FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rain's Short Stories

Go down

Rain's Short Stories Empty Rain's Short Stories

Post by xraineyesx Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:54 am

Hello all!

I wanted to start a thread in the
original works section and share some of my
short stories for you all to enjoy. Since not
all of them fit one rating, I'll rate each of
them at the beginning of the post. Enjoy!

Oh, and by the way, I love feedback.
Please and thank you!
[:

Rating System Color Guide

[center]No rating = WHITE
PG =
BLUE
PG-13 =
GREEN
R =
RED

Table of Contents

1.] "The Fox and The
Horse"
- a retelling of an old myth in
the voice of Holden Caulfied from "The Catcher
in the Rye"

Last edited by xraineyesx on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Rain's Short Stories Empty Re: Rain's Short Stories

Post by xraineyesx Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:02 pm

The Fox and The Horse

Note: to understand this story, you
need to realize that it is a retelling of a myth called
"The Fox and the Horse". You also need to know
that it is told in the voice of Holden Caulfied, the
narrator of the novel, "The Catcher in the Rye".
I was required to do this for an English class, but I
thought it turned out really well.

Note: this story contains some language.

I heard this story one time that was pretty good about this old horse and a fox and a lion. There was a farmer too but he wasn't too important. See, this horse was too old to work, so the farmer wouldn't give him any more food unless he could bring him a lion. That just about killed me, a farmer talking to a horse. It was a horse, for Chrissakes. Anyway, the farmer chased the horse out then, which depressed me, chasing an old horse out to fend for itself, and the horse didn't have anywhere else to go butthe woods, I guess.

So this was in the woods and he meets this fox, and the goddam fox says to him, "Why are you so down,Horse? Why are you all by yourself?" Or something like that.

And the horse tells him, "My master threw me out because he forgot how much work I've done for him. And now I can't even plough good enough so he won't feed me." He said something like that, only when I heard the story the horse
used some big words. Not that a goddam horse can talk.

"Without giving you a chance?" asked the fox. That's all that goddam fox did was ask questions.

"The chance is a bad one. He said he'd take care of me again if I could bring him a lion, but he knows I can't do that."

Then the goddam fox told the horse that he'd help him out. That fox was a pretty nice guy. All that horse had to do was lie down and not move and pretend to be dead. That depressed me, pretending to be dead.

The fox went to the lion's den then. I don't know what a lion was doing in the middle of the goddam woods instead of in Africa, but there it was. And the fox tells him, "There's a dead horse lying out there. All you have to do is come with me and you can have a really good meal." That killed me.

So that dumb lion followed the fox to the horse, and the goddam fox tells him, "It isn't very convienent for to eat here. I tell you what. Let me fasten he horse to you by its tail and you can drag it back to your den and eat it."

The lion laid down so the fox could tie the horse to him. The fox tied the lion's legs together instead though, and the lion couldn't twist out of it. That just killed me. When something with no hands ties something, it kills me.

And so that dumb lion was all tied up and the fox just taps the horse on the shoulder and shouts, "Pull, white horse, pull." I would have liked the horse better if he wasn't white. White is a depressing color. It's always dirty.

The horse gets up then and the goddam lion is so mad that the fox tricked him that he roars and roars until he scares all the birds out of the woods. But the horse just pulled him to his master's door, and when his master saw the lion, he
changed his mind about that old horse. His master said to him, "You're going to stay with me and live well."

His master fed that goddam horse until the horse died.

When someone tells a story like that where the animals talk to each other and tell lies and you never find out what happened to the lion and the fox, it depresses me. It depresses me so much that I wish I wouldn't have told that goddam story.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:19 pm

That is so beast XD

I love the way you wrote it!!

Must of gotten an A Smile I like the way it came out as well. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Awwh, thanks Rie! I wrote it after the narrator of "The Catcher in the Rye", as you obviously read. And I did. Very Happy I actually got told to enter my work into contests.

P.S. - You owe me a post. <3.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down