FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xenophobia--OLD--CLOSED

3 posters

Go down

Xenophobia--OLD--CLOSED Empty Xenophobia--OLD--CLOSED

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Note: If, by some strange stroke of luck, anyone is reading and thinking to themselves "Darn, I wish I'd gotten in this smexy RP while I still had the chance," do not fear! There are multiple chances for people to enter over the course of the plot, so check out the OOC for a character sheet and drop me a PM so I can explain minor bits of what needs to be different for each joining point. Then, I'll let you know when we hit the next entry point, and it'll all be cool.
On a similar note, if anyone in this RP wants to recommend it to their friends, I'll love them forever.
Xenophobia--OLD--CLOSED Xenophobia
Some reading material for anyone who wants a little reading:
(The Interest Check)

The year is 2050, thirty years after the Devastation that brought the world to a screeching halt, dyed the streets with blood, and eventually forced humanity to unite under one banner. The Terran Union, as the countries of Earth are now called, exist in numbered cities scattered all around the world. Well, the habitable parts of the world. Africa, Australia and virtually every island on the planet were rendered near uninhabitable due to the Taint left by the Devastation. All remaining armed forces were disbanded under the Terran Union, ushering in an era of peace and prosperity. Scientists even began to find methods of combating the Taint, allowing humanity to slowly begin retaking the lost lands.

Our story begins in City 997, sometimes called Mega Primus because it is the largest prime-numbered city, sometimes even called New York by those who remember before the Devastation. All around the city, average people are stricken by an invisible force-- Each of them going into severe cardiac arrest at the same moment.
Be these people.
Enter the Terran Union.
Love the Fear.

Character Formats:
(I ask that you PM me the character sheets, as I can be rather nit-picky with bios and I don't want to clutter this thread)

User Name: A'dur.
Character Name: Keep it realistic. There's not much in the way of Ravek Firestorm in City 997/New York.
Age: It should be less than 35, due to certain plot points.
Appearance: What do they look like? If they usually wear a certain outfit, you can include that. Pictures are cool, but if your going with anime try to stick to the more "realistic" styles. If your picture has gravity-defying hair, I'll probably ask for another. Even if you do have a picture, I'd still like a brief description.
Bio: No books. I'd like some detail, but everyone should have had more or less normal lives so far. Technology hasn't advanced by leaps and bounds in the forty years between now and then. It's more or less the same, even the culture hasn't changed that much.
Personality: This is where you should put any effort you shave off of your bio. I want characters really fleshed out here, so that between the bio and this, I should feel like I'm at least an acquaintance of your character.
Other: If you really think your character is so special, tell me here.

Some Final Notes:
-If you're unsure about joining, you will have numerous opportunities to kill off your character and "cleanly" leave the RP. So try it, see if you like it, and if it just isn't for you then you'll at least add to the body count and help me create the atmosphere.
-Feel free to ask me any questions about the plot or the RP in general. I may not be able to answer for fear of spoilers, but there's no harm in asking.

Last edited by Chainlinc3 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Xenophobia--OLD--CLOSED Empty Re: Xenophobia--OLD--CLOSED

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Existing Characters:

User Name: Chainlinc3

Character Name: Timothy Mendoza

Appearance:
Xenophobia--OLD--CLOSED Storm_060906040715474_wideweb__300x375
Gotta love my horrid picture-searching skills. Ignore the creepy looking guy in the background. Also, I'm mildly confused as to if this guy is someone famous. ... Anyway, on with the description.
Shaggy, dirty blond hair. Icy blue eyes. Freckles. Roughly 5'6", with an average build. Tends to wear a white t-shirt with any number of black tribal-style designs, along with a well-worn pair of jeans. I'll hunt down a pic later.

Bio: Tim was a single child to a single, alcoholic father. From an early age he realized that safety was simply not found in his home, so he spent as much time as he could out of it, often down at a local arcade. He met up with a group of kids there and, despite the fact that these kids were more or less video game nerds whereas he was more into sports, he slowly warmed up to them. The group became his closest friends, and for a while he dated a girl from the group by the name of Roxy (short for Roxanne). Then high school ended, and Roxy opted to go to a college way out on the west coast of North America. He never heard from her again.

Since then, he's spend most of his time with his group of friends, all of whom went to a local college with him, City 997 Uni. Such originality. Life's been rocky, but he's hanging in, and with decent grades to boot. He's grown rather friendly with one of his professors, simply because they had the same last name. As far as either of them can tell, there's no relation between Dr. Mendoza and Tim.

