FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Scares You?

+21
Axiom Awaits
The Ghost Writer
Ana Kingsley
Starstruck
UnfortunateBountyHunter
PeterHog
Skitzo-phrenick
IWroteASongForYou
Artorius
Lamenting_Quill
xraineyesx
Lara
Kalon Ordona II
Squall Reyes
Gadreille
Lyonesse
The Melancholy Spirit
Sighlent
quakernuts
Bird of Hermes
Fate Flyer
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Scares You? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Scares You?

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Haha you know me better than anyone, Axiom. Very Happy

And I know that about you -- that you're afraid of small spaces. I like to challenge your fears though and help you confront them. Twisted Evil Muhahaha! *ahem* Given that spiders indoors freak me out, and there are quite a few spiders in your basement, I shouldn't be implying anything lol.

Unexplained things don't necessarily scare me to the point of feeling fear, such as weird noises or strange unexplainable things happening to or around you, but it does automatically trigger my inner curiosity. It can startle me and unsettle me, but I always want to find out what cause [fill in the blank here] to happen.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Fri May 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Something just scared the crap and bajoozles out of me seconds ago! I was walking from the latrine back to my tent after answering nature's call and happened to be passing by a ventilation unit for one of the female tents. Right when my eyes wondered over to it (not sure why they even did) it unexpectedly started up with this loud, rusty SSSSHHHHCCCWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!! and I propelled off one leg, right off to the side, into the back "wall" of another tent and slam my head into the canvas, forcing my body to bounce back and onto the ground.

Some airman passing by saw the whole thing and starting laughing uncontrollably. Embarassed
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 8:14 pm

The Ghost Writer wrote:Something just scared the crap and bajoozles out of me seconds ago! I was walking from the latrine back to my tent after answering nature's call and happened to be passing by a ventilation unit for one of the female tents. Right when my eyes wondered over to it (not sure why they even did) it unexpectedly started up with this loud, rusty SSSSHHHHCCCWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!! and I propelled off one leg, right off to the side, into the back "wall" of another tent and slam my head into the canvas, forcing my body to bounce back and onto the ground.

Some airman passing by saw the whole thing and starting laughing uncontrollably. Embarassed

That's hilarious! I've certainly jumped at some odd sounds sometimes Embarassed

The only thing that really manages to frighten me these days are when I check on my son when he is sleeping. Sometimes I don't see him breathing right away and I start to get panicky, and then I breathe a huge sigh of relief when I see his chest move. Silly, probably, but it is something I always do.

From The Road:
"When he woke in the woods in the dark and the cold of the night he'd reach out to touch the child sleeping beside him. His hand rose and fell softly with each precious breath."

Last edited by Silvone Elestahr on Fri May 27, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri May 27, 2011 8:18 pm

I know that feeling, Silvone. Especially in the beginning, when you are getting constant reminders that your child could die in his sleep any minute. That sleepy terror you feel, almost like a nightmare but with cold realization that it is NOT a nightmare...practially falling over the side of the crib, yet delicately so as not to wake him if he is merely in a slumber. A gentle touch, your hand freezes in icy worry as you are not sure you can feel his heart or lungs...and then suddenly, you feel it, and everything is fine.

How I feel for parents who have gone through this scenario and the child is not fine Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 8:22 pm

I don't really know why I still do it, since he isn't in the stage anymore where that is a danger. I have a feeling I will always do it though. Just a parent thing, I guess. At least you don't think it is stupid, but I guess I already knew that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:00 pm

I got one for you.

Yesterday was very, very humid in Montreal (85% humidity index). Bees, naturally, hate that so when its humid I get a lot of them in the house. Well, yesterday, I spent my night killing them. One of them, and I must really be damned lucky because it was the damned QUEEN, was able to evade me. At one point I stopped seeing/hearing her, so I thought she had died or left.

*Cough*

Anyway, I was going to bed and proceeded to taking off my contact lenses. When I leaned on the counter to get closer to the mirror, I heard a buzzing sound. I had no idea where it was coming from. I stepped back from the counter, looked everywhere... then felt a little tingling sensation on my foot. I think my heart skipped a couple beats, because I found myself jumping all over the bathroom, trying to get it off. I finally did... and killed the damned thing. I still can't believe I wasn't stung.

That was freaking scary. xD
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandrine Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:06 am

I'm deathly afraid of cockroaches and rats. I run out screaming every time when I see one of them.
Alexandrine
Alexandrine
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:04 am

I remember a few years ago I was in a weird place. I often fantasized about death in general, not really caring much for it, at least until I saw Final Destination. Now, you might find this lame, but the movie made me look at things differently. I started seeing the ability for myself to die everywhere. And it didn't matter if I stayed away from it all, because there was ALWAYS a chance to die. The whole thing kind of shook me, but I eventually got over it.

Now, my current fears? They boil down to being weird... kinda. I am slightly afraid of my reflection, and not in the "Oh god I can't look at myself!" kinda way. You see, I often wonder, are they really just showing us a "reflected surface"? Or is there a whole world beyond that sheet of glass. Are these people simply living their own lives, and doing mostly the same things as us, at least, when we can see them. Perhaps these creatures, are not in fact just a simple re-creation of us living a separate life in another world that just happens to coincide with ours on occasion. What if these things are actually lying in wait, hoping for us to let our guards down before ripping us out of our world and into theirs. Imagine it. You're in the bathroom, having just brushed your teeth. You lean in close to look at your face, when suddenly your reflection smirks. A hand flies through the mirror and grips your shoulder. The hand is cold, as if completely devoid of human warmth. Not to mention strong. With one tug you are pulled through the mirror, and they replace you. You're stuck, unable to get help... unable to be saved.

My other fear is slightly more rational. I'm afraid of being forgotten. Not waking up one day and no one know's who I am (though that WOULD be horrid), but, not leaving my mark upon the world. I don't want people to just forget about me when I die. I don't want to just fade away. I want people to know who I was. To know I wasn't just some guy. I want people to remember me. Sad

"How does he get you? What's your weakness?"
"I say I'm fearless... But I'm not."
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zacefron12 Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:21 am

The scariest thought is losing my girlfriend. She means everything to me and without her l would struggle hell of allot.

zacefron12
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2