FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Starving Artist

4 posters

Go down

The Starving Artist Empty The Starving Artist

Post by Loki Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:51 pm

I think we can all agree that writing, and RPing by extension, is an art form, thus making the title relevant. If you disagree, too bad, I'm keeping it until I can think of something else.

ANYWAYS...

I wanted a thread where we all can get together and talk about stuff pertaining to food. The good, the bad, the odd, etcetera; it's all fair game from what you make at home to your experiences at a fast food chain. Share recipes, stories, or review or any combination there of.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

I think I’ll start things off with one of my favorite dessert dishes that is extremely easy to make and amazingly delicious, so much so that my friend gave it a particularly unusual name.

“Official” Name: Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Nickname*: Jizzberry Stew
Preparation Time: ~ 10 minutes
Time Until Serving: 30-90 minutes

* - A name created by one of my friends who nearly needed to change his pants after taking his first bite. O_o Don’t let the name fool you, it is neither something comprised of said berry or a stew in any way, more of an inside joke used for shock value. It is also helpful at deterring would be eaters from partaking, thus allowing more for your own consumption.

What you need:
Rectangular Casserole Pan (9x9 for this recipe, scale up as desired)
Ice Cream Sandwiches (1 box should cover a 9x9, but it never hurts to buy an extra just in case Wink Can be generic brand.)
1 Large Tub of Cool Whip (Allow to warm for easier workability)
Caramel Topping
Chocolate Topping
M&M’s (optional)

Preparation:
Place ice cream sandwiches along the bottom of the pan side-by-side, keeping them as close together as possible and halving sandwiches where needed. Spread entire tub of Cool Whip over top of the ice cream sandwiches and should reach near the top of the pan. Drizzle caramel and chocolate toppings and sprinkle M&M’s over Cool Whip as desired. From there, place in freezer for a few hours until Cool Whip thickens. Cut into squares, serve, and enjoy.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

The Starving Artist Empty Re: The Starving Artist

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:23 am

One rendition of that is to place four ice cream sandwiched side by side, spread toppings over it, place four more ice cream sandwiches side by side in the opposite direction of the first row, and freeze that. It's more like cake that way. ^^_^^ You can layer as many as you want, and the M&M's are a must.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:32 am

Lovely little idea, Loki. ^^

Mmmmm! That sounds absolutely delicious.

Unfortunately, I'm neither a good cook or baker. I basically fail in the kitchen. I don't know how to make things from scratch or really even prepare some simpler things. (Growing up, my mom never taught me.) So, I don't have anything that I could share, unless you want to learn how to turn pancakes into scrambled eggs? Lol!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:15 am

My girlfriend and I are huge fans of Good Eats; both of us idolize Alton Brown. Anyways, we came across one of his shows specializing on garlic and there was one recipe that looked absolutely delicious. It was called 40 Clove Chicken, no don't let the amount of garlic with this dish scare you; the way it is cooked the garlic actually tastes sweet and doesn't have an overpowering flavor or smell to it. Also, when it is done, the actual garlic cloves are very soft, sweet, and spreadable; which tastes amazing on a piece of french bread Wink. This dish is relatively easy to make, the hardest part is dividing the garlic (only because it takes time) and is well worth the effort to make.

40 Clove Chicken

Ingredients:

* 1 whole chicken (broiler/fryer) cut into 8 pieces
* 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 10 sprigs fresh thyme
* 40 peeled cloves garlic
* Salt and pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Toss with a 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown on both sides in a wide fry pan or skillet over high heat. Remove from heat, add oil, thyme, and garlic cloves. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.

Remove chicken from the oven, let rest for 5 to 10 minutes, carve, and serve.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:08 pm

Wow, this thread is a great idea. I can always use more cooking tips, as my cooking "expertise" (and I use that term loosely) mainly extends to pasta, sandwiches, and things I can throw in the microwave. Usually I don't have time to cook anything fancy when college is in session.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum