FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Breath of Fresh Air

5 posters

Go down

A Breath of Fresh Air Empty A Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Æther Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:59 am

Hello, everyone! Pleased to meet you all. It’s been a long time coming, but I’ve finally taken the leap and created an account here. :3

In truth, I’ve known about FoG for a while now, since the day I received a notice from Fate on another forum that I used to frequent. It’s always been a sort of far-off sanctum, though – a place that I admired at a distance, even as intimidation barred me from active participation. I’ve been passing the days on a persistent world forum, instead; but as I travel to different countries, discovering new people and new environments, I find myself becoming inspired, and pondering what could have been. That, in turn, seems to have bred the craving to return to a more general role-play setting – one in which each thread encompasses a distinct world, with its own breathtaking landscapes or gripping conflicts. And, as a side-effect, I suppose, the urge to delve into new genres; cyberpunk, for instance, in the spirit of The Matrix, or maybe Shadowrun.

Aside from writing, I love to read; I’m currently trying to work my way back through A Song of Ice and Fire so I can read the latest book in the series. >w< I also like playing video games – mostly RPGs like Dragon Age and The Witcher, though I also dabble in competitive gaming with Valve’s latest brainchild, Dota 2. And to balance things out a bit, I do martial arts; I’m working towards my brown belt in Shao Lin at the moment.

Anyway, I suppose that should do for the basics, so let me just reiterate my excitement for being here. :3 I look forward to writing some great stories with you all!
Æther
Æther
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

A Breath of Fresh Air Empty Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Welcome to FoG, Aether! I'm glad to see you finally took the leap of faith and joined us here! Trust me, you won't regret it! A bunch of us also joined after getting notices from Fate - that's how I joined, actually, and I loved it from day one.

You're definitely in the right place for excellent role-plays with lots of talented writers. Don't worry about feeling intimidated or anything. You seem like a very capable writer just from your intro, so I'm sure you'll fit in no problem! That's awesome that you do martial arts! I got my black belt in Tae Kwon Do several years ago and a yellow belt in kendo, but I'm sadly out of practice now. Best of luck with Shao Lin!

Anyway, I'm Silvan, one of the Global Mods, so just ask if you have any questions! Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Welcome to FoG! I am sure you will pick up on how things work around here very quickly. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask and enjoy your stay!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Welcome to FoG, AEther! I am glad you were able to find your way here. I am sure you will find some fun role-play.

My name is Marc and I am one of the OOC Mods here, so if you need any help or have any questions feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will be glad to assist you.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Aether makes me think of Ike's special attack from Fire Emblem 9 and 10, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Clap

Welcome to the FOG, Æther! cheers
(Alt+0198 = Æ, in case anyone wanted that)

I see you like medieval fantasy! High Five

Glad to have you here! It sounds like you've had a lot of role-playing experience. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your writing! Very Happy

Have fun exploring the site! If you have any questions along the way, do feel free to ask. Right here in your intro thread is a good place, while we're getting to know you anyway.
I can tell you'll fit in around here marvelously. Thumbs Up

Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Æther Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:26 am

Thank you for the kind greetings, everyone!

Silvan: Thank you for the vote of confidence! I’m certainly hoping that I’ll assimilate quickly. Very few forums I’ve encountered seem able to pair high writing standards with a friendly and talented community. And with such a clean, professional layout, too! I think FoG’s like my dream forum. x3

It’s so cool that you have a black belt. >w< After experiencing firsthand the amount of strength and discipline that it takes to rise through the ranks, I have complete respect for anyone who’s persevered long enough to get their black belt. It’s a shame that you’re not into it now, but I suppose life has a habit of taking us in all different directions. Maybe you’ll pick it up again sometime in the future? :3

Sunwolf: Thank you for the welcome! I’ve already looked through the rules and information pages, and browsed through the forums, and it seems straightforward enough, but I’ll definitely speak up if any questions come to mind!

Lord Revan: I’ll be sure to ping one of you if something comes up. It seems the staff here is friendly and attentive, which is appreciated. x3 Thank you for the post!

Kalon: That would be fitting, wouldn’t it, for someone like me, who loves RPGs? [Smiles faintly.] Actually, though, my username comes from Aether, or Æthere, the Ancient Greek personification of heaven and the pure air that the gods breathed. Greek mythology is just something that’s always fascinated me since I studied it in middle school. x3

I do love medieval fantasy; it’s all I’ve known in the years that I’ve been role-playing, really. I might not write in that genre for some time, though, since I’m attempting to branch out and take on new challenges. >w< But who knows. With all the talent gathered here, I may well find myself tempted into something. :3
Æther
Æther
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down