Personality: Generally friendly, but more or less a failure as far as socializing goes. As such, he often spends his time solo, much to his chagrin. He does, however, have a close knit group of friends that he hangs with whenever he can. If anyone attacks or if he even perceives an attack on one of his friends, he takes immediate and permanent steps to shut them down. Kinda a dork.

Other: Nada

User Name: Squall Reyes

Character Name: Rick Davis

Appearance:
Xenophobia--OLD--CLOSED P_A__Boom_by_Jakdaw
Rick wears whatever he can find in the broken world. The more protection it offers the better.

Bio: Born a few years after the Devastation in a town north of the New York called Yonkers, Rick was quickly thrown into a mad world. At a young age and with both parents dead Rick was one of a million orphans at the end of the Devastation. He grew a disliking to the cities and the authorities that controlled them for their treatment of him and his parentless brother and sisters. As he and the other children grew older the cities began to open themselves to the maturing orphans. Faced with a lifetime in wastelands many decided to take the stability and protection of the cities. Rick however could not forgive and forget and continued to live outside the city in his old home town. However as he matured he discovered he had a great talent in finding “artifacts” and also that the people of the cities would pay handsomely for them.

Personality: Life sucks and then you die. That has been Rick’s motto since a small child. Because of it he takes few things seriously. He has little respect for any authority and that includes the government in charge of City 997. Sarcasm, quick wit and survival by any means necessary are Rick’s tried and true practices.

User Name: Quakernuts

Character Name: James Florence

Appearance:
Xenophobia--OLD--CLOSED Thank_you_by_RubberSun
James prefers to wear whatever happens to be on top of the pile. He is rarely ever seen with the gray toque on his head. Also underneath he wears what appear to be dog tags, but have no name inscribed on them.

Bio: James grew up with a single parent, and his older brother John. His mother died of cancer short after his birth, and his father, who was a Book Store owner within the city of Mega Prime. His father, who was a respectable man by trade, did not live up to the stereotype of a bookworm. Well built, energized, and authoritative, James’s dad was a force to be reckoned with. So, needless to say, James went through the entire rebellious stage, and was brought down not so kindly by his father. This did not stop James at all; in fact, it seemed to spur him on. The only time that James and his father managed to look at each other without a fight, was when his dad passed away when he was sixteen.

His brother, a good eight years older than him, took up the role of caretaker for the young man. This upbringing and death that surrounded him kept James from being too overly sociable. He went on and off with girlfriends, and often the reason for the breakup was because the girl was getting too controlling or James wasn’t paying enough attention. James floated between groups of friends, sort of the all-around good guy, but not someone who you would be best buddies with. James’s social life outside of school and girlfriends was next to non-existent. He preferred to sit at home, and read some books offered on the new technology since the devastation.

While he is not fairly versed in the technology, due to his lack of actual experience on it, he knows a lot of basic stuff that others simply wouldn’t. He is currently going to college to learn more about this interesting subject, and refuses to let his past interrupt his present work. James’s still lives with his brother, mainly due to the fact that he’s more of a roommate than a parent, and that they also get along fairly well.

Personality: James can be funny one moment, and completely serious the next. He tries to act like he doesn’t know what is going on, or the answer to a question, but he is a lot smarter than he lets on. He prefers to keep people a certain distance from him due mainly to the fact that he doesn’t feel an exact area where he belongs. He is friendly most of the time, and curt and polite when he is not in the best of moods. He never lets his anger show, and often bottles it up until he gets home where he has equipped a punching bag to deal with the unreleased aggression. Overall, he is a friendly man with few buddies, and fewer friends.

Screen Name: Crazy Hobo

Character Name: Robert Linklater

Appearance:
Xenophobia--OLD--CLOSED Img_louis_garrel
More or less, I suck at that whole picture finding thing.

Robert is a gangly 5'11" and has a mass of unkempt brown hair that he seems to rarely take a comb to. His eyes are a deep blue color that seem to directly appose his own personality and fashion sense. Speaking of fashion sense, it's a little out there. There is no real telling what he will wear from day to day, but you an expect to be mildly surprised as well as confused.

Bio: As you would expect, Robert has lived a pretty normal life. No tragic upbringing or an untimely death in the family, actually his childhood home life was almost too uninteresting to talk about. Or at least as far as Robert is concerned. Being normal just wasn't really an option in Robert's minds, it was actually a bit of an insult. All his life he has been one of the odd kids, and he liked it. Fitting in was like dieing, and death is usually something to avoid, so he stood out. A lot. He simply lived his life for the joy of it and not to fit some kind of social norm.

