FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well howdy y'all

4 posters

Go down

well howdy y'all Empty well howdy y'all

Post by herladyholiday Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:29 am

Name's LJ. I'm Southern belle stranded in London. I miss real summers terribly. And grits. God, I miss grits. I also miss roleplaying from the way-back-when-AOL-days. Does anyone else remember AOL? I mean, we used to pay for that shit! Can I say shit? I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere in the rules that I can say shit. If not, my bad! Rhy'Din. Does anyone remember Rhy'Din? Medieval Tavern? OCS? If anyone else wants to get all teary about the 90s and grumble about kids these days, I'm here. I'm also here to play, though I'm a virgin to forums and to be honest, quite shy to put my business out there for everyone to see. Hoping some kindly veterans or balls to the walls fellow newbies will push me into the deep end. Oh gosh, ramble ramble ramble, am I right? But wait, there's more!

I like to play lady parts. Wait, wait, that came out wrong. I mean, I prefer to play female characters, yeah. I can be persuaded to play male leads but I will pout about it. I would love love love to meet your original characters, especially if they're on the darker, grittier side. Genre wise, I can swing pretty much anything, though I'm pretty terrible at futuristic, science fiction territory. Fandoms? Gurrrrl, you know how I do. My guilty pleasures are Harry Potter and FFVIII (I haven't played any other FF's, sorry!). If you play a mean Draco Malfoy or a Seifer Almasy, I will grant you three wishes. If you want me to play a Ginny to your Harry or a Rinoa to your Squall, I will grant you a little bit of vomit from my mouth dribbling onto your shoe.

If the length of my intro turns you off, we probably won't mesh well together as writers. If it's not so much the length but just ... me ... well, that's what this face right here Sad is for. If you're making a Smile face, get in touch. If you're making a bom face, I mean, it looks like you have a fried egg coming out of your head? Sunny-side-up? Get in touch as well because you must lead an interesting life, sir or madam.

LJ x

herladyholiday
herladyholiday
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

well howdy y'all Empty Re: well howdy y'all

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:45 pm

Welcome to FoG! With so many interests you're bound to find a RP that you would be interested in joining. Not gonna lie I am a big fan of FF8. Great game with some awesome characters (was a bit of a Squall fan). Don't feel bad about the rambling, it lets us older members get to know you. As for the first time on a forum its not that hard to get used to it. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. We are a good group here. Enjoy your stay!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by herladyholiday Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Oh yay hi! FF8 fistbump! Squall is a cutie, but I just found the main pairing a bit snoozefest. Thanks for the welcome. Enjoying stalking everyone's posts so far. Some mighty fine writing here.
herladyholiday
herladyholiday
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:22 pm

It's like they picked the most annoying female character in the game to pair up with the main guy. Or at least that's how I felt. And yes we pride ourselves on quality writing here, of which we have a lot of.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:22 am

Welcome to the FOG, Lady Holiday!
Long intros are the best. cheers
My face was sort of a... we don't have one... one of these. :>

Never fear, you'll fit in well around here, and we'll be on hand for forum help whenever you need it. You're definitely in the right place for quality writing and role-playing, so do enjoy your exploration of the site, and we'll see you around! If you have any questions early on, a great place to ask is right here in your intro thread, while we're getting to know you anyway. ^_^

Righty-o, then. Welcome welcome! Happy writing, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by herladyholiday Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:57 am

Sunwolf007 wrote:It's like they picked the most annoying female character in the game to pair up with the main guy.

PREACH.

And hi, Kalon! Thanks for the welcome. I've been stalking your Sephiris thread. Love me some high fantasy.
herladyholiday
herladyholiday
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 pm

We've garnered a reader? Sweet! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed May 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Welcome to FoG, LJ! Pleased to meet a fellow Southern Belle. Can I just say that my mental voice read your intro with a Southern accent? Haha! I'm actually born and raised in the south as well, though I don't have much of an accent.

ANYWAY! It's great to have a writer with so many varied interests join our community! No worries if you have no forum experience yet. I had very little when I joined FoG, and it was no trouble at all getting settled. It sounds like you're already finding your way around the place, so enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by herladyholiday Wed May 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Thanks, darlin'! My accent gets especially heavy when I'm drunk. Or when I'm talking to a twat whose only understanding of the American South comes from bad TV. Asshats.

So, yeah, always a pleasure to meet a kindred spirit! Very Happy
herladyholiday
herladyholiday
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down