FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's time...

+4
The Melancholy Spirit
MoiraofWords
Kathryn Lacey
Lacey
8 posters

Go down

It's time... Empty It's time...

Post by Lacey Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:05 pm

To begin my excruciatingly unplanned introduction!

Greeting my fellow writers! Tonight seemed like the perfect night to pursue writing of an extraordinary caliber! From what I've been told, this is the place where I will find role player's who are interested in putting in a bit of effort into their work, rather then allowing me the pleasure of reading their two sentence post about how their character moved three steps! I'm hoping you all will prove to me that this site far exceeds my expectations! (I'm betting that you do.)

I am a fan of the more modern plot line, though I have been known to enjoy the medieval era a bit as well. I hope to begin working on a variety of characters, though I find myself excelling at the meeker, more shy characters. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm unable of playing the role of a bad ass heroine, I simply prefer the cute, shy type.

When it comes to my genre's I enjoy science-fiction, romance, and action. Currently my mind has been stuck on the idea of super hero's, so maybe, just maybe, you'll find me diving into a role play of that sort some time soon.

That's all I can think of for my little introduction, so buh-bye!

Last edited by Lacey on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Lacey
Lacey
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

It's time... Empty Re: It's time...

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:31 pm

Wow! That was strange... I looked at your name, then I looked at your avatar, and I just had to have a double-take. My middle name is Lacey, and I have light blond hair and glasses ((all of which - excepting the glasses - you can likely see just by viewing my set-up)).

You must come from Gaia? That hat in your avatar is something I've seen there in the past.

Anyway! Welcome to FoG.

I hope that we do not disappoint you. We have writing requirements that keep most people from writing worthless posts in which nothing is really done or said.

With the majority of people ((in general, not necessarily here)) taking preferences with the strong, confident sorts, I'm sure your shy, cute characters will be welcome. I, myself, excel with the confident heroines ((or badass anti-heroines)). Of course, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a less confident sort eventually. I just haven't gotten around to doing that... >.>;;

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:38 pm

Indeed I do come from Gaia! The picture is some avatar art that I personally drew. I figured it would be a good first avatar, who knew I would meet the person who looks just like it!

Thank you for the welcome, I'm sure the caliber of writing on here will never cease to amaze me! I'm looking forward to joining my first role play soon, hopefully I'll get the chance to experiment with different types of characters!

Hehe, we'll see!

Last edited by Lacey on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lacey
Lacey
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:46 pm

That avatar is a good conversational starter. For instance, even if you hadn't met someone who resembled it, there are others from Gaia who would have known the avatar originates from there, so yeah... ^^_^^

I think you meant "cease" instead of "seize," but that could just be a brain blip. In the past, written a completely wrong word because my fingers often move more quickly than my brain when I'm typing. hahah

I hope that FoG does allow you to explore different personality types. I'm sort of waiting to see if there will be a role play here that will inspire me to make my first male character to play. I've always been too intimidated to play a character of the opposite sex. I'm afraid I'll play him too much like a woman. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:57 pm

Ah, thank you for pointing that out to me, spelling error fixed! It's not so much that my fingers move faster than my brain, but that my mind focuses on one word for so long, I forget how to spell the one I need.

I've taken on the role of a few male characters before, and although I personally feel like they were up to par with the way a true man would have acted, I prefer the girlies, possibly because I am one...

Either way, I'm sure I'll get many opportunities to write for both genders and hopefully multiple types of characters!

Ohh, I'm excited!
Lacey
Lacey
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:00 am

Kathryn, with your grammar tendencies, I'm surprised you missed heroin as opposed to heroine. One's a drug, the other is a human. But I must commend Lacey, it's hard to play a bad ass drug ^^.

It's all about experimentation. I've played male as well as female characters. Variety is the spice of life, and I do strive to use it as much as I can. It's boring (for me) to just play one character type. If you don't try more, you won't know what you are quite excellent at. Although I don't think I'll be playing a stoic male character for quite some time now. That was quite a stagnant choice.

Nevertheless, enough about that. Lacey, how long was/is your sojourn in the word of Gaia?
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:13 am

Suddenly my terrible spelling has embarrassed me...

Well, I'm currently still active in the world of Gaia, have been since 2006. I'll go ahead and assume you, too, are familiar with the wonderful world of Gaia. Am I correct?

As far as characters go, I've tried my hands at many a kind, I simply prefer the meeker type. Granted, its been a while since I truly dove into a more assertive role. Perhaps that will just have to be my next project, jumping into an unfamiliar role!
Lacey
Lacey
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:49 am

Heh, my current ‘main’ character in a story I’m working on elsewhere (with two friends) is female. Personally, I actually enjoy writing characters of the opposite sex. I find it to be more of a challenge than writing just males all the time… though around here I will most likely be seen with male characters more oft than not.

Curious, what is this Gaia? I’ve heard about it a lot, but have no idea what it is… (Note that I do know what Gaia was in myth, just not this online reference. Laughing)

Hmm… science-fiction, romance, action… that is awesome. I’ve had ideas for just such a type of story in my head a lot lately, not sure if I’ll get them pieced together enough to put something together. Plus I’m not that great at leading a role-play and prefer, if I start one, to have partners or a slightly-open thing where everyone pitches in. Seldom does that ever occur though.

