FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing?

+25
Chindi
Digital Muse
Nicola Christine
cindrella
Icipher
xraineyesx
quakernuts
LunarScorpio
Kalon Ordona II
Nation
Sunwolf007
Nihilisil
Awesomeocalypse
Blackrock
Sólrökr
Lord Revan
MadHatClemens
Dreamless Days
Bird of Hermes
Dax
Kathryn Lacey
Lara
The Ghost Writer
Gadreille
Fate Flyer
29 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What are you doing? Empty What are you doing?

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Most of us multitask while we're online, so share what else you're doing here! Or, alternatively, tell us what you've been doing and what's going on lately. Update us whenever you like. (Oooh, this is basically like a Twitter thread.)

Right now, I'm about to watch The Island with Axiom Awaits. I loved this movie. Nod

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

What are you doing? Empty Re: What are you doing?

Post by Gadreille Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:21 pm

I just finished an interview with the local paper about my LOTR nerdiness XD
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Let me pick one.... I'm a huge multitasker.

Let's go with.... Attempting to watch (and get into) Bleach. Not sure if I'm following what this series is about, but I guess I'll get used to it.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:08 pm

Good luck with that one, Ghost Writer.

I'm attempting (and failing) to create a new text message tone for my phone using some music on my computer. Turns out the phone I'm using now will only play 3 seconds of music, whereas my old one played 30...
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 am

Wow, that's a pretty big difference in length of tone, Lara.

I am taking some time out of my morning to do some more promoting for FoG. It can be such a long, tedious process. XD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:47 pm

So that is the reason for all the new members...it's working FOG momma, keep it up!

I am browsing articles while I wait for it to be noon...need to pick up my brother, grab some lunch, take some important stuff out to my real estate agent, come home, then turn around and go to class for the last 3 1/2 hours of training before I have my health and safety requirement. I basically am going to continue learning why it is imperative to wash you hands over and OVER and OVER again. Haha.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Downloading a Tomb Raider game from GameTap. I should've never deleted my account, I miss playing from it so much, especially on this deployment!

While I'm waiting, I think I'll pop in a DVD. Smile

EDIT: Fate, if you need with advertising, just ask. I've got a few networks available for use. Cool
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Fate, you're awesome! That is all. =3

Ryona, for what are you training?

Ghost, what DVD will you watch while you wait?

I am currently trying to create my main Caligo character. I've been putting it off since Caligo came into existence, but now I'm really interested in all of it.

Well, I guess I'm technically creating two characters: my main and one for the story contest in case I decide to join the latter.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:52 pm

Yay! Never too late to jump on the Caligo bandwagon Very Happy

I'm getting certification in pediatric CPR, first aid, health and safety. It's required to open a Family Home Daycare, which is what I am currently trying to do Smile

Right now I'm waiting for Silvone to get here (My mom's house) so I can switch cars and go to class.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Definitely not. For some reason, I'm more interested in the reboot than I was in the original, but nothing has changed, so maybe I just wasn't ready for it. Whatevs. I'm excited for it!

Oooh. I kind of severely dislike small children ((though I do admit defeat when they do things that are kind of cute)), but I know you like them, so I think it's really cool that you want to open a day care. Besides, even if I don't personally like them, I understand the importance of giving them good care. I think you'll be doing a really good thing by opening a day care.

My character is slowly coming together. I finally freaking decided on a name for her after what felt like half a day or more.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:18 pm

I am trying to stay awake... Up early today. Lots to do.

Congrats on making your character, Kathryn Smile I am not sure if I will use the character I have, or make another character that ties in with my main character is some way. But I am definitely excited about writing for this contest Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:24 pm

Lately, I've been having trouble staying awake at night. It's partially a bad thing because I'm usually doing something while trying to stay awake, but at the same time, it's an enormously good thing because it means my insomnia is being beaten into the dirt. It also means that I feel awesome and awake during the day.

However, I believe I'm an hour ahead of you, so I would just be waking up now if I was on the coast rather than having been up for an hour. I also don't have a small child for whom to care, so I'm sure than makes a difference, too. =3

I just think that it would be waaaaay too obvious if I used my main Caligo character for the contest because I want to join a role play based on Caligo when she's complete. Those people who would be a part of that role play would know immediately even if I just changed the names, you know?

I trust that a lot of people on this site are able to be objective, but I'm also aware that others have a hard time with it, and I'm pretty sure there are some people who don't like me on FoG though I know there are those who do. I just want to keep things as anonymous as possible.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:36 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Definitely not. For some reason, I'm more interested in the reboot than I was in the original, but nothing has changed, so maybe I just wasn't ready for it. Whatevs. I'm excited for it!

Oooh. I kind of severely dislike small children ((though I do admit defeat when they do things that are kind of cute)), but I know you like them, so I think it's really cool that you want to open a day care. Besides, even if I don't personally like them, I understand the importance of giving them good care. I think you'll be doing a really good thing by opening a day care.

My character is slowly coming together. I finally freaking decided on a name for her after what felt like half a day or more.

Well the same job can't be for everyone...I think if everyone adored and was good with small children the way I am, it would be a lot harder to get this business started!

