FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Down the Rabbit Hole

Go down

Down the Rabbit Hole Empty Down the Rabbit Hole

Well I don't really have a "blog" or anything of that sort so I thought why not make one here. The reason for the title is because I have a deep rooted obsession with Alice in Wonderland, even wrote an adaption of it, though it was very dark, deep and gory. I will put various things here, like things about my life, story ideas that I'm tossing around, anything that really comes into my twisted head. And of course I encourage people to leave me comments, I do love comments, especially if its about a story idea. Anyways please enjoy the inside of my head.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009:

Today I've been thinking a lot about an old story that I started writing that fueled my obsession with "Alice in Wonderland". I especially was shocked to hear that there was another Alice movie coming out about her life ten years later.

In my story Alice was getting married so she left the world of Wonderland. There is a smaller story behind how she defeats the Red Queen, causing her to become the new queen, known as the White Queen. She took the crown with her and it caused Wonderland to fall into chaos. Years later, after her marriage and after she had a kid, Wonderland pulled her back in. A new, fake queen, had taken over and was slowly turning it into a horrible nightmare.

I found out that the movie has a white queen, though the story was a little different, but I was very disappointed because now it means that I can never get the story published. It was very heart breaking, but I never did finish it so I suppose that's a good thing, though I'm going to finish it still.

Thursday, July 2nd, 2009

Here's the beginning of a story that I am writing. I have been mulling over this story for almost over a year now and I keep trying to re-write it to make it better. So here's what I have so far. :3:

The world spun around her as she floated helplessly in the void of that was her dreams. It was a magical, mystical, mysterious place that held every wonder in the universe and in her own mind. Anything and everything could happen that lonely space. Selena never got bored of dreaming and when she dreamed she was at her most peaceful. Wings both black and white fluttered around her in a chaotic dance, bodies attaching themselves to those wings and it was a beautiful, exotic sight to see the bodies moving in time with each other. Suddenly blinding light came from above and hell fire came from the ground and the winged beings were sucked up or down away into the abyss, leaving Selena alone again.
Two bodies stayed though and they approached her. They didn’t have wings yet they were both beautiful beings that made Selena feel warmth from her toes to her head. It was impossible to describe it. The two were male and female and they looked familiar. They wrapped their arms protectively around her and she leaned into their embrace. Then they were also pulled away from her by the blinding light and hell fire. Tears streamed down her face and she screamed for them to come back, to fill her with that warm embrace again.
Suddenly sound encroached on her world and she to felt the pulling sensation, but she fought it, gripping her space on the earth that was her dreams, not to be pulled to either one. The sound grew louder and louder and then it stopped altogether and it felt like rain was washing over her. Cold, wet, slimy rain.
Selena opened her eyes and stared up at the ceiling of her apartment. It was light out and sun was shining in through her living room window, lighting the floor around her. She pushed herself up, looking around her in confusion. She tried to hold onto her dream, but it slipped away as easily as it had come. She felt something drip down her chin and hit her lap and she touched her pale fingers to her face and looked at them.
Green, her face was covered in green paint. Her cat must have knocked it down. She could almost laugh. Of course she would wake up with paint on her face. Last night Selena had been painting her living room and it took her awhile to get her living room perfect, especially if she needed it before the sunrise. She had been working on it for days and it was finally finished.
She smiled as she looked at it. She hadn’t been able to fully appreciate it because she had pretty much passed out after that. Her living room was covered in paintings. Paintings of animals, paintings of plants, paintings of the city at dawn and at twilight, and paintings of angels and demons. Other then that she had a small couch and a small T.V. surrounded by beautiful plants from her grandmothers garden.
Her grandmother passed away years ago, but the plants lived on as if they were Selena’s friends. She cared for them like her children and cried every time one died. She had loved her grandmother, they had the same green eyes as her father and she said every time someone in their family had those eyes they did great things. Selena didn’t know the great things her father did, but her grandmother promised she would some day find out.
A beeping caught her attention and she saw that her alarm clock was blaring. It was eight fifty and she had to be at work in about ten minutes. She jumped up running into the bathroom, a panic coming over her soft, heart shaped face. She couldn’t be late again. She looked at herself in the mirror and practically cried. Her cat had knocked down her green tube of paint and had splattered it all over her face. She tried to scrub it all off her face, but she couldn’t really get it all off and she was in a hurry.
Selena brushed her teeth and tried to brush her hair at the same time, but she ended up half brushing her hair and almost swallowing her tooth brush.

Sunday, August 2nd, 2009

Hello all, I am terribly sorry that I have been inactive for awhile. My internet went down before I went to church camp, which was amazing. I had so much fun and it was very spiritual. I feel that God has touched my life and I want him to be a part of it. I know a lot of people probably find that "corny" but it is how I feel. I feel that parts of my life were pointing to God, that he wanted me to find him and be a part of his family and allow myself to be forgiven by him and by myself.

Of course this won't effect my writings because my writings don't necessarily mirror my own points of view. I love to write fantasy and I don't think that God would want to take that from me.

