FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Seven {In need of Virtues}

+3
ravenroses
MoiraofWords
The Literate Angel
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Seven {In need of Virtues} Empty The Seven {In need of Virtues}

Post by The Literate Angel Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:18 pm

The Seven

IC

The world has fallen farther and farther into sin. Sex, drugs, and murder are rampant and sin has taken hold of everyone. The government is corrupt, the police is corrupt, no one can walk on the streets safe. Satan controls the world and seven of his servants rule over the world. Every day the rain falls on the cities, Gods tears from the heavens, but they turn to acid and pollute the Earth further.

The Seven Deadly Sins rule Earth, furthering their conquest, making humans their play things. They are all watched over by The Son of Chaos, an ageless man sent by Satan to make sure the Sins do as their told. Their only connection back to Hell he is feared by the Sins and he unleashes his own chaos onto the world. Yet the human race see's nothing, they are blind to these powerful seven and blind to their own decay. The humans destroy more of the Earths' surface, building their cities higher, expanding them further. The cities smell of decay and sex. Those who are pure of heart are few and far between. The human race has fallen and will continue to fall unless something is done.

God, after watching the human race fall further into their sins and hoping they could pull themselves out of it, has decided to step in. He has sent His Seven Heavenly Virtues down to Earth to purge the world of the Seven Sins and restore peace, order and righteousness to a world soaked in sin. And yet the sins are very worthy adversaries and they already have many servants who follow them loyally.

The fate of the world rests on their shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The world is set in a futuristic time, but not to futuristic. The world has advanced some in technology and there is a lot more cities and very few spots that haven't been sucked into the city craze, but there aren't flying cars nor are there robots running around.

Weapons are advanced, but not by much. If you want to whip out a plasma gun go somewhere else. Contact me about more advanced weapons and I'll see if they meet the requirements, though I'm pretty laid back about that stuff.

There will be Seven Sins and Seven Virtues, but they are definitely not the only characters allowed. There can be humans who can see the otherworldly beings, those who can't, those who serve them and those who fight against them. Pretty much anyone, but there won't be anymore demons or angels unless you bring me a really good min-plot along with them. So please don't make a demon or angel without asking or I will have to ask you to change it.

Also no one can play a half demon half angel character. You can have interracial coupling, but unless you guys have a baby and you play the baby there will be no one who is a halfie.

The general story is the Seven Deadly Sins are fighting for territory on Earth with the Seven Heavenly Virtues. Their main enemies are those who are opposite them, for example Lust would mainly fight against Chastity since they are basically what the other hates. Of course that doesn't mean you are limited to fighting that person.

Rarely do the Sins come together since their all so temperamental, but the Virtues often do. This gives the Virtues a slight advantage since they could unite as one and defeat them in a group, but when they arrive on Earth they are all separated.

Also, just because the rest of the Sins don't usually get together doesn't mean they never see each other. Some can be good friends, lovers, whatever you want really as long as you come up with something with the other person. And they do often communicate, especially when they find out about the Virtues.

This is my first role play in FOG so please treat me kindly and I hope this gains some interest. :3

The Main Characters are:

Sins:
Lust- Madame Red/The Literate Angel
Gluttony- Sir Astor d'Artagnan/MoiraofWords
Greed- Desdemona (Desi) Avalance/ravenroses
Sloth- Acedius/medusaspath
Wrath-
Envy-
Pride-

Virtues:
Chastity-
Temperance-
Charity-
Diligence-
Patience-
Kindness- Amitiel "Ami" Feathers / Mitth
Humility-Selaphiel “Paul” Jennings/Squall Reyes

Other:
The Son of Chaos/Raptorman

Character Sheet:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Role:

History: {I'd like you to make sure to put where your currently at in the world.}

Skills:

Weapons:

Possessions:

Please enjoy and I hope that you like my idea. I'm also open to suggestions on how to make this better or if something should be changed. :3 I'll post my character sheet soon too.

