FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shame there aren't more ways to say hello! Abyssus!

+3
Silvan Arrow
Weiss
Descent
7 posters

Go down

Shame there aren't more ways to say hello!  Abyssus! Empty Shame there aren't more ways to say hello! Abyssus!

Post by Descent Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:00 am

Well, wow, this is a big place! Seems plenty active as well! Aww

I do believe this means I've at last found a role playing community worthy of joining! Dance

Now, what to say? Sheesh, I've done this a hundred times and still I find introductions to be the hardest part of joining a new community! XD

Well, I like role playing, I guess that much is obvious. I've been doing it for quite a long time, a matter of years actually. Without trying to sound arrogant I think I pretty much know the ropes when it comes to role playing and the communities wherein it is performed. I've been a member of countless such communities and even held Moderator or Administrator positions on many of them.

I'd have to say my favourite type of role play is in the far flung regions of fiction! Fantasy, paranormal, alternate reality, science fiction! Whatever, it can all be good in my opinion! Smile

'Why am I here?' I suppose is a good question, especially since I mentioned my long history with a myriad of other communities. Well, I don't know, despite having stayed loyally at certain communities for years at a time I've never really felt stuck in. I suppose it was the lack of a mature and sophisticated community and environment. I hope that doesn't sound too elitist. Hmm

Well, enough from me! I look forward to meeting the members of this seemingly wonderful community and hopefully becoming a long standing member!
Descent
Descent
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Shame there aren't more ways to say hello!  Abyssus! Empty Re: Shame there aren't more ways to say hello! Abyssus!

Post by Weiss Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:36 am

Shame there aren't more ways to say hello!  Abyssus! WelcomeToFOG

Greetings and salutations, newcomer! Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

It's good to see another experienced writer joining our midst. Here lately we've had new members ranging from the young to the old; the new and rough to the well-refined. Our community may be smaller than many others, but I'd dare claim that we have the highest volume of quality writers that I've seen in a long, long time.

Now that I'm done being conceited on behalf of the forum, I'd also like to point out that we have a chat room, because I personally see the chat room as one of the best ways for new members to get to know the older folks who hang around in the IRC. It's a good way to get your foot in the door, and many of our more colorful members hang around in there to ramble about this or that. To get to the chat, simply click the Chat Room link in the navigation bar at the top of the page! It's usually not very lively in the morning and early afternoon hours (U.S.A. time), but it tends to pick up in the late afternoon all the way until the early morning.

That said, we really don't know much about you just by your introduction. Tell us more about yourself, if you don't mind. What are your hobbies aside from writing?
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Shame there aren't more ways to say hello!  Abyssus! Empty Re: Shame there aren't more ways to say hello! Abyssus!

Post by Descent Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks for the welcome Weiss! Always good to have as much information as one can on joining a new community! Smile

Oh, I'm a pretty average guy and by that regard, probably pretty boring as well. XD

I enjoy reading, gaming, good films and television series. Away from the home I am a great lover of nature, with woodlands being my favourite. My preferred season would have to be winter, as I love all manner of snow and rain and thunderstorms!

I'll pretty much try anything (with obvious exception Razz) once. I don't like to be narrow-minded, I prefer to be as open as possible. I've always believed that with a warm-hearted disposition and an open mind you can get anything done, resolve any predicament, overcome every hurdle!
Descent
Descent
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 am

Welcome to FOG, Descent! If you're looking for a mature, sophisticated RP community with high-quality writing, then you're definitely in the right place. Everyone here is really nice, some can be crazy (but in the best possible way XP), and it's definitely a lively, active community with something for everyone. Enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! Bird of Hermes should be along shortly to post some helpful links.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:39 pm

Greetings, Descent! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in there.

Shame there aren't more ways to say hello!  Abyssus! 13fe758e06

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

Take a moment to browse our fourms and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Descent Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Thank you very much for the welcome and information Bird of Hermes!

You too Silvan! Smile

I must say this is a very friendly community and you have an awesome board and layout. The more I see, the more I become convinced that I want to become a permanent member of this forum! Very Happy
Descent
Descent
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:17 pm

Descent wrote:Oh, I'm a pretty average guy and by that regard, probably pretty boring as well. XD

I enjoy reading, gaming, good films and television series. Away from the home I am a great lover of nature, with woodlands being my favourite. My preferred season would have to be winter, as I love all manner of snow and rain and thunderstorms!
Excuse me, but did anyone else read boring in this description? To me boring means...well...
What boring doesn't me to me is: reading, gaming, good films, (some) television series and a love for nature (and plenty of other things, but that's for another time).
How can that be boring? Oh wait! Watching someone read without a book of one's own can be boring. I agree.

If I have understood this forum and it's likes right - you'll fit in perfectly. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Descent Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:32 pm

Haha, well thank you Miss Dagger! Unfortunately I live in a place where you are considered boring if you don't consume vast amounts of alcohol on a daily basis and spend your late hours crammed into a room with countless other people you don't know, having their alcohol spilt on you and breathing in their smoke.

Or clubs, as some people like to call them.

Well, it is always nice to be amongst those who share one's interests! Smile
Descent
Descent
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:55 pm

I like this guy!! xD

Welcome to the FOG, Descent! cheers
Looks like you've had some welcomes so far, but that's no reason to deprive you of yet another! ^^ I'm so pleased to hear that you're a veteran, of sorts; it's always great to have another one of those around. We're not really "elitist" in a bad way around here, but we do strive to be elite, the best we can be. There was a long debate about it early on. Razz I ended up coining the word "eliterate" to describe ourselves. ^^

So, we're an eliterate role-playing community. study

Have a look around; there's plenty to do and see. It looks like everyone's already given you some starter advice, but feel free to ask any questions you might have. There'll likely be three to six people racing to see who gets to deliver the page of answers first. xD

Have fun, and enjoy the swirly mists! Wink
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Descent Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Hahaha! Very good Sir Ordona II! Eliterate!

Quite brilliant! lol!

Thank you for welcoming me to this fine and eliterate community! I shall do my best to meet the standards of an eliterate connoisseur and pioneer!

Oh and yes I have noticed that I am currently comprised of mist. Hopefully soon I can become something a little more substantial! Razz
Descent
Descent
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:08 am

Welcome to FoG! If you are looking for a place to sharpen your writing and RP skills than you have come to the right place. Just stopping by to say hi. It seams as if the rest of the welcomers have covered the basics. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask and I hope you enjoy your stay in the swirly mists.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Welcome to FoG, Descent.

It's good to see another friendly face. I doubt you're as boring as you say. You don't have to be modest. I'm sure in time you'll find you're just as interesting as anyone else who happened to find their way to this forum.

Enjoy your stay.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down