FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+45
Kalon Ordona II
Mur
Psychotic Felix
Zelda
Renisca
Kædai
Anemone
m00se4brainz
Gadreille
Silvan Arrow
[Soma]
Adrius Frostglare
Sunni Ookami
Game Master
LunarScorpio
Sighlent
Hello Danger
Dio the Awesome
Mezrin
Arthmael
Lara
Inerio
Ehoron
Loki
Gabe
Gunneh
Spectre
Reffy
Igraine
Kaito
Drako11
Fluff
Hank J Wimbleton
Forgotten Wolf
Kathryn Lacey
Kaislynn
Eternity
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Aesalon
Hope
Shades Of Gray
Scarlet_Rivers
Renji
Xiantic
Fate Flyer
49 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 18 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:53 pm

Yeah. College sucks...
>.<

I hate when my hubby is in school because he gets so stressed out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:44 pm

I agree wtih Fate, Inerio. You really have the right attitude. I hate assuming things, but from what you said, it seems fairly easy to guess what happened. I hope everything is all right. I'm sure once you take the steps to become a stronger person, you'll be able to believe it and live it. :: hugs ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm really, really, really, really stressed out. Sad I've been working on homework ever since the moment I got home (taking a break to eat dinner, of course), and I'm still nowhere close to being done...and that's just with one class!

For my math class, our teacher has us writing 2 papers on finances each week (which is fine, I could handle that), along with 3-4 chapters worth of homework questions to do online. There are about 100-150 questions per chapter. Yeah. It's ridiculous! I'm sitting here, trying to make a dent in this, but these questions are long. On top of that, there are even essay questions and fill in the blank! That's not all though. We also have an online test to take each week too. All for one class! My last math class I had at this school did things old school, pencil and paper, and we only had to do between 15-40 questions a night. That was it for homework. None of this other crap. This is nowhere near close to that, and I feel like I could just be taking this math class alone this quarter and have a full schedule! It's that stressful. I don't know how I'm even going to get to my other homework.

Speaking of, I have SO MANY freaking drawings to do, all colored and finalized. It takes me like a year just to color and finish one drawing, let alone a few dozen. Ughhhhh.

I'm seriously thinking of dropping this math class and picking up something different (with a different teacher too) next quarter. I've had this teacher for my Astronomy class last quarter, and she just gives so much homework, that you're drowning it in. I'm so miserable right now.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:33 pm

But hark, I hear my name!

Fate, if you got a bad teacher you should totally just take another class. Some teachers are right assholes, and shouldn't at all be allowed to be near students. Some also feel like they have to enforce a curve by making x amount of people fail their class too.

If you have any friends, I'd ask around to see if the teacher has a bad reputation, and if they do, drop immediately. If not, if they're going to work you into the ground it's better to give it another go with a more reasonable teacher than fail, honestly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Thanks for the advice, Misery. That's so true, too. I've actually had this same teacher twice now before this (maybe 3 times...I can't recall). She's an odd woman who doesn't really teach so much as mutter in front of her computer. I mean, she's nice when she's talking to you, but she behaves like a very shy/uncomfortable/awkward person, and therefore does not teach hardly at all, and no one ever pays attention, because she demands no respect.

If I'd have known it was her teaching this math class, I would have never taken it. I hate to be mean, because I'm sure she's a good person, but not all good people make good teachers. You know?

Thanks again. I certainly would feel a great deal less stressed without this math class this quarter. I'd still have my other classes to worry about, but my schedule this time is a bit demanding, so perhaps it would be wise to bump out this math class. I'll have to speak with my mom about it tomorrow. (They pay my tuition.) (LOL I almost typed "intuition," and then I would have laughed at myself.)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:50 pm

You might want to see if you can sign up for another class instead, if it's only a few days into the semester. Depending on the teacher, sometimes they'll let you slip into a class if it's only the first week or whatnot. So you might be able to hunt down a replacement class, which would be much easier to pass off to the parents than just trying to drop a class outright. And it might be a bit less of a workload too.

And yes, I know there are people who suck at teaching. I once actually lead a mutiny in the middle of a classroom when a teacher gave us a crappy assignment with no time, and didn't bother to teach us or answer any questions. When he asked how the assignment went, I raised my hand, stood up and said: "so, did anyone actually understand this assignment, or was I the only one who felt like we didn't learn anything about it?"

Dead silence in the room, and then suddenly some other people started to rumble along with what I had been saying. The teacher turned white as a sheet and started stammering in class, and wound up curving the results and giving us less hard assignments in the future.

