FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dystopian Rhapsody OOC

+5
Mustakrakish
The Literate Angel
ixchel
Praxibetel Ix
Kalaam
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dystopian Rhapsody OOC Empty Dystopian Rhapsody OOC

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:39 pm

"If only I could do something, ma'am, I would. But, as it is, there's nothing I, or my department, can do. I'm sure your son will turn up soon." The man smiled, the notion that his hands were tied must have comforted him, in some way.

The look on the woman's face, however, shattered any comfort he could have taken. The word heartbreak came to mind, but somehow it seemed overused and too weak to describe the look of utter defeat in her eyes. She looked like she hadn't eaten for days, like a shell of the woman she used to be. She must have been about forty years old, and not a day older, the telltale wrinkles around her eyes and the corners of her mouth testifying to lost beauty and unrealized dreams.

She must have loved her son very much, your classic June Cleever mom, dinner on the table by five, spotless house and loving family, all that and more. The pearls around her neck were very expensive looking, as was the car she drove to the Child Relocation Center.

The case worker remembered when she first showed up, it must have been ten years ago, with a young boy clinging to her skirts. He didn't know what went on here, or why she had brought him. Ignorance was bliss, and in this world it was certainly in short supply. He remembered how the kid's happiness seemed somehow infective to the other six year olds whose mothers simply no longer had want for them, and had believed the officials when they told them that by taking them to the Center they would give them a better life.

The less they knew, the better. It was a good thing that none of the parents knew what really happened at The Facility, a very good thing indeed. The experiments, psychological and physiological, were horiffic just to think about, but it was all in the name of science, at least that's what he told himself. He was just a low ranking CRC worker, and such thoughts were above him, so he quickly put it out of his mind.

"Miss Curie, I'm sorry. You put him into our custody ten years ago, and the memory wipes implemented on both you and him would have taken care of any posibility of recognition. The scientists say that the Ulrich case was pure chance, and the original wipe could have been considered shoddy at best. There really isn't any way of you finding your son again, and I hate to have to be the one to tell you that. Maybe you should get a more complete wipe done, out of mind out of conscience right?"

Later that day, January 1, 2060

The boy got up from the machine feeling a bit dazed, but the nice man in the lab coat told him that should be expected. He kept his footing, just barely, and clung to the doctor's leg for support. The man led him down a long hallway, past big glass windows with other people in lab coats and children his age. "Will I get to play with them?" he asked. The nice man just smiled and nodded.

They came to a stop outside a door with a big number four on the front, and the man opened it, ushering him through. The room was filled with big, strange looking machines, and he gave a questioning look to the elderly man that was hovering over him. The man smiled. "Before you go play we have to give you a few tests, okay? Do you like to run?" The boy nodded. "Go stand on that machine over there-" he pointed to the treadmill.

"I'm going to start it up, and the belt on it is going to move, you have to walk on it to start with, so you don't hurt yourself, and then we're going to build up speed. This is to see how fast you can run." The boy nodded eagerly, and the man turned a knob, slowly putting the boy through his paces on the treadmill, then the hand weights.

Strength, speed, and stamina were the first things they measured, and the boy did surprisingly well. Hopefully he fared as well on the intelligence and memory sections, He sat the boy down in a small chair next to a table with cards laid out in an eight by eight pattern, and explained the rules. "Now we're going to play a game. First you turn up one card, then another, and if they match, you take them off the table. You have to try and find all of the matches, okay?" He smiled. The boy nodded with as much enthusiasm as he had before, and made astonishingly quick work of the puzzle, beating even some of the adult control subject's scores.

This kid was amazing, and perhaps everything the Program was looking for. He wrote down his observations on the clipboard, and led the young boy to the playground with the rest of the high scoring kids, where he eagerly engaged in a game of freeze tag.

Subject name: Daniel

Tester: Dr. Steve Lambent, Ph. D

Comments: Looks strong, for a six year old. Excellent shape, strong mind. Passed coordination and IQ tests with flying colors, maybe the best applicant we've had so far. Healthy immune system, cardiovascular system, respiratory system, all very strong. Should withstand all training and tests. Highly recommended for Section 8.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Sheet:

Name:

Description (Picture is fine):

Personality:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Back to top Go down

Dystopian Rhapsody OOC Empty Re: Dystopian Rhapsody OOC

Post by Kalaam Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:06 pm

I have a few questions for the character sheet. Age starting when? Also, description for what age?