Last edited by The Literate Angel on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:19 pm; edited 11 times in total
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

The Seven {In need of Virtues} Empty Re: The Seven {In need of Virtues}

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:27 pm

Looks as if it could be interesting. I would play the son of chaos but he doesn't exist based on the biblical references you are using. For the moment then I call. Pride.

Unless you say I can use Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:36 pm

Are you talking about Erebus? Also known as the god of Darkness? If so then I'm not so sure if I'm really willing to use him unless you can tell me how you plan on using him in this role play.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:42 pm

I did not know of the existence of that son of chaos. Sorry that was not the thing I was talking about. Mine is kind of similar to randall flagg.

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 pm

I wouldn't mind doing gluttony. This looks really cool Ms. Angel, and I could see it being awesome.

And that i'll have my char up within a time limit after I see yours as an example. If you'll have that.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:26 pm

That is perfectly alright. I'll have mine up soon. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenroses Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:40 pm

I would like to reserve Greed if no one else has laid claim without my seeing.
ravenroses
ravenroses
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:06 am

That's perfectly fine as well. :3 I will make sure to save it for you.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:07 pm

I'd like to reserve the first angel on here. Namely the virtue of humility. Which I have none of. So it should be fun. Very Happy
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:35 pm

Good to see you again Squall. I will definitely let you have Humility. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:29 am

Name: Scarlet Estali a.k.a. Madame Red

Appearance: The Seven {In need of Virtues} Be9028165bf160db70173862d0a44739

Personality: Scarlet likes to control others. She likes to bend them to her will and doesn't really like to be taken control of, unless its the right kind of person. Ever since she can remember all she ever really thinks about is how to ruin others with sex. She loves to watch people's lives fall around them because of her.

Sex is her nature and she can't think of having any other kind of relationship with others other then a sexual one. Love and hate mean nothing to her, simply words the pathetic humans use after a romp in the hay. She doesn't really know what these emotions are, all she knows is if she doesn't like someone.

Role: Lust

History: Scarlet lives in Moscow, Russia where she is the Madame to one of the most successful brothels in the world. She traveled the world in her early years on Earth, shortly before Christ was born, and brought sin along with her. Sodom was her first settling grounds and she influenced the town greatly until God sent his angels. She left shortly after they arrived, but not before sending everyone in the town to defile them.

She wandered more until she reached Rome where she settled for a time, creeping her way into the structure and corrupting the Holy and unholy alike, but she didn't stay long. For hundreds of years she simply wandered, taking up residence for short spurts of time before getting bored and moving on. Many followed her though, slaves to their own desires.

Finally Lust found a home in Moscow as the Madame to a brothel. There she sells, trades, defiles and degrades her willing slaves, and some unwilling, and makes quiet a profit from it. She is able to do as she pleases and her sin spreads throughout the country as well as the world now that the sins powers have grown. Her only annoyance is the Son of Chaos who keeps tabs on all the sins. She is about to be sent through a loop though when she realizes there is someone who isn't affected by her powers.

Skills: Sex, seduction, and control. As well as using a whip.

Weapons: Scarlet usually keeps a small horse whip with her that she uses for punishing her employees as well as a long sword, simple but with a red blade and black hilt, that lays unused in her room.

Possessions: Scarlet usually keeps her horse whip with her, a small pouch with sedatives and other drugs, and a small cell phone.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:39 am

Here is the CS for my character posted as requested.

Name: The Ageless stranger, The dread wanderer, legion, and many others.

Age: 1,000,000 years roughly. He isn't from earth or at least not this earth.

Race: For lack of a better term he is a quasi immortal but he was once similar to humans and he still can look like them.

