FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pretty place here, draped in gray...

+6
DarkGoddess
Adrius Frostglare
Silvan Arrow
ImmortalSin
Phi Chisym
EnigmaticSevens
10 posters

Go down

A pretty place here, draped in gray... Empty A pretty place here, draped in gray...

Post by EnigmaticSevens Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:27 pm

... but my, my, filled with such lovely people, with such lovely minds. It's a little daunting, shedding away the old, tried and true flesh, trying something new, something entirely foreign. Ah, but it's a thing I can't resist, so refreshing, reminds me that I'm alive.

Well, yo! I'm EnigmaticSevens, Sevens, E7s, Aniki, Ozymandias, Oz, Glorious Stallion of Manhood, etc. etc. etc. It seems odd to happen upon such a marvelous site by barest, most distant turn of events, but I like God do not play with dice, and do not believe in such blessed coincidence. It really is beautiful... to see so many who not only have a love of literature, but such skilled hands concerning it's creation. I've been rping for... oh... three years or so now, writing for far longer. To pen a story, to paint an image, to sing a song no one has ever sung, to do these things is to create beauty. There's a burning vein within each thinking mind, a network of potential and creative current, battering at the edges of sanity with each passing moment. To indulge this passion, to throw oneself into it, that is to create beauty! Beauty at the cost of all else, sanity and normality mere trinkets to be cast by the wayside.

I took a few moments, a few days, to listen and observe before speaking, and it's been an enthralling sight, to see you weave narratives, accepting nothing less than poetry, the highest caliber drawn kicking and screaming from each passing vessel.

Ha, ha! Merry mad fellows, fear not! I'm not always this languid and flowery, I've just been listening to an awful lot of hippy music, and the vibes are infectious. Speaking of which, I adore music, listening to a selected tune nigh inseparable from the act of writing. Progressive, experimental, classical, operatic, hard, soft, rocks, rap, soul, blues, jazz, symphonic, electronic, spiritual, and sacrilegious. I'll supplicate before the sweet verse of near anything... except Country. Nothing personal, just that twang thing tends to ride up my spine and tear out the vertebrae, not a pleasant sensation or spectacle, believe you me.

Movies... yes movie and tv show quality tends to fluctuate a tad much for my taste, but if I find something that hammers itself into my skull and promptly refuses to vacate the premise... well, by then it sort of endears itself to me. After all that great struggle, I can't help but don the robes and become its ardent and zealous Heirophant. ((All Hail Battlestar Galactica, Children of Dune, Serenity, Hotel Rwanda, Caprica, Pitch Black, and a dozen others that I can't be bothered to recall at the moment! May their names be praised and sanctified!))

Video games, video games are an absolutely abhorrent human creation. They waste hundreds of hours of precious time, devoid children of their souls, corrupt all that is beautiful within the human spirit, desto- *pauses* *picks up controller* Thirteen hours later.... Ahem, where was I? Ah yes, they destroy creative potential and blah, blah, blah *end rant* Blasted western RPGs....

Books, yes I eat books. The thick ones, nice and chewy, the best genres taste like chimichangas. My appetite is near insatiable and for all its voracity, surprisingly discerning. I love books almost as much as I love my failed attempts at writing them. ((dune... Dune... DUNE!!!!!!!!))If ever I was that poor sod on the Twilight Zone, who loved books, ended up being the last living soul on Earth, stumbled into the ruins of a massive library, and promptly broke his glasses... well I would've stopped weeping like a little gash and searched some bloody carcasses! I mean 6 billion dead bodies an not a one of them is wearing some frakking glasses! ((And if any of you actually understand that last bit, you're either far too old, a connoisseur of ancient, long-canceled shows, or up obscenely late on a regular basis and have access to the SyFy channel...)).

So yes... I'm a chef, psychology student, amateur writer, abstract painter, poet, occasional comedian, intellectual masochist, spiritual being, uhhh prophet, shaman, walker of the veil, king of kings, King Eternal, SHAI-HULUD! ((Bless the Maker and his water, bless his coming and his going, may his passage cleanse the world, may he keep the world for his People.)) And yes, I'm perfectly aware that these things tend to dissolve into full blown psychosis the longer I make them. ((These things being introductions...)) So perhaps I'm a tad theatrical, over the top, imbalanced(( pshaw! Try insane)), eccentric, but it comes naturally! After all, "...all the world's a stage, and everything else is vaudeville!"

Now, let's not forget my heralds! The two lovely ladies whose arrival was a harbinger... harbinger of what? Joy, beauty, a new era? The apocalypse? ((I love how question marks appear on this board, so pretty...)) Who can tell! DarkGoddess, you I must thank, first and foremost, for providing that stray link on a rarely used chatbox. And Phi! Phi Chisym, you joined, and thus I felt a little at ease ((and followed like a good doogy! Woof!)). A round of applause to you both!

Hmm... so am I in the right place? Are you weavers of the beautiful lies? May I be so bold as to join you?

--- Oh, and I tend to use OoC parentheses in casual chat at times, gives the other voices bouncing about up here a chance to vocalize ((they can be so noisy at times!)).

Today... I feel like pleasing you, more than before. Today... I know what I wanna do, but I don't know what for. To be living for you... is all I... want to do. To be loving you, it'll all be there when my dreams come true....

To be any more, than all I am, would be a lie. I'm so full of love, I could burst apart, and start to cry....

--- Oh, and I'm also cool for cats, I'm cool for cats.
EnigmaticSevens
EnigmaticSevens
Mist
Mist

Male

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Writers_Haven/index.php

Back to top Go down

A pretty place here, draped in gray... Empty Re: A pretty place here, draped in gray...

