FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major Life Changes

+14
Weiss
Adrius Frostglare
Loki
Gunneh
Sunwolf007
Sighlent
Hello Danger
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
ImmortalSin
Kalon Ordona II
The Melancholy Spirit
Bird of Hermes
Fate Flyer
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Major Life Changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Major Life Changes

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:27 am

(Oh, how I miss these conversations with you guys! Smile I actually just used Photoshop for those pictures, Kathryn. ^^)

Hello again, all! I just wanted to drop by while I can to fill you all in and give you an update on my life.

I can let you guys know for sure that Tony/onenitedrive/Axiom Awaits will not be returning to FOG. He and I aren't speaking, and I can only imagine he is moving on with his life.

As for me, I am now in my final quarter at The Illinois Institute of Art in Schaumburg (YES!!!). Very Happy I'll be graduating in June. This quarter is basically the F-you-guys quarter, lol, since graduates not only end up paying roughly an extra $1,000 for all the crap we need (print portfolios, prints, business cards, DVDs for our demo reels, prints, resumes, websites, prints, etc.), but it's also the most demanding, work-load wise. THANK GOD I'm only taking 3 classes, because this already is way more than I can handle sanely. I'm in a Seminar In Mathematics class, where we have more homework than I think is really right -- a quarter-long project, a book report, articles to summarize every week, and hundreds daily problems to do online. If I JUST took this math class, I think I'd have enough to keep me busy all quarter lol. I'm also in a Portfolio class, where we get all our shit together to show at the end of the year at the portfolio show, where employers come around to each of our tables we set up with all our things (demo reel playing, DVDs and business cards to hand out, print portfolio book on display, etc.), along with family and friends. Finally, my last class is a Team Game class, where the entire class works on creating, from top to bottom, our own workable, playable video game. Unfortunately, my class is terribly small, with only 7 people (including myself), so the workload's going to be a bitch.

I just heard from Weiss recently, and I just wanted to say I am so proud of the staff here for keeping this place running in my absence and am happy to see so many familiar faces still here. Smile I know I've said it before, but thank you, and I am truly sorry for not being around more often.

I am going to try and pop in here when I can, but since this is my last quarter, I really, really need to focus on making everything I do look as best I can so that I can get a job after I graduate. I also need to find time to work on drawings that I want to include in my portfolio too. I'm even going to be collaborating with a friend to make our own comic book. ^_^ So, yes, that's way more than I think a single person should have to handle over the course of 10/11 weeks! But, I am going to try and also try and keep a positive attitude.

Once I graduate, things will be a heck of a lot easier, since I will not have homework! I'll just be looking for a full-time job, and then I'll have free time whenever I'm not working. Oh, and something I just thought about mentioning... In August of this year, my lease expires here at my current apartment, and I will for sure be moving. So, I will have apartment hunting and moving out and in to worry about, but that's mainly the only other big time-consumer.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:35 am

FATE!
We've all missed you soooo much!
: O

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing wonderful [despite a crap load of work for school]!! I bet you can't believe how much your baby has grown!

We'll be a year old soon!
: D

Anyway...
>_>
We miss you and I know we all can't wait for you to fully come back!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 am

Wow Fate! How have you been?

I am surprised by the sheer amount of academic work you have to put up with. Hang in there! We'll be here wishing you strength to keep up with all that hectic schedule of yours and praying for your success. Don't overwork yourself now okay?

Here's to hoping you manage to make it through sane and in one piece. Roses
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Good luck with school, me and Silv are in our senior quarters too, so we feel your pain, in a very literal sense. Good to see you back here, I was just conversing with Lucian last night, pondering if you were ever going to return!!

We missed you!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Oh, gosh, that's right, Anaris! FOG is finally almost a year old now! That's incredible! Very Happy

Thanks so much, Ethereal! Smile Much appreciated!

Yeah, that's right, you two are at the same place school-wise, Ryona. Hope you and Silvone can make it through all right as well! It's going to be a bumpy ride, but hang on!!

I missed you!!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Fate!!! Wave

We miss you around these parts. Things are wrapping up for me too (32 more days until my Graduation!) and my case of Senioritis is in full swing. Sweat Drop The doctors say that it is one of the more severe cases they have seen and are surprised I have the ability to get out of bed under my own willpower.

I'm looking forward to the day where you can get back behind the wheel of FoG. Weiss is doing a fine job, he just doesn't stop for pedestrians...
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Loki!! ^.^ Oh, the pains of Senioritis! Wish there was some sort of cure for that or at least a temporary relief. Guess we have no choice but to pull through!

I told him that hitting pedestrians doesn't earn him points, but does he listen to me?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Fate!!! We've all missed you! Believe me when I say that I'm also feeling the pains of senioritis. May 22 just can't get here soon enough. Don't worry, Weiss and the rest of the staff have done a great job and have kept us out of trouble...mostly XP. But of course, everyone here misses you and can't wait for our FOG Mother to return full-time. Best of luck with all of your work! Here's some metaphorical good-luck cake Cake
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Fate, I'm glad to hear that you're still among the living. I'm glad that you seem to be doing well enough despite your massive workload. I'm just glad that you seem like the sort of person who can handle everything that needs to be handled without going crazy from it all - at least not completely insane. ^o_~^

Anyway, we're all going to still be here when you return, so go ahead and get everything done that needs to be accomplished for you to live a life that you can appreciate and enjoy. You're amazing, and I hope that you'll still be sane enough at the end to come back and be our great FoG Mother again. However, you shouldn't feel pressure to return before you're ready. :: hugs ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Fate! Miss you. Happy for you. Love you. That is all.

<3 x 10!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:42 am

It's so good to hear from you officially and to at last have some sort of timeline! xD
Everyone's missed you terribly! Hug

Good luck with the classes! And don't forget to have fun! High Five
10 to 11 weeks... Everybody mark your calendars! ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content