Appearance: He is a tall man of no age. He has been reported dressed in all manner of things normally. However his most common guise is that of a hooded man with yellow eyes. He takes no care to hide his face which can also easily give him away to those who know who he is. His face is filled with dark hilarity a sort of hateful good cheer. Despite this he has been described as quite handsome though how anyone could tolerate looking upon his face without going mad is unknown. His robe typically is embroidered with strange symbols and glyphs. The meaning of these glyphs is unknown to all save himself but it has been speculated that these glyphs might hold the keys to understanding what he is. Occasionally right before those times he has seemed to die his form has shifted showing for brief instants a slithering writhing mass of hissing shadows each seeming to speak with it's own voice.

Personality: He is crazy but in not in the way that easily is visible. One must peal their way down through layers of illusions and power to get a glimpse of what his mind really looks like. But those who have looked upon his face and seen what he is have described him as soulless. Not a soul but a sense of humor. He is prone to sudden bursts of rage and spasms of laughter. He transitions from these states so fluidly that it is uncertain if he is actually feeling these emotions or if he is manipulating those who see him. He seems to have no goal but the complete and total anarchy of the world. He has the goal of someday rebuilding the world after he has destroyed it. Or if he finds a suitably evil nation he can manipulate to his specifications.

role: Son of Chaos, right hand of satan

Biography: He was sent to earth in 500 A.D. to bring chaos to world at the order of his master to whom he is the right hand of.

His earliest certain appearance in this world took place in 500 A.D. Near the collapse of the roman empire a rumor began to circulate of one who fought against it. The barbarian hordes spoke of a man who had united them all in the destruction of the romans a man who seemed to come from nothing. A man with a face that drove the strongest willed men insane. In the final sack of Rome a hooded man was recorded fleeing the emperor's palace right before the hordes arrived. Then he disappeared again from europe for a while reappearing periodically to aid in the destruction of empires that began to grow up again. He never lead himself always being the voice that gave advice that whispered in the shadows. Then he was caught and supposedly killed when he was not quick enough to escape from a set of events he set into motion.

He appeared again this time in central america. Where he aided the aztecs in their rise to power. He was the one behind many of the cruelest procedures they practiced. Among them human sacrifice and the constant unending wars between them and their subjects. He set the Aztecs up to fall as his advice only served to bring them closer to destruction and total anarchy. Then the spaniards arrived and ruined his plans. They brought the aztecs down but into a new empire and the anarchy he had been building for centuries was prevented. He though had sensed the spaniards and so had simply faded away when they arrived leaving only a vague memory in the aztecs of a being that had given them advice for centuries only to vanish.

[Skipping some time here sorry]
He gave the serbian nationalists the idea to assassinate the Arch Duke of Austria hungary igniting world war 1. Later after the flames of the war had finally failed he came back into the ruins of war torn germany and found an absolute gem for himself. He found hitler and gave him guidance and aided in his rise to power. He fostered the hatred of the jews in hitler and eventually Hitler took over germany creating the third reich. He aided the crazy man in nearly conquering the world along with the other axis powers and then as he almost always did he pulled a quick fade right as berlin fell to the soviets.

He was highly active in the United states during the second half of the 20th century. He gave advice to thousands of militant groups of radicals in the nation much of his advice leading to most unsettling acts of violence and many speeches he wrote and gave to those who would speak incited riots and acts of violence. He Gave nixon the advice that lead to the watergate scandal and slipped away when things got messy.

At this time he is currently manipulating radicals in the United states still. Up till now he has largely left the sins alone as they and his mission only overlapped slightly but now with the arrival of the virtues he views it as his duty to his master to aid them in destroying the virtues. Because after all sinning humans are far easier to manipulate then virtuous ones

Powers:
Insane will- Looking upon his face for more than a few moments time will drive ordinary beings mad. This requires he be actively attempting to drive them mad.

SuperHuman strength- He is far stronger than a normal person and can break a man like a twig.

Snakes tongue- When he speaks people want to listen to what he says. He has an appeal to the worst in all people and that can be twisted by him to make people serve him or at least follow his suggestions.

Technokinesis- He can mentally control technology.

