FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+59
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Raven
Blackrock
Skitzo-phrenick
Tartra
Lonewalker
YenWen
xraineyesx
wakeangel
SpaceWheeler2.0
Guilty Carrion
World Traveler
Descent
Silvan Arrow
Ominous Flare
Attie
Julian
Shadow Moonseye
Cypher
Ethereal
Acid Varrakin
Sunwolf007
Kalaam
Scarlet_Rivers
Frozen
ImmortalSin
MoiraofWords
Bad Kitty
Gunneh
Misery
6billionghosts
Loki
osacredxo
Sighlent
Gabe
Inerio
Regicidal
Dio the Awesome
Digital Muse
Crain_S
Igraine
The Melancholy Spirit
Eternity
Shades Of Gray
LunarScorpio
Lara
Kaito
cdawgg
Anemone
Kædai
Hello Danger
Kiru Naka
Kalon Ordona II
Weiss
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
63 posters

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 14 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Loki Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:46 am

affraid No

So much fail...
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Guys, have you ever seen anything other than High School Musical that had Zac Efron? He's actually a decent actor. Just because Disney is familiar with him and chose him to be the next Spider-Man doesn't mean he'll do a terrible job. Honestly, according to that magazine article, Efron's the best choice of the bunch who had their names dropped for it.

Besides, it's not even factual at this point. They're just making guesses, and Tobey Maguire himself recommended Efron. Stop bitching.

I complain that association causes people to be incredibly closed minded. :: sighs ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:56 am

I complain that I can't seem to find anywhere to relax anymore. People frustrate me so much at times.

If you want to see what I mean, just check this conversation out. I'm Proxii by the way, RazzleDazzle is a good friend of mine, d4rkLOVESpink was the person who created the thread and VanessaCarlton is a user that I have never spoken to before. I just pasted from where I came into the discussion. The starter of the thread was just having a bit of a rant about how she was sick of hearing the people in her house complain about stupid things.

Spoiler:

Oh and regarding this whole Spiderman debacle... I've seen Zac Efron in other movies and just plain don't like the guy. I'll hire the dvd out, maybe. But I don't think I'll be paying to see the new Spiderman in cinemas if he's going to be Peter Parker.

That's just me. Aww
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:39 pm

I complain that cheating almost seems acceptable these days. This guy asked me out, and I decided not to go out with him. I have a boyfriend who I love, and I even told him that. He proceeded to let me know that it didn't matter that I had a boyfriend, that we could have a good time anyway. Ugh...

I also complain that I don't get DSL until the 11th. ^;_;^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:28 pm

People suck. And hey, at least you're getting DSL. Be happy! Laughing

I complain about a new(ish) term that is really, really starting to to get to me. Guyliner. I hate this, so much. It is just a guy wearing eyeliner, nothing special, nothing new. Why the hell do these Hollywood, fashion idiots have to give all of these ridiculous terms to things?
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Wait... Is Guyliner the term for the eyeliner that guys wear, or is it used to describe the guy who is wearing the make-up? Such as, "That guy from American Idol is such a guyliner!" To me, it seems stupid to call the guy himself a guyliner... It makes more sense to call the eyeliner by that term... I have never heard it until now, but I will also never use it...

I complain that my car doors were frozen shut when I got off work. Because of this, I used my metal water bottle to loosen the ice ((by banging around the seams of the door)), and I guess doing that must have opened it a little. When I got home, I realized that the majority of its contents had leaked all over my passenger seat and my book. Thank goodness I only drink water, and thank goodness it wasn't full! ^;_;^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:17 am

Just a term referring to the eyeliner itself; but I still think it is ridiculous. It isn't any kind of special eyeliner or anything, just eyeliner worn by a guy. There is nothing significant about it or anything. It just seems like a way to make it sound more acceptable, which is just… ugh.

I complain about how hard it is to get the cd’s for certain bands… or even trying to find it online at all.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:24 am

Well, that's dumb. If they really want to use the term, some company should create a makeup line made specifically for guys to suit their skin or whatever... Until then, I refuse to acknowledge it as a real word.

I complain about the Ladder Theory. Every time I try to debunk it, I only end up proving it's right. Why can't guys have female friends with whom they don't want to have sex? ^;_;^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:31 am

Indeed; which is why it annoys me whenever I hear people using it. Meh.

Wait... I have female friends I don't want to have sex with...