Ah, I'm kind of an evil bastard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:12 pm

Hey, at least you did what you felt was right. I'm really surprised that you would do that, though. You've always told me you're very non-confrontational in person.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:15 pm

There's so much you don't know about him! Misery is actually....COBRA LEADER!!!! ALL HAIL COBRA! *jumps out a window*
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:19 pm

I know more about him than you. Much, much more. ^o_~^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:36 pm

I complain that Kathryn has more Cheetos than I do Razz
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:50 pm

I complain that he expects me not to smack him with fancy, white gloves.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:52 pm

I complain that you do it anyway.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:00 am

I complain that you're trying to pretend you don't like it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:30 am

Gunneh2113 wrote:There's so much you don't know about him! Misery is actually....COBRA LEADER!!!! ALL HAIL COBRA! *jumps out a window*

Dude... tell me you did not just flub the title of Cobra COMMANDER. *Grabs Gunneh's 'Old School' Membership card* 'ere...gimme that... GIMME! *snatches and tears it up*

Disgraceful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:32 am

I'm tired and a wee bit drunk! Be nice lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am

Gunneh, don't get plastered because you're out of smokes. *LOL*

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:37 am

I was wondering if I could do that too. I'm just afraid I'd end up having to take a Saturday class (which is 6 hours long! blah) instead, since this class doesn't offer very many days and times for classes at all. It makes figuring out your schedule a pain in the ass, because usually most of the classed you need to take fall on the same day at the same time. I absolutely despise this school, and even one of the teachers (the cool, down-to-earth one I've had twice now) agrees lol. I'll see what my advisor says.

LOL oh, wow, Misery. That's hilarious that you did that! I'm surprised the rest of the classroom didn't say anything at first, but maybe they were just surprised hehe. Sounds like your teacher took the hint though. That's awesome.

Haha aw Gunneh. ^_^
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:45 am

Fate, you got that same teacher again?! Jeez!! Get out, girl! Get out while you still can!! The quarter just started, so I'm sure if you picked up another class instead you wouldn't be far behind. You don't want your other grades to suffer because you have so much work to do in that math class.

My complaint: I keep waking up earlier than I intend.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:56 am

Thanks, Lunar. I just talked to my mom about it this morning, and she agrees that as long as I take a math class before I graduate, it doesn't matter when I take it, so long as I take it. So, I'm just going to get in next quarter with a different teacher, so that way I don't have to miss this first day of class.

*whimpers and cries* Sob

Not this again!

I went to the hospital and doctor's office back in March, but I'm still getting bills for it! My insurance lost paperwork that I sent them back in March, and NOW they're calling, saying they never got paperwork I sent them that I signed so that my parents could speak to them on the phone. On top of that, the pictures I had taken of the paperwork that I signed seemed to have erased themselves off our camera! I'm going to have to resign them and send them back in, but I doubt it'll do any good, since they'll probably just lose them again! Omg. My parents are worried they're going to get stuck having to pay our $12,000 bill for the hospital. We are, for sure, going to have to pay the doctor visit bill, which is like $1,000 (just to ask him "What's wrong with me?" and have him tell me to go to the hospital...), because my stupid insurance's policy is that the first place we go to under their insurance, we have to pay for entirely ourselves.

I had to talk with them a few times on the phone this morning, along with my parents, trying to sort everything out and getting nowhere. On top of it all, I'm trying to get ready to go to school so that I can talk to my advisor about dropping this math class and also get a refund on the book if I can. I wanted to be able to work on my other homework today before class at 3:00, but it looks like that's not happening.

I am SO stressed out right now. I just want to curl up and close out the world. This really, really sucks.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:57 am

that sucks Fate.
>.<

I'm trying to get the website together for Faces in the MIrror and its killing me. D:

If I didn't love this story idea so much, I wouldn't even bother doing this...but I love the idea...so I torture myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:14 pm

*nods*

Oh, but it looks really cool so far, Anaris! Very Happy That's so neat!

I complain that I need to get my director's signature in order to drop a class, and he's not there right now.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:18 pm

I've redone most of it.
I'm adding new pages and trying to get things how I like it.

That stinks. :/

I hope he is there later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:32 pm

I complain that if the antibiotics don't work, they're going to have to cut into my toe. ^;_;^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:34 pm

I've realized that my family has no right to say I lack common sense. I thought those blankets were out of the dryer three days ago. THREE DAYS!!! Do you know what happens to wet blankets in a basement in a washing machine IN THE SUMMER for THREE DAYS? I was wondering where that smell was coming from.

Now, I'm going to be up till all hours of the night doing laundry because of them. Ugh!
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:40 pm

You have basements?

I'm complaining that I'm broke! and if I wasn't I'd be seeing Harry Potter at midnight! Mad
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:42 pm

Yeah, I'm living in it with the laundry machines. -___- That's prime realestate.

I complain about that too Danger! I was lied to, there will be no HP for me tonight!
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:44 pm

You poor HP nerds...
XD

I'll just see the movie when it comes out on DVD...

I'm complaining because my hubby is mad at me for no reason...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:47 pm

I live in Florida, there's no such thing as basements here.

Complaining I've never been in a basement!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:38 pm

I complain that I should just keep my mouth shut when I'm upset... It can come back to bite me even weeks later... ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:43 am

I complain that I've been on call for jury duty since Monday, but it's Thursday and I once again have to call back, to see if I'm going in tomorrow. And in the process, my boss told me Monday that she wouldn't have me come in at all, to 'make things easier'.

I don't blame my boss at all for doing that, but this jury thing's getting annoying. The only thing that might make it better would be if I did get called in, so that I might actually make some money. >.>
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next