FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter *UPDATED SEPTEMB

5 posters

Go down

My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB Empty My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter *UPDATED SEPTEMBER 12*

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:09 pm

This quarter, I have a ton of drawings to do, so I thought I'd just make a thread where I can share them all with you guys! Smile We are basically putting together our own book that'll be published, and when we've designed the book, we can even pay for it (which sucks) to own it. So, we also have to design the front and back covers for our books.

The front cover:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB VoidCover4-1

The back cover:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB VoidBackCover

My main character turnaround (his 3/4 view is the main picture of him):
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB Alienturnaround-1
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB Void-1

Pandora turnaround:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB PandoraTurnaround
Pandora eyes:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB PandoraEyes

Crater turnaround:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB Crater

Items:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB ARMORLUX
This is the ARMORLUX/Flashgun weapon (which you can read more about here - search for the name if you can't find it)
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB EBook
eBook
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB DunkenCoffeeCup
Dunkin' Donuts Coffee -- Aliens run on Dunkin' too ;]
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB Briefcase
Void's briefcase
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB Marbles
Void's marbles

Environments:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB VoidCaveTunnelcopy
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB VoidSpaceScene

Comic Book Sketches/Concepts:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB ComicPage1sketch
(That first frame isn't supposed to be an entire page itself. It's actually supposed to fill that gap I have it pointed toward.)
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB ComicPage2sketch
I wish I could have explained more about what's going on in these scenes for the comic. Basically, Pandora is the first truly successful alien/human hybrid, and she also has emotions like a human (something the alien Greys/Zetas were debating was a fault or not). (Many other past experiments have either had undesired outcomes or they simply did not live past puberty.) She has been working with the aliens and the government agents in an underground base in Dulce, NM to develop her powers and abilities, and eventually, some of the agents working for our government decided that Pandora was too important to hand over to the aliens (who needed her to repair their species, as they are incapable of sexual reproduction any longer), so they devised a plan to steal her. Since she had never been to the surface of Earth though, they secretly exposed her to germs and viruses, to make sure her immune system could handle it. Not only did she not get sick, but her body killed off the microscopic invaders instantly. She was truly the better of both species. Also, when she is using her telepathy or telekinesis, her eyes turn black, which is what is happening in the beginning.

Comic Book Page 1:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB VoidPage1-1

Comic Book Page 2:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB VoidPage2-1

Comic Book Page 3:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB VoidPage3

Comic Book Page 4:
My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB VoidPage4

Plot:
Against the knowledge or beliefs of most individuals, aliens of many different races and from a multitude of varying planets and galaxies are not only in contact with several governments around the world, but are even living on planet Earth underground, most commonly in deep underground military bases. Some of these extraterrestrials are friendly, while others are violent, seeking to control humans. Most are fairly neutral in regards to human beings, including the Zetas from the Zeta Reticuli star system, better known as “the Greys,” which are often misunderstood as being cold or sinister beings. They appear emotionless, by human standards, and therefore, they can seem cruel or apathetic. However, their kind means mankind no real harm, and instead is interested in sharing their knowledge and technology with us (as they have been for thousands of years) in exchange for food (liquid protein they rub on their bodies, which is absorbed through the skin) and the occasional human to abduct for experimenting, in order preserve the longevity of their race by creating the perfect hybrid specimen, seeing as the Zetas have lost their ability to reproduce naturally (having had to resort to cloning to keep their generations alive).

There are two races of Greys – the tall and the short. The tall Zetas are typically the head scientists and leaders. They are master genetic engineers, and they govern over the rest of their kind. It is these tall aliens, among others, that had a part to play in the alteration of human genetics over thousands of years. The short Zetas can also be scientists, but are usually field researchers and the laborers of their planet. They are the aliens most commonly seen either visiting or living on Earth for numerous purposes, but for the ultimate goal of combining human and Zeta DNA to create crossbreeds, better than both species.

