FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahhh, Mother Nature...

3 posters

Go down

Ahhh, Mother Nature... Empty Ahhh, Mother Nature...

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Sooo I was supposed to be back in Anchorage, Alaska, yesterday. Buuuut there was the surprise of snow on the ground, which caused all of us to walk around, scratching our heads and looking up at the sky, because just two days prior it was 80 odd degrees. I'm still confused as hell over that, and while my first impulse was to think that it was a practical joke... it wasn't.

Now its cold, warmer than yesterday, but also raining like crazy, and it looks like we're not going to have the ability to leave the camp for a while yet. Isolated locations are beautiful, (you can only get here by plane) and it's still beautiful, but I'm ready to go back to civilzation since they have milk. (I'm tellin' ya. Not being able to have milk for nearly three months for someone who loves the white-drink... *Sigh* You crave it!)

It's rather interesting being the only woman here too; while I'm used to that sort of ratio (from workin at the firestations) you at least get to see other women, but at least I haven't had to patch anyone up for the last several days (other than little cuts and scrapes and such). Yes, this shall be interesting. Let's hope that I'm able to get out of here before more snow comes; otherwise we're stuck. And while like every red-blooded american enjoys the occational hot-dog... having just that for the last two days straight is a little... dissapointing. But!! There is always hunting! Mother Nature provides....

This...shall be interesting.

In short: I'm not back yet; it might be a while... expect some delays as usual.

Toodles my friends.
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Ahhh, Mother Nature... Empty Re: Ahhh, Mother Nature...

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:36 pm

Oh, goodness! As lovely and amazing as that would be, to be able to be out in an isolated area that is only reachable by plane, I'm sure you'd be missing civilization and such after that long. I can't imagine going without milk for 3 months either, Shades! XD Do you at least have dairy products to eat?

It also sounds like the weather is trying to make up its mind for what to do. Hopefully, the rain will stop.

Hope the hunting goes well! Hang in there, Shades! Don't slip on any ice or get mangled up with any hungry bears!!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:48 am

Yeah, if you see a baby bear, RUN!!! Smile

Tell us all about your adventures, okay? In detail! Very Happy
Just as soon as you get back.

Also, what Fate said. Be safe. Take my bear advice. Thumbs Up
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:21 pm

So I have finally returned from the world of the Untouched, after several days of being locked in by the weather. Seattle never looked so good! Though it appears that fall hasn't quite touched the leaves here yet. This excites me, really. Fall is my favorite season, and it looks like I'll be living it twice in one year. Woot!!

Kalon... I do indeed have stories. I'll write them down in my journal thing I tried to keep at the begining of my trip, but we'll see how it all goes once I finally get settled.

Oh god.. so much laundry. Kaislynn, didn't I just do all this laundry???

Alrighty. So I'm back. Give me a few days to be treated like a celebrity between family and friends because of my absense, and then I shall be around just as before!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:32 pm

WELCOME BACK, SHADES!!! Dance

That's so great that you've experienced fall in Alaska and now get to see it back in Seattle too. ^_^

Lol hope you aren't being crushed by a mountain of laundry. Have fun seeing everyone back home again!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down