I was just looking back on my other writings in this journal of mine and I found that it's been a month since my last journal. I didn't think it had been that long, ha ha. Well I'm back and looking forward to role playing with you all again. And please don't try to be to harsh if you have something to say about my religious steps, I get enough of that from my sister and best friend, ha ha.

Tuesday, September 8th, 2009

So my parents have separated and they are currently trying to patch things up, but they aren't living together, which is a good thing. I spent Labor Day weekend with my dad out at a cabin that his friends own. There was a lot of people there and it was a lot of fun. My dad took his Harley down so I had to drive up with my two sisters, which it was a fun trip up.

Things started to go down hill for me though at 10:30 on Monday. I wanted to leave around 12:00, but at 10:30 I started to feel really bad. My stomach was just bleh and I felt like I was going to throw up. Which I did, of course, just before we left. I thought I would be okay after that, but it kept getting worse and I am the only one with a drivers license so I had to drive for four hours back home and we kept having to stop because I was just getting worse.

Eventually, about forty-five minutes from my house, I had an anxiety attack. I had to pull over and I was in a really bad state, I could hardly breath. My mom had to come out with my grandparents so she could drive us home. By the time we got there it was dark. She picked us up around 7:00 and I was almost delirious, the pain was so bad. She thought I might have the flu and since she works at a hospital she can't go in if she's been contaminated. So she took me to the ER.

I was there until about 1:30. Turns out I don't have it, but I probably have a bad stomach virus. I'm stuck at home all day and I'm still in pain. I can't hold anything down either. Not even water so I'm a little dehydrated. I hope it goes away soon. >.<. I had plans too so I'm really bored and kind of upset. Anyways wish me luck, I hope goes away soon.

Wednesday, September 9th, 2009

This last Saturday my best friends grandfather died. She is absolutely a wreck and tomorrow is the funeral. Of course I've been sick and gone so I haven't even been able to see her at all. Now I know someone's grandfather dying isn't that big of a deal, but about six years ago her father committed suicide and her grandfather took his place so to speak as her father figure. And the worst part is she won't cry in front of her family so she calls me on the phone every night crying her eyes out.

I only hope that I can do something for her, that I won't mess up or anything. I don't know what to say to her, especially after this. It was hard enough to do it when I was in seventh grade, I just hope I don't say anything insensitive or something that will make her cry. I just hate how all the bad things seem to happen to her. I really pray that she can find happiness and that no one else in her family dies. I don't think she could handle it.

Last edited by The Literate Angel on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:21 pm; edited 6 times in total
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Down the Rabbit Hole :: Comments

The Literate Angel

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:40 pm by The Literate Angel

First Post

Last edited by The Literate Angel on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Literate Angel

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:14 am by The Literate Angel

First Post

Last edited by The Literate Angel on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Dio the Awesome

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:06 pm by Dio the Awesome

Aww, that's too bad about your Alice project. I hate it when stuff like that happens. I do know there was a game based on Alice in the future. There was a fire which killed her parents, and Alice was placed in an insane asylum, then Wonderland turned very dark and nightmarish.

You'd have to check out copy right laws, depending on how close your work happens to be to the movie, you may still be able to work on getting it published. But I digress.

---

As for your story, there's not quite enough for me to have an opinion yet, so I'll hold off on comments. I have only one word.

MOAR!

Back to top Go down

The Literate Angel

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:29 am by The Literate Angel

Ha ha, thank you very much. That's just the very beginning and I was just kind of putting it out there. And as for the Alice game I actually own it and love it very much. I love the darkness around it and the utter gore it offers.

And I was never really going to publish my Alice story because the copy rights and all that, especially not as my first book. If I became an accomplished author and had an amazing editor then I would definitely consider it, but not as a first. And I think I will put up the first chapter of Alice as well.

And of course I shall give you more, I just need to revise some stuff and get an actual first chapter finished. That's the beginning of the first chapter. I have bits and pieces written out, its just beginnings I have trouble with so I'm trying to work it out. Please review thought. :3

Back to top Go down

The Literate Angel

Post Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:58 am by The Literate Angel

First Post

Last edited by The Literate Angel on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Dio the Awesome

Post Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:56 pm by Dio the Awesome

I think we're all an acceptive people here, and things like religion certainly won't make me judge you any different. I was religious at one point in my life, but my personal definition of God did not fit in with any real religion, so I choose to keep my own opinions.

I will say that is it good to believe in something, and stick to that belief. Good luck on your spiritual journey.

Back to top Go down

The Literate Angel

Post Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:24 am by The Literate Angel

Thank you very much for your support. And I got my Halloween costume yesterday. It is very cute, but it is also very short. I'm not sure if it's to slutty or not. And me and my friends are planning on going trick or treating for the last time. I'm excited. :3

Back to top Go down

Dio the Awesome

Post Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:14 am by Dio the Awesome

I'm pretty sure Halloween costumes can never be TOO slutty. Wink

Back to top Go down

The Literate Angel

Post Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:08 pm by The Literate Angel

Ha ha. Well that is very reassuring. I suppose I can rest easy now.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down