FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-clears throat- Howdy...

+7
Fate Flyer
Igraine
Kalon Ordona II
Squall Reyes
Inerio
Seer
Firefeather
11 posters

Go down

-clears throat- Howdy... Empty -clears throat- Howdy...

Post by Firefeather Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:47 am

Wonderful topic title, eh? XDD

Can't say 've ever actually done an introduction thread 'cept once before but I'd al-Anyhow, XD. Sorry...

I dunno how to truly start. Lets see... well I basically joined maye an hour after I found an email in my inbox that took me by surprise, especially since I'd been inactive at Lilymud for a while, once and a short bit popping on but y'know...

Anyhow, just a quick heads up before I really get the ball rolling on this introduction, I tend to ramble, heh...

So, to be quite honest, I do role-play, but more or less it's the medieval-like fantasy with dragons and stuff and men in that gleaming armor and such. Usually startin' the taverns too XDD. And please don't mind any typos, if you happen to notice them, unfortunately I tend to focus on the keyboard and not the screen heh...

Anywho, all out, I am a girl but I role-play more male characters than female for some reason, I'm still working on that. Hobbies....gotta be role-playing, writing stories that I rarely ever finish, and drawing mostly. Then you've got the outdoor catching al the wonderful snakes, frogs, and other fun critters and listening to a variety of music.

Also, I tend to use metaphors...a lot. Too often but regardless. Sometimes they help, sometimes they don't and whatev.

Hmm...dunno what else really to add. I was all, "Yay! Intro!" And then poof, XDD. But if you didn't fall asleep through that, then you've gathered the basics about myself.

And I must thank one for emailing me. The only location I tend to role-play, is on a game but the -ehem- amount of semi-litrate to literate role-players on there is limited...

Firefeather
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

-clears throat- Howdy... Empty Re: -clears throat- Howdy...

Post by Seer Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:05 am

Welcome to Fog! ^^. Make sure to read the rules and such. I love medieval-fantasy roleplays with dragons and men in brigga as well. I like starting in taverns to. 0.0. Ahem. Anyway, I use metaphors way to often in my roleplaying I think.... Well I hope you enjoy yourself here and make lots of friends.
Seer
Seer
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://pathlesstraveled.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:15 am

OH HAY THUR!!! ANOTHER NEW JERSEY PERSON!!!

You do know that there can only be one Jersey girl here, right? ::draws sword:: We must duel.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefeather Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:17 am

Haha, thank you, and aye, I've already hit the fancy stuff, usually do before joining anything. And iz good for the dragons and the taverns, XDD. Unfortunately, I haven't hit any dragon roleplays as of late because nobody's interested, XD, so if'n ever I happen to join any here, might seem a wee bit rusty...

And thank you, XDD, I do look forward to this gig, seems entertaining, 'specially for the late nights, XDD.

Oh? Oh? Is that? I se how it is, mm hmm. -whips out a shiny sword- But you must be aware! I am a master of notbeinabletoholdtheswordupforareallylongtimesoletsmakethisquickplease! Been a while since I met anyone else from Joisey! XD You live by the shore or more inland? If you don't mind my asking, that is...

Firefeather
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:35 am

It won't post the pic so here's a link.

Not sure if I've used this one yet or not. If I have people let me know and I will get another!

Anyways welcome to FOG!

Last edited by Squall Reyes on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:35 am

the medieval-like fantasy with dragons and stuff and men in that gleaming armor and such
Glomp

Welcome to the FOG!! Warriror
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:23 am

Welcome to FOG, Firefeather, and it's wonderful to have you here. Settle in, enjoy yourself, and make yourself at home. Wave
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:10 am

Heya, Firefeather!

-clears throat- Howdy... WelcomeToFOG

I'm happy that one of my e-mails that I sent from Lilymud reached one of you guys! ^_^ There are some great RPers there, but a lot of them have become inactive on the site, so I wasn't sure whether or not too much time had passed and they'd use different e-mails by now (as I sure do from my original account there). Ah, but anyway.

Hobbies....gotta be role-playing, writing stories that I rarely ever finish, and drawing mostly. Then you've got the outdoor catching al the wonderful snakes, frogs, and other fun critters and listening to a variety of music.
Very nice! Nod Those are my hobbies exactly too! Aww

We're glad to have you here as part of the community, and I hope to be seeing you around!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:13 am

*Puts on Dr. Phill mask*

Now, I know I use a lot of metaphors, but FoG is a glistening haven among a sea of crap. Now, you could try to swim in the crap, but everyone knows it's better to stay on land. Occasionally you'll find a gem in all that crap, but that's when a coal miner finds gold, sure it's nice and surprising, but you usually get black lung in the process, plus coal mining is a dirty job. Jobs are a tricky thing, which is what FoG isn't. It's more of a career with holiday pay, advancement opportunities, and great medical benefits, which'll come in handy if you're working in those coal mines. But this isn't a full time job, you can work here for a bit, and then go off somewhere else, so long as you realize, that that somewhere else, is probably Europe back when they still had the black plague. Now...

Aww shit, I lost myself. Opera, cut to a commercial while I go write out some more cue cards.

*Commercial*

If you liked what you just read, you can now buy bottles of distilled Dio, for just 9 easy payments of 0.99. Here's how to order:

Just write, 'Dio is a sexy beast', and provide your credit card details in this thread, and you're on your way to becoming more like Dio himself.

*End commercial*

So, this is Dr. Dio here, and this is my show, "WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!"

Thanks for watching.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Dio is a sexy beast

Uhh...
620-3509-2490?

