FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oiy oiy, spiffy place you got here.

+4
Delve
Lord Revan
Fate Flyer
Raspeyer
8 posters

Go down

Oiy oiy, spiffy place you got here. Empty Oiy oiy, spiffy place you got here.

Post by Raspeyer Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:13 pm

Hello strangers! Found this site while looking for a proper, active place to roleplay with my friend. This forum was the best of the bunch so hooray you win. I hope you all will come and join our future RPs.

I like writing fantasy adventures and sometimes horror. I think science is sexy. As for reading material, I'll also say fantasy adventures as well as romance occasionally coming of age, mythology-type stuff, and paranormal. I'm not big on military settings or mecha or those types of things.

Outside of that I like to play RPGs and hack'n'slash stuff. I hope I get the pleasure of meeting lots of new friends here.
Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

http://holly.clonestyle.com/

Back to top Go down

Oiy oiy, spiffy place you got here. Empty Re: Oiy oiy, spiffy place you got here.

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Hey there, Raspeyer. Welcome to FoG! :]

Woot for winnage! xD I'm glad that you were able to find us here. I hope you and your friend enjoying role-playing with us!

Those categories are all genres I myself am interested in. I love your outlook on science as well. Wink Mythology and paranormal? Wow, well that is pretty amazing.

I look forward to getting to know you better. See you around!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Oiy oiy, spiffy place you got here. Empty Re: Oiy oiy, spiffy place you got here.

Post by Lord Revan Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Welcome to FoG, Raspeyer!

Like Fate said we are glad you were able to find us here. We love it when new role-playing fans join us. I hope you enjoy your stay, I am sure you will find some interesting RP's to join.

MY name is Marc, I am an OOC Mod, if you have any questions, or need any help, feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff here at FoG, and we will be glad to assist you.

Have fun, and enjoy your time here.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Oiy oiy, spiffy place you got here. Empty Hola!

Post by Delve Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:35 pm

I am Raspeyer's said friend, so I will just share the lime light in the same welcome thread. I haven't had any luck finding a new forum to play in, in fact I joined quite a few before this one, had to deal with a lot of online drama. (Yes, its entirely possible in some role-playing communities) I liked this forum, its great because you can just create an rp thread and roll with it, without making sure its related to a massive plot line or limited to a specific planet.

I have been role-playing for a long time, since 1997 to be exact. I have been a forum moderator, guild/clan leader, spar trainer, and a game master in the past. I've also participated in a few tournaments--surviving 2-3 rounds against talented writers, whom I now know are retired from their respective forums. (I always go as Delve in everything)

I share the same interests as my friend and more. I love mecha and some military style rps as long as it has mecha, space ships, and intergalactic travel. I also enjoy sparring. My style of role-playing is linear, I skip all the metaphors because I like to reveal what it is I am writing instead of trying to confuse the readers.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.emery3d.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Well welcome to you as well Delve. Like I said earlier, we love having new members join us here at FoG!!

It's great you have a lot of experience as both a role-player and a moderator, plus that other experience.

Enjoy your stay here at FoG!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:09 am

Welcome to FoG, Raspeyer and Delve!

I'm really glad that you two were able to find us, and I hope that we don't disappoint you. FoG is really a great place to role-play in a drama-free environment. We don't tolerate drama, and if any crops up, we try to settle it in as fair and dignified a manner as soon as possible to keep the boards peaceful.

You both sound like very interesting people, and some of your interests mirror mine. I look forward to getting to know you both better.

My name is Kathryn, and I serve as the sort of counselor/adviser of FoG. If you have any need of advice, I'm here to help. If you have any questions or concerns, you can come to me or to any of our other lovely staff members.

I hope you both thoroughly enjoy your stays!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Greetings, Raspeyer and Delve!

Oiy oiy, spiffy place you got here. Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

It's great to have the two of you here! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:18 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Raspeyer and Delve! cheers
It's so great to see new people find us who are looking for a haven of literacy. Because, that's our reason for existing! xD

Looking forward to seeing you all around everywhere. I'm sure you'll fit right in. If you have any questions, do feel free to ask. Right here in the intro thread is a great place, while we're getting to know you anyway.

Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 pm

Thanks for the welcomes!
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.emery3d.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Raspeyer Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:51 am

Duo on the thanks! I'm getting a bit of inspiration already. I might even get in on the Caligo story. It sort of fits in with an RP I've been wanting to see through for awhile. Sort of a mystery horror setting though.

Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:50 pm

I can see how Caligo could be open to both settings and even a mixture of the two. I mean, there are ghosts roaming around the place, and there are creatures on it that aren't exactly like the creatures about which we know. There's a lot of room for creativity with it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:45 pm

Welcome to FoG, Raspeyer and Delve! Raspeyer, I totally agree that science is sexy, mainly because I am a proud scientist, a graduate student in marine biology, to be exact. Perhaps I am a bit biased, but there is no sexier branch of science than marine biology Razz

I hope you both enjoy yourselves and find some good role-plays to join. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:08 pm

there is no sexier branch of science than marine biology
I never thought of that before, but I think you're right! ROFL
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raspeyer Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:24 pm

Haha, I had dreams of being a marine biologist once so I could definitely see why you would advocate it's sexiness.

The creature you don't know of yet, that makes me even more excited about the RP. Probably won't be for awhile though.
Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down