FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And By Night, They Walked v.2

+6
Fate Flyer
Lumeus
Kathryn Lacey
Xiantic
Silver Wolf
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

And By Night, They Walked v.2 Empty And By Night, They Walked v.2

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:22 pm

Okay guys I had a really nice intro written out but my Internet decided to lag as I was about to post it and I lost the really nice four paragraph masterpiece. I'm so irritated right now I can't think straight so I'm just going to write a brief description to give everyone else an idea of what this RP will be about. There may be a few open slots, but right now the RP is invite only until otherwise stated. You may express interest in this thread and once we find out what we're going to do we'll decide who to let in and what roles are available.

So, this RP is based off of the fictional Vampire-Werewolf war. This will be a continuance of Surreal Twilight's 2008 RP of the year by the same title. It's up to Fate Foretold if she wants to post a link to it since it's on another RP site. The concept is Lycans and Vampires are very much real, and the governments of the world have been trying to keep this fact unknown to the mass public. Massive underground cities exist where these races reside, away from humans. However, the members of each race surface once in a while, and mingle unknowingly with the humans. All the while their war rages on, unknown by the rest of the world.

I have a few ideas about what to do with this RP, but before I go on with them I want to hear what you guys think. So, time for a brainstorming session.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

And By Night, They Walked v.2 Empty Re: And By Night, They Walked v.2

Post by Silver Wolf Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:26 pm

Hai! Came to post like you told me too Lu.
So I'd be replaying Rhianna, a younger vampire. Partially said for my own mind...but yeah.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm

Yeah, I'm in. But as I've said, I'll be slow. Just warning you.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:52 pm

Hm... Maybe it's good that I didn't stick to the S*T version long enough to kill off my character like I'd planned back then... It leaves it open for Lillith Grey ((werewolf)) to come back. =3

Well, you said in the PM's that this could/would end up taking place several years after the first one. I'll probably have to reread it to refresh my brain and decide how to progress things, though. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am

Yes, this continuance will take place a few years after the original. The war has settled down to relative peace between the two races, and in this setting it'll be the humans that are causing the problems for our characters. The underground cities that have been constructed for the races have been getting closed off from the upper world, and this is starting to irritate the veterans of each race. Humans are interfering with their affairs, and the attempt to keep the races a secret from the masses has greatly increased recently. It's almost as if they're planning to try and remove them from the world.

That's my idea, anyone have anything else?
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:47 am

Is this Rp open to those not familiar with the original?

Last edited by Lumeus on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:48 pm

The original role-play can be found here for those looking for it: http://surrealtwilight.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7657&sid=675d4e5b8b4cd6cd3de06a7ac515ed14
(I don't mind posting the link.)

I think it works best for probably almost everyone involved to have this RP progress at a slower rate than the norm, so no worries, Xi. :3 I'm glad to see you guys!

I'll take on the roles of Velganos and Accalia once again, and possibly another (Syrena, the vampiress?). We will see. I don't want to overload myself. But for sure at least, I will be those 2 lycans.

I'll have to come back for ideas later, as I have to leave for work at the moment. I'm excited to get the gang back together though and to see where our characters will all be in a couple years following the first role-play!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Lucian, that sounds really interesting. I anticipate that the former enemies ((vampires and lycans)) will have to learn to work together if they want to survive. That's a cool dynamic.

Lumeus, in the first post, he said that this role play may be open to others once we get all of the information sorted out, so by posting here and voicing your interest, there's a chance you could be invited to play.

Fate, I think I agree. There are many role plays that can be successful so long as everyone understands that people are going to be slow about posting. That's how my current role play with my lover is. We just post when we have time, but it's not dying.

I'm excited to have the gang back together, too. It feels just like old times. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:50 pm

I have some free time on my hands now and I would love to participate in a slower role-play using Nicolas and Maia.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:51 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:...this role play may be open to others once we get all of the information sorted out...

Ah. Right. Reading before posting answered questions = not fail.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:46 pm

You mean I don't get to ki.. err, fight Lucian? Awww, if you insist. But my character will continue to do his thing. Mercenary for hire. Just a REALLY good, hardly known mercenary.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:16 pm

It's just one idea. Plus, if they do end up working together, it doesn't mean they have to like it. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:25 pm

What of any other things that go bump in the night? New little twist
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:51 pm

And of course Seth's little accomplice.

And I could see rivalries still showing up even if their forced to work together; butting heads, choosing sides, arguing. And no one really level headed enough on either side to keep things in control, oh boy.

Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 am

I really very much like the idea of having the humans be the true Big Bad in this role-play. That's the plan I had for my Immortal Vindication story I started working on inspired from And By Night, They Walked (whose premise you can see in the description here: http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/art/Immortal-Vindication-174154301?q=&qo=]http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/art/Immortal-Vindication-174154301?q=&qo=

Haha Lucian and Seth's relationship vaguely reminds me of Spike and Angel (oh, Buffy).

I think it depends on how many of the original cast will be returning for how many new people can be accepted, since there were quite a good amount of original players.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Xiantic, that's one idea, but if it's used, we'll have to be careful with incorporating it lest we over complicate the story.

Fate, first, I just want to say that your art is effing awesome! Maybe if this game takes off and if you have the time and the desire to do it, you could make a group picture of all of our characters. =P Just a thought.

Oh man... I'd never thought of those two being likened to Angel and Spike. That's just too funny.

Yeah. I agree. If we have too large a group, it'll be harder to get anywhere, especially if the game itself is going to be moving slowly.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeah, I could see the story getting really complicated really fast, since introducing new a species also means coming up with their backstory and figuring out where they fit in. I'm curious as to what the humans are trying to accomplish. Are they just trying to wipe out all vampires and werewolves for good?

Aw, thanks, Kathryn! ^_^ That would be AMAZING! I actually would love to try and attempt something like that, though I imagine it taking a little while. I definitely will consider that though. Lucian actually asked me for art of his character too, so if I did a group drawing, I obviously would include him, so that'd work out nicely.

Hahaha, agreed.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:24 pm

I don't see the likeness. Spike and Angel did kinda learn to get along. Seth wouldn't. He'd work with or for him, if paid enough, but just that. Of course, I think you're putting more into their relationship than is there. Seth doesn't really dislike Lucian more than, well, most everybody else, save one or two. It's just he also recognizes him as a legitimate threat as well as not liking or trusting him.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:07 am

Oh Xi, you and your mercenary vampire.

All right everyone, here's the grand idea I had for this RP.

The humans aren't necessarily trying to wipe out the species, they're just trying to become the dominant race through excessively violent means. They realize that Vampires and Lycans can make short work of them, so they're trying to minimize the numbers of both races. This has made the current time period very dangerous for non-humes. The leading governments of the world are behind all this. Their eyes and ears are everywhere.

Lycans and Vampires will be forced to co-exist as allies, even try to hide their true identities. As such, each of our characters would have been forced to mingle with humans. The ancients of each race are having an exceptionally hard time with this, and any ancients revealing themselves are immediately put on the priority hit list. Xi, I think this is where your character could come in. Your vampire is a skilled ancient, and I suspect he wouldn't have any problems with convincing a bunch of ignorant officials he just prefers to be out at night. He could be acting as the inside mercenary in all this, and could even be on Lucian's tail. We'd have to RP a way to get you on our side, though. Weather it be money or just opening Xi's eyes to the fact that he'd be hunting down and killing the legends of his own race eventually, as well. Seth may not be a hardcore Lycan hating vampire patriot, but I'm sure if some names he recognizes showed up on his hit list he'd have second thoughts.

I just have the mental image of all the werewolves walking down some crowded city street. Lucian, having been ignorant to the life of humans for a thousand some odd years, would have quite the time adapting to all these changes, along with the bumbling Zaheer at his side with the same problems. Lillith, being from a tribe of nomad werewolves, wouldn't be much better and they'd all rely on Velganos and Accalia to explain what's going on at every turn. On top of it all, they can't let anyone know they're a veteran wolf pack and must find some way to support themselves by 'normal means.' On top of it all, they'd be relying on the Vampires to gather intelligence for them (Since Lycan's aren't known for their stealth and information gathering capabilities) and all of them would have to come up with some way to reclaim their role as dominant races of the world!!!

Awezome. So, does anyone oppose this idea?
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:40 am

Fate, that's exactly what I thought when I thought about things being over complicated.

Sweet deal! I don't think anyone would be like, "Fate, if you're going to do this, you have to make sure and do it within a couple of days, or there's no deal." In my mind, it would just be a side project for fun.