I complain that our ISP is being exceedingly lame as of late. That and Kathryn is getting DSL soon while I'm stuck on this slow, archaic method! Heheh
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:50 am

Are you sure? One of the points made by the Ladder Theory was this:

The Ladder Theory: Yes, Virginia wrote:Many women want to argue this point and say things like " I have lots of guy friends." Maybe. There are exactly 3 cases Intellectual Whores has identified whereby a guy and a girl can be friends:

1. The guy is gay
2. The guy does not find you attractive
3. The guy already has a woman much higher than you on the ladder

Even Nietzsche knew this. Most guys know this intuitively. Most girls doubt. I have a challenge for all of you girls who still doubt. Pick a guy who does not meet any of the criterion on the above list that you think is your friend. Then ask yourself this question: If you were both alone at his place one night, and you excused yourself to the bathroom and came out naked and asked him to have sex with you would he:

1. Tell you he doesn't want to risk the beautiful friendship you have created with messy physical entanglements.

2. Comply.

Anyway, yeah. Ladder Theory sucks... but yeah...

I complain that I'm cold, and it's snowing outside. Snow = Fail!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:04 am

Yes, I am %100 sure.

I complain that the bracelet I 'made' from a string of beads from my curtain is slowly falling apart. No
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Oh, I forgot to say that I won't forget you when I get DSL! :: pats ::

I complain that my family is... eerie... My brother died on a Sunday the 17th, and my mother died on the only Sunday the 17th that occurred after that. My brother obviously went first of his own volition, but my mother had cancer, so it's not like she was controlling her time of death. It's weeeeird.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Ah, how sweet of you! ~chuckles~

I complain that it is a weird feeling when you get out of the shower and the puppy starts licking your nipple while your trying to put wood in the stove...
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:24 pm

One of the few times I open this thread and I'm reading something about puppies licking nipples.... O_o

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:51 pm

I... have never had that experience. I cover my nipples before I leave the bathroom... Of course... a kitten once tried to nurse me through my shirt... That was quite strange...

I complain that my router won't work with my computer and my DSL, so I have to get a new one. Bleh...

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:00 am

What an odd, interesting conversation. ^^
The world we live in... such odd, interesting things happen every day. xD

Well hey, to stay on topic, I really should find something to complain about, eh? ^^ Lessee...
I complain that... *looks around the room* ...that there are only TWO Sharpie Accent yellow highlighters left in the package of FOUR.

...does that count? Laughing

Ok fine. How about...
I complain that I'm staying up late again. <.< >.>
^^

Edit:
as if in mockery, my watch JUST chimed the hour. It is 1am. Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Acid Varrakin Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:18 am

Complaints? Here's one:

Insomnia. Sucks. Balls.

My eyes feel as though some malignant child is burning through them with a magnifying glass. The lids are heavier than my ex-girlfriend's handbag. My vision fades in and out like a kalidoscope in a maelstrom. And yet I'm PHYSICALLY RESTRICTED to four hours of sleep per night!

Aside from that, life is good. Nothing further to complain about.
Acid Varrakin
Acid Varrakin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Your life sucks... I hate insomnia. I take a pill to help me sleep. It's quite lovely, but I can't sleep at all without it...

I complain that I'm completely dependent on a stupid pill.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm complaining that I don't have enough of my favorite recurring dream series. Gosh, I haven't seen alot of them in a while Sad. Or at least, remembered them. In that case, I want to remember them more ><
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:51 pm

People have suggested that I take pills to help me sleep... but I just don't do pills in general. However, it really sucks that my mind simply won't shut off whenever I try to sleep and while I like the fact I can actually write something I hate constantly rolling out of bed to write something down by flashlight at any given time between two and four am. -.-
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Even with my pill, if I do other things instead of just lying in bed in the dark, I may not fall asleep for hours. I think it's because my body is finally getting used to this dosage, so it's not as effective as it once was. I combat this by always trying to take it at the same time each night and going to bed two hours later. Having a set sleep-schedule really does help.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:49 am

Over three hours. I spent over three hours carefully working on revamping my Caligo character sheet. I toiled over every sentence, making sure it was written to the very height of my literary prowess. I wanted it to be perfect. The new concept behind my character was a remarkably inspired one, and I was elated as I approached the final bend. A few more paragraphs and I would have been finished. His character biography, no doubt approaching 3000 words - if not already far beyond that point - would be complete.

I made a typo.

I hit the backspace key.

For some reason, the typing cursor was removed from the text box the moment before I pressed the backspace key, despite that I know I couldn't possibly have clicked my mouse.

The browser moved to the previous page twice, once for each time I had pressed the backspace key.