The Eye- The eye is a part of him he can send out that can view the world. It takes time for the eye to travel but it can move very fast or very slow depending on his will. The eye cannot see everything and much is veiled to it. Though it still is highly useful.

Energy manipulation- He can manipulate energy. He can cast bolts of lighting, summon fire and things like that. His energy manipulation is nothing special but it can be rather powerful if used correctly and he has had a long time to hone it.

Lord of shadows- He is more powerful at night and in the darkness he calls home.

Reset- Every time he would die he instead disappears completely and without a trace. He will show up again but normally not in the same place though if he was really ticked off he might come back for revenge. For the most part though he views things like this. After a reset he just goes somewhere else since he already tried there once. Note he only considers it a reset if he died not if he had to back out. Before he would die though you get a brief glimpse of what he really is in truth.

Weaknesses:
He is proud and arrogant never dreaming he could fail and when he does it always comes as a shock. The only reason he has ever died against mere humans is that he never believes they can threaten him or his plans not really. This is his major flaw and it is the reason he has fallen on multiple occasions.

After he resets he is far weaker then he normally is and takes several days to regain his strength. He also awakens disoriented and confused though that normally wears off quickly. It takes several days before he resets and so is almost entirely gone for that time.

Since he is a creature of shadows and darkness light weakens him. He is also vulnerable to holy and light based magic. Though he can fight against it with his own.

He could be forced to reset simply by getting hit by a very lucky shot with a bullet. Though shooting him is hard because he can screw the guns ability to shoot up.

Weapons- His disdains mortal weapons viewing them as inferior and pathetic ways of combat. He fights with his own power. This can occasionally result in his temporary reseting and absence from the active world.

Possessions- His clothing that never seems to change or grow old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:10 am

Hm...

Would I possibly be able to reserve the Virtue of Patience? I would very much like to play it. =)
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenroses Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:20 pm

Name: Desdemona (Desi) Avalance

Age: Looks 24. Really? Lost track somewhere around 15,000 years.

Appearance: Desdemona stands at 5'4" but she will always wear heels of some form. Usually they would be boots with heels. She has reddish-brown hair that falls just past her shoulders. It is styled any way that she feels is best for the day. It will be curly one day and straight the next, short one day and long the next. She's extremely picky about her looks except for her skin. She takes pride in her pale color. Her style of clothing varies quite often too but she prefers skirts, corsets and dark colors. She is willing to shed those for any matter she needs to attend to.

Personality: As her role denotes, Desi is a greedy person. She believes that she should have it all: men, cars, houses, jewelery and the finest clothing money can buy. She also wants the money. She is very picky. Anything she possesses now grows old and tired within a few days, sometimes spanning a matter of a week. She will use anybody and talk to anybody as long as it helps her get her way. She generally throws away people like she throws away a piece of clothing she wore once.

Role: Greed

History: Throughout time, Desdemona was able to worm her way into the hearts of princes, dukes, earls, anybody who had power in society. Once she was mistress or the wife of the house, she got closer to him by controlling him. He would be the face and she would be the mastermind. It was all a part of her plot to get him to get her anything she wanted. It also made her happy to know that she was in charge.

After sometime and the dawn of the new era, Desi wondered through Europe until she was ready to come to the New World. She traveled across the seas and settled in current day Massachusetts. She took part in the Witch Trials. She stood back and watched as the society pulled itself apart. Eventually, she was able to persuade some able bodies to start a revolution. Thus, the United States of America was born. She hopped that she would be able to take control of the country once her "friends" made it to the top. Unfortunately, they only wanted her for her body and not her ability to control. She threw them off to the side and she moved on.

She stayed within the States and wandered. She corrupted most and conned others to give up their money for bigger better things. When the Great Depression hit, she fled the country and went back to Europe. She settled in England and tried to make nice with the higher ups in Parliament. She stayed there to this day where she lives in a manor outside of London. She rules over one of the nearby towns and keeps an eye on them. In reality, she runs the town like a feudal lord; taking tax money and giving little to nothing in return.

