FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Postmortem Partiality [Zombies With a Twist]

+2
Mustakrakish
Regicidal
6 posters

Go down

Postmortem Partiality [Zombies With a Twist] Empty Postmortem Partiality [Zombies With a Twist]

Post by Regicidal Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:23 am

This is an rp I made on another forum, and it took off rather well given the plot twists and all sorts of things. I'm hoping it will take off here as well... and not die.. that would be nice.

Welcome to Hell

Welcome to a world that has been suffering the undead invasion for the past five years.

The undead seem to have only one purpose in their existence, consume anything they cannot infect. For one a normal human becomes infected, it is sensed and they are soon left to turn and follow the scent of the next meal. The problem lies in the fact that there is a fraction of humanity that they cannot infect; and much like a child with the mind-set 'If I can't have it, no one can!' the undead hunger for the Immune with an insatiable appetite. The appetite is so enticing that it has been documented for hordes of a hundred or more undead to completely ignore those susceptible to infection just to give chase to a sole Immune.

And who wouldn't see the advantages in that? As someone who can be infected, wouldn't you want to tow around bait so that you may travel comfortably through this infested world?

Setting

Our story will be focusing on the coastal Washington State. Temperate, constantly raining. Nice mood y'know? I'm not particular about cities or anything, as in this world there are no more standing vestiges of the old cities. Only camps, and a single base set up for the Immune.

The weather is a constant overcast with a seemingly endless drizzle of rain. Never enough to soak unless you've been standing in it for at least a half-hour. There may be the occasional sunny day, but that will be at my discretion and highly unlikely.

The Immune Compound

The Immune Compound is an impenetrable fortress so far as the undead go. With fifteen-foot high walls, and enough space at the top for guards to patrol comfortably, any zombie within 100 yards is sniped from existence. Given their position in the middle of the woods, with no trail nor hint of pathway to it, there is seldom more than thirty zombies at a time around the compound. Making approach easy for anyone who happens upon it.

The only entry into this fortress is a series of manual winch ladders, and two seldom used hydraulic lifts at the back and front of the base. When not in use, these lifts are at their highest level. There are no ground floor doors along the solid reinforced concrete walls. Nor is there an imperfection along the wall which is checked on a weekly basis.

The interior of the compound is as comfortable as the U.S. Military could afford five years ago. Built to house 150 occupants, not including a guard of 50 soldiers, the place is immense for the current occupants. To the west are the living quarters, with enough comfortable living space for the designed amount of occupants. This wing takes up the entire west side of the perfect square compound. To the southwest corner are the crude barracks for the soldiers. These barracks have been reinforced and transformed into a jail of sorts. God-forbid anyone need be locked in there. North of the 'jail' is the recreational area-turned-farm. Anything supplemental that is able to grow in the climate is there. Which makes for a comfortable life of fresh food. In between the two is a pasture for livestock. Livestock consists of a small herd of cows, a few pigs, and a chicken coop. There really isn't much need for them, as the place was stocked with non-perishables long before the invasion had hit full force. The fresh food sources are maintained for regular use, and the canned goods saved for the seldom emergency.

To the north, is the Research Facility. This is where roughly half of the Immune occupants spend most of their time. Dr. Barnes heads this area with an iron fist. No STI is allowed entry, and no one other than the staff knows what goes on within. For some reason, Barnes still considers his work classified to outsiders. Even in the current state of the world.

Power

Utilizing modern technology that remained largely unreleased to the public during the invasion. The Compound rarely loses power thanks to a large quantity of hydrogen-powered generators. Given the climate, they rarely run out of water to feed the beastly machines that are stored underground. All over the base are drainage holes in the gravel floor. Between those and the basins for the generators is a rather advanced filtration system that feeds the generators a constant source of clean water. Along with a large basin separate from that, is a pump so that the compound may be gifted with running hot and cold water.

Law

The law of the compound is simply this. Obey common sense. If you think it's wrong, or might hurt someone, don't do it. Any defectors of this law will be killed, and subsequently incineration. No judge, no jury.

The only other law is that no unauthorized personnel enter the Research Facility. Breaking of this law is punishable in the same manner as the first law. [center]
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Postmortem Partiality [Zombies With a Twist] Empty Re: Postmortem Partiality [Zombies With a Twist]

Post by Mustakrakish Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:52 pm

I am interested, but are the players going to be Immune who are searching for the Compound, or already in it, or are they Non-Immune who are trying to survive?
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Postmortem Partiality [Zombies With a Twist] Empty Re: Postmortem Partiality [Zombies With a Twist]

Post by Regicidal Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:38 pm

I have a rather detailed story set for those inside the compound.. So for this I think I may just limit everyone to outside the compound. Immune of not is your choice entirely.

Maybe you're immune and searching for the 'last' compound '. Or not..

Or perhaps you're susceptible to infection, and just trying to make your way in the zombie-infested world and happen to be in the shithole town that the rp mostly takes place in.

And, unlike most zombie rps that die for they have no direction. This one has two endings. All dependent on how the people in the rp play.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seloc Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Mmm, how does the compound get the needed food to feed it's occupants?

And I wouldn't mind rolling as a chainsword wielding maniac..
Seloc
Seloc
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:41 pm

I know this thread is technically dead.. But i want to give it another spike from the defibrillator just for the hell of it.

So here goes another interest check!
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:55 pm

Hmm, the idea is certainly interesting. I would like to join, if more people would become interested.

The everman.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaku Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Hmm, this sounds pretty interesting. You should give it another nudge and try to have it work. I'm always up for anything with zombies.
RedBaku
RedBaku
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:01 am

Count me in, I'm always up for some zombie bashing shenanigans.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:56 am

Yea, c'mon, get an OOC started!

everman.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down