Despair immediately struck me. I knew what had happened couldn't be undone. Against odds, I hoped that forwarding back to the profile page would save my changes thus far and I could resume my work.

Life isn't so fair.

Hours of work. So much effort. So much thought placed into a character that I fell more in love with each time I entered a new sentence into his well-defined character sheet. It's all gone. Every word that I entered is gone.

It's painful. I don't think I can reproduce what I had written. The emotion that was embedded into him. The definition I worked so hard to attain.

It's all gone...

The biography. The physical description that I tirelessly edited so that the need for a character image was erased by the sheer accuracy of my textual depiction. The descriptions of his personality and his family, both of which were given excruciating amounts of attention in the name of character development - gone. Every field redefined with new information. Thousands of words spent on refining Dais Aquinas so that I could happily immerse myself, through him, into the world of Caligo; all of it is gone.

I've lost all interest in ever using my Caligo character. His current self is so pathetic, and after working so hard to make him truly a character that could belong to me, it was all undone in seconds.

I'm so tired of being the target of misfortune. This particular instance is only a mere puck mark compared to what I've suffered before. However, the aching that I feel in my chest as I think about what just happened is no less painful for the knowledge that I've been through worse.

A complaint? It would be unfair if I complained. Complaining wouldn't begin to vent the depths of my frustration. I want to rage. I want to rip holes in the fabric of reality and collapse the universe in upon itself so that all of mankind and its faulty technology can cease troubling me with endless complications and disappointments.

[Sighs.] Perhaps another time...
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:58 am

Weiss that won't happen when you use Opera. It remembers everything you put in a dynamic text field. *wink wink*

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:02 pm

Aww, Weiss. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I have had that happen to me a lot. It's sooo frustrating. I absolutely loathe those times when things happen that way.

I know that won't solve what just happened, but in the future, you should consider typing everything in a Word or Notepad file from this point. It will disable that sort of thing from happening unless your computer dies for no reason. =\

I complain that I awakened this morning with a headache, and it's progressed enough that I feel queasy. Queasiness usually portends a potential migraine... This sucks...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:27 pm

Awww, man. I've cried over losing saved video games--all that time, all that effort, gone--but that almost sounds worse. I've lost whole posts once or twice, but never any thing that long.

It's happened that same way, too. Hitting the backspace, and it thinks you want to go back a webpage. Horrible.

I suppose another solution, besides Opera (which I, too, have heard good things about), might be some sort of keylogger. That could help you reconstruct things like that, even if you DO use a Word document.
The good thing about Word documents nowadays, though, is that they've started saving every few seconds, keeping the drafts so you can recover them. It's great! Very Happy

Edit:
Oh, and, uh... I complain that... *looks around* ...that somebody put socks on my desk. Shocked
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:53 pm

I complain that my bro has ruined my progress in games of the past --> he saved over my file in at least two games, and sold one of my games (same game copy) instead of his at least once ;(
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acid Varrakin Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:58 am

Shitfuckarseprickballs.

Didn't place in the nationwide Novella competition.

Cock.
Acid Varrakin
Acid Varrakin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Gee, Acid I don't know whether or not to laugh or feel sorry right now. >.<

I guess, that's my complaint. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:44 pm

F***n ran out of my favorite soda and my brain feels like it's somewhere underneath my feet!

I'm totally bored and I can't even write anything other than a complaint!

(Whew! I feel better now...)
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm going to be handing my lovely grammar crossbow back to Loki. Apparently, it's considered spam when I correct the grammar of others, even when I stay on topic otherwise. I'd rather not risk being warned or consequentially banned just because I thought I could help people improve their writing.

Thanks for the gimmick while it lasted, Loki. It was fun.

On another note, I really don't want to go into my annual review for work. At least I have one of my preferred supervisors overseeing it, but it's still a little nerve-wracking. Did I score myself properly? Have I made mistakes about which I didn't think?

Last year, I was informed that someone called to complain about me because they had asked my opinion about what it was like to be a cashier, and I had responded that, "It's something pretty much anyone can do." They were complaining because they thought I was calling them stupid because they didn't feel socially adept enough to complete the job successfully.

People shouldn't ask questions to which they don't want the answers.

While I didn't get in trouble for that, it was simply pointed to my attention, I wonder if I've done anything else to insight the wrath of others... Like the time someone yelled at me because I wouldn't take their coupon because it was expired by almost a week...

Some people... I started this job hoping to gain more patience, but it's only served to give me even more pet peeves.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next