FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff Hiring - IC Moderator

+8
Buzzwulf
Kathryn Lacey
Lord Revan
Chainlinc3
Bird of Hermes
Artorius
The Ghost Writer
Fate Flyer
12 posters

Go down

Staff Hiring - IC Moderator Empty Staff Hiring - IC Moderator

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:00 pm

The Application Process

If you are interested, please reply here and fill out the application. Do not PM it to anyone. All of our current staff needs to be able to see it here for review.

Once you fill out the application, and the deadline hits, we the staff will begin discussing between ourselves. We will review your activity, posts, role-plays, history, etc. to see if you qualify.

We expect you to be 100% honest with us in this process. If you do get a job, we also expect the same percentage of honesty. If you are too busy to keep your job or don't want it anymore, let us know, so that we can place a more able member in your stead.

We do not need to give anyone a reason as for why we didn't pick certain applicants for a job. If bickering and whining occurs, it will reflect poorly upon the person doing so, and we will remember it the next time a job application goes up. Please try not to feel offended in any way if you are not chosen.

Also, as a recent change, all new hires will undergo a one-month trial period. This means that the person(s) hired will have time to try out their position to see if it is truly right for them, and we the Administration will be able to turn away those we do not feel are right for the job without need for an explanation.

The Requirements

• Must have at least 25 posts
  • Must speak English fluently
  • Must be a member for at least a month

Open Positions

We currently need one In Character Moderator. The following are a list of duties expected for an IC Mod.

• Moderate all the In Character forums, including the subforums
  • Delete accidental double posts
  • Move completed role-plays to the Concluded Role-Plays forum
  • Be active within the forums of moderation
  • Generate interesting role-play ideas (even if you, yourself, cannot participate in the role-play)
  • Report and warn members that are breaking rules
  • Provide help and advice to those seeking it
  • Greet and welcome the newcomers

For this position, we are looking for someone who is eager and excited to help out in the role-playing section. We need someone who understands and follows our rules, who preferably can work well with others (the staff) and is good with helping people out, in addition to being active and available, friendly, can maintain a certain level of maturity, follow directions, and finally, someone who feels they can keep this job for at least a decent amount of time.

The Application

The deadline is September 4th, 2011.

Code:
[b]- Do you have any experience as a forum moderator?[/b]

[b]- How can you help us improve FoG?[/b]

[b]-  Roughly, how often can you be on FoG?  Are you willing/able to become more active if your position requires it?[/b]

[b]- How long have you been a member of FoG?[/b]

[b]-  How old are you in real life?  (This question is not required but is appreciated.)[/b]

[b]- What responsibilities do you have that could frequently get in the way of your duties here (ie. school, job, etc.)?[/b]

[b]- Are you able and willing to help members out and maintain a professional and polite attitude when dealing with problems and situations?[/b]

[b]- What qualities that you have do you feel make you a good candidate for this position?[/b]

[b]- Why do you want this position?[/b]

Received Applications

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:06 am; edited 3 times in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Staff Hiring - IC Moderator Empty Re: Staff Hiring - IC Moderator

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Just to prevent confusion to all who have read Christoph's welcoming: applications submitted are still valid. FoG administrators are needing a total of three IC moderators. Kalon Ordona II and Christoph currently fill two of the three slots; therefore this hiring process is looking to fill that last slot.

I hope this clears things up a little and prevents any discouragement from filling out the application. Ask not what FoG can do for you, but what you can do for FoG. Salute

-A

Last edited by The Ghost Writer on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:08 pm

- Do you have any experience as a forum moderator?
I don't have any moderator experience, but I have administrated two phBB boards as well as one SMF board.

- How can you help us improve FoG?
I think I can contribute a lot to the roleplaying aspect of FOG. As an in character moderator, I can introduce new concepts as well as aid members with failing concepts. I can mentor new members (which could prevent some of those failing concepts) and help bring players and roleplays together.

- Roughly, how often can you be on FoG? Are you willing/able to become more active if your position requires it?
Roughly I can spend about 5 hours on FOG a day. I am willing to become more active if my position requires it.

- How long have you been a member of FoG?
I've been a member of FOG since December 20th, 2009. However, I have become most active in the past three months.

- How old are you in real life? (This question is not required but is appreciated.)
I am 16 years old in real life.

- What responsibilities do you have that could frequently get in the way of your duties here (ie. school, job, etc.)?
I participate in tackle football for my high school as well as taking AP and higher level classes. The schoolwork combined with football may slow me down in the fall, but I can usually handle the load.

