FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars - Desperate Days - Recruiting

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Star Wars - Desperate Days - Recruiting - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars - Desperate Days - Recruiting

Post by Kaislynn Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:30 am

As in the next post I do? Or would it help to modify this one and get us out Smile I almost did but figured I'd let everyone else do one in the asteroid field and then pull us out. That work?
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Star Wars - Desperate Days - Recruiting - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars - Desperate Days - Recruiting

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:35 am

Kaislynn wrote:As in the next post I do? Or would it help to modify this one and get us out Smile I almost did but figured I'd let everyone else do one in the asteroid field and then pull us out. That work?

You can do that too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:44 am

haha, which? modify the last or pop one up this morning?
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Go ahead and pop a small one out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Consider us out of the asteroid field Smile

I tried to leave room if anyone wanted to fire any last minute shots or viruses Smile
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:06 pm

If you care to look down. Way down for some of you. You may take notice of a diminuitive Astromech droid in your presence. Below is a sketch of what you will find holed up in the cargo storage of the Intruder. He is badly damaged and a little worse for wear but, with a little care and attention he may well become a valuable member of your team. As Free's story unfolds more details will be added to this outline.

Character Sheet
Name: R4-28 (Arfour towait)
Species: R4 Series Agromech Droid
Profession: Astromech
Planet of Origin/Birth: Unknown

Appearance: R4-28 is a diminutive R4 series droid, standing 0.96 meters tall. He rolls on three legs for quick mobility, although one can retract into his body moving through a waddling motion. He sports a silver and green domed head salvaged from a scrapped R2 unit replacing the conical unit he was created with. Just like every standard Astromech droid, 34-Al’s body was silver and white with green details. His canister shaped body housed many arms, sensors, and other apparatuses, many of which are not readily seen by the typical humanoid eye. This often makes the droid seem like a box of tricks, unexpectedly pulling out some previously unseen but much needed device at a critical moment.

Equipment:
- Computer interface connection port
- Various Utility and Repair Tools
-Holographic projector/recorder
-Polarity Sinks
- Three Claw Appendages
- Droid Shock Arm
-Heuristic Processor
-Thruster Jets
- Tranglar III Vocabulator
-Sensor Baffling Shell
-Various other

Personality: R4-28 is currently confused, scared and untrusting. Finding himself with blaster damage and gaping holes in his memory he fears his past has been wiped. The only surviving key is a short holographic recording of the final few moments before he was shot. He is desperately looking for answers to not only what happened but who he is.

History: To be revealed as the spaces in his memory are filled in.

Last edited by Klikxx on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm

This looks wonderful! And I can't imagine Jarrie won't be headed that way soon enough - she has a loader to reassemble and put back. : )
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Is this still open?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:50 pm

Brilliant! a Droid! Very Happy Very Happy
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:23 pm

I want to know if this is still open before I post my CS. Should I post it now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:54 am

Heysuess is the GM. but i'm pretty sure he wanted to leave it open. you could pm him if you want Smile
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:15 pm

Yes, I know he’s an R3 unit… but with an R2 unit dome head, Jarrie won’t realize what he really is until she opens him up, and finds the Intellex V inside, I assume? Also, please let me know if that holo flashback was visible or audible to anyone in the hold – I can change my post accordingly.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:54 am

I realized where you were going with the R2 reference. He would in fact blend in with that series of droid given the hat he's wearing. Can't judge a book by it's cover.

I had thought of the holo flashback much along the lines of how we treat memories. So it would be neither audible or visible for anyone else. It is in fact a holo recording so you will be able to access it when you are tinkering and assessing the damage. You will probably find the vocabulator at this time as well. Imagine, a talking R3 unit. This truely is an odd little droid.
Right now you will have to deal with the beeps,whistles and musical chirps.

I should have something up today.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seloc Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:57 pm

[ I hope you don't mind my late entry. ]

Character Sheet
Name: Vorx
Species: Assumed Human
Profession: Bounty Hunter, currently employed as an Interrogator for Mission Group Hotfoot.

Although due to the every changing environment within a SpecOp group. Vorx's combat experience as a Bounty Hunter, as well as his intimate knowledge of the anatomy of most species, have led him to fill different roles within the group when the need arises.

(I would assume a creature who is "familiar" with the inner workings of a great deal of Species as Vorx could be called upon as a 'Mad Doc' during Emergency situations.)

Star Wars - Desperate Days - Recruiting - Page 2 Dark_e10

[left]Equipment:
- Painsplicer A horrifying creation that was designed and created within Vorx's sadistic workshop. The Painsplicer was designed to eviscerate, lacerate and incise at close quarters, and resembles a thin, almost fragile, band of metal fashioned in the shape of a blade. Although appearing frail, the blade has been conditioned with weaves of Phrik alloy, making it extremely durable and able to cross with the energy blade of a lightsaber, while keeping the blade thin and lightweight. The Phrik alloy also is poxed with millions of microcosmic glands, which are connected to the hilt via carbon tubing. The carbon tubing allows passage to the stream of Vorx's concoction of nano-toxins and poisons which, after activated by Vortx, seep upward from the hilt of the weapon, and 'bleeds' though the glands that pocket the blade. Effectively coating it with it's deadly grime. Besides acting as a fatal instrument, Vorx's poison is also a great conductor of electricity..A fact that the bounty hunter did not pass up, and he equipped the already deadly blade with an electromagnetic pulse-generator. Which, once activated, sends a sparking trail of electricity dancing around the poison slicked blade.

