FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Passenger 20F OOC Topic

3 posters

Go down

Friends Passenger 20F OOC Topic

Post by Howler Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 am

Passenger 20F OOC Topic Passenger-1281
PASSENGER 20F
Out Of Character Topic

DISCLAIMER

Dear Footsteps of Ghosts members, mods and minds, this is not for you to join. This OOC topic and the eventual IC topic will be under the jurisdiction of myself for a module my Creative & Professional Writing class is taking. Fate herself has said she is cool with this, so cool it!

Brief

If you were not present for afternoon segment of the 6th's Workshopping & Editing session, you'll be a little in the dark but here's something to paraphrase all that was said and done.

Somehow, someway, I convinced the class to partake in a 'role-playing game' on these forums. I informed them of how writing was a regular part of my life when frequenting websites like these. There would be collaborative efforts, exceptional improvisation training and a largely healthy dosage of practicing skills. People create characters and one or more 'GMs' (Game Masters/Moderators) devise a plot for those avatars to be placed in and react to.

Since the last year of our course gives us half our time off with regard to the dissertation/final year project, I thought it would be fitting to try to show the class a way to write free of any kind of pressure while providing a bit of fun gamification.

How It Works

After this topic has been read by everyone, willing participants can submit a character sheet of their own design and making (a suggested/framework will be provided) to a GM via Facebook or any other social media conduit they see fit.

Following the submission of all the confirmed players, the 'In Character' game topic will be posted and you'll be able to post whenever you please.

However, when you do, you will only be in control of your own chracter and their reactions and actions.

I'll be showing anyone who comes in on the 13th how to post and register if you're lost on that aspect.

There are a few pieces of new terminology that you'll have to come to grips with but they're not that hard to recall:

Godmodding: Controlling the plot or other characters.
Metagaming: Using out of character information in character.
Powergaming: Acting unreasonable within the constraints of alleged reality.

Try not to commit any of these for a more seamless experience.

Class Choices

In the class, to make sure that an average of what everyone wanted to see in a collaborative game was taken into account was decided with voting. Admittedly not everyone was there to cast their vote, however, a middle ground that I believe most could slip any kind of character into was conceived.

What the group decided by votes:

Genre: Post-Apocalyptic + Thriller.
Universe: Existing/Typified.
Game Mod(s): Nicolai & Tanzen.
Post Length: 300-400 words.
Post Frequency: Once or twice a week minimum.

Character Sheet & Setting

Below is a skeleton to build a character off of if you choose. Any format for the appearance/possesions of your character is most acceptable but the below is just to help prompt ideas around them.

Appearance

Code:
Name:
Ethnicity:
Height:
Weight:
Build:
Hair Colour:
Hair Style:
Facial Features:
Eye Colour:
Facial Hair Colour:
Facial Hair Style:
Scars:
Tattoos:

Possessions

Code:
Attire:
Hand Luggage:
Hold Luggage:

Setting

The setting we chose was that of the events that unfolded globally in Y: The Last Man, an award-winning comic/graphic-novel series developed by Brian K Vaughan and Pia Guerra. This world experiences some kind of anomaly wherein all the mammals on the planet with a Y chromosome die simultaneously seemingly without a cause.

While it was originally discussed that we'd start the game off on an island, we thought we could do better and have thusly started it on an aeroplane flying over the pacific ocean from Tokyo to Los Angeles. The outcome of the flight and the final destination it reaches is now in every characters' hands.

Last edited by Howler on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:30 pm; edited 8 times in total
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Friends Re: Passenger 20F OOC Topic

Post by AndrewH1628 Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:23 am

Not sure if this is the place to post this?

Anyway;
Name: Ling Moon
Ethnicity: American Asian
Height: 5 ft. 6”
Build: Slim
Hair Colour: Dark
Hair Style: Plaits
Facial Features: Sharp nose, high cheekbones, thin lips
Eye Colour: Brown
Tattoos: Barcode (Small of back)

Attire: Black tank top, light denim jeans
Hand Luggage: Bottle of water, packs of cards, cigarettes, photographs
Hold Luggage: Handcuffs, magicians outfit, dove in bird cage
AndrewH1628
AndrewH1628
Mist
Mist

Male

http://andrewhenleywriting.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:19 pm

This kind of sort of is the place where you can drop this information yeah!

I must say that's an intriguing character and look forward to seeing writing from her perspective. In theory you could start posting now by clicking the logo at the top to get to the story thread.
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Friends Character

Post by Tanzen Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:49 pm

Name: Laura
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Height: 5"6
Weight: 9 stone
Build: Average
Hair Colour: White
Hair Style: To her shoulders but usually worn in a ponytail.
Facial Features: Sharp cheekbones, dimples in her cheeks.
Eye Colour: Green
Scars: Long scar down the middle of her chest from a heart surgery when she was a teenager.
Tattoos: The initials RB on the inside of her wrist.

Attire: Jeans, a white t-shirt and a grey knitted pull-over.
Hand Luggage: Marc Jacobs handbag containing a bottle of Xanax, hand sanitiser, a Jane Austen novel and a toothbrush.
Hold Luggage: Clothes, shoes, Japanese souveneirs

Tanzen
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down