- Are you able and willing to help members out and maintain a professional and polite attitude when dealing with problems and situations?
Of course! I am definitely willing to help sort out disputes between members and come to a logical and fair conclusion with a professional and polite attitude.

- What qualities that you have do you feel make you a good candidate for this position?
I am a fresh mind, friendly face, and hard worker. I will always strive to be the best moderator I can be. I won't hesitate to help/mentor new members, and I'm always looking for ways to improve. I won't simply do my job, I will continue to learn and find ways to do my job better and more efficiently.

- Why do you want this position?
I want this position because I truly feel at home and have taken a great liking to FOG. I want to see it thrive, and I want to be an integral part of its growth.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Thank you for your application, Artorius.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Bird of Hermes wrote:Thank you for your application, Artorius.

You're definitely welcome. I saw that someone posted and I immediately thought, "Great, what did I forget?" haha Anyways, thanks for the acknowledgement BoH.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:24 pm

No, but I once executed a hostile takeover of an overseas technolo-- I mean, uh, no.
No leadership experience other than the face-to-face variety, of which I have a fair amount (vice-captain of debate team, etc).

Well... the only relevant skills I have are in world building. I rather enjoy crafting detailed, "living" worlds. I'm not sure if that can actually improve FoG, but I didn't want to leave this empty dammit! D:
Beyond that, I can certainly mentor and assist various RPers in whatever way they need. Basically, I would be of most aid in world creation things, and would do my best to aid in all other concerns.

- Roughly, how often can you be on FoG? Are you willing/able to become more active if your position requires it?
Roughly 8 hours a day... I don't have a huge social life going on, and classes are pretty short. If I'm home, I generally have FoG up while I do random other nonsense, so it's a small step from there to doing important mod-things instead of random nonsense.
That number could theoretically rise as high as 12, but an average day would be somewhere between those two.

A little over a year! Or since June 29th, 2010. I've been fairly active most of that period, with small breaks for vacations and whatnot.

- How old are you in real life? (This question is not required but is appreciated.)
18!

- What responsibilities do you have that could frequently get in the way of your duties here (ie. school, job, etc.)?
College. And someday soon, a girlfriend! (...hopefully >.>)
Note on college: I'm not in any remotely challenging courses at the moment, so, I'm not overly worried about it taking up time.

- Are you able and willing to help members out and maintain a professional and polite attitude when dealing with problems and situations?
I'mma helper! Honestly, I think I'm pretty good at helping and being polite, so there shouldn't be a problem there. If someone is consistently being obnoxious with me... I can lose my cool. Generally I try to hand situations like that off to other people before it gets that bad, but, total disclosure and stuff.

- What qualities that you have do you feel make you a good candidate for this position?
I'm... friendly. I'd say I'm mature, but that'd be a flat-out lie. I'm definitely helpful (I think).
Also, if you didn't notice already, I'm pretty laid back. It's possible to make me treat an issue seriously, but unless I see some urgency, I'm easygoing. So, from a mod perspective, I suppose that translates into "accessible."
In a nutshell, I'm friendly, have a passion for RPing (especially world building), and have a lot of free time.

Well, it's all part of my simple, three step plan:
1. Become a moderator.
2. ???
3. Profit.

All joking aside, FoG has been a good community for me both as a writer and a person. I'd like to help out any way I can. Also, I hope that having added responsibilities on FoG will make it easier for me to remember to do my posts. You know, spending time reading through all these threads looking for double posts makes it a little more likely for me to remember "OH! I need to finish that post."

- Why would you NOT want to accept me?
I have a BIG flaw in being forgetful and easily distracted. I'm generally able to overcome that in order to deal with serious responsibilities, but I just felt that you needed to know that if you're going to make an informed decision.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:05 am

Thank you for application and honesty, Chainlin3. I see Fate has updated the initial post to include the hyperlink, and we'll be reviewing your submission shortly. Smile
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:21 am

Thank you both Artorius and Chainlinc3 for you applications. Like Ghost said, we shall be reviewing then shortly.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:29 am

The Ghost Writer wrote:I see Fate has updated the initial post to include the hyperlink...

Actually, that must have been Kathryn. Credit where it's due. Smile She is lovely at keeping things well organized.

As has been stated, thank you for applying, and we will be discussing all the applicants by Sunday, September 4th.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:
The Ghost Writer wrote:I see Fate has updated the initial post to include the hyperlink...