I don't know if it would make it easier or not, but you know how in the "Immortal Vindication picture how each character had the picture of them and some form of the animalistic nature behind them? Well, it looks like each portrait could be done separately then later combined into one. If you saved the individual pieces, each person would have a picture of their character alone that they could make into a set-up or that they could place into their character sheet in their personal Archive thread when they post their character. It's just a thought, and I don't think you should do it if you think it'll cause you any stress at all. Just do what's easiest for you and what will be the most fun overall if you decide to do it. =3

Xiantic, don't be so quick to nay-say what your character would do. I mean, in a sense, that could close off one path to valuable character development in the future. Then again, there are other ways to develop a character, so who knows. =3

Lucian, oooh. I like this. The whole mingling with humans thing will have been pretty hard for Lillith at first for sure because she's so wild at heart, but it would definitely be a learning experience she wouldn't quickly want to pass up. She would definitely need the aid of Accalia and Velganos, though.

I really like this idea. Would we be starting this when they've already been assimilating themselves a little into the human lifestyle, or would we be beginning right when they realize they have to mingle with the humans?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:50 am

The humes would have pretty much taken over by now, so it's up to you how your characters have been staying out of the limelight. Just realize it would have to be something that kept your true identities a secret, and remember the underground cities are still there, they're just really hard to get in and out of, even for lycans and vampires. Lillith, I'm sure your character wouldn't have had any problem staying in pure wolf form in a forest given her background.

Lucian would have been staying at an old monastery, away from normal society, to stay hidden during this period. Given the fact that he's spent a great deal of his immortality studying martial arts, an old shaolin monk friend of his wouldn't of opposed his staying with them. The RP will pick up approximately one year after the 'human takeover.' Lucian would have realized what dangers his people are facing even from his hide away, and decided to send word to the troops and reform the pack. My first post will be Lucian calling out to the pack, so that's where it will pick up. In your first posts you'll list what you're character has been up to and then they'll head to the rally point.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Kathryn - You read my mind. :] That's exactly the idea I had about each person (and their animalistic side) in the drawing being their own separate thing and then combining them later on.

Lucian - I'm really liking this idea of humans attempting to thin the numbers of both the species and how both vampires and lycans now have to go into hiding or try to blend in with everyday society. I could see that leading to some pretty hilarious scenarios. (Makes me think of wizards and witches in Harry Potter and how unfamiliar they are with the Muggle world and watching them try to figure out how to dress and act and use currency. xD)

Both Velganos and Accalia have pretty much already been living amongst normal society most of their lives. It was only much later on that Vel moved into one of the underground bases to call home. I believed I altered their bios a bit since the last role-play, so I need to get their stories straight. I just re-read them though, and they'll still fit just fine in with the RP story we have going. If you guys would like to read about them, they're in my character thread, but I'm sure we'll post our characters once the OOC is posted.

Velganos never joined a wolf pack until Lucian accepted him. Accalia, on the other hand, stumbled upon her own (as you can read about in her bio) a few years after being turned. At some point, she ended up leaving them, for whatever reason, and it wasn't until later that she joined up with Lucian's pack, but it was Velganos who was to join them last. Though they've both had contact with their own kind, they both lived and worked in ordinary society, and it's Velganos who would be most familiar with it.

EDIT: Oh, and something that I've been wanting to do for awhile with Velganos that I would like to incorporate into this RP is having him truly deal with his internal struggle he's had since being turned. He's always rejected it, since he not only physically hurt but ultimately changed the one person he really loved and cared about, Accalia. He therefore has always seen his wolf side as a curse and as something that has invaded him and is trying to take over rather than actually now being a part of him and who he is, since he doesn't want to believe it was actually him that attacked Accalia. This is always the foundation for why he must take drugs in order to keep cool and to not transform at every full moon and at every angry or aggressive impulse, despite being an Adult lycan.

Sorry, it's been 2 hours since I typed that (I'm at work), so I lost my train of thought, but you get what I mean.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Fate, yay! I love when great minds are able to think alike! This is especially awesome because I'm not an artist at all, so I had no idea what would be simpler or more difficult where this was concerned. It just looked like a possibility from the way you'd done your Immortal Vindication picture. I think you combined them beautifully, but they still looked like they could have been separate pieces.

You mean the wizards and witches from the books. The ones in the movies already dressed like muggles. /dislike

However, I do agree. It could be so amusing, and some of those scenes could definitely lighten the serious mood of this game every once in a while. =3

I think your characters already sound pretty interesting, and they'll definitely be the most helpful in getting the other three known lycans assimilated into human culture. I like your idea for Velganos' internal struggle.