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Starting at age 8, you can update your sheet as the story moves forward. Basically we're gonna have our characters evolve at those age increments. First sheet will be age 8, having been in the Program two years. Second sheet will be age 12, and third will be 16. Do not preemptively make those sheets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Praxibetel Ix Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:42 am

Name: Michael Briggs

Description: Michael is tall for his age. He has short, untidy black hair. His eyes are a deep hazel and his mouth is usually upturned in a mischievous grin.

Personality: Michael is an aggressive and extremely competitive child. He feels as if he must prove his own worth to himself. He is very direct and always seems to tackle a problem head on rather than finesse his way around it. He can be manipulative at times and he rarely shows his true emotions, putting on a mask of strength to cover his own insecurities.

Strengths: Michael is exceptionally physically strong, placing in the top 5% of all physical tests administered by The Facility. He has a high endurance as well as above average speed and agility.

Weaknesses: Michael is not unintelligent by any means but it is far from his strong point. He is self conscience and always critical of himself, which leads to his aggressive behavior.

Last edited by Praxibetel Ix on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Praxibetel Ix
Praxibetel Ix
Mist
Mist

Male

Location : A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse

Back to top Go down

Post by ixchel Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Name: Maya

Description:
PAST: In India, Maya was abandoned due to the stress a poor Indian family has from having a new baby girl (more dowry to provide). Her mother may not have wanted Maya to become a prostitute in a city, be subject to acid throwing, or be killed by her father. As an "abandonee", Maya learned to scam tourists out of their money. Maya was short, perhaps due to stunted growth.

NOW: Maya doesn't remember her past. She has high intelligence and a quick wit. The speed with which she can run is high. Her agility and dexterity makes up for her lack in strength (at least, in comparison to others). She has dark hair and tan skin, with large brown eyes, a large head, skinny body, and gangly limbs.

Personality: Although she is otherwise optimistic as a child, she knows surviving and pleasing the scientists and instructors is a serious business. She has imaginary friends and can be seen talking to herself sometimes in private.

Strengths: She is logical, quick, and determined. Instead of focusing on impossibility, she thinks of ways to overcome obstacles. She is a prodigy, which means she can comprehend abstract ideas (usually doesn't come until the age of 12.)

Weaknesses: Maya does not trust other children her age. Although she can understand abstract concepts, she does not have any real empathy -- which could be a bad thing, although she may grow out of it. She was deficient in strength, but is slowly overcoming it.
Not only does Maya have imaginary friends, she also still sucks her thumb and sometimes pees herself during sleep.

Last edited by ixchel on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ixchel
ixchel
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, no, I wasn't for sure, but when you enter the program your memory is wiped, clean. You don't remember parents, you don't remember past knowledge. You start the program at age 6 and according to the stuff they implant in your head to cover up the wipe you're a test tube baby born for this. Combat training starts at age 12 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ixchel Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Oh okay. Lol, that changes a lot. Time to edit!
ixchel
ixchel
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:00 am

Sorry, I'll just take this off then.

Last edited by The Literate Angel on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:00 am

Literate, you've got a REALLY bad habit of posting sheets before asking or posting any interest, I'm sorry. You're not in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:15 am

Name: Daniel

Description (Picture is fine): Daniel has messy brown hair and bright blue eyes under paler than average skin. He's just a bit over average weight for his age but still manages to move pretty quick. He has a very strong jawline and sharp angular features.

Personality: A natural leader, Daniel possesses strong empathy for others in suffering and tries his hardest to cheer the other kids up if one of them is crying or angry. He's also talented at manipulating the other kids, usually to get them to achieve a goal, but this could easily be turned to nefarious ends.

Strengths: A good marksman and decently quick for his age, plus the aforementioned leadership skills.

Weaknesses: He may be a sniper in the making, but he can make some short sighted judgements. If he gets overly mad Daniel has a very good chance of screwing up, maybe even getting his friends hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:10 am

Case File 098-NE54-024C

Executive Summary

Subject: Nathan Edwards
ID# 098

This subject is an eight year old male. Nathan Edwards is the smallest of the project subjects. He has black hair, green eyes, and a light golden skin tone. The subject exhibits typical signs of late-stage growth development, as well as growth related coordination problems. Issues with physical coordination are interfering with the subjects highly developed sense of kinesthesia and spatial awareness. As a result, bruising is more common to this subject.

Nathan Edwards suffers from mild health problems, including recurring illnesses and susceptibility to new diseases. Furthermore, his current poor coordination is interfering with his reactions. The subject has the fastest absolute reaction speed of any subject, but the actual speed is currently among bottom half. Furthermore, health issues and physical size has created profound psychological impacts. The competitive drive among all subjects has driven this child towards compensation.