Actually, that must have been Kathryn. Credit where it's due. Smile She is lovely at keeping things well organized.

It was me, but I don't mind not getting sole credit. We are a team, after all. It's not all about me. ^^_^^

I just figured that because more than just the applications were being posted, having links in the first post would help us easily find the actual applications amidst the short, mild discussion that has also occurred.

Also, thank you both for your applications! It's great to see that people are interested in helping FoG to prosper.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:47 pm

Yes, I have moderated for two small forums. One was an old PhBB that my friends set up for the D&D club at our high school in my senior year (and has since been taken down, though the archives are saved on an external hard drive.) The other was the precursor to a small roleplaying website that can still be found here: http://tloti.gameapollo.com/index.php

I’ve been around here for a while, and I’m proud to say that I’ve made FoG my RPing home. I’ve tried other sites, and RPed with other people, but this is the place that I always come back to. I like to think that I am extremely approachable, as I try my best to always be friendly and work with others in my RPs. I’m extremely interested in collaboration and working together to create a stronger story. I feel that as a moderator, I will be able to foster a sense of camaraderie and help to create a stranger bond between my fellow FoGgers.

As it is, I am on FoG 4-5 times a week, reading not only the RPs that I’m currently in, but many others that I find interesting as well. As an in-character moderator, I would be willing to increase that even further. I’m not promising that I’ll make it a full-time job or anything, but I really enjoy being here, and I will certainly take the time so I can make others stays just as enjoyable.

My profile page says 2009-07-25, but I feel as though that’s not quite accurate. I didn’t actually become active on FoG until October of that year, I believe, though I tried out an RP idea that nobody really seemed to go for. My appearance took a very sharp spike upwards once I began writing in Emoria, and I have become personally invested in the story that we’re all working on there.

- How old are you in real life?

IRL, I am 20. I will be 21 next march.

I will be attending college again starting in the middle of September. However, I mostly stayed active during my last year on campus, and I expect that my activity will stay at acceptable levels during my time there. I certainly don’t plan to disappear, as writing, particularly here, is probably one of my favorite uses of my free time.

Absolutely. Though I joke around sometimes in OOCs or on chat, I have always followed forum rules and tried to help those who asked me for it. I try to be friendly and an enjoyable person to talk to, and I believe that it shows in my posts.

I want to make it very clear that writing at FoG help me to become the writer that I am today. While I had practiced RPing before coming here, on several different sites, this site is the first place I have found that is fostering, helpful to growing writers, and still feels like a close-knit community. I’ve talked to many on this site at one point or another, and I like to think I’ve made a few friends. I come to say this as a writer who has been influenced by FoG, and will continue to be so. It is on FoG that I determined that I was interested in characterization over plot, that I preferred to work with big groups and get details hammered out with others on chat. These are the exact qualities that I believe best benefit a moderator: listening to both sides of the story and trying to reach some sort of agreement between parties.

I have been on FoG a while and I have always been impressed with the thought and care the moderators show in the community. I feel that I would be a good addition to this website, and I want to do what I can to foster the internet environment that I feel I myself have thrived in.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:59 pm

Yes, I have modded a Forum in Nationstates off-site foums (while I held an elected office in that 'goverment' for a short period of time, but that was awhile ago). I have also been an Admin on various websites (mostly WoW Guild sites) that had forums, so part of the job.

I do not like filling these kinds of questions with typical stuff people put here (I’ve seen alot of them on recruitment forums from the places I have frequented, etc.) with very vague notions of maybe, perhaps possible things I can do. All I can is that the only way I can improve FoG is by simply posting and being part of the community, like everyone else, but also to lead. I have held various positions of leadership both on the web and not. You already know the few spots I have held on Forums, but I have also founded and led various committees, groups and clubs in my College and I am a newly added council member (acts like a Jedi council would... sorry about the reference to SW, but I have been caught up in my RP and SWTOR recently. Razz) for Les Jeunes Liberaux (the youth wing of the Quebec Liberal Party... oh and if you want more info on that, I like talking about politics, so please ask!. AIso thought about it, and that new position won't affect my time on FoG since we are only used a couple times a year). I like to think I am an able leader because of this and I know I can throw in my two cents in making FoG a better place by bringing this experience to the table.

