FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghosts, Spirits, Specters, Phantoms, and Apparitions

+6
Thunder Daddy
Aesalon
Kathryn Lacey
Gabe
JRERowland
Fate Flyer
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ghosts, Spirits, Specters, Phantoms, and Apparitions - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghosts, Spirits, Specters, Phantoms, and Apparitions

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:50 pm

I believe it. D:
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Ghosts, Spirits, Specters, Phantoms, and Apparitions - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghosts, Spirits, Specters, Phantoms, and Apparitions

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Here it is. Just watch it I put an annotation where you should be listening closely. Also...again...we were scared to death. Please be kind and forgive our foul language. ^_^

Also at the end you hear me say there's two of them, we thought it was a car but it wasn't. We kept driving and there was nothing! However my camera died shortly after. Also...again I apologize for being a pussy.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 pm

That-was-simply-awesome.

There seem to be a lot of will-o-wisps in Texas, but that is one of the better videos that I have seen.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Despite my awful language? LMAO. ^_^
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:00 pm

I find it interesting that a lot of the time, no matter how near or far you were from it, it stayed the same size. I didn't see two of them or anything, though.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:03 pm

WTF, I'd be cursing too. That is freakin' creepy. And I did hear the part where someone distinctly said "I got the wheel." Way~~~ creepy. D:
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Yeah I don't think I did either. I was just scared shitless.

-Ish a panzy-

It's fun going out there though. That was my second time. The first time was even worse. I want to go out there again before I leave Texas but no one will go with me. >_<

You can really hear my accent though when I can scared can't you. Lol.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:10 pm

WHOA, Sighlent. Shocked I've not heard of the Saratoga light before, but that was pretty weird! It seemed like the light wouldn't let you guys get any closer. That was pretty creepy. D: It's amazing though that you got it on film, and not only that, but that you got an EVP!!! That's also what excites me. Congratulations! Those are usually pretty hard to record. That voice is creepy, and what's more creepy is that it seemed to be controlling the wheel too.. Thanks for sharing! Thumbs Up

Your accent is so adorable. ^_^
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Gah everyone always says that! But yeah. I'm glad I finally got it uploaded! It's over a year old.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:13 pm

Also, Fate I can't listen to your EVP recordings on that site for some reason.

Sad
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Aw, really? Sad That sucks!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:16 pm

I knows! -Cries-
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:19 pm

Sighlent wrote:Yeah I don't think I did either. I was just scared shitless.

-Ish a panzy-

It's fun going out there though. That was my second time. The first time was even worse. I want to go out there again before I leave Texas but no one will go with me. >_<

I'll go with you! Very Happy I don't live anywhere near Texas (I'm in Virginia), but I'll go! Very Happy
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:25 pm

I would totally go if I was near you, but I'm in Iowa. :: sigh ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Hey I'm moving to Virginia in about a week and a half!!!
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Really?? :O Where in Virginia??
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Virginia Beach! ^_^
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:35 pm

One of my very good friends lives there. :O VA Beach is a few hours from where I live. Smile
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 pm

We'll so have to go Ghost Hunting together LMAO!
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:37 pm

Totally, and my friend will probably tag along cuz she's totally into that stuff too. Very Happy
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Yayness! I have a friend in Virginia now! ^_^

My husbands in the Navy and that's where he got stationed. So that's why I'm moving there. I'm so not looking forward to the 24 hour drive though from here to there! >_<

It's going to be excruciating.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:40 pm

Oh man, my friend's boyfriend is in the Navy too. XDDD This is so bizarre.
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:41 pm

Yeah...it really is. O.O
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:42 pm

Talk about huge coincidences. XD
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Either that or you're just stalking meh. LOL. Just kidding. ^_^
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Maybe I am stalking you~~ >3
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:52 pm

O.O

O.O

o.O
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:53 pm

^w^
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:05 pm

A tricky subject, I don’t believe in ghosts or spirits in a traditional sense. I do, however, believe in a thing I could only describe (personally) as spiritual energy. Simply, I don’t believe in either because both in their own way hint at a conscious life beyond death, a sense of immortality beyond the morality of the human body. Something I, personally, do not believe to exist. I do, however, believe that if there is strong enough reason, what that reason might be, it can leave a sort of ripple effect upon the Universe itself. Not a conscious entity by any means, but energy all the same.

A complex thing really, I honestly can not fully explain the ideal. Wish that I could.

Only had one truly strange experience with such things myself, during the summer after my freshman year when I spent two weeks in Ireland. We were staying at Ashford Castle, and it was one a clear day and decently warm. The much cooler temperature was highly to my liking, low seventies being more comfortable than low hundreds. Anyway, walking around the grounds of the place I came across an isolated area. It was kind of strange; everywhere else you could see people. Here, there weren’t any walking around.

There were two low towers, one lower than the next, with a wall between them that could be passed through. I found it odd, there seemed to be absolutely no reason for them to be out where they were. At the same time it was intriguing, and I like old ruins in the first place. Decided to have a look inside, despite there was no light. And I mean absolutely no light. Usually during the day some fraction of light shines into similar places, that wasn’t the case here. It was completely dark, as if standing somewhere in the middle of the Universe long after every star had died and all light vanished.

Still, it was fascinating so I decided to move in further. I never got very far. Nothing physically harmful happened, only a bizarre feeling. Everything became cold, a sort of static cold. This wasn’t a normal cold feeling, it was beyond freezing. And I’ve been in really cold weather before; it wasn’t the same feeling at all. I used the term static because the hair on my arms and so forth started to act as if being pulled by a static current. The chill was, eldritch. I froze, unable to move for a moment. There was also no sound, but a faint distant echo like wind being filtered through a void. Strangely it was a calm day, a few gentle breezes but nothing strong enough to create such an echo inside the corridor. Also, as stated, it seemed distant.

I’ve never been able to explain what that was, but it was very strange. I was young at the time, and long to go back so that I might further investigate into that corridor. Find out if it was a one-time thing or if I would have the same feeling.

Someday, I also plan to visit Castle Dracula and spent at least a night within the courtyard; perhaps longer. I’ve heard strange, fascinating stories about that place and would love to check it out on my own. Would also like to spend a weekend at Lake Bodom in Finland as well, perhaps a friend and I will accomplish this (as we both want to) sometime in the future.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2