FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you believe in ghosts?

+28
cheeseface
DefaniMartin
Dreamless Days
ItalyLinda
Lost Dreams
Nihilisil
DarkGoddess
Bird of Hermes
MidsummerMermaid
KimmyCool
IWroteASongForYou
Dax
NotAliceInHerWonderland
Silvan Arrow
Gadreille
Barbarossa
Resurrection Vic
Squall Reyes
KineticAsparagus
Ragter the junior greeter
Adrius Frostglare
Psychotic Felix
Zelda
Kalon Ordona II
vitamin_kitten
Reffy
Kathryn Lacey
Fate Flyer
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you believe ghosts are real?

Do you believe in ghosts? - Page 2 Votele1054%Do you believe in ghosts? - Page 2 Voteri10 54% 
[ 26 ]
Do you believe in ghosts? - Page 2 Votele1025%Do you believe in ghosts? - Page 2 Voteri10 25% 
[ 12 ]
Do you believe in ghosts? - Page 2 Votele1021%Do you believe in ghosts? - Page 2 Voteri10 21% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 48

Do you believe in ghosts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:24 am

No, I don't believe in ghosts. Nor will I ever believe in ghosts, spirits, or any form of life after death. In my mind, it makes no sense whatsoever. I can't really give an original argument that hasn't been stated by some other person in the past. I can only tell you that it doesn't feel right to me. Maybe its that I don't want it to be. I can tell you I am looking forward to non-existance after death. But I think it has more to do with my unerring faith in science and facts.

I have never had a paranormal experience, nor have I found any compelling evidence in stories claiming paranormal experiences. There are many things to explain these "ghost" sightings, or supposed communications with spirits. What these explanations are, I don't always have an answer for. I don't really care, either. People say: "Well, since you don't have any explanation for what it is, I say its a ghost."

I say: "Well, since you don't have any compelling evidence that it is a ghost/spirit, I refuse to accept it as such. Despite the fact that I don't know for a fact that it is a ghost, there is no more evidence that it exists than there is God himself exists. Therefore, I will stick to what has been proven."

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:42 am

To anyone looking for truth and evidence, I ask: What do you make of these recordings of mine?
http://www.ghosthuntersofstartlingtruth.com/0506evprecordings.htm

Each time I managed to capture a new EVP, I'd feel that same fright and excitement and horror I felt that I experienced the first night I ever heard one. It's just so incredibly spooky because of the mere fact that something obviously just is not right about it. Voices shouldn't be talking to us, they shouldn't have been reacting to us, and yet they were, and as scary as that is for me, it's the main thing that fuels me into wanting to continue paranormal investigating.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAliceInHerWonderland Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:18 pm

I believe that all paranormal things exist in some way shape or form because, how would people come up with these things without something to work off? How would someone just decide one day 'I'm going to write a book about a man who drinks blood! I'm going to call him a vampire." He must have got that inspiration from somewhere, and to be honest, I don't see why someone would make something like that up. ^^ Useless ramble that makes no sense. ^.^ I'm good at that.

Oh well x
NotAliceInHerWonderland
NotAliceInHerWonderland
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:23 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote:No, I don't believe in ghosts. Nor will I ever believe in ghosts, spirits, or any form of life after death. In my mind, it makes no sense whatsoever. I can't really give an original argument that hasn't been stated by some other person in the past. I can only tell you that it doesn't feel right to me. Maybe its that I don't want it to be. I can tell you I am looking forward to non-existance after death. But I think it has more to do with my unerring faith in science and facts.

I have never had a paranormal experience, nor have I found any compelling evidence in stories claiming paranormal experiences. There are many things to explain these "ghost" sightings, or supposed communications with spirits. What these explanations are, I don't always have an answer for. I don't really care, either. People say: "Well, since you don't have any explanation for what it is, I say its a ghost."

I say: "Well, since you don't have any compelling evidence that it is a ghost/spirit, I refuse to accept it as such. Despite the fact that I don't know for a fact that it is a ghost, there is no more evidence that it exists than there is God himself exists. Therefore, I will stick to what has been proven."

This one hundred percent. I follow your exact opinion and i could not of said it any other way.

To answer to all of those who say that they must of been based off of something, they were. Human beings. There are cannibals (vampires), an actual disease called.... something...that grows hair all over your body (hence lycans).

