FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dresden Files feeling for a Casual Rp?

4 posters

Go down

Dresden Files feeling for a Casual Rp? Empty Dresden Files feeling for a Casual Rp?

Post by Digital Muse Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Because there was a fair amount of interest in the One on One based on the Dresden Files I’d posted, I have decided to make it a casual RP. So here goes:
It’s a night like any other; people come home from work, have dinner and watch TV. Maybe head to the pub to have a few with their friends. Nothing at all odd in that. Or is there? In this RP, we’re giving a heavy nod to the world created by Jim Butcher in the Dresden Files. The setting is the modern day and it has all the same technology that we do. However, Magic, Magical beasts, myths and legends are all true. They live alongside Humans. The thing is that most humans aren't aware of their supernatural neighbors. Those that do know about them, regard them in many ways. Some are fascinated, some have no opinions and others are extremely prejudiced against them. Every nation’s government has a task force, similar to Interpol who police the supernatural called The Knights. They also have a subdivision dedicated particularly to managing and policing any individual possessing and using Magical abilities. Those individuals are watched and monitored almost excessively due to the range and destructive abilities they might control.

You can play a human or any mythical beast or creature you can think of. But, be aware, if you don’t blend in, you will have a little trouble with attitudes and might want to stick in your own neighborhoods.

One note: Vampires cannot be older than 150 years and Magic users will be strictly watched plus have the added disadvantage of having ordinary technology go wonky anytime they’re near; cell phones get static, light bulbs burn out, TVs? Not gonna happen. Ever your car will hate you on a regular basis. Ask if you have questions about what we will or won’t allow.

Lastly, we will be basing this in the city of London, but it’s not exactly the same as in our world. The basics are the same, but exact streets may be different. In other words, it’s my world…it can be different if I say so.

This is going to be run by me and M4Minion. We can both answer any questions you have.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Dresden Files feeling for a Casual Rp? Empty Re: Dresden Files feeling for a Casual Rp?

Post by Gunneh Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:54 pm

Calling a wizard, Muse darling ^_^ I'll have a sheet up soon
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Dresden Files feeling for a Casual Rp? Empty Re: Dresden Files feeling for a Casual Rp?

Post by Digital Muse Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:07 am

Right then....the OOC

Disappeared in London - OOC
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:30 pm

I love Jim Butcher's writing. What kind of character report should I put up for this?

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Here is the OOC that Digital Muse and I set up for this rp. There are a couple of good examples of character sheets listed there, along with some wiki pages for ideas as to what kind of creature you might want to play. We will pretty much allow any mythical creature, or something from a well known, classic fiction. Just fill out the information on the list below, and if you have any questions, please feel free to PM either Digital Muse, or myself. Thanks for the interest!

Name:
Age: (not under 17 and not over 150; unless you’re really a good salesman)
Race: (Human, Werewolf, Vampire, Magic User, Fae, etc.).
Appearance: (Picture or physical descriptions are fine)
Personality:(Include attitudes towards other Preternaturals and Humans)
Powers: (Wizards, Witches, Mages, require an enormous amount of time to perform magic. Keep it reasonable).
Bio:
File:This is optional EXCEPT for any magic-user. Does your character have a file with The Knights? Have they had a run-in with the Preternatural law before? Are they still being watched?

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down