FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+45
Kalon Ordona II
Mur
Psychotic Felix
Zelda
Renisca
Kædai
Anemone
m00se4brainz
Gadreille
Silvan Arrow
[Soma]
Adrius Frostglare
Sunni Ookami
Game Master
LunarScorpio
Sighlent
Hello Danger
Dio the Awesome
Mezrin
Arthmael
Lara
Inerio
Ehoron
Loki
Gabe
Gunneh
Spectre
Reffy
Igraine
Kaito
Drako11
Fluff
Hank J Wimbleton
Forgotten Wolf
Kathryn Lacey
Kaislynn
Eternity
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Aesalon
Hope
Shades Of Gray
Scarlet_Rivers
Renji
Xiantic
Fate Flyer
49 posters

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 10 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Inerio Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:56 am

My complaint, I'm on vacation with my family. Which wouldn't be so bad, but I'm ten years older than my brother and I miss my friends. I couldn't take anyone because most of the people I hang out with are guys, and Dad wouldn't have that. I could think of better ways to spend my freedom before I start summer school and work.

Oh well, the ocean and the dog can be my friends for the next two days.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:13 pm

Complaint: trans-atlantic moving sucks.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:20 pm

My complaint is that it's been nearly a week since I've worked, or even heard from my boss. I understand that she can't really open/have full time help due to the insane amount of rain we've been having for the past few weeks, but the least she could do is call me and tell me that I'm NOT working. But no, because of the weather, I've practically been 'on call'.

In fact, I always seem to be on call, so I can't even make plans for things ahead of time! Really, my boss claims that she makes the schedule for the following week at the end of the weekend. The least she could do is call me the night before, rather than two hours before she wants me to work. Seriously. There was one time a week or two ago where she told me on Thursday, "I might need you for Sunday. I'll call you, okay?" and in my head, I thought that meant 'by Saturday' or something. But what does she do? She called at 10 in the morning to ask if I can come in at 2. So I canceled my plans for the day and went in to work.

I appreciate the fact that I'm working, and I'll gladly take the hours. But I would really like to be called, oh, at least the night before, rather than hours beforehand.

GRR.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Where the hell do you work, Lara? Don't they post a schedule at which you can look?

I complain that July 2nd, 2010 is much too far away. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 pm

I work at a small family-owned crab shack near the docks by my house. No, there's no schedule posted -- at least, not that I know of. I know there's a big calendar at the shack where it's written down who's working when, but it's generally not that far ahead. Plus, there's the fact that I kinda need to be at work to see it, and since I haven't worked...

She claims that she sets the schedule up in advance. I have yet to see that. She told me at the start of the job that she'd call at least a day in advance; I've given her multiple chances, and it hasn't turned out that way yet... Well, no, there was once, but that was when she called me to tell me that she didn't know when I could work again, though she could offer me a few hours on Friday. Yeah, I haven't worked since then. Stupid rain, I'd say, but it's even been sunny and she hasn't called.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:42 pm

That's why you make your way to the job sight to look when you're off duty. That's what I do, and I live fifteen miles away from where I look. Granted, they always post three weeks worth of schedules, so the only time I've had to travel to work off-duty to see it was when I took a week off to be with Jonathan...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:07 am

I've forgotten about Alaskan Summer.... Ah, hell.

Sunsets at 2am... that's two in the morning... And sunrise is at roughly 4 am...

Ah...hell.
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Weird... ^o_o^ I'm so glad I don't live there. I couldn't handle that.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:31 am

I make so many errors typing when I first wake up. o.o
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:40 am

I'm technically not even awake until at least two hours after I get out of bed...

I don't want to go to work today, but I want the paycheck. Too bad I can't make a compromise with the bosses. "Hey! How about you give me the six hours of work, and... I'll... Be good and stay home!" ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:41 am

^ That sounds about right, lol.

Haha that would be the most amazing compromise. Very Happy
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:21 pm

My complaint: transatlantic moving sucks and I barely have half as much time for FOG any more.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:31 pm

-__- My one friend is going to his brother's birthday party, my other is boring when I hang with him alone, and Mike is off with a few boring chicks to talk about shoes or boys. I wanted my homo sexy time with my girlfriend who's actually a guy!!! Bah, the only ones who are free are my girlfriends and I'd rather not spend the day hearing them bitch about their boyfriends or crushes. Bleh. So now I'm stuck in the house with my tablet and microwaveable burritos.

Maybe I'll see what Mom's up to now that she's divorced my step dad.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:45 pm

My complaint is that I don't have enough money to start my own business, and I just found the coolest thing ever!

Aarow Advertisement

It's called sign spinning, and Aarrow Advertisement is one of the leading companies to take advantage of it. Basically, you start a franchise for Aarrow in your town, get spinners, find businesses that would like to get advertised in this way, and then you just provide it to them! If I could start a franchise, I'd spin even though I owned it!! It's soooooo awesome!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:43 pm

I complain that my step-father and my little brothers are still here. At least they'll be gone tomorrow- hopefully by the time I awaken.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:03 am

AHHHHHH!!! Fuck girls!!!! If you think you need to know the reason behind this post, simply PM me and I might deem you worthy as to informing you of the truth. Otherwise, don't bother in reading this post, I don't want to vent to those that don't truly care... Keep in mind that it is 6:00am my time, me staying awake this early ON A WEEKEND is quite a BIG FUCKING DEAL! WHAT DO I DO AND WHERE DO I TURN?!
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:53 am

Aww. *pats Loki's head*

I don't know what's up, but you seem quite disgruntled. Hopefully a night's sleep will fix it, a bit.