Well, being in college gives me time to be active at various hours for various amounts of time all along the day, so I can be very active if needed. I would also like to point out my various moments of lack of activity during the past months (for example I used to be very active in the Games and Welcoming department, among others). I just wanted to say that the reasons for that happening were personal and a onetime thing. I can increase my activity back to the ‘Most posts a week’ that I previously had almost constantly if needed. Very Happy

October 19th, 2009, this makes it about 2 years and 10 months ago at the time of this posting... I think

18, but my birthday is in November (November 11th! Remembrance Day!)

School, job, RL... you know, the usual. Wow, that was everything on your list there...
I know how to organize my time and I love being busy, so no problem there!

I like to think I am mature... when the need arises. Otherwise, I am a goof and I just try to have a good time. Thankfully, I know when one thing starts and the other ends.

Leadership and experience, mostly, and, equally as important, a good sense of humor! I explained the first two reasons back in the second question and proved my good sense of humor through my time here in FoG (RIGHT?!).

Oh, et je parle français. Oh la la. Cool

Not to sound sappy or generate, but its because I like people. Not just people on FoG, but people in general. The reason I posted in the WELCOME! thread so much is not because I wanted to up my post count or something, but because I like seeing something I am a part of grow so well and so fast! And, let’s not hide it, but when we see someone who we welcomed to the site (especially if you are first!) and then see them either join your RP or create their own RP and be awesome at it, isn’t that just a friggin’ great feeling? Or that can just be me...

And what else do I like, just as much as people? Their ideas! It’s part of the reason I am already involved deeply in politics at age 18. I love knowing their stories, ideas, etc. It’s also part of why I started RP’ing so long ago (well... 5 years ago). Needless to say, I like reading the RP's of mostly everyone, for fun.

Ok, sapness terminated. On a more practical note, I like leading and I think I am good at it. How simple was that.

So there ya go, ladies and gents, the application of The Dax. If you want to ask questions/grill me/attack me/give me cookies or whatever, do it, and do it bluntly. If you cover it up with fluff, I will unleash *Emoria joke inc* Jean and Vatienne upon you. And you don’t want that.

cheers

Last edited by Dax on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Thank you, Chainlinc, Buzzwolf and Dax, for your applications.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Thank you all for your applications. We will review them once the deadline passes and keep you informed on our final decision.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:18 am

Alright, the staff hiring is now closed, and the staff will discuss all those who applied. Thank you for all your interest, and we look forward to working with one of you soon!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:12 am

After some discussion, research, and time spent thinking on it, the staff has decided to promote Dax as our new In Character Moderator!

Many of us are familiar with Dax and therefore know him to be a very friendly and personable guy, along with being eager to participate in discussions. Additionally, Dax has had quite a bit of experience with both moderating and administrating, which will surely come in handy. We look forward to working with him and hope he fits in well in his new position!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:41 am

Congratulations Dax! In my eyes, all applicants seemed worthy and any of you fine gentlemen would have been an excellent choice Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:49 am

Ryona Noel wrote:Congratulations Dax! In my eyes, all applicants seemed worthy and any of you fine gentlemen would have been an excellent choice Smile
Much agreed, Ryona!

We appreciate you all taking the time to apply and for your interest in helping us out here at FoG. If and when new positions open up in the future, we encourage you to apply again then if you are so interested.

Thank you all again!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:19 pm

Congrats, Dax! Don't enjoy yourself too much now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Congratulations, Dax!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks to everyone who applied and congratulations, Dax!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Congratulations, Dax! Try not to forget all us little people, mmk? Razz
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Congrats Dax!
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Congrats Dax.

And like the rest of the staff has already said, thank you to all who applied! You all would have made an excellent choice.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Congratulations, Dax!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Congratulations, Dax! And again, thank you to all who applied. You all were excellent candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply again in the future if more positions open in the staff.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:22 pm

hey, I'm a little late to the party, but congratulations, Dax!
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:29 pm

Yep, tough choice. It was great to see so many quality candidates willing to step up. Guess who we'll likely be thinking of when FOG expands and we need more moderators! Very Happy I can hardly believe we're over 900 members! xD

All in all, great response, and looking forward to a nice round of good old mundane keepin' on after another mark on the growth chart for our wonderful little haven of eliteracy.
Congratulations, Dax, all, and FOG! ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Kalon is totally right. This site is getting bigger and bigger. It will only be a matter of time before we will probably need more mods to help the site run. If and when that happens, all 3 of you who applied will definitely be at the top of our minds when a new position opens up.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down