Anyhoo, welcome to the boards, I also tend to RP as the opposite gender, as well as make stories I never, ever finish.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Hey there, welcome aboard!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Hmm... I think I better step up my welcoming routine, eh?

Next time... heheh. Next time.... Twisted Evil
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:24 pm

RAGTER! That are not a cradit card!?!

No Dio juice for you! >:[
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorin Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:05 pm

I make the best welcome, Because theres nothing a Power Ranger can't do, and you now have the servitude of THREE, count em 1,2,3 Power Ranger Squads.

Welcome BTW..
Sorin
Sorin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:50 pm

God dang it, I wanted some Dio juice Sad Anything else I can do for some?
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Oh yeah all you have to do is .
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefeather Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:46 am

Wow, I missed a good deal of posts, XDD. One at a time...I hope, XD.

Okai. First, thank you, thank you all for welcoming me(sorry if the 'thank yous' and any 'your welcomes' become obnoxious, bad habit, heh. But seriously, thank you, XD. For some reason I get mm... I guess a decent term is uncomfortable when posting a topic to introduce myself. Not sure why, stage fright? Eh. XDD

Anywho! Second! I'mma start workin' on some bios for me charries, I've got quite a few, more often being of a same reptilian like race, if you've ever played EverQuest 1 and 2 then you understand what I'm talking about. But yeah, and I tend tofavor evil and the general dark-hearted gaiz, XDD. But yeah... Might take a bit, I dun usually make biographies for the less lion-like, XD because I cannto locate anywhere to role-play them that is considerably active and so on in that same excuse, XD. If they're a bit choppy, which they might be since I'm not necessarily on my best foot right now heh, I would greatly appreciate advice(working on the lurking gig! XD).

And I can has not much moneh on mai credit card, XDD. I can point you in the general direction of some freeloading cars though! Never hurts to have extra cars! XD

Interesting comic snippet also, XDD that was amusing. Also, I do recall seeing that fancy lil' power ranger avatar off of a site...-scratches head- Horrid memory, XD Hilarious though.

And also, I will admit I haven't been particularly active on the Lilymud site. I've never taken an activity to out-of-character chitchat and role-playing gig there had become rather...inactive last I checked(not recently). But I do greatly appreciate that email, from te looks of it, this site will keep my attention drawn my imagination gears on the grind from the activity I've seen.

I will note for future ref, if necessary, of my sometimes becoming inactive myself due to temporary loss of interest in role-playing and such. I do bounce back but yeah... Also, I might be a wee busy sometimes, especially if one gets me on msn(...I said it for teh lulz! [Dun ask...]) mostly because I play as one of them fancy high rolls. Site Admin for a game forum and moderator for said game. Not a lot happens but I enjoy trying to untangle the drama sometimes and righting the wrongs... But yeah, excessive info sometimes help, especially if you ever want to locate me. (Good god it sounds like I'm all set for moving out of somewhere, XD) Sorry, I'm in rambling mode, drama in the family....venting doodaa stuff.

Yeah...sorry about all that. Anyhow, if you managed to read through that before hitting the z's if you get my drill, XD, I do look forward to some good role-play XD. And sorry for lateness, I usually get on late, EST, especially when I got some busy mornin's.... Okay. Okay. I'm done. Sorry, heh... Hope I covered all the replies too, being lazy...

Firefeather
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:08 am

Firefeather, you're adorable, and I like you already! ^__^

Oooh, your characters sound really interesting. I haven't come across many reptilian species for characters, so neat! You can still make lion bios here too though. :] I still need to post all my animal characters here, actually!

I think we all go through those periods where we need to take a bit of a break from RPing and such, but then again, I think all hobbies are like that! Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefeather Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:19 pm

XDD Thankies, and thankies again, that's more relaxing XDD, be all "Hai!" -few days later- "See ya in a few we-days!"

And right on, I reckon I'll slowly be merging all my bios together, XD. As for said critter charries, that oughtta be fun, peakin' of which, must check out other members' bios.

Uuuh, also. For some of my lion biographies on a forum I used to go on to, to a sense I did use a"first-person" like way to describe them. In a sense it depicted attitude and such and one could get a taste of the character. Was curious if it might be alright if I could continue on with the first-person way or if it might get confusing?

-Figured I'd ask now before I post them...-

Firefeather
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:41 pm

It's up to you if you want to talk in first person or not. I've seen it executed really well, and I also was really attracted to some past RPs where the role-players used it too. I agree that it can really help to get inside the head of your character. :] That would definitely be fine, unless for some reason the people you are role-playing with would rather you didn't.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefeather Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Right on, and alrighty, thankies XD gonna hit the Oekaki for now first, XD, then bios then so on, XDD, and I do look forward to crossing pathes in role-play and out again, thank you, XD

Firefeather
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 pm

Sure thing! Smile Oooh, sounds fun! Can't wait to see what you draw too. Very Happy Definitely!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 pm

Huh...in the animal RP I was in, it was in 3rd person..then again, the animals could talk in that one, so maybe that isn't the best thing to reference, hm? >>
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefeather Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:34 pm

Meh, in the end I s'pose it'll depend on what might seem the best, XDD. But shoot, either way it oughta be fun. Might simply keep the 1st person-ing in the biography board setion and any characters I use in role-plays that are from the topic there, I'l elaborate on.

Sorry if'n that got a wee confusing...

Firefeather
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Welcome to FoG, Firefeather.

You'll find that many of us are ramblers, but that's not a bad thing. I hope you enjoy the place... for you can never leave...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down