Post by Phi Chisym Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:11 am

Oh, there really is a Santa! Ozzie's here!

*would come up with something witty and full of laughs, but still floating in that holly-filled, food-induced coma still drugging me into a deep slumber*

I do have one thing to say before I retire...

Crucyx
House of Cards

This might just be the 'wish come true' for your wonder worlds. Hope you're thinking....
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

A pretty place here, draped in gray... Empty Re: A pretty place here, draped in gray...

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:15 am

My my, what do we have here? Well, from what I can see we've got a pretty kick ass introduction and a brilliant new addition to our community.

So, let me welcome you to FoG, my dear fellow.

The first thing I need to address is your reference to a particular song concerning cool cats, which is now stuck in my head. Gee, thanks a lot. It's going to be there for at least the rest of the afternoon now.

Secondly, I need to ask, did you intentionally use a V for Vendetta quote?
EnigmaticSevens wrote:but I like God do not play with dice, and do not believe in such blessed coincidence.
Because if you did, that's cool. It's one of my favourite movies.

And then there's the third thing... oh boy, wouldn't you just love to know what this one is? Prepare yourself!

I, uh... hope you enjoy your time here. Sweat Drop
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EnigmaticSevens Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:21 pm

Ah, thank you for the welcomes!

SHHH!!! *dons Heirophant robes* Do not mention V's name in vain! Less i break into a full rendition of 'This Vicious Cabaret!" I'll do it, ask Phi, I'll do it in a heartbeat!

Aha, but yes, it was a quote, seemed to harmonize well with the ongoing theme of theatrical lunacy, a tiny bit of foreshadowing if you will.

And as to your first concern... well... what can I say?
"To change the mood a little
I've been posing down the pub
On seeing my reflection
I'm looking slightly rough
I fancy this, I fancy that
I want to be so flash
I give a little muscle
And I spend a little cash
But all I get is bitter and a nasty little rash
And by the time I'm sober
I've forgotten what I've had
And everybody tells me that it's cool to be a cat
Cool for cats "

PHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, yes I believe this is a perfect place for Crucyx to grow and flourish... and I think even House of Cards may be able to grow to its full four part harmony. Yes... this is a lovely place indeed.
EnigmaticSevens
EnigmaticSevens
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:34 pm

My goodness, that has to be the most random, eccentric, and downright entertaining introduction I've read in a long time! I approve and also thank you for providing such an eclectic insight into your mind. Clap

Welcome to FOG, EnigmaticSevens! I've no doubt you will continue to enjoy the quality of writing here (I know I have!). If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give a shout out to any of the lovely people here ^_^
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EnigmaticSevens Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Ha, well I'm always glad to please. Although I warn you, this ones mind is a dangerous place in the most literal terms ((I've booby trapped my inner ear canal)). I would no take a jaunt down those hallowed and oddly spacious halls on a whim.
EnigmaticSevens
EnigmaticSevens
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:43 am

But, it is a fun sport to try. ^^
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EnigmaticSevens Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:34 am

Oh you and your risk taking. I've never been the sort to skydive. Just know that it's not my fault if you fall prey to the stampedes of pink bunnies.
EnigmaticSevens
EnigmaticSevens
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:52 pm

Razz
You've read Whispers in the Wind?
We were warned about pink bunnies in that RP. You mean you've persuaded DG to loan you some...and they haven't attacked you yet?

Impressive.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:49 pm

My dear eloquent friend, I will rather damn the Fates if I don't get a chance at an RP with you. Welcome, you of a talented mind, welcome to FOG, where the theme may be of a thick curtain that veils the sight but whose soul is as vivid and insightful as the spirits that inhabit it.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:34 am

I can neither confirm nor deny that agreement, right Sevens?

..That's right.

Good to see you ^^
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:40 pm

Keep bringing 'em in, DG and Phi! Now we have THREE new awesome members who already know each other! What could BE a more perfect force of creation? xD

Welcome to the FOG, E7! cheers
You're not alone in your flair for the theatrical. Just find a post by me after I've had too much coffee. xD
Or even not. If I just go on long enough, things spiral into the rambling crazies native to the awesome-bits of the brain.

Eheheh... verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose....

Definitely looking forward to role-playing with you some time!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by EnigmaticSevens Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:43 pm

For Phi~ Well now I'm stumped, no I've never had an encounter with Whispers in the Wind. The pink bunnies and I have been intimately acquainted for the past several years, long before I knew the world of RPing. Beyond... oh... 12 or so, they do all of my typing, hopping around my keyboard while singing high pitched Japanese Pop songs.

For Adrius~ Ah, ah! Well I hope can live up to such hopes, and I eagerly await exercising the craft on this site.

For DG~ Hmm... you have apparently stolen my right to pink bunnies young lady, I warn you, they be fickle company....

For Kalon~ Always a pleasure to meet a fellow madman! "So let me just say it's my very good pleasure to meet you and you may call me..." Sevens.
EnigmaticSevens
EnigmaticSevens
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:26 pm

I..uh..

You sound mad, not angry mad, but..crazy mad.

I guess that's a good thing considering where we are though, so welcome to FOG!
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:50 pm

Welcome to FoG, Sevens.

As entertaining as you've already proven yourself to be, I'm certain you'll have no difficulties making yourself at home here. Enjoy your stay.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:16 am

Welcome to FoG! I think you'll find it's freaking awesome here and stick around. If you like writing (judging from your long intro post you do) then you have come to the right place. I look forward to RPing with you sometime!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down