FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you currently doing?

+55
Anemone
RedBaku
Stion Gyas
ACK!
Mur
Ars Longa Vita Brevis
Ms. Night Surgeon
Stray
Ragter the junior greeter
Psychotic Felix
Kædai
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Adrius Frostglare
Silvan Arrow
Sunni Ookami
..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..
LunarScorpio
Hello Danger
ShadowPhoenix0307
Dio the Awesome
Rendition
Arthmael
Tiffy<3
Inerio
Lara
Squall Reyes
Kail DeWraith
Gabe
Twoface_ecafowT
Kaito
Reffy
Fluff
Drako11
Spectre
Igraine
Mezrin
Loki
Kathryn Lacey
Hank J Wimbleton
Drunut
Eternity
Sighlent
Pretty Unusual
Scarlet_Rivers
Aesalon
Gunneh
Renji
Hope
Xiantic
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Kaislynn
Tempest
Shades Of Gray
Fate Flyer
59 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

What are you currently doing? - Page 32 Empty Re: What are you currently doing?

Post by Hello Danger Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:44 pm

That's what time I get off work. 8:30 PM
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:12 pm

I'm trying to make my Caligo character. So far so good. I'm almost done Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:39 pm

I just finished watching The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. I don't want to work tomorrow, but I'm glad I at least work in the afternoon to the early evening. It's only four hours, hardly worth it, but it contributes to my meager paycheck. Oh well.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:53 pm

Aw, The Return of the King. I enjoyed that movie most, especially the ending. (I seemed to have been one of the few people that liked that it kept going for awhile.)

So, I purchased the game Fable 2 for the Xbox 360 back when it came out, but I never got far in it. I recently (just a week or so ago) picked it up again to play it all over and try and beat it. Well, tonight I did beat it. There were a countless number of bugs and irritating things I kept encountering in that game, but overall, I can see they were wanting to make it a good game.

At the end, I was faced with the choice between 3 wishes. One wish was to return all those lives lost in the creation of this evil spire. Hundreds or thousands died because of it, and I would have the ability to bring them all back and return them to their families. The second option was to return my husband and my dog back to life, since this evil man killed them both. However, if I went with that, all the lives of everyone else would stay gone forever. My final option was to simply forget everyone's lives and get a huge amount of gold, more than I could ever dream of and let everyone else stay dead.

These choices reminded me a bit of the Shades for Caligo, good, neutral, and evil. xD Well, I decided to go with the one called Sacrifice, which meant my husband and my dog would stay dead, but everyone else would be resurrected.

I must say, for a hero to commit such a selfless act and for the whole world to show their appreciation and erect a statue for you and everything, it all doesn't really mean much when the only things you had are gone. I mean, you kind of grow attached to them over the course of the game.

Originally, I was married to a woman (my character in the game is a guy), a barmaid, but she divorced me almost instantly, apparently not happy that I had quests to go on, wishing I'd give her more attention and more money. So, I stayed single for awhile, thinking that marriage in this game was stupid and that I couldn't make anyone happy. Then I met a man that was a fish vender named Adam. Adam was gay, and he really liked my character! So, I proposed to him, and the two of us were happy. Adam never once was unhappy with me, like my previous wife was. Even at one point in the game, my character was taken prisoner and kept in this horrible prison by these evil people for 10 long years, and when I finally got out, after all that time, my husband was still there at our house waiting for me. He was loyal and loving to the very end. He gave me presents constantly too. Then, the most evil guy in the game, Lord Lucien, came and shot and killed him, along with my dog.

So, yeah, it's really a lonely life for my character now. My biggest goal now is to save up enough money to buy Castle Fairfax, the castle that Lord Lucien used to live in. I don't plan on having my guy marry again though. He's old now, and it would be unfaithful of him to forget how loyal and loving his husband was who died for him.