Lucian, just how much time do you think would have passed since the last role play? I need to know so I can edit Lillith's sheet accordingly.

I can see her maybe remaining in her wolf form and sifting herself into a pack of true-wolves or something. However, they would be able to sense that she wasn't quite the same as them, so while they may generally accept her, she would still be an outcast of sorts though she could definitely prove herself as a valuable member. Of course, maybe in the future of the role play, that same wolf pack would be able to aid the lycans in some way?

Just a thought... In the last role play, we had the beginnings of a romance thing between Lucian and Lillith though it didn't get very far at all. Are we going to pick up on that again, or just allow the pieces to fall where they may?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:04 pm

I was thinking the last RP would have been ten years prior to the start of this one. A pack of wild wolves may be useful, depending on what circumstances our characters find themselves in. Since I don't like completely scripting my ideas, it'll be nice to keep in mind.

Our characters seemed to mesh well in the last RP, but Lucian's not the kind of guy that would lose sleep over a lost lover. However, once he was around Lillith again, the same feelings would arise and I'm sure he'd start coming around to her again. So to answer your question, it won't pick up right away, but it would probably develop over time.

Expanding on Fate's thought on being in funny situations, I was doing some thinking and came up with a couple elements we'll have to incorporate.

1) Since the Lycans will have to stay meshed with humans and hide their true identities, they'll have to do human things like live in human dwellings and support themselves as humans do, by getting JOBS! HA! One idea I had was that all of our characters would have to find part time jobs.

2) Another idea I had was that all the lycans would get apartments in the same complex. So there would be alot of running around from apartment to apartment coming in without knocking, like in Friends!

NOTE TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE RP

I am opening a couple slots. I'll be accepting human and vampire characters. If you are interested, post a character idea in this thread. Me and the others will review your idea and PM you if you are accepted.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:15 pm

Name: Evelyn Raine
Race: Human
Appearance:
And By Night, They Walked v.2 Evelyn11
Biography: Evelyn’s life was normal, that is, until about a month ago. College, her boyfriend and hanging out at the local clubs was her life. But that all changed when her boyfriend “disappeared”. At least, that’s what everyone believed happen. How does a person just disappear? Deemed crazy by her neighbors, Evelyn swears her boyfriend was taken by a vampire. Now extremely paranoid and always toting around her “vampire slaying” kit, Evelyn has dropped out of college and is determined to prove them all wrong or die trying. Something strange is going on and she intends to find out.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Sorry Hermes, we're up to 5 lycan characters in this RP so we're really just looking for Vampires and Humans at the moment.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Sorry, I can't read. -_-

Human or vampire. I will have to think about that. I was never very good at playing vampires, so I may try a human.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Lucian, :: nods :: I kind of saw it in a similar light. Since the group would have been disbanded and Lillith and Lucian would have been separated, neither one would really be in dire agony or anything over it.

I actually see Lillith's time in nature as being a very calming and quasi spiritual thing for her. It'll be a lot easier to explain in the game-play itself, maybe even in her updated sheet.

I can't remember if anything romantic actually happened between them in the old role play ((I'll be reading through the entirety of the old game to refresh my mind completely.)), but if it didn't, maybe this could be like their "second chance" of sorts though I don't see it being instantaneous. A decade even for creatures who hardly age physically is still a long enough time for people to change, so they'll have a lot of catching up to do.

hahah I thought it was kind of a given that they'd have to get part-time jobs in order to better assimilate with humans. It's still such a funny idea.

I hadn't thought about them living in the same apartment complex/building, but I seriously love the idea of them never keeping their doors locked, so it's more like a big house than just a building with separate living spaces. =3

Earlier today, I read the first five posts in the old game, and Fate's character Velganos was like... affiliated with a government establishment called Primal United that not only helped those of lycan and vampire race but also served to try to get them together.

However, with new light on the governments of the world trying to wipe them out, it gave me an idea. What if Primal United became tainted and like... made it's first major strike against the two darker races through Primal United? Like... they would have gathered a bunch of leeches and wolves into one place and essentially annihilated them there?

Are we going to have this be in Phoenix, Arizona again, or will the location change?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 pm

I still like the idea of it being in the US, but it doesn't have to be in Phoenix necessarily. The rally point, however, will be the old Lycan headquarters. I'd suspect there's still a good amount of every one's personal belongings there.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:41 am

Count me officially interested in an Ancient Vampire information broker and possibly a human 'in the know'. I'll work up something like a character sheet in the next day or two.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next