I am more than a little scared on starting the business, because I have a lot riding on it. Thank you for pointing out the good things about it, it always feels good to be reassured that what I am doing is the right thing. Most people I know completely ignore me when I speak of anything slightly related to the responsibility of youngers Smile

I am about to print out a 30 page document, and then a 17 page document. How I wish this was college and I could print it out four pages a pop Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Now I am about to sit down and force myself to create the OOC thread for my zombies role-play. Enough procrastination! Whip me if it isn't up in a few hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Ryona, that's very true. Way to look on the positive side of things. ^^_^^

I think you'll do really well with your business. There's so much good that can come of it, and because parents often have to work, and because kids need a good caregiver, I think you'll be successful.

What initially gave you the idea for a day care? I know you like kids, but a lot of people who like kids would never even think about starting something like that.

Silvone, oh man... I hate zombies so much. Watching or reading anything about zombies gives me nightmares. It's the only monster-movie creature that does. :: sighs ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:25 pm

The monster movie I can't stand is demons...like, exorcism type things where there is a malevolent spirit in the persons body for no damn reason and there is nothing that can be done.

Kathryn, I have wanted to do a daycare for a while, but since I do not have a house it was not a feasible option. I tried looking for other work (for an entire year I looked) and I finally found substituting. I gave it a try to see if it would be worth going back and getting my credential...and found that I was not cut out to be a teacher. As odd as it sounds, I really did not like being in the classroom. It had very little to do with the kids...it was more of the environment. I'm not a fan of the school system, and seeing it from the inside did little to reassure myself of its dire situation.

So I was at the brink of despair, wondering WTH I was going to do with my life, when my grandfather sat me down and asked me about the daycare idea again (we had talked about it in the past). I told him I would love to start one but I have no house. His response was, "Forget the house, we can get you the house; can you RUN a daycare?" So then began the careful calculations to see exactly what it would take to get it going. It's kind of like getting a business grant, but from family. Now I'm caught in the middle of this craziness, trying to learn to buy a home and run a daycare all in one big jump.

I'm extraordinarily grateful for having someone who can give me this grant and help me get on my feet because they will not be here forever and I'd like to have stable income before they go. I think the biggest reason this is all happening is because they feel the same way.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Ugh... Yeah. I can understand the demon thing. Those don't bother me nearly as much as zombies, but they're effing creepy.

Wow! That's really awesome that they're helping you so much. Your family sounds like they're all really close. I think it's wonderful. I'm really not family oriented, myself, and the only family I really have left is my grandma, so I always think it's awesome when people have bigger families who help each other so much like that.

Have you ever worked in a day care before now?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:00 pm

No, not in an actual business. I have taken care of many younger family members unpaid, so I have experience in the general process...however, dealing with non related clients, as well as running the business portion (buying and cataloging supplies, charging clients, enforcing policies) is all new to me. However, I'm a quick learner and I think I've got a good start on it (especially seeing the condition of some others who have successfully started a daycare...just having an education and being under the age of 40 gives me a leading edge many don't have). I have high hopes, but I do have that tingling fear in the back of my mind that I have no idea what I'm getting into, lol.

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Maybe you could talk to some people who run/have run day cares about it? Like... there could be day cares that won't be competitive with you when you start your business, and maybe they'd let you experience it for a certain amount of time, and you can get an idea about it that way before you dive head first into it?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:07 pm

There is actually someone in the neighborhood starting one up around the same time as I, though I think hers will start first. She's the only one I know how has been willing to work with me non - competitively (and since we are going to be living so close to one another [if I get this house] it is a good idea to become friends instead of enemies).

There is, however, a person my mother works with whose daughter runs a daycare on the otherside of town. I love the way she runs her daycare on a curriculum rather than just a babysitting service. I might be able to conjur up a meeting with her. I can't forget the issue of her not knowing me, and I have to admit it is understandable that a licensee might not want someone in their daycare that they do not know, even if there is good reason.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:03 pm

I am trying to win the Minister of Security elections on NationStates (a political simulator). The election itself is held off-site by the community. Lots of campaigning/fun stuff going on there. xD

Wish me luck. Razz
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Good luck, Dax!

I am currently making lunch and researching futuristic vehicles and equipment for my Caligo character.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:29 pm

I just figured out what my story for the Caligo Contest will be about, so now I need to sit down and start writing it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:42 pm

I am trying to think of a good place to start will my post for Caligo. However, I am sadly procrastinating by looking for a good character picture instead. I am having writer's block - a thing I have been plagued with as of late.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:33 pm

I am listening to 40's music, getting ready for a small get together at my new place. Hopefully it will be a very nice evening!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:49 pm

It sounds like it will be, Ryona!

I'm currently biding my time until my 6:30pm swim class. I'm excited for it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:56 am

Keeping up with my now useless (since I graduated high school two years ago) singing training. AKA, I'm singing. Haha.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatClemens Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:55 am

Currently listening to some radio as background noise while I tik-a-tak spastically on a keyboard to see in anything creative comes out of the resulting chaos.

MadHatClemens
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Axiom and I just cleaned a ton throughout my condo before my family gets here tomorrow to help me move out. Tonight is my last night sleeping here ever! I'm excited to get out of this scary town.

Now we're relaxing with some Roswell and Ghost Adventures, since he just got Netflix!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Congratulations! It's almost over! I've actually never seen either of those shows, but I've heard good things about the former.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum