FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So you like Parties?

+3
The Literate Angel
Bird of Hermes
AkiyaMarquis
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So you like Parties? Empty So you like Parties?

Post by AkiyaMarquis Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:35 pm

“Just cards right?” You question yourself as you pull a white envelope from the mail box. There was no return address and instead of throwing it out you decided to open it. A card fell to the ground and a piece of paper; hesitantly you bend down and lift both of them. You turn the card once maybe twice in your hands trying to grasp what the meaning behind it is. Your eyes peer at the letter and you hastily shove the card back into the envelope. You open the letter nearly ripping it in your negligence.

To whom received this invitation,

Who am I? That is a normal question to ask, yet my name is not valid at this moment. You may call me The Mistress in Black if it will appease your mind. Welcome to my game. The card you hold in your hand is a replica of your personality and the way you treat others. Hence why I invited you. There is a manor not too far from where you are, the Hollenswell mannor. Yes, yes you are correct. This invitation is for a get together I am holding there; bring the card and please remember that when you reach the doors that card is you. Hope to see you there.

The Mistress in Black

The Plot Simplified

Spoiler:

Character Sheets

Human
Spoiler:

Creature
Spoiler:

The Cards

Spoiler:

The Players:

The Fool: Shai Mijan
The Magician: Reserved
The High Priestess:
The Empress:
The Emperor:
The Hierophant:
The Lovers: Caspian Kian Yorke (Split personality: Keon Axel Hugh)
The Chariot:
Strength:
The Hermit:
Wheel of Fortune:
Justice:
The Hanged Man: Clara Rose Estali
Death:
Temperance: Annmarie Emalee Yorke
The Devil:
The Tower:
The Star:
The Moon: Amure "Wulfie" Wolfgang
The Sun:
Judgment:
The World:

Creatures
Number ten

Rules
  • You may only play up to three characters.
  • In order for you to play a creature you must have a human character.
  • Respect your fellow RPers and the GM.
  • If you are going to be gone notify me, or I will kill off your character.
  • Characters will die. If you die and their are human characters available create one and if not you are allowed to create a creature.
  • These rule may be modified at the GM's will. Though you will be notified.

Last edited by AkiyaMarquis on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:54 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Added rules)

AkiyaMarquis
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

So you like Parties? Empty Re: So you like Parties?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:37 pm

Could you possibly explain what the creatures are?

Back to top Go down

Post by AkiyaMarquis Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:59 pm

Creatures are the minions of the mistress. They are the ones that attack the characters. But you can only play a creature if you have a human character.

My characters:

Name: Caspian Kian Yorke (Split personality: Keon Axel Hugh)
Sex: Male
Sexual Preference: Straight
Card: The Lovers
Nationality: English
Appearance:So you like Parties? Male-model-sweater
Fears:
  • Agateophobia- Fear of insanity
  • Angrophobia - Fear of anger or of becoming angry
  • Cleithrophobia- Fear of being enclosed

Strengths:

• Organized
  • Calm temperament
  • Likes to protect Annmarie

Weaknesses:

• Too energetic
  • Likes revenge
  • Too dominate

Personality: Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perseverance in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following. (Split personality: Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments. Well-organized and hard working, they work steadily towards identified goals. They can usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it.)

Name: Annmarie Emalee Yorke
Sex: Female
Card: Temperance
Nationality: English
Appearance:So you like Parties? Nicole
Fears:
  • Daemonophobia- Fear of demons
  • Enissophobia- Fear of having committed an unpardonable sin or of criticism
  • Lepraphobia- Fear of leprosy

Strengths:

• Strong will
  • Organized
  • Creative

Weaknesses:

• Puts others in front of herself
  • Not really outspoken
  • Defensive

Personality: People-oriented and fun-loving, they make things more fun for others by their enjoyment. Living for the moment, they love new experiences. They dislike theory and impersonal analysis. Interested in serving others. Likely to be the center of attention in social situations. Well-developed common sense and practical ability.

AkiyaMarquis
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Name: Amure "Wulfie" Wolfgang
Sexual Preference: Lesbian
Card: The Moon
Nationality: German
Appearance:
So you like Parties? Haruka%20lachend
Fears:
Hierophobia- Fear of priests or sacred things
Pyrophobia- Fear of fire
Gerascophobia- Fear of growing old
Strengths: Outgoing, flirtatious, young-at-heart.
Weaknesses: Easily startled or scared, falls easily in love.
Personality: Wulfie can't seem to help flirting with every woman she meets. But, this is not necessarily a vice, as Wulfie usually comes across as joking or childish. Her comments can be quite blunt, yet piercingly accurate. Like a cat, she is easily distracted, but when focused, astoundingly bright. She tends to wild day-dream.
Bio: Born as the only child of a wealthy man, Amure is sole heir to the Wolfgang estate. A highly religious clan, the Wolfgangs are prominent in the funding of many Protestant churches. Needless to say, Wulfie's father didn't take it lightly when he discovers her kissing a local Catholic girl for two rather large reasons. Wulfie takes the first chance she can to escape her father's harping and that comes, like magic, in the form of a daunting invitation.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:41 am

Name: Clara Rose Estali

Card: The Hanged Man

Nationality: Half British Half French

Appearance: So you like Parties? Puppetgirl

Fears: Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects.
Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.
Coimetrophobia- Fear of cemeteries.
Pediophobia- Fear of dolls.

