FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Found My New Puppy!

5 posters

Go down

I Found My New Puppy! Empty I Found My New Puppy!

Post by Loki Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 pm

cheers We have a winner!

Here are the personality results of their personalities:
Note: First pup is 294, Second pup is 006, and Third pup is Mercedes' 4 week old

OK. Mercedes' pup is only 4 weeks old ... a bit timid still. He's "coming around" but he's more resistant to weaning than the females. The girls will approach us when we walk into the pen, but, he tends to stay back ... doesn't resist when we pick him up, just still a "momma's boy". He is also the runt of the litter, so he's likely to be more submissive.

As for Isis' boys ...

Dominance testing: Both boys did well. 294 resisted a bit longer, but, both boys love having their tummies rubbed. Placing them on their backs - or cradling them on their backs - is something we do with all puppies from the day they begin taking their first steps.

Independence testing: Both boys run about while we are walking them, tails up. They will stop to investigate something that catches their attention, but, then catch up to us. Both are very active.

Prey testing: Neither of these boys show anything other than a casual interest in the ducks and cats that wander around the barn ... if either wanders close enough, the boys will run towards them but once the cats/ducks scurry off, the boys lose interest and move on to something else.

As for water, neither minds bathing. But, neither plays in their drinking water (unlike one of the females that is constantly dumping the drinking water!). The male that went to Utah would run and jump in the pond every time he got near enough. The rest of the boys would walk up to the edge and walk into the water up to their bellies, but, wouldn't just jump in.

#294 appears to have a more stocky build and his coat is a bit longer and darker. Both boys give kisses when prompted, but are not prone to excessive licking. Ron has been working with them on a leash and sitting upon command. They are doing well on the leash ... no pulling or laying down. Both are beginning to understand "sit" but still require some prompting by applying a little pressure on the backside. At this point, it appears that neither will be a wooly like Nakota - they do have his coloring, though.

The timidity of Mercedes' pup worries me a bit since I plan on making him active in social situations and hopefully one day earn him Therapy Dog status. Unfortunately he is not what I am looking for.

Since the other two are pretty much evenly matched on all points aside from a slight difference in dominance, I am going with the more submissive and slender of the two. Also, I prefer the lighter coat of the silver over the sable. As such, the winner is the son of the dearly departed Isis and the massive bear-dog Nakota, Isis' Male.006; who will from this day forward be known as Takun.

Now I leave you with pictures to prove that he had always been absolutely adorable:
I Found My New Puppy! Male006100_4032
I Found My New Puppy! 100_4086
I Found My New Puppy! 100_4176
I Found My New Puppy! 100_4260
I Found My New Puppy! 100_4335
I Found My New Puppy! 100_4417
I Found My New Puppy! 100_4784-1
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

I Found My New Puppy! Empty Re: I Found My New Puppy!

Post by Lara Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:23 pm

I have mentioned that I'm jealous, yes? o:

Congrats on picking out a puppy, Loki! I hope he works out as a therapy dog (I've never thought about training one of those, but I've wanted to try and train a Seeing-Eye dog for years. Alas, again with the shedding...). Takun is an adorable name~.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:25 pm

Is that a Husky?!

OMG. I so envy you... Sad
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:38 pm

Close, Alaskan Malamute. Slightly larger than a Husky and with a plumed tail.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Oh!! So cuuuute! -Huggles the puppy.-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Even better! I like how his tail curls like that. It makes him like timelessly adorable! X]
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:53 am

Awww, Loki! I think you ended up making a good decision. I'm sure you'll be able to socialize him in now time. Smile He is absolutely adorable! I love his coloring as well. ^_^ Congratulations!!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:21 am

AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaws! He is ADORABLE! Date Flirt Hug

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down