FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some kind of idea..

3 posters

Go down

Need some kind of idea.. Empty Need some kind of idea..

Post by Doxepin Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:42 pm

So I'm not exactly sure what I want to do.. I know it should be action-y/romance-y but other than that I have nothing. I'm up for ideas and am kind of hoping someone might want to take the time to actually flesh out a plot so we're not starting off with a million questions.

Also, I'm new to FOG so I'd appreciate it if you could be patient with me. I'm not used to this kind of set up.

Doxepin
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Need some kind of idea.. Empty Re: Need some kind of idea..

Post by Hamster Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:27 pm

First of all, welcome to FOG. Quite new here myself, so if you need directions I'm probably not your best bet. Seeing that this is your first post I can see you haven't introduced yourself though, so you if you make a post here and introduce yourself that'd be great. I've noticed that most around here are quite insane have quite the interesting minds, but we're all harmless mostly. Wink

Onto your question. My own inspiration is sparse right now, so everything coming out is used by myself. I can help you forward with a couple of questions though. Smile

Would you like the setting to be in a fantasy realm with swords, magic, orcs/elves/lizard folk etcetera?
Or perhaps in a sci-fi setting with laser guns, aliens, space ships and the like?
Or maybe a realistic setting on Earth with guns, cops & criminals, school, work and all the daily things?
Or even something entirely different than those three?
Or would you want a setting that already exists, like your favourite tv show/game/book?

How important is the action or romance factor for what you're aiming for? Do you find one more important than the other, or would you like an even balance between them?

Even if you don't have an idea further than action-y/romance-y, people are usually drawn towards a specific genre that catches their attention. If you know a genre you'd like to build a setting in, or have an existing setting from a movie or tv show you'd like to make your own story in, then I'm sure one of us here can help you out. ^_^
Hamster
Hamster
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Doxepin Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:09 pm

Oh, wow thanks ^^

Uhm.. I didn't know what to say eactly when introducing myself to a knew place so I just went straight to trying to roleplay..

Thank you for the questions to help me out. I suppose you could say I'm looking for a fantasy roleplay or maybe a setting on Earth.

The romance factor isn't really important, just what I'm used to, but I would like a lot of action.

Thank you again for the help. I'm crap when it comes to stuff like this.

Doxepin
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Well, if you want to get started on the roleplays, and want action, I could point you towards an interest check over in the Advanced Section, by the name of Byjôrd.

Of course, I'm not into shameless advertising, so I'd never do such a thing.

Like Hamaster said, I would most definitely recommend putting up an introduction, even if it's just to say: "Hi, I'm Doxepin. I like action/romance adventures."

Usually ideas hit me while reading, and watching TV (One just hit me now, and I'm going off to put it into words before it disappears). Perhaps find a favorite book?
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamster Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:27 pm

My pleasure, helping others is always fun. Wink

I'll just share my ideas as they come up in my head right now, and I hope they're useful to you.

Okay, so either a fantasy setting or a realistic/Earth-based one.. or perhaps a mix of both? First thing that popped in my mind was a normal world where the barrier between reality and fantasy/fiction faded, and all the consequences that come with it. Maybe it's useful to you, maybe it's nothing, but if I don't share we'd never know, right? ^_^

And alright, action is the primary one. Lots of action usually comes hand in hand with strong emotions, and that's bound to lead to passion. Romance will follow quick enough I think.

With realistic/Earth-based things you can go several ways, there's modern day, important historical events ( second world war, for example. People tend to get closer in dire situations, and there's plenty of action naturally in a country at war), and lots of RPs I've seen have been based in the middle ages (knights, damsels, kingdoms... lots of possibility for action and romance).

In the modern day there are also several action-packed directions you could go. First thing popping in my head were the bad guys like the maffia, with drugs, people of power and status, and fueds between the cops and each other for several reasons. Powerful people also usually have quite the passionate life, so there'd be plenty opportunity of romance.
The good guys see plenty of action too though, special squad trying to keep a criminal-infested city/state clean perhaps? There could be intrigues at work between such a tight team, and forbidden loves are always fun.
And there's also the innocent getting wrapped up in business where they don't belong, and trying to get out of it.

The fantasy realm often sees itself around the middle ages, but with added things like magic and alien races. There's also plenty of modern day fantasy of course though, just look at all the marvel and DC comics about the X-men, spiderman, batman, the hulk, iron man, captain america, fantastic four, watchmen... all based in the modern day. (disclaimer, I'm not sure if they're all from DC or Marvel, but I know the majority is at least. Razz ..oh, and I'll add Deadpool to the list, just for Squall)

Lots of options to go really, I named some examples but there are of course lots more. Anything that sparked your interest? Smile

I'll soon try and narrow it down btw, but I don't want you to pick something out of a selection but something that entirely comes from you, so I'm keeping it all very broad right now. Very Happy
Hamster
Hamster
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Doxepin Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:30 pm

My idea of a fantasy role play usually consists of vampires and werewolves. But not the Twilight kind.. Heh, too many people do that and it gets annoying..

I like the X-men stuff although I'm not too familiar with it. I understand the mutant vs humans/mutant vs mutant thing so I'm sure a RP like that would be fun.

I have an idea for a one on one I'd like to try out here, it falls along the lines of a mafia type.

Doxepin
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamster Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:31 pm

I steered clear of all aspects of Twilight, and nowadays I'm hearing more and more on how great that idea was. Razz (only thing I heard was sparkling vampires and I thought '..eh?')

And you already have an idea for a mafia type one eh? Share it, there's bound to be people active enough and interested. Very Happy
Hamster
Hamster
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Doxepin Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:38 pm

Well I don't exactly have it all mapped out yet and I like to be prepared when sharing an idea. I suppose the gist of it would be two contract killers, both employed by different families, have been sent out on the same target. So far that's about it though.

I tried it out in a different RP site and it didn't take very well, mainly because the person I was with didn't feel the need to post very often..

Doxepin
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamster Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:39 am

Well, usually with one on one roleplays it's best if the plot is fleshed out together with the other person. If it is written and agreed upon by both the players they're usually both enthusiastic about it.

It wouldn't surprise me that if you made a topic saying 'anyone up for a mafia-type one-on-one roleplay?' you'd get a response quick enough. Wink

I'd join one myself, but my time and inspiration is limited, and if I join something I want to be able to commit myself fully to it.

Something which worked out awesome for myself is writing up a story in short chapters with someone else, half of the chapters being done by me and from my character's perspective, every other chapter written by my friend and in her character's perspective. We just fleshed out the basic idea of major events in those chapters and one of us would start writing. In the end it does break the rule of 'do not use another's character in your posts' but if both the users can agree on it there should be no problem I think.
That concept isn't easy with people you don't know though, I roleplayed with my friend for a couple of years before we made that one, and we're used to each other's writing style and preferences. Smile

And yes, inactivity killed the majority of roleplays I've been in, and the one I hosted once as well. This place seems rather active though, even fast-paced compared to what I'm used to. (Which is one roleplay post a week roughly, but you can well find that slow and be used to daily posting. Razz )
Hamster
Hamster
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down