I ... actually don't have any complaints right now.

Oh, actually there is something. My avatar is too big. Sad
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:01 am

I honestly don't know how the board lets people upload avatars if they exceed the limit. I set the limit for 150 width and 200 height. It shouldn't allow people to upload ones any bigger...but I guess it does?

Lol that avatar is insane though.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:10 am

If it's externally linked, it doesn't check it's size, then, it seems.
Do you have access to the templates? if so, you should at least give the avatar additional css styles: max-width and max-height.

New siggy.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:47 am

Oh, I see. So, it can't check for the appropriate size if you have it externally linked? I, unfortunately, don't have access to the templates.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:31 am

Well, it IS technically possible, but it would increase the server load.
The best bet would be the CSS, it would restrict the image size on most modern browsers that do handle css right. It would result in bad scaled images, though. Another load-friendly alternative would be a little javascript that would check and if necessary resize all avatar images..
And if you even can't do that, there probably isn't another way but to disable the feature. ;(
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:07 pm

I think I got it to restrict the size with CSS. I haven't really tested it yet though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:13 pm

Yep, it works! Thanks, Tony. Smile Glad we got that figured out now. We also may be changing the rules so that we can restrict the size of signature images, just to ensure they aren't too big (if we can), and so we don't ever have to worry about PMing people to ask them to make their signatures smaller if we think they are too large.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:37 pm

I complain that I don't personally know any amazing seamstresses.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:01 pm

I complain that, as awesome as the Harry Potter exhibit was at the Museum of Science and Industry today, that taking pictures was prohibited, and we couldn't even get away with it, because security was everywhere. o.o
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:38 am

I complain about that, too!

UGH! I'm so frustrated that I can't have the exact dress I want. ._. I want it all to be like that yellow dress in my thread, but I want the sleeves to be the same style as Arwen's Requiem dress. I also want it to be blue. I don't know anyone talented enough to make it for me.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renji Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:20 am

Just done my first load of CV exercise since Easter...god damn exams! ¬_¬
Renji
Renji
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:25 am

I have to get this weight off of my shoulders, it is tearing me apart inside and I just need someplace to vent. Perhaps on a public forum isn't the best place, but she has NO room to complain...

Fuck drunken cheating girlfriends and the friends who take advantage of them. If it wasn't for her honesty, my love for her, and the 2.5 years of our relationship, I wouldn't be giving her the chance to prove herself to me. This wasn't her first indiscretion either, that same friend forced a kiss on her twice before (which she resisted those times) as well as some guy she made out with at a bar when I was traveling back to her after summer vacation last summer (perfect news to receive when you are tied into a 9 month lease with them). Not to mention the handful of girls she had made out with when I was never around. As opposed to me, I haven't so much as hugged another person with impure intensions.

She has reached the limit of my capacity for forgiveness and many may think that I should just dump her; I do still love her though there is no longer any trust in the relationship. She says she'll do whatever it takes to make amends, so we shall see if she can be true to her word and work hard to regain my trust. Perhaps I am a fool who is just setting himself up for more heartache, but her forthrightness about the incident tells me that she at least cares enough to own up to her mistakes and take whatever consequences I deem necessary. Had I found out later or by somebody else, I would have left her on the spot.

As for that exfriend of mine, I am telling every one of our mutual friends how he fucked up as per one of the conditions I set on my girlfriend to be given her chance. At the very least this will ensure that we are never in the same room together, despite my desire to take a tire iron to the side of his head. I hope that he’ll be ousted from those people, he doesn’t deserve friends if he is capable of pulling something so fucked up as this. The asshole didn’t even bother to use a condom, and knowing the type of girls he’s been with, Thank God my girlfriend is on birth control, but now I am making her get tested for anything and everything. I’m doing my best to stay rational, but she hurt me deep and it’ll take a while for those wounds to heal.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:22 pm

Oh, Loki... No I am so, so sorry about your girlfriend and now ex-friend. I can understand what it's like to be in love with someone, and I know that is what keeps you not wanting to let go and keeps you holding on, even during the storms, but it sounds to me that she doesn't love you as much as she should. If she truly, deeply loved you probably as much as you love her, then she would not be sleeping with anyone else or kissing anyone else. Being drunk is not an excuse. I don't care how drunk you are -- I've been there -- you always know what's right and wrong. You know not to make out with random people. And it's not so much of a knowing what's moral and what's not. It's more a matter of just not wanting to because you already should be in love with the person you are with. If she wants to do these things, which (this is purely my observation from what you described) it seems like she does, then she isn't fully devoted to you yet.

I can't and won't tell you what to do. I've never known a person to listen to anyone else other than themselves when it comes to relationships, ever. So, all I or anyone can do is offer you advice and support. I wish you the best of luck with things in the future, and I really hope that she means it when she says she wants to work things out.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Can I complain that nobody is talking too me? ... I posted 2x in Chatterbox and have thus far been ignored Sob Mind you - last time I posted in Chatterbox it wasn't very good timing with weird pet deaths pale

Also, complaining that I'm stuck at work, while Hubby/Tega gets 2 week off!!! Lucky sod ...

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next