains of Night. In other words, in the eyes of the world, the Mountains of night is pretty much comprised of fractured city-states and walls that are as much designed to keep horrible creatures in as they are to keep outsiders out. At least, that's what I've gleaned from my conversations with Raptorman and what he's written so far. He's quite welcome to correct me if I'm wrong. That's why an official delegate from the mountains of the night isn't technically very official : there's no governing entity amongst the cities. Or at least, not as far as anyone who doesn't live there knows.

And I'm gonna put you in your place, you arrogant priest. Twisted Evil
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm glad I've been given the go-ahead to have Saila get things under control because I expected that she would have to be the one to do that anyway since she's the representative of it and the city/state it encompasses.

As far as the 'weird' text, I've seen it before, and I used to use it it, too. However, I realized that my writing suffered when I copy/pasted things others had said. It's much more challenging to have a character respond and have the writing indicate to what the character is responding. I won't be doing that. I see nothing wrong with having to reread posts. It keeps the memory of what's done fresh. ^^_^^

Anyway, I'm working on a post. It took me a while to get caught up with everything, and it'll take me a while to get a post that responds to everything, but I'm going to do it. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Alright, sounds good Kathryn.

As for Buzz.... BRING IT! Pirate Gun

lol

But as far as the world and Morg relations go, since I was the one who pretty much wrote it, it is just Vatienne who was blinded by their own arrogance and cupidity who thought that Morgarath was dead.

As far as the other nations go, Morgarath is still alive and always has been. They had tried to warn Vatienne... but frankly were just too cool for that.... *cough*

So yah. Smile
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 pm

I was thinking most don't think he is really there anymore, I mean they still know he exists but after 2000 years he is a bit more of a myth than a factual figure to most common people and many nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:15 pm

That makes sense, especially after the so-called 'victory' of the Third Illurian War.

Alright, thats all good and well then.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:I'm glad I've been given the go-ahead to have Saila get things under control because I expected that she would have to be the one to do that anyway since she's the representative of it and the city/state it encompasses.

Can you not fully start the meeting, I want to post Asmodeaus arriving after saila responds to saint's arrival.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:32 pm

Why don't you just go ahead an post Asmodeaus' arrival? There's no reason why it has to wait for Saila's reaction anyway because it's not like I'm not going to give a reaction to everything just because you post something, too.

Besides, you're the one who's trying to rush everyone's posts so you can post when really, all you have to do is make your own post. There's no reason that I can see why simple reactions make the difference in what you will post. There's enough going on already to which one can respond.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:05 pm

I don't want anyone to feel rushed either, but people do need to be decently timely with posts.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:13 pm

I've been contacted, so I'm just gonna go ahead and pop up the next section. Let's hear it for long-windedness!

Well, I guess he IS an ambassador.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:32 pm

I wasn't here for a while, so it's not like I've just been not replying for the hell of it. I have a lot to which to respond. If people desperately want to post, I don't see why they have to wait for me. It just seems silly. I'm going to have her react to everything anyway. It'll just give me more to write, and I don't mind.

Besides, I'm not starting anything. Ryona and Silvone are the GM's here. We also have at least three others who need to make their first posts. I've already posted once already, so I think I've been doing all right.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:12 am

Shocked

Shocked

Shocked

Shocked

*gets to work*
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:18 pm

I will post yet again just to close this chapter of hostility... for now...

Very Happy
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Silvone, how do you pronounce 'Dasciis'? Dass-KEEZ? Dass-KEE-iss? Daz-KEE-us? Da-SHEEZ? Da-SHEE-iss?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Actually I thought, since the c was following an s, it was more pronounced Da-CEASE.

Then again, I am no reliability. But I would tend to stick to that.

The thing is, even if I learn how to pronounce a name correctly after having it said it wrong many times before, I always end up saying the old version. I dont know if you might be like this, but I am just saying that I am already screwed for everyones names.
lol!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:46 pm

Oh. My name is Venteux pronounced VEN-too. Like it is French.

