FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal

Go down

Portal Empty Portal

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm familiar with forumactif software (one of my school's student clubs uses these pbp forums for their own work) and I know that admins have the option to activate a Portal page where users can see the latest posts of a particular forum (like the News and Announcements for instance) and also have quick access to several "widgets" (like a login widget, which displays your avatar and number of posts after logging in), a forum statistics widget (number of posts, threads, etc,), a top posters widget, and many more that you customize yourself (as an administrator). I think a Portal page would be cool to have whenever we visit the site. You can also draw more attention to the chat box by embedding it directly in the Portal. This would encourage more rapid communication and keep spam out of the OOC forums when FOG gets more members.

Just a suggestion of course. Nod

Last edited by Agenda on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Portal Empty Re: Portal

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:11 pm

I have messed around with the Portal option before (since I've made other message boards through Forumotion, like this one), and I've never actually been very fond of them. Since we are going to be using a different chat room rather than the one at the bottom too now, that won't make a difference either. All the information that can be seen in the Portal is already veiwable on the message board, so I've never really seen much point to it. That's just my opinion though.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down