FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Simply Delectable Interest Check Regarding a Semi-Fantasy Setting.

4 posters

Go down

A Simply Delectable Interest Check Regarding a Semi-Fantasy Setting. Empty A Simply Delectable Interest Check Regarding a Semi-Fantasy Setting.

Post by Koi in the River Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:24 pm

Anywho, I've finally thought up an idea involving a fantastical adventure that didn't include a ridiculous sci-fi setting, such as aliens taking over the world. No, I assure you, I am *hoping* this will be much, much better.

So, picture this: The world's continents have not yet separated, remaining in the formation of Pangaea, the super-continent of prehistory. In said land mass, the base ethnicities of the races we know of today reside, in either massive empires or humble tribes. Now, I know what you're thinking:

"So does this mean we have to be cave-people with sloped foreheads, jutting chins, AND bad hygiene?"

The answer is no. That is where the fantasy setting thing comes in. For now, disregard what you have read about prehistoric life when it comes to humans. Instead, lean more towards the idea of sophisticated, yet at the same time tribal-by-nature people establishing a world full of bright utopias, like in that Disney movie, "Atlantis"... Sort of. That's just one example.

Now onto the adventure. I was thinking that every year, maybe the people of different tribes migrate, to follow the preferred seasonal pattern for farming or something along those lines. And, as a few of those tribes are traveling, the tectonic plates underwater (which have of course been shifting for a while) or wherever else they are begin to finally split Pangaea, causing colossal earthquakes, floods, and perhaps volcanoes. Of course, many people will become separated from their tribes, and subsequently seek refuge in nearby kingdoms or empires until they can figure out what to do.

However, different empires will by then be blaming each other for causing the chaos around the world, insisting that their neighbors angered some sort of earth gods (or whatever deities they respectfully believe in) in some sort of way. Eventually, cities will be warring and a few people are going to be caught in the middle of it and/or involve themselves in it purposefully.

Of course, these are just ideas, and I'm open to suggestions.
Koi in the River
Koi in the River
Mist
Mist

Female

Location : Atlanta, Georgia, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth

Back to top Go down

A Simply Delectable Interest Check Regarding a Semi-Fantasy Setting. Empty Re: A Simply Delectable Interest Check Regarding a Semi-Fantasy Setting.

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Koi in the River wrote:
Now onto the adventure. I was thinking that every year, maybe the people of different tribes migrate, to follow the preferred seasonal pattern for farming or something along those lines. And, as a few of those tribes are traveling, the tectonic plates underwater (which have of course been shifting for a while) or wherever else they are begin to finally split Pangaea, causing colossal earthquakes, floods, and perhaps volcanoes. Of course, many people will become separated from their tribes, and subsequently seek refuge in nearby kingdoms or empires until they can figure out what to do.

If they are migrating to follow a seasonal pattern, it wouldn't be farming. At best, it would be horticulture, but it sounds more like hunting and gathering.

Erm, I sound bitchy when I say that, but I don't mean to. Just trying to help ^_^

Anyway, this sounds really really cool, and if you can get more interested, I would definitely join Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

A Simply Delectable Interest Check Regarding a Semi-Fantasy Setting. Empty Re: A Simply Delectable Interest Check Regarding a Semi-Fantasy Setting.

Post by Koi in the River Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Oh, thanks for the help! I knew there was a technical word/phrase for what I was thinking, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Anywho, thanks for the interest. Here's hoping for the best.
Koi in the River
Koi in the River
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by osacredxo Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Sounds like you've got this story all planned out as is. I have a character that will fit this perfectly, and I'm very interested in being in on this one.
osacredxo
osacredxo
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Koi in the River Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Well, nice to see someone else is interested. I suppose getting up the OoC thread wouldn't be too much trouble.

Here it is. Smile
Koi in the River
Koi in the River
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Battle Andrew! Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Hello thar, I'd be interested as well. I'm new, so I'll take it slow.
Battle Andrew!
Battle Andrew!
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down