One such short alien, by the name of Zelar Tox, or rather Void (his Earth name), is here as a diplomat, working in the underground military base in Dulce, New Mexico. He, like the rest of the Zetas, is ruled over by the Dracos, reptilian-like subterranean humanoids that consider themselves native Terrans, that created the Zetas. Void lives on Level 5 of the underground base, where the housing is for his and the Reptoid kind. As it is his job, it isn’t uncommon for Void to be meeting with government officials, the CIA and NSA, military leaders, and other important people in power. Because he needs to be above ground on occasion, he ‘cloaks’ himself to the human eye, hiding his body by means of a false mental projection to those around him. This form of cloaking isn’t done in the way most people would think; instead, it is as if people just haven’t learned to see him, despite being in plain sight.

Being part of the working caste, Void has a ‘boss,’ a tall Zeta, that he reports back to on a regular basis who usually does not set foot on the planet, but rather hovers over it, cloaked, in a disc-shaped ship or resides on Earth’s moon in one of the seven bases. His boss is called Crater. Crater is a geneticist, leading one of many teams in the study of human and alien genes, working toward hybridization. Crater receives his orders directly from the Dracos.

Although unorthodox, Void’s deepest desire and fascination lies with human emotions. He seeks to understand not only humans themselves, but also their emotions and feelings, which the Zetas had bred out of them long before Void was ever created. Since Zeta’s are much more logical, Void does not understand such things as fun, poetry, or music. Regardless, being part of a curious and scientific race, Void wishes to learn about these things, along with whatever else he can on humans.

In 1979, the Dulce Wars took place, in which the United States government decided to attempt to take over the entire base, not only from the other countries working hand-in-hand with them there, but also from the alien races residing and working there as well. It was at this time, Void got to witness firsthand the corruption and greed of the government. Many workers there fled, and forty-four managed to escape, never returning. Many humans and aliens alike were killed during these underground wars. Void was instructed by Crater to leave the base until they could have it secured. Void was on his way out with many others of his kind, when he experienced something he would never forget.

A human security guard had sacrificed himself for one of the Zetas. The man stepped in between his own race and that of a Grey, an alien, which he had no doubt come to develop a friendly relationship ship with in his time working there (most likely unknowing to the officials). The security personal ordered the guard to stand down, and when he didn’t, they fired on him and then fired on the alien he was protecting, killing them both before moving on.

Void wasn’t sure what he felt of the incident, but he was wise enough to know that such a thing indicated that not all humans shared the same motives, and that some cared about the lives of their galactic brothers and sisters. After the wars were over, and the United States government had quickly retreated, the Zetas held a much cooler attitude toward them, even after coming to an agreement together that would hopefully be appeasing to the US. Void was no different. He slowly began to take pity on humanity, if such a thing can be said about him. In other words, he looked at humans in a different light, seeing their governments as vastly different than their own.

In recent times, the Grey’s attempts at creating the perfect alien-human hybrid have been successful. Just sixteen years ago, a girl was made from the DNA of both species. Much to Void’s pleasure, she was given the gift of human emotion, mainly as an experiment to determine whether or not some Zetas were right in believing that emotions were a strength rather than a weakness. This girl showed promising signs, and was extremely intelligent from a very young age, able to use telekinesis and telepathy since she was just a toddler. The experiment was declared an utter success, and the Zetas celebrated (or rather, reveled in their endeavors in ways that might not so easily mirror a human’s celebration) and soon went to work trying to clone the girl, whom they named Pandora, after a mythological story from Earth that peaked their interests.

Only a year ago, the US government yet again let their greed get away with them. Agents stole the girl Pandora from the Dulce underground base before she had time to have been cloned, hoping to use her for their own projects and schemes. This, for many Zetas, was the last straw, including Void. Despite his own better judgment and the orders of his boss, Crater, Void left the Dulce base to try and personally track down Pandora to return her to his own kind. Rather than becoming a true hero, the United States government agents turned things around, becoming outraged that an alien was breaking their treaty (one in which the aliens agreed to stay hidden from the world in order to abduct humans and receive magnetic power from Earth – which they viewed as the most valuable thing on the planet – in exchange for providing the governments with technology). The government, realizing that Void would not stay secret for long, slowly began releasing evidence of alien life out to the public. Most of it was completely fabricated or sugarcoated, but it helped to ease them into the idea that not only was there life on other planets, but that life was also visiting Earth. Shortly thereafter, it became clear to most civilians that Grey aliens were dangerous, and that one in particular, Void, was considered merciless and vicious, having broken the contract between his kind and the humans. Void became wanted, and anyone who was to spot him was warned to run away and not to approach him or try to capture him.