Over the years Robert searched for a creative outlet for his bustling creative spark, and even now has never really found it. He tried painting when he was younger, and found it didn't suit him. He moved on to juggling and yet again found it lacking for him. Drawing and most other forms of art seemed not to fit what he wanted, and so did a dozen other artistic outlets.

He skated through college, which he graduated from a few months ago, with an easy degree in psychology, and is still searching for that perfect craft to fit his ever so odd personality. Still it eludes him even after his college life, and frankly it pisses him off.

Personality: An extrovert in every sense of the word. Most people would consider running naked through the halls with only a bowtie a once in a lifetime drunken occurrence, but Robert does it one Tuesday a month for the hell of it. He usually never really thinks things through either, taking most ideas on his whim rather than on a ration thought, though it's not like he has rational thoughts very much. He lives life to it's fullest, even if that happens to mean attempting a front flip off the two story dorm across from the pool and breaking a leg. Whatever, it was fun.

Other: He is strangely particular about his name only accepting being called Robert because, as he says, "Bob, Bobby, and all the other ones sound way too douchey."

User Name: LittleSun1

Character Name: Nora Ashling

Appearance:
Xenophobia--OLD--CLOSED Cr_shakespeare_heroine_420w
Nora’s hair is consistently messier than this, but she normally puts it back in a messy bun or pony tail anyway. She tends to dress all in one color- usually nailing it down to the shade- for the sake of matching. Nora doesn’t own a lot of clothing so it’s not unlikely that, after just a week or two of knowing her, even the most unobservant person would recognize most of the things she wears. Her constant companion is a hand crocheted grey and white skull cap. She wears it every day, earflaps tied firmly under her chin, no matter what the weather. Her arms are usually covered with the somewhat artistic doodles of her absent mind.

Bio: Nora grew up in the poorer part of City 997. Not the ‘we’re starving to death’ part, but it was rundown and dirty and the words ‘Final Notice’ were common in their home.

Nora’s family moved to City 997 when she was four and, for a long time afterwards, nothing really changed. Her mother, Chesna Morson, existed in a near constant state of unmoving depression, her father, Galen Ashling, was always tired, and her brother Wyatt was always there to help her smile and laugh, to dream with her. Their time together was almost completely centered on the Devastation, what it was like before, what it was, what was happening because of it, but Wyatt’s views on the matter were highly romanticized. To him, the era before the Devastation was like a lost Eden, something that need not only be studied but actually found. It didn’t take long for Nora too to take up this path of thinking. To her, the present is a bland wasteland. The past and, because the only way to ‘go back’ is to ‘go forward’, the future is where it’s at. Hoping to learn more about these things, Nora enrolled at City 997 Uni on a need based grant about two years ago. A couple months after her enrollment, her brother disappeared. Since then, while she hasn’t exactly stood out, she has produced some interesting material on the taint and Devastation. It’s not lack of ideas, but rather her incessant day dreaming that’s kept her from going farther than she has. Turns out, the only thing she really excells at is fantasy.

It’s generally known that Nora’s family, or rather her parents, used to be scientists highly involved with the taint and combating the affects of the Devastation. Nowadays her father works as a street cleaner. Her mother doesn’t do much of anything.

Personality: Nora’s a dreamer. Always running late, her head in a book, nine times out of ten she’ll have a glazed look in the eyes. Always alone, but always listening. Nora has a great memory, she’s never needed a tape recorder in her life, and tends to remember more about things than other people might like. Because of her lapse attention span, she tends to do poorly in conversation. Complete phase outs and useless answers are common, especially when she doesn’t really care about what’s being discussed.

Nora, an optimist, takes everything at face value. She assumes that most people have good intentions, even if they’re not clear. While she cares about other people, Nora realizes that she’s only got one life to live. She’s not going to give it up for just anyone.

Nora doesn’t scare easily. Her first reaction to anything alarming, rather than distrust and fear, is simply... Calm. Other than that, she likely does seem just a little bit off.

Last edited by Chainlinc3 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:11 am; edited 11 times in total
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Umm... Just letting you guys know, a little idle banter in here is good. At the very least, it lets me know that people haven't forgotten about the thread. I'm just saying this because some people were still using the intchk, which confused me. >.<
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:35 am

Hoookay then, silence it is. In case people didn't notice, the gender balance is waaay off, so I'd greatly prefer some female characters in here.

Also, I'mma send out a reminder PM to anyone who was in the IntChk but hasn't dropped me a bio yet. >.<
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSun1 Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Well, adding one female to the group probably won't do much for gender balance, but she's on her way!