Skills: Power of persuasion. Hypnosis- she can capture a person's gaze and get them to do anything she asks. She is also a trained fighter in many types of blades and hand-to-hand combat.

Weapons: A pearl encrusted pistol that sits in a holster on her hip. The bullets are silver plated. She only ever uses it when she is very desperate. She also carries two daggers for backup in sheaths on her wrists.

Possessions: In her mind, she owns the world. At least, soon enough she hopes to have as much of it as possible. Currently, she owns a town and everything (everyone) in it.
ravenroses
ravenroses
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:19 am

Great profiles, I'm looking forward to the rest of your profiles. :3

And Kaedi you are welcome to reserve Patience.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Character Sheet:

Name: Sir Astor d'Artagnan

Appearance: Astor only wears the most classy clothing. He is at a loss without a suit. His hair is black and tamed by the most infamous hair-dressers-- the style changing once every month. An elegant cane is part of the ensemble, with many hidden compartments. On top of the sculpted hair lies a white fedora, in the style of the 1960's. If there was one thing those American's did well, it was a fedora.

Personality: Everything to excess-- that is how Astor lives. He hosts lash, elaborate parties to match Gatsby's own. His champagne glasses? The size of a modem in length. The gluttonous man spends money as thrifty as he wants and then some more. Embezzling money from various companies is one of his past times, as is dating thirty women at once.

His goal is to be doing as much as possible with as much time as possible. It isn't a matter of how long to do something, it is to do it to excess. Drinking? He'll out drink you. Smoking? He'll have lung cancer within a fortnight.

If there is a luxurious activity, it will be done and done to the limit of the fanatically rich, over and over again.

Role: Gluttony

History: Astor currently lives in France, as it was his favorite place to be within the current world. But his origins were much earlier, at the beginning of man. Whenever there was more than enough, he would appear just long enough to befriend the group and make sure it was used up. As soon as the excess was gone, so was Astor, and none were the wiser.

One of the first places he stopped by was Greece. He enjoyed the elaborate parties there, as he did when it was the Roman's time to rule. Of course, Astor also made sure to visit the Mongolians-- no one threw a party and wanted more like a Mongolian. It was his desire that made Ghenghis Khan want to go further and capture all of China. Encouraging words about all the wonders can go a far way.

And as time went on, he would appear, using just enough to waste. But the modern times were his favorite times. If there was a company starting up, he made sure to join it. Over the years he siphoned some money out of most every company or business that has ever been. This money is used for anything that he wants, and funds any of the games he plays. His home is overly luxurious-- he can only eat the most refined and pure food. He travels from home to home, depending on what the current mood of his entourage is. But the motive is clear. Eat, party, drink. Do until there is no more--- and there is always more coming.

Skills:
Super strong- To be able to do such activities for such durations of time requires amazing stamina and strength.

Lessened Rationality- Those that are near him won't be as practical in manners of thriftiness or frugality-- excess is the only way.

Gluttony- Well, he can eat anything and everything (even if he chooses otherwise). That which he has eaten over the years has remained within his stomach, and can be accessed occasionally, if only for a short time.

Weapons: A serrated sword within the cane.

Possessions:
Within the cane, is a sword. The sword has a compartment which contains a serrated dagger. At the other end of the cane, is a compartment that has a spoon, a knife, and a fork.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:21 pm

Looks good. I love the way you portray Gluttony, not just some one who likes a lot of food. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:00 pm

Character Sheet:

Name: Selaphiel “Paul” Jennings

Appearance: The Seven {In need of Virtues} Blessed_are_the_humble_by_scarlettfoxx

Personality: As his role suggest Paul is a man who does not exaggerate and even down plays the many spectrum's of his life. He is a well off business man, who continually drives his old 98 Civic while traveling coach to the various business trips he goes on. He makes it a point to say “please” and “thank you”. Something he’s noticed has been missing from many humans vocabularies lately. He has slowly been losing faith with humanity, because one of the great entrapment's of the humble is doubt. However he is very faithful to his Lord and believes that God has created a creature that can overcome any of its shortcomings.