Today, Void is now working alongside Crater and a few other rebellious Zetas (and even Dracos) to try and locate and reclaim what (or rather, who) is rightfully theirs. All the while, Pandora, a teenager, is learning to better control her abilities and is growing up in a divided world, being tugged in two directions. Attempts are being made to brainwash her into wanting to stay with the United States to support the humans and her nation, and yet, she is the one to have experienced the disputes firsthand and is on the brink of making quite possibility the most important decision of her life.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:45 pm; edited 21 times in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB Empty Re: My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter *UPDATED SEPTEMB

Post by Igraine Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:57 pm

These look amazing, Fate, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more. cheers
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB Empty Re: My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter *UPDATED SEPTEMB

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:02 pm

Thank you so much, Igraine! ^_^ Very Happy <3

I just now finished the main background story on this, so I edited that into the bottom of the first post here. There's still a lot more information I need to type up (on the different characters).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Cool. I'd buy the comic!
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Hehe thanks, Holwer! Aww
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm finally all done! Well, all done minus the actual comic book I have to make for this. xD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:28 am

X3
Those drawing of Pandora are so cute! The art is amazing Fate, it looks really promising!
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:46 am

Thanks, Inerio! Pandora was one of the most fun to draw, I think. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Is Void not supposed to have an arm on the sideview of his turnaround sheet? I figure you probably did it that way to show his posture, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

Anyway, everything looks great. Your style is pretty uncommon these days, since everyone and their mo-... father is an anime fan of some variety or another. On the other hand, or perhaps because of that, it's rather refreshing and even seems more befitting a comic book. The main reason I don't read Manga is because the art always seems very clustered and rough, but a Comic style always strikes me as being neater and easier on the eyes. So, I look forward to seeing how your art style pans out in an actual comic book, assuming we'll get to see it.

I also like the environment art. The tunnel is a sketch, so I can't comment too much on that one, but the space scenes in both the back cover (I'm guessing that's what that second image is, anyway) and the last image are quite alluring. The planets look beautiful and the colors and details for the stars and 'space' are well-chosen and placed, if only a bit too lacking in patches of empty space.

As a side-note, Pandora's pants look very uncomfortable in that last frame. >.>
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:45 pm

Yeah, you guessed right - I just left his arm out in the side view for his posture. I only did it with him though, since I was modeling him in 3D, and I really didn't need to see his arm from the sides. So, yep, lol that's why he is armless in those views.

I'm glad that you like my style, Weiss. :] I'm not too great at drawing anime, though I can't say I'm really much of a fan of that style. I hope you can get to see my comic book once it's done. I did finish all my sketches for it (which I'll share with you guys now), so the next step is to "ink" it in Photoshop. I really love American-style comic books (the newer ones, at least, with the more detailed shading) over manga, which I know is pretty crazy to a lot of people. I just love it! Here's a guy I watch on DeviantArt who does some amazing comic book-esque drawings that I find a lot of inspiration in. (No way I can mimic what he does, but his works do give me more of that drive to draw and to draw/color better.)

Lol you're pretty right about Pandora's pants! I did draw them more like...she was nude. xD That's one of the first times I've drawn a person from the behind with clothes on, so perhaps that's why, haha.

I do apologize though for the quality of the art thus far. By no means at all is this a representation of my true skills. I'm no pro by any means at all, but I simply mean to say that these drawings are rather rushed, to be honest, since I do have so much to do (not only for this class, but for my others).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:04 pm

Finally - I'm all done with the comic book! Smile I believe this project is now finished.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:46 pm

I just finished this drawing of Void and Pandora. As you may notice, Pan's wearing a different outfit. ^^

My Alien-Related Projects For This Quarter  *UPDATED SEPTEMB PanVoid2
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:59 am

Oh~ I like the new picture. Pandora looks quite nice, and the colors and highlighting are very well-done. I also hadn't noticed that you posted the comic book pages and plot. The story sounds very interesting and would definitely make a great comic if you kept going with it, and the art looked nice, as well. Is it appropriate that I already hate those two agents? They just strike me as the very arrogant and assholish type.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down