Don’t forget the drug uses in antiquity and other ages. They didn't KNOW they were hallucinating. The most loved and acclaimed legends may just be that, the result of a massive hallucination. (ghosts, dragons, faeries, I could go on....)
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IWroteASongForYou Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:44 am

No, I definitely don't believe in anything like that.
IWroteASongForYou
IWroteASongForYou
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyCool Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:15 am

I don't believe in ghosts at all. It is all fake and myth. Fearing about unknown and the unseen ghosts is really foolish. The fear about ghost builds due to imagination and thought in human minds.
KimmyCool
KimmyCool
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by MidsummerMermaid Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 am

KimmyCool wrote:I don't believe in ghosts at all. It is all fake and myth. Fearing about unknown and the unseen ghosts is really foolish. The fear about ghost builds due to imagination and thought in human minds.
Exactly. Smile
MidsummerMermaid
MidsummerMermaid
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:23 pm

I don't really believe in ghosts. I think that there is a possibility that spirits do exist. I just can't be for certain of it.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:50 pm

I believe in ghosts, but I can understand people who say they don't believe in ghosts as well.

Growing up, I loved to freak myself out with the old Ouija board, ghost stories, everything like that. But I never actually thought it to be real. It wasn't until I reached University that things started happening.

Don't get me wrong, I love my univesrity. But I grew up in a very new town with little history of anything. My house is younger than I am, and nothing had been built on it before. However, in my residence, there are certain spots that are chilling. You feel like you don't belong there. Feel free to explain it away with electromagnetic frequencies or drafts from an old building, but the one spot I notice it most in, it is locked at night. It's only accessible through a Residence Advisor. In there, you can only carry flashlights becacuse though there are windows, at night there is no source of light. There is no wiring there whatsoever.

As well, in an attempt to explain away the cool breezes, well there were curtains over every window, and when I felt a breeze, no windows moved.

Also, I didn't believe in them at first. So when my friends were going out to try and contact them, I went along. I started taunting the ghosts just for kicks. But there was one time where, in the dark, I felt a hand grip at my arm as if to pull me back. I reached with my other hand to stop the person who was gripping me, but there was nothing. The next morning, I had bruises there.

So with that, and some other things I'd rather not go into, I now believe in ghosts even if others don't. And I won't try and convince you to believe, I think that the only way to truly change your mind would be if you had an experience yourself.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihilisil Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:02 am

Barbarossa's theory coincides quite handily with my own personal view on the nature of energy in the universe. I don't think ghosts as percieved by the media exist (I.E., psychotic humanoid spirits that can manifest or create havoc), but I certainly believe in remnant energy. A thing dies and instead of filtering back into the wave collective properly, "clings" to material exist and shows up as a sort of negative image of corporeal form. I'm not certain how I feel about the ability of these remnants to interact with the corporeal world, however. I do have a friend that has had some INCREDIBLY intense interaction with poltergeist-like phenomenon. As far as that goes, though, I wholeheartedly endorse the idea of parellel realities and the idea that beings can possibly cross barriers between them. Such beings could, of course, interact on a physical level.
Nihilisil
Nihilisil
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost Dreams Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:27 pm

Yes, absolutely. No doubt about it. I try not to think about it too much.
When I watch the shows like haunted houses and such I try to think of "Oh well, that could have came from this" So I do try to rationalize it as much as I can. I don't just freak out because a door slams shut but there are things that happen that can't always be explained.

My close friend had a very scary run in with a ghost. She went to a mental institution for a year because of it. It's a pretty intense story. Maybe I'll use it for the Halloween Writing contest.
Lost Dreams
Lost Dreams
Mist
Mist

Female

http://JFNS.Into/Anime Sactuary (Private archives)

Back to top Go down

Post by ItalyLinda Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:38 am

Obviously I would say “NO”, because I do not consider things unless I observe it for myself. But some times still feel that someone or something watching me also following me. Anyway I still go with the answer “NO”.

ItalyLinda
ItalyLinda
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.galaxy4you.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:20 am

Personally, I do believe in the paranormal. I don't believe that they are around to hurt us or anything, though they must have a purpose if they are still here.

The reasoning behind me believing in the whole shebang, is due to events that have happened to both myself and my family. Various sightings and the like have definitely given me the feeling that the spirits of those who have actually passed on CAN stick around/come back to us when they feel it is needed.

And while generally others don't believe me when I say it, but the family on my mothers side has a history with strange things. For example, my aunt has been known to speak to those who have passed on, my grandmother can know the entire history of an object from one touch. Meanwhile, I see glimpses of events in my near future in my dreams (Up until a few years ago, I assumed this was what people called "Deja Vu" and never thought otherwise. Until it was explained to me that I was wrong, lol). Though, obviously I don't expect people to believe me, that's all up to them.

