FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenary Gritty Sci-Fi Story...of AWESOMNESS

+3
Dreamless Days
*Lozy
quakernuts
7 posters

Go down

Mercenary Gritty Sci-Fi Story...of AWESOMNESS Empty Mercenary Gritty Sci-Fi Story...of AWESOMNESS

Post by quakernuts Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Alright people, The Quakernuts here to bring something to the table that I never thought would be happening!

I want to try and start up a RP, but lack the necessary story arc know-how in order to pull it off. I need someone to help me create a story or set of missions within a set world of my creation. In other words, you worry about everything that could possibly happen in the world, and I'll create the world itself. Simple right? Maybe, I suck at making stories stick. So, I have a premise set up, along with the start of a story, how it's going to function, the world itself (Including races, gangs, corporations, weapons, armour, vehicles, you name it, I've made it or in the process of making it)

Above all else, if your interested but don't want to bother making the story, that's fine. Everyone's welcome to join!

For those of you new folk looking at this wondering "Who the hell is this guy, and why is he named after oatmeal?" Well, to answer the second question first, it's freaken awesome. To answer the first one, I'm a long time RP'er of this wonderful site called FoG. I've been member of the month for close to a year now, which is awesome, and am completely dedicated to whatever I go into.

Also I was dropped on my head as a child. Don't worry, no side effects aside from insanity.

Anywho...ON TO THE INTEREST HELPER CHECK!

You know those stories where the human race has developed faster than light travel, went out into the galaxy, and quickly became a dominant race amongst numerous others? Well, this isn't that story. In fact, it's quite the opposite. You see, the humans did develop faster than light travel, but when it met the other races, it wasn't quite as diplomatic as you would assume. Spare you the minor details, but conflicts between humans and the other races of the galaxy came to such a boil that war was declared. Now, I know you're thinking "Well, we'll be playing a part in the war right?" to which I answer, no. Now you're thinking "Well, then we must have won, right?" To which I also answer...no. In fact, we humans got our asses handed to us in such a debilitating way that Earth no longer exists. That's right, they destroyed it along with it's billions of inhabitants. That was the end of the four year war. That was the end of a human dominance dream. Year 2143 to year 2147 Galactic Standard Time.

We humans are now endangered, so to speak. We no longer have a centralized government to control the individual colonies. Every planet, every colony, and every person is controlled either by themselves, or their local governor alone. Humans have become nothing but nomads, with the rare few managing to grab power where they can. For those not already in positions of power when Earth was brought to it's knees, the galaxy is a harsh and deadly place to live. This is the era we have been brought to people. One where humans are not only growing weaker, but are discriminated against. Do not expect help, respect, or the usual politeness that other sci-fi genres have given you. This is war in a new fashion. This is the state of the galaxy in the year 2156.

Now, enough of the past history here. What happened to you? What happened to this so called RP? Where are we and what is our purpose? I'll tell you what our purpose is. It's to make a living in one of the most dangerous and possibly inhospitable space stations known to the galaxy. We, as a group, are stationed on Pax. This hunk of miserable life sucking rock, is your home. This is where you will be making your living. Now you're probably wondering "Hey Mr. Quaker, what is our living?" To which I will answer, "You're mercenaries people!"

That's right, one of the few slightly less than decent jobs a human can get nowadays. If you aren't born into one of the mighty corporations, or dead before you reach the age of two, there are few other jobs for you to become. In fact, what you are doing, is applying for a position within this crew. They're starting small, doing the run of the mill jobs until they build up their reputation. Make someone disappear, do a hit and run operation, steal some weapons, someone will notice. There is a chance for advancement, which means it will not be just the GM running the show here. You make it to, let's say, second in command, you have a genuine choice on the next spot of missions.

Here's where it gets a little tricky. This RP is about player choice in a little more than you decide what missions we take. As we progress through our careers, you will have options about your weapons, armour, base upgrades, and vehicle upgrades. Pax is a large station, plenty of money to be made. Weapon and armour upgrades will be up to the player to decide with the cut they get from missions. Base and vehicle upgrades will be a group decision.

So, in recap. Humans got blown up, now the least dominant race in the galaxy. You're signing up to become a mercenary, you do missions on a space station called Pax. Kill things, gain money, buy more stuff, work your way up the respect ladder, eventually leave Pax and go Galactic!

So, anyone willing to help me with a basic story layout, arc, twists and turns, all that other good stuff, that would be greatly appreciated, along with people who would actually like to join this RP...that would be great too. Take note though, I expect dedication (which means at least 1 post every two weeks). If you don't think you can keep up with this, then I will politely thank you and send you on your way. I've had too many RP's die out of the gate that I will not allow that to happen.

This is the Quakernuts, signing off.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Mercenary Gritty Sci-Fi Story...of AWESOMNESS Empty Re: Mercenary Gritty Sci-Fi Story...of AWESOMNESS

Post by *Lozy Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:28 pm

This looks really interesting. I'm not sure of how much help I could be, but I'm willing to give it a try. Even if I don't pose much help, I think I'd still like to be apart of this.
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

http://foreversincerely.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Mercenary Gritty Sci-Fi Story...of AWESOMNESS Empty Re: Mercenary Gritty Sci-Fi Story...of AWESOMNESS

Post by quakernuts Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:54 pm

I appreciate the offer, and I should have posted this sooner, but I already got an offer to help me with some things concerning this RP.

You're always welcome to join though.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:10 pm

That's quite alright. If either of you ever want any suggestions I'm here.

I am still interested in joining, and look forward to seeing what you two come up with.
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

http://foreversincerely.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:08 pm

I would join ANY RP that THE QUAKER is behind. Sorry about stealing your identity all those times bro. Razz (AKA, I'm interested in joining)
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Well, you already know I'm interested, Quaker, but I figured I should show it so everyone else knows I'm joining.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Alright, starting to pick up a bit!

I'm hoping for at least one more, but if not, no big deal. I still need to finalize some things and finish some worldbuilding, but the OOC should be up sooner rather than later.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Talas Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:50 pm

I am also interested.
Talas
Talas
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 pm

Interested, if there's still room.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:55 am

Yep, there's still room.

On another topic. It's Christmas people! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Honaka whatever you call it, woopeding.

What I'm really trying to say is that, while all I have left to do is some very minor details, I will be busy with the coming holidays as I'm sure the rest of you are as well.

I don't like giving dates in case I can't somehow make them, but once the holidays are over, this RP should be up and ready to go the moment they are done.

Until then, everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Try not to think about the upcoming Apocalypse, alright?! Razz
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Alright people, I know it's been a little bit of a wait and I apologize...

BUT I GOT IT DONE!

The OOC is up and running. If you're still interested in this, go check it out!

Quaker...OUT!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:26 pm

Hey! I see this rrp had stopped in february... curious if it needs a defibrillator?
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down