FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Statistical Roleplaying

2 posters

Go down

Statistical Roleplaying Empty Statistical Roleplaying

Post by Keileon Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:55 am

I've been toying with this idea since I joined FoG. While I am not the creator of the system I plan to introduce here, I am well-versed in the mechanics of it, as I have been playing to said system for... I think two years? Might be closer to three by now. I just thought perhaps you all would be interested, as it is a good way to hone your strategic skills.

Statistical Roleplaying(or Statplaying as I'm used to calling it) by this system was loosely created by... some person I don't know and modified into what it is today by Masquerade of ZEJ Roleplaying and Eternal Dream. While he is credited for our core system, every GM has a slightly different method, and so there are several variations of this type of roleplay. The most notable would be Shadow, who technically is the one who taught me and so my method most closely resembles his... although once again, there are variations.

Anyway, the point of this little minirant is to gauge interest in a statistical roleplay playing somewhat like... this roleplay. However, no, I'm not going to throw you guys straight into the system. That would just be ridiculous. If this thread has enough interest I'll create a tutorial for you all. Because when you have profile templates like this you NEED a tutorial to know what to do. ^^;

The system takes a while to master, but don't worry. I'm just learning how to GM, you're just going to be learning how to statplay. It'll be a perfect combination. Smile I'll only be taking five or six people into the actual tutorial due to some difficulties I had on another forum where I had to deal with twelve. The rest of you are more than welcome to watch and learn along with the participants.
Keileon
Keileon
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.zejroleplaying.org

Back to top Go down

Statistical Roleplaying Empty Re: Statistical Roleplaying

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Most intriguing! I'm in too many role-plays already or I'd join. I'll definitely watch, though. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Statistical Roleplaying Empty Re: Statistical Roleplaying

Post by Keileon Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Heh, now just to hope I actually get some takers. ^^;
Keileon
Keileon