Role: Humility

History: Selaphiel has spent most of his days in heaven on God’s side. Being one of the God 7 Archangels he has butted head many times with the minions of Satan, including the 7 sins. He has had a long history with his opposite, Pride. He has given man the strength and the courage to receive and achieve great heights of power, but make rational and correct decisions though his skill in showing man the beginnings and the role they play in the larger picture of their fallow man.

However for the last 100 years, Selaphiel has been among the ranks of the man under the much less grand title of Paul. He had come toward God with the case that since the sins had been pushing much hard in the work of man that the angels themselves should also take root within the flock to quickly chase off the wolves instead of trying to clean up the mess when the wolves had left. God well aware of Selaphiel's coming request gave him permission to go amongst his children.

Since that day Paul has moved from country to country, his looks coinciding with the age of the human he is suppose to be portraying. So far he has gone through 4 lives, in 4 countries and 4 different professions and disguises. Currently he is in his 5th human form and living in New York, NY, but his trips take him through out the world. While on trips he also takes the time to combat any dark forces he comes across. This week he is landing in Moscow, Russia hoping to convince a budding business to join his employers company. While he's there, he might get to handle some business of his own.

Skills:
Pros: Thanks to his millennium’s worth of knowledge Paul is among the wisest and intelligent beings in the universe. He’s also is very powerful, but due to be humble he rarely uses all his power.

Cons: He has and never will use the full extent of his powers.

Weapons: His power allows him fight without any weapons, using his hands as powerful hammers to bring demons down to the knees and back to hell. However in his briefcase he keeps Kevlar laced gloves allowing him to take on sword wielders.

Possessions: Always a professional business man, he keeps a briefcase with the daily sheets, cell phone, and his Kevlar gloves.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:24 am

Looking good. If we can get at least two more virtues than I will put up the IC and we can all start. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by medusaspath Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:34 pm

This is a really awesome idea.

I really like the idea of playing the sin of Sloth...it's a toughie to work out though. For some reason I'm really drawn to playing that one.

I guess I'm asking if I could reserve it. Unless you would prefer to leave it open and choose whichever bio you like best, should someone else post for it as well.

I'll try to have something up soon.
medusaspath
medusaspath
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.dissonantmotif.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:53 pm

You can reserve it. I'm not to picky. Post your profile whenever you like, I'm looking forward to it. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by medusaspath Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:35 am

I totally didn't expect to have this done tonight but I have less of a life than I thought. Anyway. Here is my Sloth character.

Name: Acedius

Appearance: Acedius is around 6'1", but may appear slightly shorter due to his perpetual slouch. He is lanky and appears to be more toned than he really is because he has very little body fat. He would probably appear emaciated if not for the little tone he has. He is pale, and his eyes are dark, almost black. They appear vacant, but in their depths lies a self awareness and insidious evil that betrays this vacant appearance. His face is long and angular, as is his nose. His lips are wide and thin, usually parted as most of his body parts are usually slack. His light grey hair is unkempt, disheveled, and somewhat shaggy. He appears to have the appearance of a deadbeat young druggie, dressing in drab street clothes. He blends in the poor, the impoverished, and the bad seeds of society.

Personality: As his sin implies, Acedius is the personification of apathy. His very nature welcomes all sorts of entropy and chaos, but none of it is directly caused by him. He wouldn't lift a finger to cause it; it is instead caused by his complete disinterest in all forms of institutions, order, structure, and active lifestyles. He is the loner, the careless, and the disillusioned. He represents the broken soul of a man who has been reduced to complete absence of empathy, human emotion, and motivation. His essence resides in anyone who feels too numb to even be bored, too numb to even feel negative emotions like wrath, bitterness, or envy, and too numb to relish in revenge or vindication. The only inkling of planned action and direction on his part is the aspect of him that is tied to Satan's will, and that will see fit to deaden the heart of even the most vibrant and involved man. Acedius may experience -very- fleeting bouts of emotion, but they are shallow, and evaporate as quickly as a puddle would in the Sahara. Perhaps these semblance of feelings are instilled by Satan himself, to provide even the slightest reason behind Acedius's doings.

