FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farm Life

2 posters

Go down

Farm Life Empty Farm Life

Post by World Traveler Sat May 15, 2010 1:28 am

Hello FOG,

Before I toss my idea into the mix I thought that it would be helpful for everyone to talk a little bit about how I manage and 'corral' (lol) a role play.

I want to say that I am a fair and 'noble' GM who watches over his role plays with a gentle yet stern hand. Sadly, I am not able to say this because I am human. This one flaw is crippling in the fact that it means I will make mistakes, read posts incorrectly, and worst of all possible let the role play slip a little. Because of this I ask that everyone who joins my role-plays keep in constant communication with not just me, but the others in the role play as well.

Sincerely,

World Traveler

Now on to the Role-Play

This role play will be based in the small town of Wagic. Located in a little corner of the world where the four seasons are vibrant and the community is warm and friendly Wagic is often talked about as a small town paradise. Unfortunately several years ago Wagic lost one of its oldest and most beloved citizens. His name was Owen Smith and he was in charge of and ran Star Ranch and Farm based just outside the towns limits. Since then the farm has started to fall apart and rot down as the years went by.

All that is hopefully going to change this coming summer. Two years ago Own Smith’s grandson discovered that his family owned an actual ranch and farm and has made the decision to try and return the land to its former glory. He knows it will be a very difficult chore and that tackling it all on his own would be foolish. So after some help by his friends he started posting fliers all around his colleges campus asking for volunteers to come with him for the summer. He got some good responses and now that finals are over he heading out to Wagic for the big job.

The role play will be a character interaction focused role-play. The work on the farm will also be important, though I don’t expect everyone to know about farm tools and the jobs needed. Most of that will be overwritten as a few sentences describing what it is they are trying to accomplish. As for how many people I am allowing to join this role play I am thinking about 4-6 max. If this idea has anyone interested please let me know. Ideas and comments are not welcomed but encouraged as are questions.

People wanting to join should be open to romance, drama, and a hint of magical realism.
World Traveler
World Traveler
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Farm Life Empty Re: Farm Life

Post by Guest Sun May 16, 2010 5:21 pm

I'm interested. But I won't be able to do anything about it until later in the week, aka next weekend because I have multiple tests and assignments this week. But thought I'd post my interest at least.
I don't know much or anything about farming in reality, but perhaps my character could know nothing too, and just be interested?

Back to top Go down

Post by World Traveler Sun May 16, 2010 8:05 pm

To Miss Dagger,

I thank you for your interest as well as a tentative calender for your activity. I have no intention of forcing this role play along so feel at ease with your time constraints. I welcome you to the Farm Life Role-Play.

That type of character is more than welcomed. The character I will be taking on will have little knowledge of actual farm life as well. The group will be relying on several mediums to help learn how to bring the farm back to working condition. One of the main ones will be an old journal left behind by Owen Smith. I will also be creating a few NPC's who will be usable as 'helpers'. These will mostly be people who were good friends of Owen or just friendly people who like to work.

Sincerely,

World Traveler

Side Note(for everyone): Anyone who is interested in playing a character from the actual town please know that I will also be accepting of that as well. If possible I would even be interested in having a love interest for my character be a young woman from the village area. If this sounds like a character you might be interested in please feel free to post here with questions and comments. I am open to almost every personality type so please don't think I would be spoon feeding you a character.

Thank you.
World Traveler
World Traveler
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Mon May 17, 2010 4:02 am

Now this idea has an irony I can't ignore. I grew up on a ranch, was actually quite good with horses. Now this idea comes to my attention.

I must say I am interested but I am also amused at myself. As for a time schedule I got some free time what with a busted leg that is taking it's sweet ass time to heal.

So consider me interested.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by World Traveler Mon May 17, 2010 6:13 am

To Hisoka,

Thank you for your interest. I wish you a speedy recovery as well.

Sincerely,

World Traveler
World Traveler
World Traveler
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by World Traveler Thu May 20, 2010 3:26 pm

To Thread,

I am sorry to say that lack of interest has made me decide to close this idea down for now. I am going to be posting an alternative role play with a different back ground and plot. Thank you to Hisoka & Miss Dagger for their interest. I will be contacting both of you when I choose to reopen this role play.

Sincerely,

World Traveler
World Traveler
World Traveler
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down