Thanks so much for the reminded PM Chain, I'd completely forgotten about Xenophobia (Which is obnoxious because I've been spending all of this time desperating looking for a roleplay)! I'm glad it's back at the front of my mind though, something to do YAY!

And I'm all for idle chatter! Speaking of which, you said we could ask questions about the plot... Basically, I just want to confirm that there is one. I mean, this isn't going to be freestyle or anything right? You've got a pretty good idea where this is going?
I'm good with not knowing the exacts, my character won't know what's going on so I don't want to know either, but I'd just like to know that you know, you know??

Any who, character bio is on the way!
LittleSun1
LittleSun1
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Yes I do know. Razz
More specifically, I have more than enough plot planned out on this, along with backstory and other history that will be uncovered as we move along. I'd love to go more detailed, with a wall of text like those typical of my RP designs, but certain matters make it hard for me. Such as, I'd have to be bold-faced lying to you for most of it, and I don't especially see the point of it. >.<
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSun1 Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:15 am

Boogie Sounds awesome, you're making me want to get this going so bad.

When do you think we'll be starting? I mean, are more profiles expected to come in, or do you think this is group we'll be going with?
LittleSun1
LittleSun1
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:31 am

Well, I'm still waiting on one or two bios. Ethereal responded to the PM I sent out, so he should get a bio to me...eventually? And then there's Kingmaker, who I hate to leave behind, but said he was going to be offline for... I don't remember how long. Maybe a week-ish? Anyway, I'll give them 'till around the end of the week to get their bios together, then I'll prolly move on without them if I still don't have them.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:25 pm

... Well then. I think I'm going to move this on. IC is going up in a couple of minutes.
Update:
The IC
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:25 am

I know you're going to hate me for this, but I'm going to say it before Kalon sees it.

You're going to have to remove the OOC parts from your in character posts, and put them in this thread. I'm not trying to be a nag or anything, but I can garuntee that Kalon or Shadow will end up in here, and tag it for said reason.

Just a heads up...

Oh, and I'll be posting somewhere on Monday, when I'm not actually working. Until then folks! ^^
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:25 am

...That's... unfortunate.
*fixes*
Ok, so, the first post is basically slice of life, followed by you seeing a purple flash and going into cardiac arrest. Cool? Cool.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Update:
Now you're just coming to in the hospital (already pronounced dead), and should wander about for a sec. The plot will start in earnest next post from me, so take this time to start grouping up a little and, if you have no other inspiration, try to find someone so you can get un-deaded. Razz
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSun1 Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:56 pm

Apologies for the delay in posting, I'll try to squeeze both events into a single post without being too obnoxious... Hopefully my furture posts will be waay shorter (and much more timely).
LittleSun1
LittleSun1
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:20 pm

There she is!
xD
Truth be told, I'd assumed you'd just gone inactive. I'm glad you're back with us though, the more people the better.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSun1 Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:00 am

Not inactive exactly, just dragging my feet, procrastinating, and generally drowning in writers block... But I guess the only way to really beat that is to write, so I'll just have to keep working at it!
Eventually I'll break it, haha Stabby
LittleSun1
LittleSun1
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSun1 Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:01 am

Awesome! I was sure this thing was dead.
It's not dead, is it??
(Haha, just like our characters)
LittleSun1
LittleSun1
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Um... I'm not sure. Honestly, the plans I have for this stretch faaar into the distance, so I was hoping for a little better reception. As long as nobody would be too upset by it, I'm thinking of closing this down and focusing on another RP, then returning to it once I know people I can hit up to join, and also once people have a little faith that I have all this junk planned out. I mean, with CH (apparently) dropping out, I just don't want to spoil all the surprises on a group this small. >.>

If you guys REALLY want this to keep going, you could always try to recruit 3-4 more people for it (It'll be easy to work them in with a dual-purpose post like LittleSun1's), but otherwise I'm leaning towards trying it again later, once I've acquired at least SOME reputation.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSun1 Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Oh, alright Sad. That's dissapointing, but probably for the best. I'm not sure how active I'd be able to be in the next few weeks anyway. And I wouldn't want you to feel like you're wasting your time, that would just ruin the experience. Sad

If you ever do get around to trying it again though, please send me a PM (even though I probably won't be active on FoG any longer, I'm going to keep the account) because I'd really love to find out where all this is going (aliens???)! I'd definitely be up for using Nora again (and her intro post), but I suppose she can be worked into other roleplays as well...

Good luck, and remember me if this RP gets going again!
LittleSun1
LittleSun1
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down