FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words {FULL}

3 posters

Go down

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words {FULL} Empty A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words {FULL}

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:43 am

IC Thread
Images

A picture's worth a thousand words.
Or so says the old addage. But it would be interesting to see what sorts of stories, what sorts of events a single picture really could inspire. What sorts of people would come walking out of your imagination if presented with a certain visual stimulus? What sorts of places could you travel to just by letting your eyes glance over one image? That's what this RP intends to find out. This is what I like to call an inspiration RP. I'll provide the pictures, you bring the characters and the stories those pictures present, and make them your own. The setting can be any place at any time, and the characters can be anyone. All I ask is that you let yourself be inspired by the pictures I provide. Not entirely. For example, if there's an image of a girl with butterfly wings playing in a garden, you may be inspired to create a scene in a garden- and the girl may have nothing to do with it. Or you may be inspired to create a winged character- an angel perhaps, who may or may not be anywhere near a garden. Be creative with this.

The images will be rotated at random, and I'll do my best to have a variety of genres and subject matter posted, to get the most out of everyone's inspiration.

Dreaming I was dreaming.
:arrow: vitamin_kitten
:arrow: Sky Harper
:arrow: Jorick
:arrow: Igraine
:arrow: Kaito

Last edited by vitamin_kitten on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words {FULL} Empty Images

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:03 am

Last edited by vitamin_kitten on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:53 am; edited 5 times in total
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words {FULL} Empty Re: A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words {FULL}

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:08 am

As I said in the interest check, I will not be making the first IC post- whoever feels inspired to make one can. Take a look at the pictures, and write what comes to mind based on them. Just be sure to title the thread "A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words" (just like the interest check and OOC threads), link back to the OOC thread here, and paste a link to the IC thread (so we don't have everyone trying to make the first IC post); once I have the link, I'll edit it into this thread. Readysetgo :arrow:

Also, if you'd like to join, keep an eye out- right now I've closed applications for the RP, to see how well it goes with this number of people. If it looks like we could work with a few more people, I'll open it back up. Nod
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words {FULL} Empty Re: A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words {FULL}

Post by vitamin_kitten Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:54 am

So I was wondering if anyone was going to make the first post- if you guys need different pictures, let me know. I mean, the point is to draw inspiration from random images- kinda spur of the moment- but if these ones really aren't working for you, let me know.
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Harper Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:26 am

Alright, sorry this took so long, I've been pretty busy with RL stuff. I only created something for one of the pictures. Hope that is okay! Take a look at the IC Thread.

Sky Harper
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.themystictitantrilogy.ownforum.org  <--- The forum fo

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:29 pm

There we go - I just didn't want to be the first one to post. XD Second is just fine with me...

ETA: Though it would seem we need a mod to move either this thread to Casual, or the IC thread here to Advanced? Ooooops... hehe
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Harper Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:16 am

Yah, I put it in the wrong spot. Sorry about that! :/

Sky Harper
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:17 pm

I'll PM a mod and ask them if they can move the thread. Nod Going to take a look at the IC thread now. Very Happy

PS: don't worry that it only involves one of the pictures- your inspiration doesn't have to come from all of them, and it doesn't even have to be obvious which picture(s) inspired you. Nod

EDIT Also, it would seem there is some confusion about how this RP is supposed to work. Rather than posting random bits of writing that don't really go together, this is like any other RP. People get inspired for plots by many things around them- songs, books, movies- the point of this RP is that the inspiration for plot and characters will come from the pictures.

Perhaps I should have done the first post. ^^; I just wanted this to be more of a cooperative effort where I wasn't having to actually lead the RP anywhere on my own- I wanted everyone to work together to bring it somewhere, using images to find plot and characters.

Hopefully that makes more sense. Sky, if you'd like to keep the poem for your own uses, that's fine. I think we'll use Igraine's post as a starting point, however. I realize that the way I explained the way the RP was going to work was probably a little confusing, so I'm sorry about that. Hopefully everything is clearer now. Nod

EDIT part II The new IC thread can be found here, and also linked at the top of the first post in this thread; I'll get a post up sometime today. Once Sky has told me what they want done with the poem, I'll as a mod to delete the other thread. Again, sorry for the confusion. I feel really bad about that. ^^;;
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:14 pm

For what it's worth, Kitten, all I did for my post was just imagine that Sky Harper's poem was actually a bard's song that Liliandra heard in the inn/tavern she works in, and took it from there. Very Happy
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Hmm ... I guess that could work. I'll see what Sky Harper says about what she wants done with the poem, and if she wants, I can edit it into the new IC thread before what I quoted of your post. Nod
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Harper Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:55 pm

I really don't mind what happens with it...I already have it saved, so whatever you want to be done, it's your roleplay. Sorry, I guess I read the directions wrong!

Sky Harper
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:57 pm

No, it's okay, I don't think it was very clear. ^^; I understood cuz, well, I was the one who came up with the idea, so yeah. ^^; I know Igraine was writing her post under the assumption that the poem was something her character had heard, but I haven't had a chance to read her post yet, so once I do, I'll see if it fits along with it, and then make my own post, and I think things will run much more smoothly after that. Nod
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:06 am

Sky, I kept your poem and edited it into the first IC post- things should run more smoothly now (I'm about to go make a post).
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down