Role: Sloth

History: Anywhere there has been depression, lack of motivation, and a general stagnance in a civilization's history, Acedius has been there. Anywhere where there is chaos and disorder due to lack of organized control, Acedius has been known to calmly stride in the midst of it all, smoking a cigarette and existing as the unlikely indifferent hub of the all the surrounding disarray. Since the times of Christ, his prolonged presence and infiltration in an area has slowly but insidiously spread a bleak cloud over the spirits of the people. Acedius operates with the gangs, the druggies, the poor, and anyone else who has a reason to give up. The closer a persons spirits are to breaking, the easier it is for Acedius to affect them. His effect has not only been the cause of a drab, uninspired people, but violence and crime that stems from the inability to bring oneself out of ones squalor.

Acedius currently resides in New York City, where there is no end to corrupt, violent youth who just don't give a shit.

Other things of note: He has maintained the same form, but has just changed attire to blend in with the times.
(Okay, I'm totally blanking on all history. I really can't think of any historical examples to provide some kind depiction of his sloth effect. If anybody has any ideas and would like to help me elaborate on this section, feel free to let me know. Thanks!)

Skills: Acedius can drain a persons spirits. Depending on the person, it is either relatively easy or a challenge. His mere presence has an effect, as well as his verbal manipulation. His effect varies, and may be more drastic on one person than another. He has a very strong sense of how people are feeling and what they're thinking. It's a sort of twisted empathic ability where their emotions will flood him, but he somehow still remains the impassive observer. It's a means to let him see the best way to work his will on anyone. While his effect may induce a lack of any productivity and resolve in a person, it could also enhance any of their destructive habits, such as violence or addiction, leaving their negative traits alone to fester and consume them.

Weapons: Being that he is a sin and a product of Satan, Acedius will naturally far exceed the physical skills of any human. The only time he will use these skills is he is provoked, and he will never do more than necessary. He doesn't carry a weapon because he doesn't need one. He may use one if it makes things simpler if it's readily available. Again, this is against humans. I don't know if he would be fighting any sins or other immortal beings, but if that is the case, I would imagine he would be at a disadvantage. His only advantage in that situation is that he probably cares less about the situation than someone like Wrath would. However, apathy doesn't completely eliminate pain, so he would still care somewhat, hehe.

Possessions: A cigarette that is either smoked or behind his ear, a cell phone, and various drugs at any time.

This one was tough because it's hard to work with a character who's basic essence is "I don't give a shit" lol. It'll be a challenge to make him a little more complex than that without betraying the nature of his sin. I tried hard to make the way he affects people make sense, so if it seems at all convoluted or strange, just let me know. I have a tendency to try to reason things to the last itty bitty detail, but usually they just work themselves out in the RP. I can be a bit neurotic.
medusaspath
medusaspath
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.dissonantmotif.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:22 am

I actually love the Sloth you have created! He seems to ring true to his character, at least from what I can tell, and I look forward to seeing him in action, or lack of action, in the IC. I can't really think of any instances where Sloth caused a major catastrophe or anything like that, but I'm sure someone out there might know. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:09 pm

So we are going to get this whole thing on a roll when we get at least two more virtues. :3 Of course anyone is welcome to take on another character, but I would like to limit it to two. Also you don't have to play another virtue, that's just what we need before I get the IC up. So hurry up. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm very sorry guys, but I must regretfully resign from this roleplay. School and life are just way too busy right now for more than one or two roleplays, and since I really haven't done anything in this one, I decided to pull out before it was too late.