- Monger His personal rifle is light-weight and usually sports a miniaturized version of the Painsplicer blade for added functionality in melee combat. Unlike the blasters based weapons that most of his comrades use, Monger relays on specialty crafted 'needle' slugs as it's main form of projectile. These needles can vary in terms of shape and size, and are usually drenched in varying forms of poisons and toxins that Vorx has perfected over his practiced years of poison making.

- Bodysuit - Because of the bounty hunter's desire for speed and dexterity over defensibility, his armor is a thin, light-weight flexible bodysuit, pressurized to allow him to traverse the vacuum of space. Although frail when it comes to withstanding blaster fire, Vorx's bodysuit is equipped with a number of hidden equipment and devices to compensate for it's poor protection, including;
- Wrist mounted launchers, who's armaments pools from a wide range of equipment, ranging from poison dipped darts for single targets, to gas filled canisters designed to deal with a group of individuals.
- A fairly advanced Sensor system, designed to monitor and control a victim's vital signs as Vorx performs his Sadistic interrogations.

Personality:Reeling in piracy, enslavement and torture, and sadistic in the extreme, Vorx has built an infamous reputation of going to extreme lengths to inflict pain on his victims, which resulted in him becoming one of the most Dreaded Bounty hunters of his time. As well as creating an extra excuse for Hotfoot members not to get wounded, only to avoid becoming Vorx's latest plaything on the operating table.

History: Little is known about the monotone figure that identifies himself as Vorx, a bounty hunter who expresses an almost sadistic love with inflicting pain upon his victims. What can be gathered from loose reports and half truths varies from a wide pool of theories. The more ridiculous of these theories consider Vorx a school teacher that dealt with one child too many, while the more plausible theories label the Bounty hunter as a victim of this long war, driven to the brink of insanity by the madding tide of death and pain brought upon by this war.

Forgive the picture..I got lazy.

Last edited by Seloc on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:21 am; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Spacing trouble.)
Seloc
Seloc
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:32 am

Hey, Seloc.

While I appreciate the interest in the topic, the character you've put in would make a much better villain than a member of a group where trust is a necessary element of operating. Or at least, the hope of trust in each other in the future. Your character doesn't really have a motivation for joining a lost cause like the Rebellion and no particular reason why he wouldn't be working for the other side. There are also at least two characters in the group that definitely would have outstanding and violent objections to dealing with your character, based on their cultural experiences.

From a strictly OOC perspective, I don't think I could integrate your character into all this.

If you'd like to work up something else, I think you might be better off. I hate to downcheck a character proposal, but I also have other concerns vis a vis the suitability issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seloc Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:59 am

Heyseuss wrote:Hey, Seloc.

While I appreciate the interest in the topic, the character you've put in would make a much better villain than a member of a group where trust is a necessary element of operating. Or at least, the hope of trust in each other in the future. Your character doesn't really have a motivation for joining a lost cause like the Rebellion and no particular reason why he wouldn't be working for the other side. There are also at least two characters in the group that definitely would have outstanding and violent objections to dealing with your character, based on their cultural experiences.

From a strictly OOC perspective, I don't think I could integrate your character into all this.

If you'd like to work up something else, I think you might be better off. I hate to downcheck a character proposal, but I also have other concerns vis a vis the suitability issue.

Vorx's insane idealism does not dwell kindly within the hearts of the Empire's officers, nor does he care much for the Empire itself. He is a creature that possesses traits admirable within the ranks of the Sith, yet he understands that the Empire is a blight that needs to be removed. A Chaotic Good character.

I was gunning on creating a concept that would create a sense of tension between the already weary members of the SpecOps, and was hoping on adding a new way for the team to adapt without the "Light side" idealism.

I assure you that Vorx's motives and loyalty to the Alliance are sound, but if you would rather me to ditch the character and start fresh, or leave the thread entirely, then I gladly would.

Last edited by Seloc on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bah my spelling.)
Seloc
Seloc
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:06 am

Seloc wrote:I assure you that Vorx's motives and loyalty to the Alliance are sound, but if you would rather me to ditch the character and start fresh, or leave the thread entirely, then I gladly would.

Yeah, I know it sounds cheesy and stifling, but I'd really rest easier with a different character. If you want to play an interrogator (or a bounty hunter,) great. There are other ways to go about it, but I'm just not comfortable with this one.