Subject 098 is developing a ruthless and vicious attitude towards overcoming challenges and surpassing the others. 098 has also developed a deeply manipulative streak, and is clever and quick with unconventional solutions towards problems. Some of these solutions have an amoral practicality that can be disturbing. Furthermore, reports of strange dreams and nightmares frequent 098. Despite the verified memory wipe, he still dreams of a fire and screaming; the dream bears similarity to the demise of his immediate family at age five. When asked about it, 098 states he has a soul of fire. The current speculation is that 098 is a borderline sociopath with tendencies towards violent and explosive acts. This is correspondent to a 098’s volcanic and violent temper.

098 has several positive recommendations towards continuing the program. The current physical coordination issue will diminish with time, leaving a superb candidate. Furthermore, 098 has demonstrated excellent tactical and strategic thinking skills, as well as ruthless practicality and ingenuity. 098 possesses the ability to become and effective and skilled leader. 098 also possesses a strong emotional drive to become the top performing candidate. The volatile element of his emotions adds an element of unpredictability and randomness towards an otherwise icy and controlled demeanor. The current planning staff concludes this is a weakness. His physical size and current lack of empathetic connection with the other students is also concluded as a weakness, as well as an opportunity. Given 098’s desire for perfection and dissociation with any known system of morality, this subject is currently considered controllable beyond the other subjects.

Recommendation: 098 displays enough potential to continue through the program.

Approved for planned development track A and experimental treatments 2a-5c.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:46 pm

Very nice Kalaam!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks. I thought it would be more appropriate, but some times people are not happy when I do not strictly follow the sign up. I am glad you liked it.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:36 am

My apologies for the wait. I just got back from vacation and put this up first thing.

Name: Damion

Description (Picture is fine): Damion is an average candidate as far as physical size is concerned. Height and weight growth tracks mimic about 90% of other subjects, and he is not expected to exceed any expectations on physical strength or endurance. Damion has light brown hair, which may or may not darken as he ages. His eyes are the most striking part of his appearance. Upon first meeting the boy I was immediately caught in his gaze, surprised by its intensity and depth at such a young age. Other aspects of Damion’s physiology are on par with a standard subject for the program.

Personality: From the very beginning it was noticed that Damion had an aptitude with people. He easily became friends with other subjects, and the doctors often came away smiling from meeting the young boy. He laughs easily, not a sight commonly seen among the test subjects, and treats almost everything like a joke. However, he appears to be incredibly manipulative. The staff has documented Damion persuading other children to give up their valuables to him, or hurt others on his behalf. The staff has recommended Damion for Program 42C upon completion of basic training.

Strengths: As mentioned before, Damion is the most charismatic boy we have seen thus far, with the exception of Subject 21. In addition to his persuasive abilities, we have measured his reflexes, flexibility, and dexterity at levels unheard of in a boy of his age. The staff is very interested in observing how the boys talents progress as he ages.

Weaknesses: While agile, Damion is still very average in terms of raw strength and endurance. His intelligence, while high for a normal child, shows no promise as a test subject at this time. His skill with people comes with a drawback as well, for Damion is easily attached to other subjects and will become very loyal and protective of them. It is suspected that the...demise...of one of his comrades could result in mental instability and require the subject to be terminated.
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Is this everyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:25 am

If so, can I make two or three supplementary characters? They would be minor parts of my writing, and would possibly fill out the program and the characters for this thread.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:08 pm

There's not much need for them, but do PM them to me beforehand. I'll work on getting the IC up after New Years (ETA of Friday or Saturday Central standard time US). That doesn't mean I don't want to see OOC chatter though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:48 pm

It's the new year, and before I put the effort into typing up an IC, I'd like to see one post in the OOC thread from each of you to know you guys are still here and interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Praxibetel Ix Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm in
Praxibetel Ix
Praxibetel Ix
Mist
Mist

Male

Location : A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:48 pm

Still here my friend. Looking forward to the IC
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ixchel Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:16 pm

I'm still interested! =D
ixchel
ixchel
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:32 pm

Waiting on Kalaam's confirmation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 am

Hai. I am still around.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:23 pm

IC shall go up soon(TM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:46 pm

It's up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:08 am

S'get some posts! IC is UP yo. Check the Advanced Roleplaying section.

Back to top Go down

Post by ixchel Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:02 am

Yay! Very Happy I'm gonna post soon.
ixchel
ixchel
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:27 am

Oh come on guys, a week after the IC goes up and there's no posts? I think it's dead Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Seeing as how most of you have vanished, I'm recruiting new players. Sorry for any misunderstandings

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:39 pm

I am coming up with something for you.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content