Again, I'm very sorry. Best of luck to all of you.
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:16 pm

That's perfectly alright Kaedi. Thank you for letting me know.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Oooo, I definitely want to join! A virtue, yes, but which, hmm..... *ponders*

Name: Amitiel "Ami" Feathers

Appearance:
The Seven {In need of Virtues} Ami

Personality: Should you question her colleagues, you'll probably imagine Ami a reserved, always smiling, young lady--optimist would be the word that comes to mind. However, if you ever get the chance to actually speak with her, you'd see there's much more. The first thing you might notice is her expressiveness: the way her emerald eyes glitter and gleam with curiosity or dim and darken with empathy. Or, you might notice her modesty, that self-effacing apology ever present in the docile dip of her head, or her heartfelt pats, sympathetic and genuinely concerned. Throughout the conversation, you'll be showered with amiable smiles and affable nods, never rushed, even if she has somewhere else to be.

Now, if you happen to find one of her familiars--a former class partner, a trusted companion, or her ardent students--they'll assure you, with a rather devious grin, that Ami's actually full of "sneaky mischief" (as in she'll charm her way into helping you out, or coax the bad news out of you) and subtle humor. You'll hear at least one or two of the self-sacrifices she's made for them, may it be going out of her way for extra work or staying up late nights helping her students understand concepts. Ask her about such doings and she'll humbly say it was nothing, really.

When it comes to malice, she'll turn the other cheek and forgive when it's requested. Kindness and self-sacrifice, are her hallmarks. One might say she has a pretty soft heart.

Role: Kindness

History:
Having spent most of her celestial time just beyond God's Throne, singing His praises, Amitiel was one of the Cherubim, guardian to the Light and the stars. To those sky gazers, whether in momentary desperation or unwavering devotion, she brought wonder and, oftentimes, hope. As the artificial lights of a deteriorating society began to veil those of Heaven, turning terrestrial virtues to festering vices and empathy into a legend of the past, she was deployed to combat the earthly atrophy below.

With a bit of string pulling, Ami (as is her earthly alias-to-be) is told her assimilation into the human population won't be too terribly painful, being provided with a profession she should enjoy while rekindling the hope and sympathy in the hearts of the future generation: teaching.

Skills: Sympathy, compassion, and (what else?) kindness. As opposed to fighting fire with fire, Ami prefers water: through a calming effect her voice appears to naturally possess, she may dispel angers, fears, as well as invoke empathy. She is great at helping others, understanding their plights if given the chance, and soothing their turmoil. Her dedication and altruism is prone to set shining examples for others to follow.

Weapons: A rapier of Light, incapable of dealing tissue damage, which she rarely uses.

Possessions: Her books and whatever's in her bookbag (usually papers, chalk, whiteboard markers, other office/teaching supplies, and a laptop).

Last edited by Mitth on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed the profile)
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:10 am

I can't speak for angel but this looks just fine to me. Aside from the minor fact that the only virtue already on earth is humility. You would be just arriving now.

Other than that it looks good. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:39 am

Oops, really? I'll change that...when I'm more coherent in the morning and able to process what the heck I'm doing information. ^_^;

Hmm, so the virtues are just arriving now except for Humility? I guess that makes for easier "history" writing, and more rp for orienting oneself.
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Thank you Raptor. Yeah the only Virtue on Earth right now is Humility. Sorry for the confusion. And yes your profile looks great. I look forward to role playing with you.

Also I finished the IC Woot! Sorry it took so long. I had some real life issues I had to deal with that kept me away. I'll be pming all of you just to remind you. Here is the link. :3

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/casual-role-playing-f12/the-seven-still-accepting-t1654.htm

Also I don't expect you all to write as much as I did. I just kind of went crazy with it. Also I do not support prostitution, child prostitution, slavery of any kind or human trafficking. I just thought it would be good if my character did.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: