FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madness at Mutant Academy

+3
Fate Flyer
Eternity
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
7 posters

Go down

Madness at Mutant Academy Empty Madness at Mutant Academy

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Thu May 28, 2009 6:57 pm

I just woke up from a nap, and I had this crazy dream that's too good not to take advantage of. It had so much depth and detail, I think it'll be one of the greatest RPs I've ever come up with.

The Story

Five years ago, four mutant Professors got together to form an Academy for people like them. They are Professor Ruse, Professor Zaltman, Professor Linda, and Professor Moore. Their 'teaching method' is anything but conventional. Instead of holding classes, each student is given a time in which they are to meet with each Professor once a week, and every student is required to live on campus. The only time you see your professors is once a week? There's gotta be more to it! Oh, but there is. Living at the Academy is a constant test of mind, body, and will power. The Professors provide their students with constant challenges to overcome, and the only way to graduate is to survive. Some say it's evil, that you shouldn't force your students to put their lives in danger. Others say it's genius, and upon graduation, each student will be all to capable of handling the life of a Mutant.

The Campus

The Mutant Academy is made up of three buildings that surround a vast forest in a Triangle shape. The first building is the main hall, where students can meet to socialize, meet with their professors, and visit the library. Judging from it's appearance, you wouldn't expect this to be anything but a normal college. This building is located at the southwestern most point of the campus. Directly across from the main hall are the student dorms. Nothing out of the ordinary here, except the students themselves that is. Here students live, eat, do laundry, and just go about their daily routine. There's even your occasional party! The third building is restricted to the students, but it seems to go through a lot of activity. This building is known only as The Restricted Zone, and any student that dare to have ever entered it have never been seen again. Is this a secret government building? Is this Academy really a suttle way of eliminating Mutants? No one knows, but one thing is fact. There is a mysterious being that guards The Restricted Zone, and it has a taste for blood. The forest in the center is dangerous and mysterious, yet a brave student may work up the nerve to go investigate. It is said that the most difficult tests are held here, and once you enter the forest you come out completely different.

Forest Inhabitants

It is said that well before the college was built, there was a tribe of nomadic animal worshipers that dwelled in the forest. They possessed the ability to temporarily take the form of the animals they worshiped. This varied from person to person, as one person may worship wolves and tigers while the other worshiped eagles and falcons. Legend has it that they wished to leave the forest and make their people known throughout the lands. This made the animal spirits that they worshiped very angry, and every member of the tribe was trapped in an animal form. The tribe practiced what is known as life debts. This means that if anyone was to save or spare their life in a merciful way, they are to travel with them and serve them until they can repay the favor. It is rumored that if you enter one of these tribes people in the forest, they will attack you viciously, and if you are able to calm their rage their curse is lifted. In this manner, if you calm them down from an attack, they see it as sparing their life mercifully, and in turn will stay with you until they can save you.

That's all I have right now. I'll begin posting up character sheets with info on the professors and my character if people seem interested in this. I didn't post in the idea thread because I wanted to be sure to get everything out before I forgot about it. I hope this RP attracts a lot of attention, because it really was an amazing dream.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Madness at Mutant Academy Empty Re: Madness at Mutant Academy

Post by Eternity Thu May 28, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm interested, and will make a character as soon as you put up a character sheet outline, or at least make your own XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Thu May 28, 2009 8:06 pm

I actually already have my character in mind and his abilities. He was in the dream too.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu May 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Lol well, do you have any kind of character requirements for a character sheet, or do I just throw a character together for your approval?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu May 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Wow, that is an incredible dream! It's like a fusion of X-Men (Mutant Academy), Harry Potter (four founders of the school), and Star Wars (Jedi Academy). Very Happy I wish I could have a dream like that.

Well, ugh. I already am so, so behind in my role-plays I've already committed to, but I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Thu May 28, 2009 9:58 pm

The only requirement that I have is that your character's mutation isn't ridiculous. My character's mutation is going to be similar to Wolverine's except he'll be able to morph into a wolf, like in my dream. So he'll have animal like senses, his strength will be slightly above average but not enough to be considered Super Human. Basically, he's not really buff but he can still bench like 800 pounds. He won't be able to lift cars or anything crazy like that.

Just remember that on X-Men, all the main characters had really powerful mutations. I don't want everyone to have mutations like that because it would more than likely make certain tests easier for your character and you'd have an advantage over other people. The only people that are going to have very strong mutant abilities in this RP will be the professors.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu May 28, 2009 10:43 pm

I want to ask if I can morph my character's emotions into different weapons
Let me explain:

If she tries to institute the feeling of sorrow she could eject her emotions from her body and create perhaps a scythe for sorrow. In doing such, her body becomes a shell or puppet for battle. Because she is using her emotion(s) to create tangible weapons, during battle she is well focused and merciless. Though sometimes she has difficulties with her shell of a body making a 'connect' with her emotion-built weapon and thus getting out of hand. Say if she had a connect with her anger weapon, she'd probably go on a bloody killing spree.
If she made a connect with a sorrow weapon, she'd probably act out strangely or not kill but come very close. I'll further explain a bit more:

She is not super powerful.
Her strength is average for a woman who works out and trains hard to handle herself well. Because she becomes emotionless during battle, she can usually push her limits a bit further than normal- which she pays for when her weapons disappear and emotions return.

These are her weapons and emotions.

Anger/Hate: A thick black axe with a red edge on the blade and red leather wrap around the handle section. If one looks into the blade, some may say to see the mirage-like image of fire burning.

Sorrow/Sadness: A long blue-ish scythe that has a crescent blade. The staff itself is slightly coiled in shape and has the glistening mirage-like image of rain falling within it.

Greed/Envy: A long dark green whip with a set of thorns at the edge. In the handle, which is quite long itself, one could see the mirage-like image of coiling snakes.

Lust: A set of two twin katanas with a sleek form and purple handles. If one looks into the steel of the blade, the mirage-like image of a beautiful woman is said to be seen.

Love: Love is not a weapon, but instead a defense. It is harder for her to summon than the others. Love is a broad golden shield that has no handle, but instead holds itself forward- far too big to be held. It is harder to wield and conduct, and can only be used masterfully if a connect is made. If one looks into the golden shield, they are said to see a beating heart.

She cannot wield multiple weapons at once, and if she switches a weapon, she has to be out of harms way for a long enough time to come back into herself, then reach back out into a weapon form once more.

does this make any sense at all?
Because I day-dreamed this XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Thu May 28, 2009 11:00 pm

I suppose it makes sense in a way. I don't see why you can't use it, could be interesting.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu May 28, 2009 11:03 pm

sweet and awesome.
So no character sheets just... whatever? Lol.
When do we begin?!?! Lol!!!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Thu May 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Be patient. I just got done cranking out two over do posts. I'll get the sheets up here shortly, I'm just taking a moment to enjoy some sandwiches first. Probably even hook up this TV and pop a movie in.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu May 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Lol well I'm probably gonna' hit the sack here.

It's like almost midnight here. And I've got a monster migraine coming on so I look like a terrorist with a wet towel wrapped around my head LOL.

Goodnight Lucien Smile Can't wait to try this rp! Awesome work.
Later

~Eternity
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri May 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Hm, this seems interesting. It to late to join? ^_^
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Fri May 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Not at all, I haven't even posted my character sheet yet. Like I said this probably won't get underway immediately, I just wanted to post it up while the dream was still freash in my head. I have several other RP obligations that hold higher priority at the moment and I have been known to be a slow poster...
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri May 29, 2009 9:47 pm

No worries hun. I can understand that, I'm sorta like that as well. Just let me know once you get everything rolling because I'd really love to join! I've had this character, Sparks, around for years but never really get to use her. Would be nice to dust her off and see what fate will weave for her this go round...last time she wasn't so lucky. ^_^
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncommoner Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:52 am

I don't know if there's been anything going on with this thread for the past week or so, but I'd love to bump it because I would be super-stoked to hop on in with the wild ride. Still thinking about giving birth to this brain baby eventualy? I'm a sucker for Supers.
Uncommoner
Uncommoner
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:38 am

Of course. But I have more important things to worry about right now and my Star Wars RP is my number one priority. I will get this underway eventually.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Goose Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Yeah I'm interested in joining this RP once you're able to commit enough time to moderating this one as well. I'll be watching!
Captain Goose
Captain Goose
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimcube27 Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:28 am

If its not too late can I join? I don't mind how long its gonna take yout to get it se up and started, Ill watch this thread for news and ill start working on a character Razz
Jimcube27
Jimcube27
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down