TL;DR: Yes, I believe in ghosts.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DefaniMartin Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:52 am

Well in my point of view I seriously believe something is out there, it could be the ghost. So I am a burly believer in ghosts. I would say only approach to challenge of it is for you to go to a haunted location and if you don't discover something then consider it doesn’t exist.
DefaniMartin
DefaniMartin
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cheeseface Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:25 am

At the moment I do not believe ghost because haven’t seen on in my real life. But if I see one I will believe that really ghost exist in this world.

cheeseface
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by cindrella Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 pm

I've experienced it a few years ago, before then I was a skeptic. But now, I am a full on believer.
cindrella
cindrella
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.gaiaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:45 pm

What was your experience?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cindrella Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:25 am

I moved into a new house, and before we had moved to Colorado we had some bad Mojo vibes around us. A week or two after moving in, I started to hear random footsteps and doors opening and closing - cabinets and the front door. I'd hear voices, like my name being SCREAMED to the point where I'd wake up and run into my parents room asking if they needed me. For awhile I thought I was going insane, then one of my friends told me they were scared because I was acting like I was going through Partial Possession whenever they came to my house with me and it was around midnight. Doing some research, I actually had been partially possessed and there were warning signs all over that I would potentially hurt someone.

Shortly after, my mother bought a bundle of sage and we performed a cleansing. A week later I was completely back to normal and all the activity had stopped.

So, that was my experience. xD
cindrella
cindrella
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:15 pm

That's awesome that your mother was able to cleanse the house of whatever was happening in it. Did you not even notice the partial possession, or looking back, do you remember things that didn't seem like a big deal at the time because you didn't understand them well enough?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cindrella Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:18 pm

No, I didn't notice it until I did research. When I look back on it, it was really scary because my mom would ask me to pick something up and all I could think was, 'I wanna kill you, just shut the hell up and go away.' For no reason, and I was just angry and frustrated all the time. I even got violent when asked to clean my room and broke a mirror by throwing my shoe at it.

To me, it's not that huge a deal. I think actually it's pretty cool, because now I am actually the leader to a ghost hunting club in my school, and we have actually investigated The Stanley Hotel. ^ ^
cindrella
cindrella
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Abalyth Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:26 am

When I lived in Ohio, I lived in this ancient three story blue house that had hide away closets (we think it was from the Civil War to hide slaves). And I heard things all the time that were explainable. For a long time I thought I had clairvoyance. Though my skills were limited to what I heard. I never "grew out of it" and I still, to this day, can "hear" things that could be described as paranormal activity.

That is, until I came across a proven scientific study that has determined a specific wave frequency that causes our brains to hallucinate. To "freak out", if you will. They tested it by subjecting people to this frequency, and the subjects would wake up claiming things like alien abduction- when they hadn't moved at all. What's more convincing? All of the well-known haunted places have a generator of this wave frequency.

Apparently, I suffer from something called "auditory hallucination"- which in a short summary is that my brain picks up a specific frequency (within the realm of these "paranormal waves") and it only affects my hearing region. There are others who claim to see images (possibly "ghosts"), it is the same thing, except the frequency they pick up affects their sight.

On a side note, if you smell phantom scents, you might have a brain tumor and you should go see a doctor. (I am being 100% serious).

To be honest, I would rather believe in ghosts. What kind of secret evolutionary hell did our ancestors experience that gave us THESE genetics?

Also, I think a lot of people fail to recognize how powerful the human brain truly is. You can force yourself to hallucinate. You can force yourself into being sick. All it takes, as cliche and silly as it sounds, is to believe it. To truly believe it. And your brain will make it happen. It's an intense form of placebo.

By all means, believe what you want. :3 I just thought I would share that bit of information. I think we have an inherent need to label and define things, and since something like paranormal activity seemingly defies our reality, we have to find a way to explain it. So the majority of us use ghosts or spirits. Which is perfectly acceptable. :3

Abalyth
Mist
Mist

Female

http://abalyth.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by alice and the flowers Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:37 pm

I really love the idea of ghosts or anything paranormal, but at the same time, I sort of rather hope that it isn't real at all because the implications of it (life after death and all that) is mildly terrifying.
alice and the flowers
alice and the flowers
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by zacefron12 Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:54 am

No I don’t believe because I always passing cemetery when I get off my office and my street was really dark I never Sean any ghost.

zacefron12
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2