Strengths: Clara's strengths are her selfless heart, her giving nature, her willingness to do what needs to be done, even in the face of her own fears, and her clear, insightful mind.

Weaknesses: Clara tends to be to self-sacrificing and ends up hurting herself. She is also every bad at hiding her own fears and working with technology, even though she loves it.

Personality: Clara is a very encouraging, understanding person. She has a deep insight to others feelings and is always trying to help others, no matter what the cost. She is a very loyal friend and lover and would never do anything to betray her friends. She is also very trusting, believing that all humans are inherently good.

Even though she works hard at making others happy, she seems to have a very good head on her shoulders and doesn't neglect herself. She will give up anything to help those she believes are in need, but she has always been very organized and good at achieving her goals. While some times she can be absentminded she does seem to have a strong confidence and like she has some higher knowledge of the world than those around her.

Clara loves to have fun and spend time with others, rarely spending her time alone. She is easy to get along with, but some find her sacrificing nature to be annoying while others take advantage of it. Clara can tell when someone is tricking her and, while she will still help them, she won't continue to associate with them.

Bio: Clara grew up in Britain with her father and mother. Her mother was a very beautiful French woman who taught her how to be elegant and refined. Her father was an upper-middle class business man who had a very authoritative nature and a soft spot for the women in his life. An only child, it was amazing how she turned out. She was always a very giving, helpful child and that followed her up into her adult life. She was a good student and rarely ever got into trouble.

After high school, Clara refused to let her parents pay for her college. She had gotten a scholarship and a job to pay for her tuition and apartment. She is currently studying at West Thames College in Isleworth. Her life was fairly slow pace at the time, until she received a letter in the mail.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AkiyaMarquis Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:15 pm

Both are accepted, sorry it took me so long^^

AkiyaMarquis
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:54 am

No problem. So are we going to get started soon?
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AkiyaMarquis Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:27 pm

We need more people to join. I at least need more cards taken and well some creatures before we can start.

AkiyaMarquis
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:07 am

Well hopefully more people join. And I can definitely play a creature.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:26 am

Name: Number ten

Type of creature: Humaniod

Powers: Persuasion, not mind control, but a lesser form and has to be touching her target. Despair, she is able to instill the greatest despair into those she touches, though for only a short amount of time. Hidden, she is able to completely mask herself for a short period of about less than a minute.

Abilities: Flexibility, she is able to contort her body and go into spaces many wouldn't be able to. Trust, she has a knack for gaining people's trust. Silent Kill, she is able to kill a person with one stab from a sharp needle in over fifty places on the body.

Appearance: So you like Parties? Snow-1

Bio: Number ten came into Mistress Black's care shortly after she lost her mind. She didn't really lose it though, simply became psychotic. She was a battered, bruised, crazy mess who had a severe case of amnesia. She could remember how to walk and talk, but everything else was a mystery. She was a perfect mold for the Mistresses game and does everything she is told.

Ten has become a sort of spy for her Mistress, mostly because she is such an up beat person. Of course she is also good at instilling terror and despair into those around her. Her crazy side provides that. It is easy to tell when she has gone into her other mode, the way she walks, talks and acts changes, though she is the same person.

Okay, let me know what you think. I'm not sure if this is okay, or what you wanted at all and if not I'll just change it. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AkiyaMarquis Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:54 pm

Accepted. It's perfect!

AkiyaMarquis
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:17 am

:s I didn't get any e-mail notifications saying that someone posted here. I'll try to come up with a char on sunday at the latest. I'm sorry for making you all wait so long.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AkiyaMarquis Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:32 am

Its ok dear. I haven't gotten emails either...btw i'm at the library my computer crashed.

AkiyaMarquis
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:31 am

Name: Shai Mijan
Card: The Fool
Nationality: Dutch
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Fears:

• Losing his sanity
  • To be forgotten
  • The Unknown

Strengths:

• Can be very pragmatic and therefore he almost always has a solution to anything
  • Independence
  • Intelligence
  • Physical strength
  • Determination
  • Self control
  • Strong willed

Weaknesses:

• Impatient
  • Careless
  • Nonchalant
  • His independence can also be a weakness, because he sometimes forgets it's good to ask someone to help him
  • Can be very stubborn

Personality: Shai is a very straight forward man who doesn't care about being liked or not. Neither does he care about what someone else thinks about him, unless you're very close to his heart. He's seen enough of life to know there's always more than what just meets the eye, and therefore he cares most about what he himself thinks about everything in life. Still, he's very curious and he always wants to know every possible side of a story. Also, he's very intelligent and he's impatient with people he considers dumb and he can be very dominating. But once he takes a liking on you, it would take you forever to make him mistrust you. Once in his heart, he'd do anything for you. He can also be very pragmatic, that's why he hardly ever choses a side to be on. He cares a great deal for justice and being righteous.