In case anyone was wondering.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Yes, I happily realized it was french, and now I am just glad that I wasnt mistaken!

The only thing is that the pronounciation you wrote is the kind with a heavy english accent. So, if anyone was interested, the way us french-canadians say it is like so:
V-
AHN- say the N very softly, almost silent but still there and elongate the AH noise as if you were going to make an E noise,
Teh-
Euh-

Well i just re-read what I just wrote and its complicated and long for about the same thing as Bird of Hermes said it, because no matter how I write it down, it is hard to explain how to pronounce something in a different lanuage without saying it.

All in all, just follow what Bird of Hermes said unless you like long dribble and work for the same thing. Nod
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:05 pm

Dask-iss

'Dask' sounds like 'task'

'iss' as in 'hiss'
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:12 pm

The only thing is that the pronounciation you wrote is the kind with a heavy english accent. So, if anyone was interested, the way us french-canadians say it is like so:
V-
AHN- say the N very softly, almost silent but still there and elongate the AH noise as if you were going to make an E noise,
Teh-
Euh-

I understand it... I think. Thank you.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Oh right, I was also wondering how to pronounce 'Obscuracce.' The way it goes in my head is "ob-skyur-AK-kay," kinda.

I'd also thought that Venteux was Ven-TOO, as opposed to VEN-too.

....I guess now I have to know EVERYONE'S, now that we're on this subject.

First off, my characters, Chälan and Tatyana, are pronounced
KHAH-lahn Irr-DAHN-ay (the two R's in Irrdánë are trilled, and the "kh" sound is very soft, closer to an H, which is why I use CH instead of KH)
Taht-YAHN-ah

And here's how I automatically pronounced everyone else, in order corresponding to the Character Sheet list.

Venteux: Ven-TOO
Perun: PAIR-un
Fionu Arqueno: Fee-OH-noo Arr-KEH-no
Lairelossë: Lye-reh-LOSS-say
Jean Poitiers: Zhon Poy-TYERR
Nilus of Izic: NYE-luss uv EYE-zick (he had a pronunciation guide in his profile)
Gregor Legato: GREG-or Leh-GOT-toe
Lafiyah Cavalcanté: Lah-FEE-yah Kah-vahl-KAHN-tay
Sailahína Carnil: Say-la-HEE-na Car-NILL
Ja'Dhannar: Jah-dthahn-NAHR
Siade Ayurent: See-AID (or See-AH-day) AYE-yoo-rent
Morgarath: MORE-guh-rath
Corbina Obscuracce: Kor-BEE-nuh Ob-skyoo-ROCK-kay
Zahiik Tusohe: Zah-HEEK Too-SO-hee
Aeren Sretin: AY-ren SREE-tuhn
Dasciis Arkandis: Dass-KEESS Arr-KANN-diss

Edit:
Aha, so it's DASK-iss. Got it. Very Happy

Edit Edit:
So should I say "VON-teoouh" or "Vouhln-TEOO"
"Want to" or "One, two" Laughing

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:28 pm

I pronounced the names all like you did!

.... except for the french ones, but I cant blame you at all.

Jean Poitiers: J-ah-hn P-Wah-Tee-YEY

The R is not pronounced.

Its a very old name that can be traced to french royalty of the Capetien line, and my name just so happens to be a variant of that name.
I guess people liked to play with their names once they moved away from France and into New-France...

and look at me saying all of this as if you all cared! Excuse it!Laughing

Last edited by Dax on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:30 pm

I like the pronunciation guide. It helps. Thanks.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:32 pm

ZHON Pwah-tee-YAY or ZHON Pwah-TYAY?

Bon swarr, mon amiss?
Seafood plate?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:35 pm

The closest you can get to the real pronounciation is ZHON Pwah-TYAY, so well go with that one.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Very close, I imagined it Ob-skew-ROCK-ay but perhaps with skyoo you meant skew?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next