No, I don't kick people out of threads, especially when they take a downcheck well and maturely. If you wanna try again, and I apologize for making you do more character work and submit something else, please do. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seloc Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:09 am

Heyseuss wrote:

No, I don't kick people out of threads, especially when they take a downcheck well and maturely. If you wanna try again, and I apologize for making you do more character work and submit something else, please do. Smile

Not a problem at all, I enjoy stretching my imagination around then less then normal personalities of my characters.

Would you rather me edit up the original character concept, or just open up a new post?
Seloc
Seloc
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:12 am

It's up to you. Whatever you find easier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seloc Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Character Sheet
Name: Dox.
Species: Tyluun Night-Soarer'
Profession: Long Range Suppression.
Planet of Origin/Birth: Tyluun

Appearance: Dox's brown skinned figure stood at a meer 5'7" and shared the tell tale genetic traits possessed by his species, pointed ears and a bald head with his arms ending in five-fingered hands that were tipped with sharp claws. His most noted characteristic is a pair of membranous wings formed by webbing that extended from his rib cage, extending well beyond his wrists. These wings were strong enough for Dox to achieve independent flight, and can be tucked within a cavity that runs upward from his rib cage to his wrists when not in flight.

Equipment:
Because of the ever changing nature of Hotfoot's missions, Dox is known to loot the bodies of more technology advanced victims for their weapons and equipment. Granting him an ever changing collection of rifles that varies in numbers and models. He currently possesses two in his collection,

- Heavily Modified E-11 Sniper Rifle. - Dox's signature rifle, A durable jack of all trades weapon that is capable of decent range and stopping power with little handling. Ideal for sniping and scattering hostiles. Dox upgraded the rife with an computerized interface scope that transmit targeting data to his Rangefinder.

- Heavily Modified A280 Blaster rifle - A sturdy weapon that is reputed to be able to cut a fully-armored stormtrooper in half at medium range, Dox is usually seen with this rifle during missions where the threat of heavy infantry and light armor is possible. Like his E-11, The A280 is equipped with a computerized interface scope

- Rangefinder- Dox uses his personal Viewfinder in the place of a scope, which resembles a gray metal block that is attached over his eyes. The rangefinder offers the wearer a number of vision setting and targeting data and can be linked with the computerized interface scope of most weapons for added functionality.

- DH-17 blaster pistol - Dox's fallback weapon, equipped with a computerized interface scope.

- Lightweight composite armor - Dox has stripped the armor of it's heavier armor components, such as the helmet and sleeves, to stay mobile and allow the use of his wings.

Personality: Outspoken and distant, two traits rarely seen within a sane individual, Dox is known for his morbid sense of humor and his refusal to shut up about the grim things in a situation that he finds humorous.
"I've always wondered, what compels a man to create a blaster that fires 'red' zaps."

History: Explained via story.

Seloc
Seloc
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Alright, approved.

The plan is that in the next post cycle, we'll have characters back at 'the base' whatever that means. I gotta figure out where they'd be dropping off Serat, but it's entirely possible that your character's working at a facility where he is 'under-utilized' by the local post commander -- some snotty ex-Imperial infantry officer type who doesn't like bounty hunting scum, snipers or commando types who he views...well yeah.

And it's not like a SpecOps unit wouldn't just grab who they think is useful and use them. Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. They aren't military, after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seloc Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Heyseuss wrote:Alright, approved.

The plan is that in the next post cycle, we'll have characters back at 'the base' whatever that means. I gotta figure out where they'd be dropping off Serat, but it's entirely possible that your character's working at a facility where he is 'under-utilized' by the local post commander -- some snotty ex-Imperial infantry officer type who doesn't like bounty hunting scum, snipers or commando types who he views...well yeah.

And it's not like a SpecOps unit wouldn't just grab who they think is useful and use them. Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. They aren't military, after all.

Mm, I may just pull the old "assigned to show you around" routine.
Seloc
Seloc
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:28 pm

Sorry for the slow response, guys, but things are getting really hectic around here, prepping for the move on the 15th/16th (packing up the house those days) : /
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 pm

I would spend a little longer with the detonation of the courier, but I am gonna fast forward it a bit so our latest player can jump in. So the next post I make will be bridging the gap from where the ships ended up to the base they're supposed to bring Serat to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seloc Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:43 pm

No need to speed anything up for my sake.
Seloc
Seloc
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:17 am

Alright, new set of guidelines from here on out. You guys need to PM/AIM me and ask more questions about the environment characters find themselves in and so forth, and I can feed you answers. But the thing is, I want you guys to get creative. Deadman's already started that process with his slicer, and came up with some cool solutions, and I want to establish that as business as usual in here.

I don't bite, so ask away. I'm hoping to encourage you guys to get creative and original and have some investment in this. Scheme away! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Are we still alive??

--working on the schemes
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:49 pm

We're still alive. I'm just badly behind and need to catch up. I'm very sorry, I do still intend to run my RP's. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:50 pm

Smile just checking Bow 2

hehe
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2