Bio: Being adopted by a Dutch family, Shai has been raised in The Netherlands. He never met his biological parents and to this day he does not particulary wish to meet them as he understands they most likely had no other choice than to give him up for adoption. That's also why he doesn't hold a grudge against them. Shai knows that his adoptive parents would always support him if he were ever to choose to meet his biological parents, and though he does not particulary wishes to, the curiousity as to what they look like and all of that grows stronger every day.

His adoptive parents made sure that he understood what they call 'The Principles of Life' which are: never lie, always stay true to yourself, always know that there's more to a story than just one side and never let anyone get you down. These lessons have turned Shai into a very strong willed man, which also causes him to be very stubborn at times.

Ever since he was a little boy he had the feeling he looked to things in a different way and when he became older, he understood that he was one of the very few people who did not choose his own side to a story over someone else's side. Shai has respect for every aspect of every story and though he also stays true to himself, he never proclaimed to have the key to the truth. When growing up he started to understand that every human being creates his own truth and that for every human being that truth is the most logical one.

He grew up in a very strong and supportive family and when he decided to go to America to finish his study there, his parents could only cheer him on. He's residing in America for 6 months now and is preparing to write his final thesis. Going to America with nothing more than just a backpack with the most important stuff he needed, he received a chance to build a new life with new people. His parents stayed behind in The Netherlands, but he speaks to them on a regular basis. Now, after being 6 months in America, he has new friends, an apartment and a part time job as a junior researcher.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:08 am

This looks like an interesting roleplay (hmm, but which card to pick....). May I ask if plans for it is still in the works?
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:24 am

AkiyaMarquis' pc crashed, but as far as I know she's still planning on continuing this.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AkiyaMarquis Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:51 pm

Ok my computer is finally back up and yes this is still a go.

Note: Please do not im me with your character sheets. They get posted here in the OOC, ty.

AkiyaMarquis
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:21 am

It's good to hear your computer is back up. Hopefully we can get more people to join as well.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:04 am

Name: Nikolaus Schneider
Card: Judgment
Nationality: German
Appearance:
So you like Parties? Feripost
Fears:
.: Insanity
.: Indecision
.: Divine punishment
.: Being ill-prepared
.: Worthlessness
Strengths:
.: Perception/Intuition
.: Memory (recalling, reflecting, reminiscing)
.: Ingenuity
.: Efficiency, especially with weapons
.: self-discipline
Weaknesses:
.: drinking (alcohol, that is), smoking (cigarettes only)
.: apathy/indifference
.: induced forgetfulness
.: self-deception
.: ingrained social conventions

Personality:
Stoic, quiet, and generally reserved, Nikolaus may appear cold and indifferent at first; however, he can be quite amiable and talkative with acquaintances (or heavily inebriated). With this man, it almost seems as if everything is all business--manners, efficiency, and professionalism. To the keen of perception, a heavy air seems to hang about him--a fog of torment, a mist of regret, haze of sober sorrow, all tinged with an edge not so unlike a knife's.

Bio:
Born to an average family that always strove to be upper class, Nikolaus was raised with the elite's etiquette ingrained in him almost more than the boys born with silver spoons in their mouths. Since he, however, had to work his way up, he doesn't take much for granted and credits his achievements to the few who've helped him along the way. Sacrificing family, friends, and identity, he ventured into mercenary work after finishing his education (and finding it highly boring). At some point, the government picked him up and signed him on board for them. Now, what he does is classified and...well, might not be suitable for table talk. Maybe that's why he smokes and drinks.

((How's that? ))
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:28 pm

How many more cards do we need before we start?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:29 pm

I doubt we'll ever start this...
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Thus! Time does make sloths of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the hazy cast of forgetfulness,
And roleplays of great pitch and moment
With this regard their interests turn awry,
And lose the name of action.
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInfiniteLullaby Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Hello, would it be okay to post a character sheet as 'The Star'? :]
TheInfiniteLullaby
TheInfiniteLullaby
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Ahhh I am totally going to join. I'm going to try and use The Wheel of Fortune or Justice before someone else capitalizes on it.
And now - for a character sheet!
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

http://vampirefreaks.com/xSHEEPLEx

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:19 pm

I don't think this is going to start any time soon, if it's even going to start. The one who started the thread resides in Spain at the moment, as she's in the army and I doubt she has signed in to FOG in the past few months.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Oh my. Good luck to her in the army!

Does anyone know how to contact her outside of FOG? Maybe we could ask permission to start it up while she's absent.
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Yes, she's in my MSN contact list, I'll ask her about it once I get to talk to her again Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:31 pm

Sounds like a great plan.

Do you think it's okay to use a character I already have?
I really want to use him...
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Yeah, I think that's okay, if your char fits into the char sheet that you have to fill out, then sure Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:02 pm

Sweet muffins! I'll be doing that for sure.
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next