FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost my muse

4 posters

Go down

Lost my muse Empty Lost my muse

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:37 pm

So here recently I just.... can't write anymore. I can't come up with anything to write, let alone get inspired to do so. So, in that respect, don't expect me to post in any of the IC or OOC forums for a while, until it comes back (hopefully). I'll still be active in IRC and the occasional game, but I can't come up with anything creative.

Back to top Go down

Lost my muse Empty Re: Lost my muse

Post by Gadreille Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:28 pm

It happens to the best of us. Good luck finding your muse, though I hope you are searching for a metaphorical muse and not an actual naked lady playing a musical instrument. If you are looking for THAT sort of muse, I have no sympathy for you!

Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:34 pm

In my experience it has been that I go through cycles of great thoughts for stories and characters and then a drought. It happens. I sometimes find just ripping the stitches works sometimes. I would just write anything even stuff I know is crappy to try and get it out of my system. If that didn't work I would find a TV series that I liked and binged on that or watched a bunch of movies for inspiration. Those are the only two things that work for me. Then again you aren't me so it might work and it might not. Just figured I would try to help you out.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:58 am

Try poetry. Very Happy Switching gears like that might be fun.
You could try the sonnet game, for example, where you just have to fill in all the words except for the rhymes, so that it makes sense. Razz Something like that might get the juices flowing in a non-pressure-y way. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:43 am

I'm sorry you're going through this, Elric. I do this periodically, too. It's called feeling burned out. Don't worry. It'll come back eventually. You just have to let it run its course.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down