FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does no one respond to my posts?

5 posters

Go down

Why does no one respond to my posts? Empty Why does no one respond to my posts?

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:03 pm

No one shows any interest in the roleplay ideas I have. No one leaves comments on the many posts I have in the writing forum.

Why?
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Why does no one respond to my posts? Empty Re: Why does no one respond to my posts?

Post by Reffy Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:08 pm

I have difficult finding new RPs over here coz its all in weird categories and no last 10 posts button lol
Also, there are a lot of RPs over here right now. Everybody might be busy.

You could try advertising it in your signature bar - so more people will see it Smile

I doubt they are ignoring you.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Why does no one respond to my posts? Empty Re: Why does no one respond to my posts?

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:19 pm

I could but I'm too lazy to rewrite my signature. I mean, really, is that necessary?
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Not really Smile Just a suggestion Smile

Just wondering if people are all booked out in RPs to do. I know I am >.<

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:07 pm

doubt posting - wewt

I just had a look at your "immigration RP" and wanted to give you some tips on why it turned me off.

- Rules. They are the same as the website rules for the most part. I don't feel you needed to include that.
- Posting 2x per week. A lot of people like to go slow, some like it fast too. Putting a limit/cap is going to turn people away.
- You asked for a name and an email. Not sure whether you wanted a fake-IC or a real-OOC email. In this case it looked like you wanted my real name and email and in which case I would definitely not join.

The rest looked pretty good.

Try "bumping" or inviting friends. Word of mouth really helps too.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:51 pm

We all have bad luck when creating RPs from time to time. It's not just you. As for your writing, perhaps some people just haven't gotten around to reading them all yet? Or maybe they did read through them or at least skim them, but simply didn't take the time to respond. Again, this is a pretty universal thing.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:06 pm

Reffent, the immigration roleplay was originally posted on another much more lax site, hence the strict rules and request for player email (to remind them the roleplay exists). I should probably change that for here.
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:29 pm

Aaaaah ok then Smile That explains the rules Smile

Still - don't get disheartened. Eventually you'll have one that sky-rockets and you won't know what to do (happened to me >.>)

Maybe time fill by joining the FOG competition and try again after that finishes.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:48 pm

Your roleplay interests differ from mine. Simple as that.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:26 am

I was honestly looking at the storyline you had proposed regarding the three immigrant families and then said to myself, "I'm not merely a WASP, I know eff-all about Judaism, Islam or Assyrian Rite/Coptic/Orthodox Christianity (assuming that's the type you'd want played out.)" Or at least, I don't know enough to convincingly do the characters. Most of what I do know about Israel is how little I know about Israel.

I just saw the immigration RP. I'm thinking before I commit, due to the posting restrictions; I'm not always that fast, as I'm spread out over a couple different boards (where I'm already badly neglecting a thread) and am about to start one, maybe two more threads here. That and I'm collaborating elsewhere to -build- a board.

Edit: I posted a bio there. Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:51 am

.....if anyone cares, I revised the rules and character sheet for the immigration roleplay. Smile As I said, it was originally posted on a much more lax site with many more one-liner illiterate roleplayers.
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:01 am

I currently am in 5 roleplays on this site, one of which I am managing myself. I also partake in a weekly DnD session over IRC. I am also trying to write in my own blog, which I have been neglecting, and I am now developing lore for Exitus Sator. So, my plate is very full.

Since I have arrived, I have made a commitment to try and comment on everything in the creative writing session (Edit: Only when people explicitly ask for feedback). Unfortunately, I read your last topic, and poetry is not my thing. I don't know why it turns me off. It just does.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down