FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So this is what happens when you jump blind

+2
Sunwolf007
Shadow Moonseye
6 posters

Go down

So this is what happens when you jump blind Empty So this is what happens when you jump blind

Post by Shadow Moonseye Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Devan said that we shouldn't of jumped blind, jump space is too unpredictable to jump without knowing where you're going. Normally I would of agreed with him, but we had to get out of there. We were out numbered and out gunned. And I, for one, don't relish the thought of becoming a prisoner of those monsters. I've heard tales of what they do to their captives. Joel and Carolyn say that the powers knocked out, that we're probably going to be stuck here for a while. If that's the case, I think I should investigate the world we're in orbit around. Looks like its habitable, and if we're going to be stuck here for the long haul we'll need to get supplies. That planet could be the perfect place to do so. I'll be rounding up a landing party here shortly, and we'll go check it out. So, till next time. I'm out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, now that I got the sci-fi blurb outta my system, I'll get on to the real introduction.

Ello everyone! Name's Shadow. I'll generally respond to Shadow, SM (let's skip any dirty jokes that can be made here), and Shadow Moonseye. Hell, might even respond to Moonseye, but I've never been called that before. Guess there's a first time for everything though!

Anyways, more about me! I graduated from high school last year, am jobless (stupid economy!) and looking to go to college this coming fall. I live in the States, in an area that can be classified as middle of freakin’ nowhere. Seriously. No one knows where the state is. Its kinda sad. But, overall I'm pretty happy with my lot in life. I'm dating the most wonderful person I could ask for, the only problem being he lives in Canada. And the border laws and immigration crap suck. Ah well! (Who can connect the dots! He just joined this site too, so lets find out!)

My interests...well, that’s a good question. I've got a lot so I'll try to just stick to my top ones. I'm a huge reader, have been all my life. I read just about anything, but my favorite genre has to be Science Fiction. (If you couldn't tell from the little blurb up there.) I love writing, and while I prefer prose I do dabble in poetry. I pretty much write exclusively in third person, but I will admit I have a soft spot for first person. Gaming is another thing I particularly enjoy. I'm pretty much hopeless at computer games, so I stick to console gaming. Mainly the 360 or GameCube. Shooters are my favorite, but I do dabble in other games too. Hmm...what else...I do a bit of model/ceramic painting. And fishing/hunting. I likes me the outside. And I guess I'll wrap up this section with RPing. I do enjoy me a good RP.

As for RPing itself...Well, let me say this site looks fantastic and I am a wee be daunted by the sizes of your posts. Wowza, you guys are good. I'm pretty good with most genres, though I stay away from pure Romance and I seem to be going through an anti-fantasy phase. I still like Fantasy, mind you, but I'm not quite as interested in it as I used to be. Time period doesn't realy matter to me, I guess. As for characters I like to play...well, I prefer neutral or evil characters. The ones that you can't be sure you can trust, but you're forced to to survive. I just find them more interesting. I rarely, if ever, play straight up heroes. Posting speed...I can be pretty quick if the creative juices are really flowing, but I'll probably be sorta slow at first here, since I need to train myself to meet the requirements.

Hmm...Guess that's it for now. So, hopefully I'll find some RPs to join soon, and get to know some of you!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

So this is what happens when you jump blind Empty Re: So this is what happens when you jump blind

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:11 pm

Welcome to FoG! I am going to guess Plaugewalker. I have a habit of greeting everyone that posts intro topics here so I figured I would take a shot at it. And there is nothing wrong with enjoying a shooting game right before you go deer hunting and use the real thing. Well in my book there isn't. Laughing I kinda do both gaming and hunting as well. Plus I was recently fired from my job of 3.5 years so I feel ya on the unemployment. Anyway if you have come to improve your writing skills or just use them then this is the right place. I hope to see you around the site!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

So this is what happens when you jump blind Empty Re: So this is what happens when you jump blind

Post by Shadow Moonseye Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:30 pm

Thanks! And yes, you guessed right! I've been browsing looking for an rp that I wanna join, so here's to hoping!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:00 am

Welcome to the FOG, Shaye!
It'll be nice to have another sci-fi person around! ^^ I prefer fantasy myself, but really what is sci-fi but fantasy in space! xD

I think you'll fit in around here just fine. Very Happy If you're looking to practice making longer posts, you might start in the Casual section. Smile
Have fun, and enjoy yourself in the mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:13 am

Thank you!

Hehe, yeah Sci-fi and Fantasy are really two sides of the same coin. And I've been poking around. Hope to find something soon.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:24 am

So this is what happens when you jump blind WelcomeToFOG
Welcome to FOG.

Basic stuff:
The Feedback forum is where you can post about any complaints, suggestions or problems you're having. Alternatively, you can address them directly with a moderator, such as myself. Our administrator is on a hiatus right now, so be sure not to bombard her with PMs.

Be sure to read the rules. They're here. As long as you follow those, I won't be a problem.

Hm...

There's a contest going on right now. Feel free to check that out.

Guess that's about it. Enjoy your stay and all that.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:51 am

Welcome to FoG, Shadow.

I pretty much guessed that you and Plague were an item when I read his post that declared his girlfriend is in the States, and you just happen to be a girl in the States with a boyfriend in Canada. heheh

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find this is a very habitable and hospitable place, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:57 am

Welcome to Fog, Shadow! I only greeted your other half this morning, so it's good that you've decided to make an appearance also. At least the both of you can explore the swirly mists together!

Weiss covered all of the important things, so let me just reassure you that there is nothing at all to feel daunted about here. Think of it as a learning experience, something that will help you grow. Everyone is so very friendly and helpful so I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Enjoy yourself! Aww
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:05 am

Thanks everyone! I have to say, this is one of the warmest receptions I've ever receieved; you guys sure know how to make a person feel welcome!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:32 am

Welcome to FOG!

Ryona Noel has started an Avatar role-play you might want to check out (seeing as its science fiction), and I'm working on a science fiction role-play myself though I haven't posted it yet.

Enjoy your time here, and by all means take your time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:12 am

Thanks! I'll have to go check out the avatar one, and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for yours!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down