All in all, welcome. Smile
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:29 am

Gaia is like an online hangout place. It's got everything: forums, games, art, customizable avatars... even a full-fledged, browser-based MMORPG! ^^

I'm from Gaia, too, as most know, and I recognized Lacey was from Gaia as well instantly, because of the hat. xD

Also:
Kathryn wrote:Wow! That was strange... I looked at your name, then I looked at your avatar, and I just had to have a double-take. My middle name is Lacey, and I have light blond hair and glasses ((all of which - excepting the glasses)) you can likely see just by viewing my set-up.
I experienced this as well. xD Coupled with the title "It's time...." It got me wondering whether Kathryn was trying to start all over again or something. Laughing

Welcome to the FOG, Lacey!! I just know we're all going to love having you around! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 am

Lacey wrote:Suddenly my terrible spelling has embarrassed me...

Don't feel too bad about it, Kathryn gets everybody with that high caliber grammar-rifle she keeps on hand at all times. I have been hit at least a half dozen times since I've joined up. It may sting the pride a bit, but the wounds heal quickly.

Anyways, welcome to FoG. Out of all the forums I’ve been to, this place has easily come out on top as far as quality RPs are concerned. I hope you enjoy your stay and we hope to see you often.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:57 am

Moira, I'm surprised I missed that mistake, too. My excuse is that I had several tabs open in FireFox, and it involved a lot of reading and thinking, so I wasn't devoting one hundred percent of my attention to this thread. ^^_^^;;

Lacey ((so weird calling someone else that)), don't be ashamed. I'm like... FoG's resident grammar nazi, and every now and again someone catches mistakes of mine. I have dial-up, so others are more likely to catch one of my mistakes than I am to catch it first and correct it. Like... that horrible parenthesis mistake I made in my first post in this thread to you... :: shudders :: I didn't catch it until I read Kalon's quoting of what was said, but I have fixed it. ^^_^^

Anyway, yeah. Don't be ashamed. Just think of it as a learning experience. =3

Melancholy, this is Gaia, and this is my account. ^^_^^

I really only keep Gaia for sentimental reasons. I met my current lover ((his user name for FoG is Misery)) there when I was searching for someone with whom to role play. He was like a diamond in the rough, and yeah... I feel like it would be a very bad idea to discontinue with Gaia because it would be like cutting myself from the thing that led me to my longest and first successful relationship.

I'm kind of irritated with Gaia these days, though. It's filled with spammers and generally worthless people ((with only a handful of decent ones)), and they've become money grubbers. You really can't get anything good for your avatar any more unless you're willing to waste real money on that site. =

I think because I really don't do anything on there other than clicking daily chance carts, feeding my fish ((which I get from the daily chance carts)), and selling crap that I get from the daily chance carts on the marketplace, I'm able to save a lot of Gaia Gold, so every now and then I'm able to get like... one neat item from the marketplace though it's rare...

Kalon, hahah Nope. I'm not trying to start over. Do you realize how long it has taken me to get this many posts without being a spammer? There's no way I'm purposely going to start again. XD

Loki
, you know... it's really hard to be a stealthy sniper ((of grammar)) when you go around telling everyone I'm armed! They'll just be expecting it, and the surprise is ruined. hahahah

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:14 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Loki, you know... it's really hard to be a stealthy sniper ((of grammar)) when you go around telling everyone I'm armed! They'll just be expecting it, and the surprise is ruined. hahahah

I'm just trying to help cut back on your work load a bit. Why spend time firing warning shots at the well-meaning poster when that round could be more effectively spent on an AIM speaker or a CAPS ATTACKer? Engineering has so much to do with efficiency; by posting the 'Beware of Sniper' sign I am making the public aware in order to help flush out the true hazards to the language. There is less collateral damage that way.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:18 am

I guess I'm like a grammar NINJA! Ninja Fight
Or maybe a grammar PALADIN... yesssss... Lance

Actually, on Gaia now they've fixed the balance so that you get more gold for posting in forums, so now I get richer faster than I used to! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:32 am

I don't post in the forums because they're filled with spammers and rejects, so I really don't earn more gold than usual. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:11 am

Ick, sorry, that was misleading. I don't go on the Gaia forums either. I'm in a couple role-playing guilds, and I post in those. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Welcome to FoG! I am sure you will find the quality RPing experience you are seeking here. I an continually surprised by my fellow RPers here as to the quality and depth of the characters in RPs. I think you will fit in fine. I have been hit with that grammar rifle as well and have survived. Anyway I hope to see you around!

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed spelling error before I got shot again.)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:20 am

Kathryn Lacey takes the safety off her gun just before she carefully aims at Sunwolf. When the animal-boy is perfectly aligned with the barrel, her finger tugs at the trigger. The bullet explodes from the rifle, heading quickly toward the target.

"It's 'hope' not 'hop!'" ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:30 am

O_o

Now that is ironic... He didn't even last one sentence after making that statement.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:45 am

Ah. So it is. How did I not catch that... Anyway now that my regeneration powers have kicked in and I am revived I should warn you about the Grammar Sniper. She'll get you every time.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:25 am

Wow, everyone is on to you now Kathryn. Before you know it someone will be slapping a warning or hazard sticker on your head. Sweat Drop

I know that it is late but welcome to FoG Lacey!

I too had to look twice when I saw your username but I had the same sort of thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago when a user with the name "Sin" signed up. She's not immortal though... she's just a shorter version of me. Giggle

I look forward to seeing you around and hope that you enjoy your stay with us!
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down