Ahh, this game, I swear, I act like it's real!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:59 pm

I'm off work and about to get my RP on!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:42 am

What? Fable 2 got away with having gay characters!?!?! Not that I'm complaining in any way. I was furious when California banned gay marriages. But...how? With the world so against gay relationships, how could they get away with putting it such a popular game? Its cool that they did, I'm just really surprised I haven't heard about it before now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:07 am

I'm just messing around on GoodReads.com, finding books to read. I won another book. We'll see if it's any good when it gets here.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:44 am

Silvone Elestahr wrote:What? Fable 2 got away with having gay characters!?!?! Not that I'm complaining in any way. I was furious when California banned gay marriages. But...how? With the world so against gay relationships, how could they get away with putting it such a popular game? Its cool that they did, I'm just really surprised I haven't heard about it before now.
Yep! The first Fable game had that as a possibility too. I know, it's quite a step, in a way. Smile

I just woke up and am freezing in front of the computer. We left our window open all night, and it dropped to the 50's.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:36 pm

That game sounds very... interesting. I had no idea that they had games like that. It's times like those that I occasionally wish I was a gamer, so I could play those games.

I'm playing on the computer, loading a video, an d checking email.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 pm

I'm trying to come up with five posts, so I can finally have 300 posts and get another ghostie (shush all you 300+ posters, it's a personal record...)
Sadly, there is nothing to post on...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Well, I just banned you, so you can go do a banning to get another post... After that, you'll only need one more post. Go look through the other gaming threads to see if there's something there in which you can post. They are the easiest, after all. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Thank you and TADA!

I now have 300 posts! Now I'm going to dinner for my mom's birthday. Thanks Kathryn!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Fable 2 is rather, eheh, interesting. ^^' I'm sure there are at least a couple of games in existence that you could get into if you wanted, Kathryn.

Yay, Ryona!! Congratulations! Very Happy

I just got home from class. It was my class in which we're putting together our own comic book. It was a good class tonight. :] I'm pleased. I definitely am the farthest along in my project in my class, which kind of surprised me. My teacher too seemed pleased with all my work (since we went over all our art so far). I was the only one that he didn't have any constructive criticism for. Even for one thing of mine that I thought he was going to bash, he ended up surprising me by saying, "Yeah, that's good. You're using that? Okay, keep that in the book." So, yeah, wow. I was shocked, but happy of course.

I was the very last one (AGAIN!) to show my work, since that's the order that he put our projects on his computer, so we just went in the order that he had them placed. I kind of wonder if that was on purpose... My art most definitely isn't near close to being the best in my class, but thankfully, it's also not nearly the worst. Like almost every single other aspect about me, my art is average or slightly above average. Like I said, this rule kind of fits in with everything that defines me for some reason. xD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 pm

You're welcome, Ryona! Congratulations!

That rule actually fits me really well, too, but most of what I do is just average, not really even above average. I mean, I know I'm really good at some things, but other things I'm just... meh... Average. I see nothing wrong with being average.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:35 pm

I think being average at a lot of things (AKA: jack of all trades, master of none) is actually not a bad thing at all either. Nod I even prefer characters like that in video games. It's kind of boring (to me) to be amazing at just one or two things and fail at everything else.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:05 pm

I totally agree! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Yea, being a 'jack of all trades' is all well and good until you are trying to decide on a major... -_-

I'm definitely a master at none, unless parenting is considered. I have to say I'm a pretty good mom. Not the best, but alright Smile

Oh, I'm back. Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:52 pm

I'm going to work on a map for Sephiris. If it turns out O.K., it will be pretty useful for our next couple of posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Once Upon A Whim Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:14 pm

I'm working my way around a new forum! Very Happy

This one!
Once Upon A Whim
Once Upon A Whim
Mist
Mist

Female

http://brightflamingmadness.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Woot! Very Happy I love your avatar, Once Upon A Whim!

I just finished putting together all 35 pages for my book that we have to send off to be made by next week for my class. Each page is 8 1/2 by 11 inches, so I had a lot of content! I need to figure out how to send it to lulu.com though.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm doing my homework and checking out this forum. A bad combination one could say...

