FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal 2

+2
Squall Reyes
Fate Flyer
6 posters

Go down

Portal 2 Empty Portal 2

Post by Fate Flyer Thu May 05, 2011 10:39 am

Do we have any other Portal fans here? Smile I haven't had a lot of time to play it since I got the game because of work and being gone every weekend, but I'm on Chapter 8 right now. I can't wait to see what happens next!

I was sent these two things recently that you guys might enjoy...

http://vimeo.com/22804972
This one I want terribly! So adorable. Aww

https://i.imgur.com/Fdfmk.jpg
And this was pretty funny. Makes sense - capturing wild Pokemon and putting them into Pokeballs? Kinda evil...
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Portal 2 Empty Re: Portal 2

Post by Squall Reyes Thu May 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Come now Fate who ISN'T a Portal 2 fan!

My wife and I are eagerly awaiting for the little turrets to be for sale so we can keep it facing the door. At all times. (Just try and get close to that baby - Your funeral. Cave Johnson. We're done here.)

Chapter 8? Very Happy Very nice. Things believe it or not, only get better from there. And I will not spoil anything of what's to come. Have fun with the rest of the game Fate.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu May 05, 2011 1:31 pm

I've been watching some of the walkthroughs on YouTube. The game is absolutely hilarious! Never thought some game developer would be smart enough to combine both kick-assness and comedy. Very Happy
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Haha, good point, Squall. :] I want my own customized turret too ^_^ It wouldn't be creepy for visitors at all...

I look forward to unraveling more of the story soon. I'm really anxious to see what happens, since right now Wheatley is in control (Wheatley Laboratories lol).

Oh, that's a good idea to watch the game on YouTube if you don't own it yourself, Ghost Writer. Right!? Agreed.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu May 05, 2011 4:20 pm

I mostly do it to see if I want to spend 50 bucks on a game I know little about. I never watch the entire walkthroughs, just the beginnings and ends usually. I don't mind spoilers, I just play for the entertainment and challenges. So far the game looks like it has some unorthodox puzzles; some far more challenging than what Tomb Raider has been able to put out over their decade of a franchise. And Portal 2 definitely takes the cake on graphics and advanced sprites. I wonder what engine they're using... Unreal? Not sure, but I'll find out soon enough.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu May 05, 2011 4:42 pm

That's a really smart idea, actually. Smile That makes a lot of sense. Yeah, unfortunately games any more are just really expensive. But, I guess it's like that with all things. (Ahem, gas. Gah, $4.50 here! Ridic...)

Portal 2 definitely has a lot of challenging yet rewarding puzzles, I must say. Solving them always gives you that feeling like, "Ohhhh. It's easy! ...Yet difficult at the same time." Graphically, it also is pleasing to the eye as well, I agree.

That's a good question about the engine. When I made games in college, we only used the Unreal Engine, so that's the only one I'm personally familiar with, but I couldn't tell you which games use which engine. I'm less techy and more artsy hehe.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Thu May 05, 2011 5:24 pm

As another who's had some experience with game design. (More spectator than anything since I was mostly the audio guy.) I would say that since it's a Valve game, I would be comfortable guessing that they used the good ol Source engine. Since rumor is they won't show off their new engine one till their next title. (Please god be Half Life 3.)

And I agree, it is always best to know if the game is worth your money or not before you buy it. I had a little system in the city before when Blockbuster was still around. I would rent the game if I think it can go either way with me or I was unsure of it's quality. Then if I liked it enough I would gladly put in more money for a job well done.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu May 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Portal 2 fan here, yessiree!! cheers
I haven't played it yet, but I may get to soon. Wink

I'll be so GLaD!! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 06, 2011 12:48 am

Yep, you're right, Squall! Source is the engine. My boyfriend (also a big Half-Life fan) just told me.

Aww, hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on it soon, Kalon. Haha, oh indeed! ;]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri May 06, 2011 2:59 am

Portal 2 = awesome game.

Finished it myself, and it was worth the money. Sure, a few puzzles made my head hurt (I'm Quaker, I'm supposed to bash stuff, not solve puzzles Razz ) The humor in it definitely kept me going ^^

Have fun going through it!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri May 06, 2011 5:55 am

Honestly I'd be happy just watching the story or even borrowing the game. I'll probably be able to play it through my library connections, since I run the games-at-the-library program for teens. Hehehe. We have Xboxes and even a PS3, and stuff. ^^ I recommended we order the PS3 version. Wink

Still, worse case scenario, I can always borrow or watch on Youtube, and that's totally good enough for me, in a pinch, especially since so much of it is the story anyway. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed May 11, 2011 8:30 pm

I want to play Portal 2 so badly. ): But unfortunately, it's still out of my price range...Though I'm working on it.

I think I still have the first one on Steam, but I haven't actually been able to figure out how to play it yet.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down