FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's funny how things turn out, isn't it?

+6
Kiru Naka
Kathryn Lacey
Adrius Frostglare
Lara
Fate Flyer
Anemone
10 posters

Go down

It's funny how things turn out, isn't it? Empty It's funny how things turn out, isn't it?

Post by Anemone Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Well, isn't it?

For those on this site who do recognise me, I'm sure you'll all be happy

For those who don't recognise me, thats probably going to change very soon. As for what you associate with me... that may very well become death, happyness, insanity, or my oft-used Harpie RP battle character (which you will probably assiciate with the words above as well, for different reasons)
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

It's funny how things turn out, isn't it? Empty Re: It's funny how things turn out, isn't it?

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:24 pm

Hey, Anemone! Wave It's great to see you again. Hope all's been well with you! Welcome to FOG, hun. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

It's funny how things turn out, isn't it? Empty Re: It's funny how things turn out, isn't it?

Post by Lara Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:26 pm

Hello, Ane, welcome to FOG! Very Happy I don't recognize you now, but I'm sure I will once I see you around the site!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:27 pm

For those who don't recognise me, thats probably going to change very soon.

Awright.

As for what you associate with me... that may very well become death, happyness, insanity, or my oft-used Harpie RP battle character

You had me at death, got me deeper at happiness, had me begging for your hand in marriage at insanity, lost me at Harpie, and got me again as a friend at RP.

That soon enough? Wow, the memories we've built...
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Yeah... harpies done in the typical way are... well... shallow, jsut like their lore. I pretty much did Rosary from the ground up. My own version of harpie lore... genetics... festivities... attitudes... parenting methodolgy.... and other unlisted things soon followed.

In short, I went nerdcore with the Racial Duct-tape and Idea-Legos, and created what people in the sci-fi fandom may call a Quantum Awesomiser, and proceeded to use it to make a Cocawesome-Comigod, drank it, and burped this.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:05 am

Anemone wrote:Yeah... harpies done in the typical way are... well... shallow, jsut like their lore. I pretty much did Rosary from the ground up. My own version of harpie lore... genetics... festivities... attitudes... parenting methodolgy.... and other unlisted things soon followed.

Ah... building a world/race from the roots up... *wipes off a tear*

Anemone wrote:In short, I went nerdcore with the Racial Duct-tape and Idea-Legos, and created what people in the sci-fi fandom may call a Quantum Awesomiser, and proceeded to use it to make a Cocawesome-Comigod, drank it, and burped this.

You metaphors entice, intrigue, and even slightly arouse me. :smokin:
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:12 am

I remember you from S*T even if you don't remember me. I wasn't as large a presence there as I am here.

Welcome to FoG. I will admit I am a bit surprised to see you here, but there's no malice behind that surprise.

I hope you enjoy yourself here as much as so many others do. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:22 am

Adrius Frostglare wrote:

Ah... building a world/race from the roots up... *wipes off a tear*

Harpies needed someone to do them justice and capture both their origin, and modern flavor, in a tasteful, modern way (My take on them even successfully erxtends to modern day, without awkwardness. How do I know this, ive done it).

Adrius Frostglare wrote: You metaphors entice, intrigue, and even slightly arouse me. :smokin:

No, thats the Avatar's doing. While your mind was processing the words, it was stimulating the senses and bypassing the then-busy brain. Even as you read this, its working its subtle mind-control.

I should probably note that I'm from Surreal*Twilight, the same forum as Fate.... As for any animosity that certain events may have caused.... I can assure you... I will work hard to repair those rifts...

Also... I guess I should note im about as avid of a gamer as it gets, have a psycho lore research fettish, and know more about The World Ends With You (DS game) than its own creators.

And I'm vain, go figure.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiru Naka Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:01 am

Aneeeee! *Hugs*

I'm new too thanks to you, so I'm gonna get my intro posted as well in a minute. Just wanted to stop by and say hi first before I did that though.

>.> For some reason I thought I'd have more to say, lol. Oh well, my first post is spent greeting Ane, so that's mission accomplished for me! *Posts*
Kiru Naka
Kiru Naka
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:14 am

Actually, I don't know how your presence worked in the most recent events from S*T. I was just surprised to see you here because of the opinions you voiced in the thread on S*T that pertained to the post-size requirements. The ones here are significantly higher than S*T's ever were while I was there.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:52 am

Hey there, welcome to FOG.

I know, it's lamely minimalist, it almost sounds like it's a form letter from a congressman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:01 am

I've always been a firm believer in quality over quantity, and I know I have a ways to go, but length is rarely a bad thing. I'll act like the rules aren't there, maybe dropping a sentence below in high character interaction, low action scenes, and I'll still argue to the death that its a bad idea, but its hardly a bad idea that will give me any grief. I know my way around an RP post afterall.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:17 am

Oooo, harpies. Nice.
You seem quite the unique personality, Ms. Anemone. Pleased to make your acquaintance. ^^

And welcome to the FOG! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:55 am

Oh crap! Running out of introduction ideas. I must---- I must....

*lightbulb*

Step into the tenth dimension!

*7 dimensions later*

*psychedelic lights and old 70's funk*

hey mannnnnn..... hows it going? Down here in FoG, we take everything, like, to the next level man. I guess in the tenth dimension, everyones a stoner. uhh.... that was not my initial intention, but i'm gonna run with it.

This took a long time to do. I got lazy at the end. >.>

Welcome to the boards!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:56 am

That did very funky things to my eyes when I read that...

Welcome to FOG, Anemone Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:00 am

Wow, it's stoned like the end scene from Apocalypse Now in here all of a sudden.

"One through nine, no maybes, no supposes, no fractions. You can't travel in space, you can't go out into space, you know, without, like, you know, uh, with fractions, okay? What are you going to land on – one-quarter, three-eighths? What are you going to do when you go from here to Venus or something? That's dialectic physics. Dialectic logic is there's only love and hate, you either love somebody or you hate them."

And so forth...Dennis Hopper smoked more weed than you and I can even dream of for that scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:20 am

Welcome to FOG, Anemone.

*looks over rules again, and shrugs* I rather took the writing requirements as a challenge - it takes a bit more creativity to ensure you've got something worth the saying, and still, that's only in certain sections of these forums. It's more like learning to write a piece of formal poetry, where one can't really mess with the meter, syllable count, rhyme, and so on, and still be able to call the poem a "haiku" or a "ballad" or ... etc. You get the idea. Wink

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here! Wave
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:19 pm

. . . . The colors. . . There's. . . . So. . . Many! x_x

Hey Anemone! God, I love that name. Judging by your avatar and sig I'm going to guess you named yourself after the Eureka 7 character? Hm? Hm? HMMMMMMMMM? Am I right? Or do you just really like the flower?
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:19 pm

I agree with Igraine. The writing requirements are more of a challenge, even if they're not a difficult challenge for me. If I were you, I really wouldn't purposely ignore the writing requirement rules. I mean, I can understand slipping up once or twice, but making a habit of it really just ruins the idea that this is a serious role play community dedicated to writers who are above the par of other role play sites that don't really care about how well their members write.

I'm all for quality over quantity, too, but the writing requirements here are actually quite low, so I don't see why it should be so difficult to meet them.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:23 pm

I'm going to ignore them because I know I surpass them even when I don't acknwledge their existance. I know my posts go above them.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:32 pm

I hope so.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:40 pm

In all honesty, I don't think you'll have a problem at all meeting the requirements, Anemone. Smile I've never known you to be a super-short poster.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down