PS: Seniors 09-10!

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:28 pm

I'm wanting to beat my head against a wall because I, for God only knows what reason, immediately pronounced the acronym for Once Upon A Whim's name as "WoW". So, henceforth, I shall be referring to you as OUAW, pronounced "wow"; hope you don't mind.

Anyway, I am browsing the forums, because I'm bored. My brain has reached its capacity for medical terminology for today and I have nothing else interesting to do. I've already made myself a new signature, updated Facebook and posted in every topic of personal interest. Now what?
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:05 pm

lol! Go, Weiss!! cheers Haha that's hilarious. I like the story you now have for pronouncing OUAW as "wow."

Yay for Facebook. Smile I waste so much time on there when I'm in classes that have computers, hehe. I love your new avatar and signature banner, Weiss! Shocked You are so great at making those. I also like the artistic touch of having the object of interest breaking free of the border. I'm very partial to blue too, so wonderful! Even that highlight you did across the signature adds so much. I am envious of your skills making those.

Oh, I almost forgot to say what I'm doing. Well, I'm getting ready to make some dinner before Tony/onenitedrive gets home. I have class later too, so I better get started on that.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:38 pm

I'm finally actually working on that paper that is nearly a year overdue...

I have more sources (two of which may not be proper sources, but whatever), and I'm currently on page 3.

Oh joy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm currently transfixed on my book. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux is a wonderful read.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Awesome, Kathryn. Thumbs Up

Tony and I are cleaning all day today, preparing for my mom, dad, and brother to come over tomorrow. We're going to be going to Millennium Park in Chicago with them tomorrow. I'm also getting ready to go out to the mall, since Express made an error and gave me $50 to spend in their store, and right now there's a sale going on, so can't beat that! So, we'll be going there soon after a bit more cleaning.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:52 pm

I'm getting ready to go to the Art Walk. It starts at 6pm and goes until 9pm, so I hope I'll be home no later than 10pm. I'm also going to go to the library and pick up a book because I finished The Phantom of the Opera. However, I am going to the movie store to rent the movie version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's play. Jonathan loathes the movie version because he believe Gerard Butler's portrayal is the anti-thesis of the true Erik. Why? His reasoning is that they chose someone with a pretty face who couldn't sing. The facts are that only the book really opens ones eyes to the genius that is Erik on all accounts. The musical only covers his musical genius, but he is more than that. Anyway, the fact that the movie/musical production only covers his musical genius, and Jonathan thinks Butler can't sing, it makes Erik seem talentless.

Not to mention the fact that Erik was never supposed to be attractive. =3

Anyway, enough about that. I'm off!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Just got back from shopping with my wife and son. Taeo is going to be a skeleton for Halloween! Everyone else wanted him to be a pirate, but he pointed at skeleton costume more than the pirate costume, so thats what we chose, even though we were the only two who wanted him to wear it...

Anyway, sitting down to resume my paper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:36 pm

Hey, if the boy wants it, he wants it. I wouldn't have anyone telling me what to wear for my Halloween. Be sure to take pictures of him every year, so he'll know what he's worn each year. I love Halloween. It's my favorite, and I wish so much that I had pictures of every single year of my life that I dressed as something.

I just got back from the Art Walk. I had a lot of fun. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:07 am

I'm sure the book version of The Phantom of the Opera would be a real worthwhile read. I'd be interested in learning more about Erik's past too, if that's something they went into.

The Art Walk sounds fun! I'm glad you had a good time, Kathryn. :]

Phew, I'm exhausted. Tony and I just finished cleaning, and it's past 11:00 at night here. Tony had a rough day too. He was just having loads of bad luck. He ended up hurting himself a total of I believe 3 or 4 times today, having bled from of a few of those. *shakes head* He is just accident prone. Well, time for bed for us now. We have to get up early tomorrow for my family getting here in the morning.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum